• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

abusori
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:05 AM)
abusori's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krappadizzle

What would you do with the powers of invincibility? Why goof around of course. I call this video, "Broken(Irish), The Multiple Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiSgS98UEA&feature=plcp

Yessssss
All hail Broken, the god of DayZ!
Rocket Scientist
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:07 AM)
Rocket Scientist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salacious Crumb

Only a couple of hours into my new character and I already have so so much to lose:



I found a GPS, Rangefinder, NVG, and Coyote Backpack on two dudes I killed in stary, poor bastards.

DAYUMN! What settings are you playing on and what are your computer's specs? O_O That looks sharp as fuck.
mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 11:14 AM)
mik83kuu's Avatar
My current setup:

Coyote Backpack (24-slot)
NVG
GPS
Laser Range Thingy
M4 silenced
M9 silenced
Map
Compass
Hatchet
Knife
Matches
Clock

I am so going to rage tomorrow when I log in and lose them on some stupid shit
HotHamWater
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:22 AM)
HotHamWater's Avatar

Originally Posted by mik83kuu

My current setup:

Coyote Backpack (24-slot)
NVG
GPS
Laser Range Thingy
M4 silenced
M9 silenced
Map
Compass
Hatchet
Knife
Matches
Clock

I am so going to rage tomorrow when I log in and lose them on some stupid shit

If you had a ghillie suit you'd be nigh-invincible. Some guy with a silenced weapon and a ghillie suit absolutely destroyed me and a friend as we were leaving Elektro at night time.

I didn't hear the shot but I saw my friend fall. Didn't even register that he'd been shot so I asked him on vent why he was proning. He said "I'm fucking dead dude, cheese it." I turn around and starting sprinting when this silhouette steps out of a bush in front of me and completely wastes me.
Anton668
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:27 AM)
Anton668's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamWater

If you had a ghillie suit you'd be nigh-invincible. Some guy with a silenced weapon and a ghillie suit absolutely destroyed me and a friend as we were leaving Elektro at night time.

I didn't hear the shot but I saw my friend fall. Didn't even register that he'd been shot so I asked him on vent why he was proning. He said "I'm fucking dead dude, cheese it." I turn around and starting sprinting when this silhouette steps out of a bush in front of me and completely wastes me.

yeah..... funny story bout all that gear.....
i'd tell ya all bout it cept im on my PS3 atm.
maybe someone else can tell you bout the great GAF massacre of ought twelve
Last edited by Anton668; 06-12-2012 at 11:30 AM.
mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 11:38 AM)
mik83kuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anton668

yeah..... funny story bout all that gear.....
i'd tell ya all bout it cept im on my PS3 atm.
maybe someone else can tell you bout the great GAF massacre of ought twelve

Yea someone should actually. Since you know, it was amazing. But I'm off to bed (and I wasn't even involved).
abusori
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:39 AM)
abusori's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamWater

If you had a ghillie suit you'd be nigh-invincible. Some guy with a silenced weapon and a ghillie suit absolutely destroyed me and a friend as we were leaving Elektro at night time.

I didn't hear the shot but I saw my friend fall. Didn't even register that he'd been shot so I asked him on vent why he was proning. He said "I'm fucking dead dude, cheese it." I turn around and starting sprinting when this silhouette steps out of a bush in front of me and completely wastes me.

Dude with a ghillie suit massacred the fuck outta gaf today. I think only 3 survived, and they just weren't there. He also had some friends, but we took them out. (and by we I mean mostly mob who was on the hill with them)

Yeah yeah eloquent story telling and all, but I ain't no wedge.
The Janitor
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:45 AM)
The Janitor's Avatar
Funny thing about bicycles, zombies attacking your bike fixes it. Also they can't hurt you on it
Anton668
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:45 AM)
Anton668's Avatar
and i figured out why I had no ingame sound,
my pc decided to go "full retard" and send audio through hdmi instead of my headphones.
:(
McBradders
NeoGAF: my new HOME
(06-12-2012, 11:50 AM)
McBradders's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Janitor

Funny thing about bicycles, zombies attacking your bike fixes it. Also they can't hurt you on it

nerf bikes :(
Slair
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:56 AM)
Slair's Avatar
Preliminary improvements from the impending update:

Originally Posted by Rocket

Rough outline of what to expect in the pending update.

I will update this as more stuff is put in. Changelog will then follow it.

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.
- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds
- Revised Attack sounds
- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.
- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

MasLegio
Banned
(06-12-2012, 12:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Slair

Preliminary improvements from the impending update:

sounds like a great update, hopefully it will come before the weekend
w3bba
Banned
(06-12-2012, 12:57 PM)
Is there an official EuroGAF Server? Would like to play with some nice guys for once
McBradders
NeoGAF: my new HOME
(06-12-2012, 01:01 PM)
McBradders's Avatar

Originally Posted by w3bba

Is there an official EuroGAF Server? Would like to play with some nice guys for once

Nope :(
w3bba
Banned
(06-12-2012, 01:39 PM)

Originally Posted by McBradders

Nope :(

Dang, well maybe we can designate one server as a central Gaf meetingplace?
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 02:27 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slair

Preliminary improvements from the impending update:

Nailed the first one!

So glad I didn't hang out with GAF if they all died.
childplease
Banned
(06-12-2012, 03:27 PM)
Knew I should have not logged out.
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 04:29 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar
WE ARE NOW US 38! FILTER FOR NEOGAF TO MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOU!

Other server related stuff:
  • I also patched us up to 63666.
  • Still debating on using the BattlEye Extended Controls global chat kick since now the mod is moving towards no Global and those left using it are terrible people.
  • TX8/US 38 isn't up for renewal for another 15 days - Donate!
  • Dallas 19 has about 10 more days left on it before we lose it.
  • Still need a Euro Admin for TX8/US 38
mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 05:27 PM)
mik83kuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX


Other server related stuff:

  • TX8/US 38 isn't up for renewal for another 15 days - Donate!

I'll make sure to donate some monies before that time runs out. What are some useful donations to make? How much for a month for an example?


Originally Posted by w3bba

Is there an official EuroGAF Server? Would like to play with some nice guys for once


Dude join mumble and join TX8... erm US 38. I play from Finland and lag is definitely not an issue (other than the terrible de-syncing and lag that's been going on since Saturday).
Last edited by mik83kuu; 06-12-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Jibbed
Member
(06-12-2012, 05:32 PM)
Jibbed's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX

WE ARE NOW US 38! FILTER FOR NEOGAF TO MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOU!

Other server related stuff:

  • I also patched us up to 63666.
  • Still debating on using the BattlEye Extended Controls global chat kick since now the mod is moving towards no Global and those left using it are terrible people.
  • TX8/US 38 isn't up for renewal for another 15 days - Donate!
  • Dallas 19 has about 10 more days left on it before we lose it.
  • Still need a Euro Admin for TX8/US 38

I'm on fairly often these days, I wouldn't mind being the Euro admin (UK). I've yet to try the GAF server, the lag has been killing me lately. Can't wait for the update.
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 05:49 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar

Originally Posted by mik83kuu

I'll make sure to donate some monies before that time runs out. What are some useful donations to make? How much for a month for an example?

Server costs $50 a month. Donate what you can, but I like to stress that no one should feel obligated. I know a lot of the DayZ group is young and money could always be better spent somewhere else. Unless you're gibs. He pays me lots of money for the GAF souls hes taken or hasn't saved.

Originally Posted by Jibbed

I'm on fairly often these days, I wouldn't mind being the Euro admin (UK). I've yet to try the GAF server, the lag has been killing me lately. Can't wait for the update.

I could use two, but you do need to play on the server occasionally. I just want to make sure people get a feel for the server when they admin so they know how to sniff through some peoples bullshit and how to identify if the server does need a good kick.

Are you on mumble?

Edit: It's possible we might gain some performance boost out of forcing people to have client 93616+. What does everyone say?
Last edited by OrangeYouGlad; 06-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
nekosaur
Member
(06-12-2012, 08:03 PM)
nekosaur's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX

Edit: It's possible we might gain some performance boost out of forcing people to have client 93616+. What does everyone say?

I'd say yes, since people are gonna have to use the latest beta patch anyway when the new update hits.
Rocket Scientist
Member
(06-12-2012, 08:26 PM)
Rocket Scientist's Avatar
It's crazy that a 3 year old, $30 dollar game is the #1 selling game on steam... That's just crazy. I'm also convinced that DayZ wouldn't have been able to take off as much as it did without services like steam. I don't think it would have been easy for everyone that bought ARMA because of DayZ to have found a physical copy.
WedgeX
Livin' Like A King
(06-12-2012, 08:39 PM)
WedgeX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist

It's crazy that a 3 year old, $30 dollar game is the #1 selling game on steam... That's just crazy. I'm also convinced that DayZ wouldn't have been able to take off as much as it did without services like steam. I don't think it would have been easy for everyone that bought ARMA because of DayZ to have found a physical copy.

None exist at the stores by me.
mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 08:50 PM)
mik83kuu's Avatar
FYI: A new beta patch again: 93701. Nothing for DayZ though.
Anton668
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:01 PM)
Anton668's Avatar

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

thank fucking christ!

that shit almost cost me my life last night after the game decided that my character needed to suddenly start running sideways and wouldnt stop whilst in the middle of a town.
Last edited by Anton668; 06-12-2012 at 09:12 PM.
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:14 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar
DALLAS 19 IS PERMANENTLY LOCKED

Mik let me know someone claimed helis were on Dallas 19, so I hopped on the admin tool to keep an eye out. While trying to pry legit information from some trolls Mik started to flip out over Mumble. Tanks spawn on/around everyone on the server. Shut it down and locked it the minute it came back up.

Done with that piece of shit.

I'll be looking into a solution that will allow the majority of us to help moderate US 38/TX8. Not everyone is becoming an admin, but we do need something in place that we can shut the hacking down sooner rather than later.
WedgeX
Livin' Like A King
(06-12-2012, 09:16 PM)
WedgeX's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX

DALLAS 19 IS PERMANENTLY LOCKED

Mik let me know someone claimed helis were on Dallas 19, so I hopped on the admin tool to keep an eye out. While trying to pry legit information from some trolls Mik started to flip out over Mumble. Tanks spawn on/around everyone on the server. Shut it down and locked it the minute it came back up.

Done with that piece of shit.

Every single time we've gone there, to admin or otherwise, hackers have plagued us. Dat shit cray.

Good thing we've got US 38. Stalkers and well-executed raids against us are nothing compared to randomly spawning tanks, jets and helis.
wolfmat
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:19 PM)
wolfmat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist

It's crazy that a 3 year old, $30 dollar game is the #1 selling game on steam... That's just crazy. I'm also convinced that DayZ wouldn't have been able to take off as much as it did without services like steam. I don't think it would have been easy for everyone that bought ARMA because of DayZ to have found a physical copy.

Nonsense. Bohemia itself sells the game online: https://store.bistudio.com/

Everyone could do that.
Krappadizzle
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:20 PM)

Originally Posted by TheNiX



Edit: It's possible we might gain some performance boost out of forcing people to have client 93616+. What does everyone say?

I say yes. It's going to happen anyways, so we may as well be prepared so that when the next patch comes up we can avoid the inevitable thread posts that say,"why can't I join GAF server." As people should already know to have switched to the Beta patch.
blitzcloud
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:20 PM)
blitzcloud's Avatar
What do you mean with that last sentence?
WedgeX
Livin' Like A King
(06-12-2012, 09:20 PM)
WedgeX's Avatar

Originally Posted by wolfmat

Nonsense. Bohemia itself sells the game online: https://store.bistudio.com/

Everyone could do that.

"Services like steam." I'd infer that he means digital distribution in general, along with Steam specifically.
wolfmat
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:24 PM)
wolfmat's Avatar

Originally Posted by WedgeX

"Services like steam." I'd infer that he means digital distribution in general, along with Steam specifically.

You mean the internet then.

Digital distribution has been around since mid-90s. What sets Steam apart isn't the digital distribution technology in and of itself. It's unique insofar as it's a retail store on the internet because they pool brands. Apart from that, it's the deals and the chat features that make it great (and other tidbits).

None of that contributed much to the general availability of the game.
Krappadizzle
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by TheNiX

DALLAS 19 IS PERMANENTLY LOCKED

Mik let me know someone claimed helis were on Dallas 19, so I hopped on the admin tool to keep an eye out. While trying to pry legit information from some trolls Mik started to flip out over Mumble. Tanks spawn on/around everyone on the server. Shut it down and locked it the minute it came back up.

Done with that piece of shit.

I'll be looking into a solution that will allow the majority of us to help moderate US 38/TX8. Not everyone is becoming an admin, but we do need something in place that we can shut the hacking down sooner rather than later.

Is there a software tool or something that we can use to prevent the hacks? I know I've seen some questionable players, but I would hate to ban a player that seems to have legitimately worked hard for his gear, but some of the things I've seen in the last week or so don't seem to make much sense. I've seen people with silenced weapons and NVG's and Ghilie Suits way too frequently. I've run into these types of players within minutes of each other on our server on the same play through on the same night.
nekosaur
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:27 PM)
nekosaur's Avatar
Current changelog

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine

mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:32 PM)
mik83kuu's Avatar

Here's a .gif of me almost getting crushed by two tanks. Not heard in the gif: Me freaking out and a huge crash as the left tank spawns off screen.


This is AJ trying to suggest I give him road head.
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 09:33 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar

Originally Posted by blitzcloud

What do you mean with that last sentence?

Who or what are you talking about?... Willis.
ameratsu
Member
(06-12-2012, 09:48 PM)
ameratsu's Avatar
I was only subject to very blatant hacking once where some guy lit up elektro with an infinite ammo rpg. I wonder how prevalent it really is.
blitzcloud
Banned
(06-12-2012, 10:13 PM)
blitzcloud's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX

Who or what are you talking about?... Willis.

With you lol, I wasn't aware there were comments between. Should have quoted.

"Done with that piece of shit."

Sounded pretty definitive and about supporting dayz.
Game-Biz
Banned
(06-12-2012, 10:25 PM)
Game-Biz's Avatar
I died recently from a helicopter launching a rocket at me. I'm guessing that was a hack.
OrangeYouGlad
Banned
(06-12-2012, 10:47 PM)
OrangeYouGlad's Avatar

Originally Posted by blitzcloud

With you lol, I wasn't aware there were comments between. Should have quoted.

"Done with that piece of shit."

Sounded pretty definitive and about supporting dayz.

Oh, no, that's relating to Dallas 19. We have so little control over that server that it's frustrating any time someone complains because I can't do anything except for contact the host. Nice guy, but he's slow to do things and doesn't communicate anything.
BadTaste
Member
(06-12-2012, 10:49 PM)
BadTaste's Avatar
Found a crashed Huey with a Bizon PP19 SD, FN FAL and a DMR.

After looting what I could I ventured into the forest and found a small open area with 6 tents, 1 bicycle and 1 ATV. I checked the tents, all of them had stuff inside them, such as an M4, M16A2, and miscellaneous things.

I didn't have much room to carry anything so I just hopped onto the ATV and drove away, it was in perfect condition.

I reached the road between Chernogorsk and Elektro, and I decided to head towards Elektro, on the way there I noticed a player on the road too, he was running in the same direction as I was. I decided to stick to the road to keep momentum going... well the fucker took shots at me as I drove past him. I was swerving to try and avoid gunfire but he did hit me a couple of times, he only had a makerov so I wasn't hurt that much.. until I drove onto the railway and flipped the ATV, thus breaking my legs.

Luckily I had 1 stick of morphine left so I used it hastily then proceeded to kill the player with my Bizon since he was sprinting towards me..

I tried to flip the ATV back onto all fours but it was impossible, while I was doing that another makerov wielder approached me, and he immediately took shots at me from afar. I put him down after a few moments then I high tailed it out of there.

A minute later while I was en route to Elektro on foot, I heard an explosion behind me followed by "________ was killed" (same guy I killed just after flipping the ATV).

Laughed my ass off.
MickeyKnox
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:02 PM)
MickeyKnox's Avatar
200k unique players now, that's fucking mental.
abusori
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:37 PM)
abusori's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNiX

DALLAS 19 IS PERMANENTLY LOCKED

Mik let me know someone claimed helis were on Dallas 19, so I hopped on the admin tool to keep an eye out. While trying to pry legit information from some trolls Mik started to flip out over Mumble. Tanks spawn on/around everyone on the server. Shut it down and locked it the minute it came back up.

Done with that piece of shit.

I'll be looking into a solution that will allow the majority of us to help moderate US 38/TX8. Not everyone is becoming an admin, but we do need something in place that we can shut the hacking down sooner rather than later.

Feel free to give me admin powers~
Irish
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:38 PM)
Irish's Avatar

Originally Posted by MickeyKnox

200k unique players now, that's fucking mental.

and a quarter of them are still playing. That's what's really crazy.
abracadaver
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:44 PM)
abracadaver's Avatar
Can you heal broken legs somehow ?
mik83kuu
Banned
(06-12-2012, 11:44 PM)
mik83kuu's Avatar


Third ATV I've managed to flip since I got the first one late last week. Also did you know you can flatten a tent with an ATV?





Last edited by mik83kuu; 06-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Anton668
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:48 PM)
Anton668's Avatar

Originally Posted by abracadaver

Can you heal broken legs somehow ?

morphine
dionysus
Yaldog
(06-12-2012, 11:50 PM)
dionysus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krappadizzle

Is there a software tool or something that we can use to prevent the hacks? I know I've seen some questionable players, but I would hate to ban a player that seems to have legitimately worked hard for his gear, but some of the things I've seen in the last week or so don't seem to make much sense. I've seen people with silenced weapons and NVG's and Ghilie Suits way too frequently. I've run into these types of players within minutes of each other on our server on the same play through on the same night.

Couldn't they have just killed a hacker to get the gear?

Also, I haven't tried it but isn't persistant characters across servers an easy way to abuse the system. Find a good loot spot, and then just jump servers until you find exactly what you want.
wolfmat
Member
(06-12-2012, 11:52 PM)
wolfmat's Avatar
They could've also just found the gear.

Thread Tools