• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post that photo of a PC on the Superbot website? The one they zoomed in on the PC and apparently had a stage in it? We could compare to the ones in the leak.

Because each characters (in the story mode) has a rival. And the two Coles have different powers. (Ice, Fire, etc...)

7W95U.jpg

It resembles the third stage on the top row.

Why have Cole in the game with just good powers? It's stupid as hell but yeah. Should be a skin.

I don't really think that's how they should represent Cole at all. He's a character that has two extremely different visual styles, abilities, and personalities in the game he comes from. I think to properly have Cole in a game like this you need both Good and Evil Cole to be separate playable characters.

I'm okay with all of this except for DINO if it's legit, and wouldn't be surprised or upset if this was incomplete or some of this is old and has since been scrapped.

WinFonda

It's possible those were characters the person receiving the leaked stage pics was told were going to be in the game, and so he just added the portraits to the pic like that. The stages seem like pretty decent ideas. Evil Cole makes it really hard to believe though.

Perhaps Evil Cole doesn't take up an additional character slot, but he's a more significant alt costume? Like his skills get changed a bit, or only cosmetically...

Zabuza

Banned
I don't really think that's how they should represent Cole at all. He's a character that has two extremely different visual styles, abilities, and personalities in the game he comes from. I think to properly have Cole in a game like this you need both Good and Evil Cole to be separate playable characters.

But they'd still be very similar and still the same character. We need more variety and having a clone or semi clone in the game is bullshit.

But Good Cole is just called Cole. Would they really call him Evil Cole? Maybe Kessler....

Where are these supposed to be from?

I say this is all fake...

k_Reign

EDIT: I think I may stay away from this whole "leak" business. I just want to see the characters and stages when they are announced. I still think that the characters look more like a dream roster that someone's made than anything.

Perhaps we can match the character portraits with other images on the Internet. This will help give or take away the credibility of the image.

There are some differences between the two Ape Escape images.

SSReborn

The Evil Cole thing does actually make sense to me seeing as Good Coles missing what I think is his most iconic move when he calls down the lightning strikes and I was wondering why they didn't use that.

edit: Yeah I don't get the point of putting watermarks all over it that doesn't make any sense makes it seem very fake but the Sly stage really can't recall anything like that in the games..

The Evil Cole thing does actually make sense to me seeing as Good Coles missing what I think is his most iconic move when he calls down the lightning strikes and I was wondering why they didn't use that.

Yeah, Good Cole gets the Ice Spikes and Vortex for lv2 and 3, Evil Cole would get a Nyx power for level 2 and the Lightning Storm for level 3.

tribal24

Banned
hmm seeing that cole and nathan hale look alike maybe that can be a chimeran nathan hale? I don't know i just don't want evil cole taking a spot, it would suck.

Takao

Banned
Honestly I'd feel a lot better if only Evil Cole wasn't there. It kind of shits on the whole thing.

It really does because there's no justification for it. He's already represented. It's a spot that could've gone to a series that didn't.

I do understand and I'm all for MGR Raiden in the game. But I'm a huge MGS fan so you can understand where I'm coming from right?

You can also understand why Konami may only be lending out Raiden to try to build up more interest prior to Rising's release, right? Snake isn't foreign to these crossover brawlers, but to be honest with you Raiden probably would offer more to the game in terms of moves than Snake.

Takao

Banned
Oh, that would make more sense.

Still an awful choice. Resistance is dead and buried and there's nothing I can see that character offering that isn't already covered by someone else. The fact he can also be easily confused for another roster character makes matters even worse.

SmithnCo

lol right.

WHY ISN'T HE POSTING THEM

Still an awful choice. Resistance is dead and buried and there's nothing I can see that character offering that isn't already covered by someone else. The fact he can also be easily confused for another roster character makes matters even worse.

The fact that we could confuse him for evil Cole is indeed hilarious. Not a great pick if he is in, IMO.

Boss Man

Yeah, we've actually talked quite a bit about how good of a fit Raiden would be. I'm not sure that people were totally willing to give up Snake for it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world because Raiden could be a really cool character for this.

Neo Dante and Evil Cole on the other hand, no.

evolution

I don't mind neo Dante being in the game, but he should just be an alternate skin that you select when picking your character. The same goes for cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom