• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

wow

sly cooper stage
jaSQ7.png

is this real ?

It would be pretty impressive for a leak honestly, but I'm waiting for bigger stuff. Full pic of the Ape Escape stage and the "Bioshock Infinite" one.

The stages are very convincing, especially these new ones popping up. What's the source on those? However, the characters are mostly "nope" just looking at them. It looks like a dream roster that someone put together. Either that, or it is the roster but it is including alternate costumes maybe? Jak and Heihachi have different models than the ones shown in that image, too.

The Sly stage is convincing but the Loco Roco stage looks completely out of place with the game's style. Unless they're willing to sacrifice it for one stage which wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

KevinCow

Banned
The stages are starting to look pretty legit. But that roster... I dunno. With the characters we already know, that only brings the total up to 20. And no Crash. :(

SmithnCo

The Sly stage is convincing but the Loco Roco stage looks completely out of place with the game's style. Unless they're willing to sacrifice it for one stage which wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

Well, the Patapon and Parappa stuff is all in its original style.

It looks like it's based on the 2009 Raiden render but his face is at a different angle. All the artwork looks like it fits in with a cohesive style for the headshots and we've already got two clear pictures of the stages that have been leaked, LocoRoco and the Sly Stage.

I'm thinking it's definitely legit, but it may not be the complete remaining lineup.

Well, the Patapon and Parappa stuff is all in its original style.

The thing is that those two stages both look like they were made for PlayStation All Stars but are inspired by the franchises.

Where as the Loco Roco stage looks like the graphics are ripped straight out of Loco Roco.

Takao

Banned
I'm okay with Evil Cole and it makes sense given the Cole we've seen so far only has good and ice powers. Dante would have been an amazing inclusion if it wasn't shitty DmC Dante, and Raiden is good but Snake better also be in.

There's no way to know if this makes it the full roster either.

jaSQ7.png

Another update and it's a Sly stage. This has to be legit.

I'm against Evil Cole because even in that leak, there's only 1 character from each franchise. I don't particularly find Cole's design good looking either. He's your typical 30 something shaved head hero and it would pain me to see him get 2 slots when characters like Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank are confined to one slot despite being very different characters with different abilities and play styles.

The thing is that those two stages both look like they were made for PlayStation All Stars but are inspired by the franchises.

Where as the Loco Roco stage looks like the graphics are ripped straight out of Loco Roco.

Yeah, but Smash has stages like that, the Super Mario Bros. stages for example. If they were gonna do a LocoRoco level, that's exactly how it should look.

SmithnCo

That is a good point. It looks totally 2D.

Boss Man

Stages look fantastic, Evil Cole ruins the character list. New Dante doesn't go down too well either. Would rather not have him at all TBH.

You know... All these look drawn... Could these just be concept pictures?

They look like the character headshots used for the in-game HUD.

There are definitely a lot of characters I'd love to see in and think would be better picks than what we've gotten so far, but as we get closer to release I think people may need to come to terms with the fact that the roster won't be everything we are hoping and dreaming for. It's impossible to live up to the expectations, I think.

Zabuza

Banned
I hate to say it, but it does make sense to have Evil Cole in the game.

That character pic with the faces looks fake. Or is that not in the game? Is it just a pic of characters in the game?

Loudninja

Like I said several things we are messing things Paul gate said are in.

Also why would Raiden be in instead of Snake when Eric said he was working with David Hayter?

Boss Man

I still can't get over Evil Cole. That's so lame.

Mink called it. >.>

Kind of hoping this is fake for a couple of those characters.

Yeah, but Smash has stages like that, the Super Mario Bros. stages for example. If they were gonna do a LocoRoco level, that's exactly how it should look.

The difference is that the Super Mario Bros. stages are actually 3D at the same time despite using graphics from the original you can tell that the level isn't the Original Mario Bros. The same can be said for the level in the original and in Melee.

For an example of the recent Mario Bros stage from Brawl:

MarioBros_Stage.jpg

Where as this literally looks like something taken out of Loco Roco:

PdS0W.png

It could work, don't get me wrong. It just seems out of place when compared to every other stage in the game based around a property including Patapon's.

The difference is that the Super Mario Bros. stages are actually 3D at the same time despite using graphics from the original you can tell that the level isn't the Original Mario Bros. The same can be said for the level in the original and in Melee.

For an example of the recent Mario Bros stage from Brawl:

MarioBros_Stage.jpg

Where as this literally looks like something taken out of Loco Roco:

PdS0W.png

It could work, don't get me wrong. It just seems out of place when compared to every other stage in the game based around a property including Patapon's.

Yeah, but that LocoRoco stage could be easily done in a 3D engine, especially on a PS3. They could also keep the camera locked at a certain angle (i.e., basically turn the game into a 2D platformer) in order to keep it faithful to the LocoRoco inspiration.

I definitely see where you're coming from. But a LocoRoco stage makes sense and the Paris stage looks extremely legit.

V_Ben

Banned
That picture of characters is missing ones we already know are in the damn game. Also, I can't believe Superbot would really put 2 Coles in. Perhaps this Beta is from an earlier build, and some of the images are either placeholder or things that were cut.

LuuKyK

Can someone post that photo of a PC on the Superbot website? The one they zoomed in on the PC and apparently had a stage in it? We could compare to the ones in the leak.

Why does it make sense?

Because each characters (in the story mode) has a rival. And the two Coles have different powers. (Ice, Fire, etc...)

Loudninja

That picture of characters is missing ones we already know are in the damn game. Also, I can't believe Superbot would really put 2 Coles in. Perhaps this Beta is from an earlier build, and some of the images are either placeholder or things that were cut.
We don't even have a damn source.

Mr. Fix

Why would it show portraits that aren't in-game? These are all photos taken from the internet. The sly stage does seem believable though.

Boss Man

We don't even have two characters from one franchise, having the same (generic looking) character twice is terrible.

I like inFamous, I like Cole, but having him twice in this game really detracts from the entire list for me.

The stages are great looking, I love the LocoRoco one. They seem totally legit, unless some very bored and very talented troll had a day off.

The roster (combined with everything already revealed) is very solid with a couple of missing things that will hopefully be added in DLC. That part seems less legit than the stages, though.

Yeah, but that LocoRoco stage could be easily done in a 3D engine, especially on a PS3. They could also keep the camera locked at a certain angle (i.e., basically turn the game into a 2D platformer) in order to keep it faithful to the LocoRoco inspiration.

That could actually work pretty well thinking about it. I think the biggest problem that would cause this is that I have no clue how you'd go about having a 3D Loco Roco stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom