• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Pranks That Will Spice Up Your Relationship Courtesy of Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

http://magazine.foxnews.com/love/10-pranks-will-spice-your-relationship

Amber Milt said:
No matter how great the chemistry, every relationship can get dull at times. What better way to spice things up than a playful prank?

We’re not talking about saran-wrapping the toilet; the best practical jokes are the ones that leave both parties laughing. Here are some clever pranks to keep him on his toes all day long:

1. Put a small piece of masking tape on the bottom of his mouse, making sure it covers the trackball or optical sensor. Watch as he struggles to read his e-mail — and don’t forget to write “Gotcha!” on the tape.

2. This is one of our favorites and it can translate into a number of situations. Ask your guy to go to the supermarket and give him a list of made up things like dehydrated water, sweet salt or a blunt knife. If he’s into fixing things, send him to the hardware store for a glass hammer or cement humidifier. For the sports guy, tell him to grab a box of curveballs and meet you in the park after work. Beware though, this could keep him tied up for a while.

3. If you're feeling silly, stuff tissues or newspaper into his shoes so that he can’t get his feet in. Write “SURPRISE!” on each one — he’ll see the message as he pulls them out.

4. Save an empty juice or Gatorade bottle (grape or cranberry works best) and fill it with water. Add a few drops of food coloring so the water becomes the color of whatever juice was originally in the bottle. When he goes to have a glass, watch his face as he takes a sip — he will be expecting something sweet and get a bland surprise instead!

5. If your guy is shy but has a good sense of humor, take a picture of the toilet in your bathroom, then plug your digital camera into a computer or TV and load the picture onto your screen. When he comes out of the bathroom, start laughing and pointing. He will see the picture and think you saw him in there!

6. The old sticker-on-the-back routine of the "Kick Me" variety is not very clever, and it’s certainly not nice — but it is pretty funny. Try “Hug Me” instead, and wait for him to come home and tell you about his bizarre office encounters.

7. An oldie but goodie: Superglue a coin to the floor and watch as he scratches away to pick it up.

8. We heard this and thought it was pretty cute, especially if you have kids! Add some sweet shenanigans to your day with a little fruity fun. Carefully poke some gummy worms into fresh fruit, like apples. Give your guy (or even your kids) a wormy apple for lunch and watch their face light up.

9. Put a spool of thread in your pocket and leave the tail hanging out. Then tell you guy that you’ve been trying to pull this sting but it won’t come off. Of course he’ll think he can save the day, but when he tries to pull it, it will go on and on and on! Reel him in for a kiss when he figures out the joke's on him.

10. Lastly, we’ve got a no-fail prank that anyone can do and it’s sure to get a laugh. Open a bedroom door slightly (or any door that you know he will walk through) and put a pillow at the top of it — when he opens the door the pillow will hit them on the head. Make up for your wily ways and offer to kiss his boo-boo!

Just remember, a harmless prank can certainly lead to some steamy activity underneath the sheets, but a cruel prank can turn him to ice. So remember to keep it fun for everyone!

This may or may not have been plagiarized from an AOL chain e-mail that circulated in 1997.

Derrick01

Banned
This may or may not have been plagiarized from an AOL chain e-mail that circulated in 1997.

The trackball kind of gives that away.

Also this is like some 1950s humor here. No surprise it's coming from a place that dreams it was still that era.

Seguin

Banned
Holy shit this would piss me off so much

And why would I be embarrassed if my girlfriend saw me in the bathroom?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is without a doubt some of the corniest shit I've ever read in my life. Especially the last one. The Andy Griffith show was more outlandish than those pranks.

Prax

What am I reading and why is all of this so lame. :|

AH I GET IT!

The article itself is a prank!

Leave this article open on his laptop! He'll think you've all gone back in time!

2. This is one of our favorites and it can translate into a number of situations. Ask your guy to go to the supermarket and give him a list of made up things like dehydrated water, sweet salt or a blunt knife. If he’s into fixing things, send him to the hardware store for a glass hammer or cement humidifier. For the sports guy, tell him to grab a box of curveballs and meet you in the park after work. Beware though, this could keep him tied up for a while.

Any guy who actually fell for this list for more than one second is not "relationship" material.

Az987

all good things
5. If your guy is shy but has a good sense of humor, take a picture of the toilet in your bathroom, then plug your digital camera into a computer or TV and load the picture onto your screen. When he comes out of the bathroom, start laughing and pointing. He will see the picture and think you saw him in there!

Oh snap!

You were watching me poo!? Fucks wrong with you.

"This isn't Gatorade, you fucking bitch!"

This is terribly lame.

image.php

Zekes!

Post a photo of what appears to be you receiving oral from another person on your spouse's Facebook wall

that's a good prank, right

masud

Banned
That tape thing will work on a modern mouse even with clear tape, we do it to people at work all the time.

DJ_Lae

I'm squirming and actually feel embarrassed just having read that shit.

I hope I never meet the person who wrote that or anyone who actually greenlighted it thinking it was funny.

"Just remember, a harmless prank can certainly lead to some steamy activity underneath the sheets,"

Nothing says sexy like a pillow falling off a door.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That tape thing will work on a modern mouse even with clear tape, we do it to people at work all the time.

Reminds me of all the computer lab pranks people use to do in high school. Like taking a screen capture and turning that image into the background.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"5. If your guy is shy but has a good sense of humor, take a picture of the toilet in your bathroom, then plug your digital camera into a computer or TV and load the picture onto your screen. When he comes out of the bathroom, start laughing and pointing. He will see the picture and think you saw him in there!"

I don't understand this one at all.

I'm going to do every prank on this list in one single day. I can't wait to reap the rewards of a happy, healthy relationship! Maybe she will even apologize for saying that marrying me was the biggest mistake of her life and it might convince her to stop havng sex with my best friend in our bed.

A few of these are just stupid, but on the whole, they are just a good idea for a way to leave little messages around the house or in places when you are not around for your significant other to remember you and smile.

Just write a message like "love you baby." Or something like that.
This is one of the best ways to keep your relationship strong.

Girls love stuff like that.

I got my girl a small pack of chocolates once and they had little twisted wrappers.
I asked her if I could try one and she said "yes" of course, and I kept the wrapper and had a pre-made love message twisted inside the wrapper.

At a moment when she wasn't looking, I dropped it into her purse.
At a later time when I wasn't around she eventually found the chocolate opened it and saw the message. Mailed me and was super happy.

These are the little things that keeps a relationship healthy.

Really, anything new and unexpected in a relationship will help keep things from feeling stale.

You guys are missing the point.

A few of these are just stupid, but on the whole, they are just a good idea for a way to leave little messages around the house or in places when you are not around for your significant other to remember you and smile.

Just write a message like "love you baby." Or something like that.
This is one of the best ways to keep your relationship strong.

Girls love stuff like that.

I got my girl a small pack of chocolates once and they had little twisted wrappers.
I asked her if I could try one and she said "yes" of course, and I kept the wrapper and had a pre-made love message twisted inside the wrapper.

At a moment when she wasn't looking, I dropped it into her purse.
At a later time when I wasn't around she eventually found the chocolate opened it and saw the message. Mailed me and was super happy.

These are the little things that keeps a relationship healthy.

Really, anything new and unexpected in a relationship will help keep things from feeling stale.

You guys are missing the point.
I do a lot of little things for my wife but I think having her come into the living room as I laugh and pretend I just watched her shitting is not going to make her happy.

Azar

This shit is hilarious. If there was a competition for Extreme Milquetoasting Amber Milt would be the fucking champ.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm going to do every prank on this list in one single day. I can't wait to reap the rewards of a happy, healthy relationship! Maybe she will even apologize for saying that marrying me was the biggest mistake of her life and it might convince her to stop havng sex with my best friend in our bed.
Getting impregnated by your best friend is another prank option. It's quite the knee slapper.

Valnen

Just remember, a harmless prank can certainly lead to some steamy activity underneath the sheets
Or you could you know, just wait at home naked for when he gets home from work or something.

Edit: OH LORD, read the comments on the article...That is apparently Fox's audience.

I can't really explain this, but for some reason, reading that list actually pissed me off. It made me uncomfortable and eventually literally angry.

This is so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom