• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I would at least pay for that book if that came to the states intact.

KJDHFKDSJH

Second page delivers. BOUGHT BOUGHT BOUGHT.

zroid

Banned
Confirmed coming to America January 22

https://twitter.com/jimreilly/statuses/218841904584986624

4qdV2.jpg

*faints*

I hope the namco store puts the money back in my account swiftly...

I hate when they say they charge when it ships, yet they still take the money out of the account when the order is placed.

JohngPR

Came out to $119 as well for me with tax.

Now I have 6 months to save up money to make up for how much more I'm paying for this game now!

:p

Lucent

I'd like to know this as well. Went ahead and preordered in the meantime. Ended up costing $119 with tax and two day shipping.

Really? I just pre-ordered it on the US site, too, and it only cost me $11.87 for two day shipping for a total of $111.86. I guess you live further away or something. =/

But yeah, I'm excited for this. I was hope'n they'd translate that book. Most pre-order items suck and are the same thing over and over, but this looks a hell of a lot better.

Really? I just pre-ordered it on the US site, too, and it only cost me $11.87 for two day shipping for a total of $111.86. I guess you live further away or something. =/

But yeah, I'm excited for this. I was hope'n they'd translate that book. Most pre-order items suck and are the same thing over and over, but this looks a hell of a lot better.

Sales tax for NC residents.....

Lucent

I figure it's cheaper than it would have been if I had to import it from Europe. :)

lol very true. I'm glad we don't have to now and that they announced that so quickly after the EU version. Would've been annoying if I reserved that, THEN saw the US announcement and had to cancel the EU version. lol.

I think the book looks amazingly well made. The plush could look better, but I'm not exactly getting it for that. And I dunno about these gold familiars. Seems like they're gonna look like moving trophies. lol. I like that we're getting the version with all the DLC and stuff (right?) so it's gonna be an even better game when it gets here.

zroid

Banned
Pretty sad that I'm forced to import something from Europe when it's readily available to people who are a 2 hour drive away.

Damn their authorizing method. I don't use credit cards for anything, so I'll gave to wait another week before ordering so the funds will be in my debit card account.

Hmm, I hope my order goes through.

I used to live in the US for a few years, so I used that address for billing, and I have a friend who lives in Seattle and I used his address for shipping. My credit card on the other hand, is not US based. I received a confirmation for my order in my email, so I'm hopeful that it'll be processed, but who knows?

If they do offer it in Canada (through EB or some other retailer), great and all, but if not, this is a ridiculous way to order a game for someone outside of the US.

zroid

Banned
+1 for DCC

Hmm, I hope my order goes through.

I used to live in the US for a few years, so I used that address for billing, and I have a friend who lives in Seattle and I used his address for shipping. My credit card on the other hand, is not US based. I received a confirmation for my order in my email, so I'm hopeful that it'll be processed, but who knows?

If they do offer it in Canada (through EB or some other retailer), great and all, but if not, this is a ridiculous way to order a game for someone outside of the US.

I think you should be okay. It's not like they have a problem with Canadians getting the game, they just don't want to ship it to us. I doubt there are any legal reasons for the exclusivity, Namco are just being jerks.

RPGCrazied

$40 for a plushie and artbook? I think the normal edition will have to do it for me this time. :) I'm about to spend $200+ on the 3DS XL in August. My wallet am cry. :I

Fuuuuu.... transferred funds from savings to get my order in. Their TOS does say that they reserve the right authorize your payment, but don't actually charge until shipping occurs.

And a $3.20 difference between standard shipping and two day shipping. Ugh... why can't this be on Amazon.

Takao

Banned
When a poorly run company meets a company who makes bad games something special will happen.

Namco Bandai x Level-5
The Fate of JRPGS

Top Bottom