• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about the best mecha show... that is, fucking INVINCIBLE DAITARN 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
title_Nepobedimyjj_stal%27nojj_chelovek_Dajjtarn_3_Muteki_Kojin_Daitarn_3_7497_568.jpg

muteki-koujin-daitarn-3-ep-39-wmv_snapshot_11-45_2010-10-03_14-43-56.jpg

Daitarn33.jpg
1346319-daitarn3_large.jpg

You wanna know why?

The pilot
It's Banjo Haran. No, he isn't a smelly hobo with horrible fashion sense. He isn't an idiot hot-blood. He's a fucking suave rich boy who lives in a mansion saving the world from Meganoids with the help of his butler, and then banging two chicks.

Yes, he's Batman before Roger Smith from Big-O came into picture while borrowing elements from James Bond. He drives in a fucking suit before heading into his mecha! Also Italians love him.

The mecha
He has fucking fans that he uses as a shield, and he uses the fucking sun for attacking you. Screw drills, he's gonna Daitarn Crash you into oblivion! Also it's huge. It also has a mouth and can become an artillery tank or a bomber plane.

The show is really great, with it being funny while at the same time having a solid story. The characters, especially Banjo and his two girls, are very interesting and have wacky hijinks.

It also has an awesome opening theme song sung by a manly singer. Oh and fucking SUN ATTACK!

It's fully subbed btw.

Narag

Watching this currently. I adored it when it embraces the silly over-the-top stuff but when it's played straight, it's kinda boring. So far I've been entertained more often than not so that's a plus.

It's ugly as sin sometimes though:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Narag

Stuff like that are common in old shows. It's not like modern anime techniques are immune from it.

I think the episode that was from was like that throughout. It's really really inconsistent early on especially when you have Kanada key animation in two episodes so it really runs the gamut from amazing to terrible.

Banjo's still the man though and the show has this great charm even when it does get a big ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom