Originally Posted by Xdrive05
Questions about this mod:
1) How nomad friendly is it? (ie, if you don't already have a lot of PC gaming friends with arma ii, can you still easily jump in and group up with strangers?
2) is there a proximity/team voice chat, or do you have to use a 3rd party thing like steam/team speak/vent? (In which case not having friends with arma ii is a deal breaker)
3) is it too late to get started at this point? (ie, will newbs get griefed and killed by the myriad of experienced players out there)
Thanks in advance. :-)
1. Everyone spawns at a random point on the coast. The only time the game lets you know where you are is when you spawn (shows up bottom left). Then everyone in your group would have to physically make their way to where ever you'd want to meet up. You'd likely want to use an external map (for example open it in the Steam overlay and co-ordinate that way).
2. Yes there is direct chat in game up to a certain distance, but it doesn't work on certain patch combinations etc. It's something that needs fixing/is fixed. I don't really know because I haven't used it recently. You'd probably want a third party voice service anyway, or you'll have to co-ordinate using in-game chat which would be rather easy for some random guy to tag along and waste everyone.
3. I wouldn't say so. To some extent a guy with a Makarov can be just as deadly as a fully kitted out survivor. You'll easily survive for a while if you head in-land. Everyone spawns on the coast and that's where the two major cities are.
Edit: Here's the big ol' helpful map