• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(08-13-2012, 03:48 AM)
http://foodbeast.com/content/2012/08...-egg-meat-pie/

Breakfast in a pie. Is there really anything else that needs to be said?

Marie Callenderís frozen food products is now serving the new flavor of pie at most Walmart stores. Containing: Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and just a bit of gravy all wrapped up in a golden flaky pie crust; this frozen delight is packed with 810 calories of pure breakfast goodness.

All you have to do is nuke em, maybe throw a little Sriracha on top, and chow down before heading out the door. Or maybe itís date night and sheís sick of the pizza or pasta that you always make her. Boom! Breakfast Pie.

Fracas
(08-13-2012, 03:51 AM)
That looks absolutely terrible.

That said, I pretty much have to try it.
Spike Spiegel
the things I do for money
I'll never understand
the world is just a marble
in the palm of my hand
(08-13-2012, 03:53 AM)
GREY MEAT
Devolution
Banned
(08-13-2012, 03:55 AM)
Frozen Pot Pies are pretty good. That being said pot pies and quiches aren't exactly difficult endeavors.
Parallax
best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Marie callenders food isn't appealing at the restaurant. Why would I buy something from them in frozen form?
mj1108
So who's going to be the guinea pig and try one?
DY_nasty
#notmine
Marie Callender makes some of the best damned frozen pot pies ever

I will buy 20 of these just to be safe
I3rand0
Didn't they file for bankruptcy not too long ago?
Alucrid
every time i eat a frozen pot pie it turns out to be terrible
Bombadil
Banned
(08-13-2012, 03:56 AM)
Too much sodium.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(08-13-2012, 03:59 AM)
My mind's telling me no, but my body, my body is telling me yes.
Devolution
Banned
(08-13-2012, 04:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Parallax

Marie callenders food isn't appealing at the restaurant. Why would I buy something from them in frozen form?

They have restaurants? I thought it was just a frozen dinner thing. Heh. It's like how everyone talks up Cheesecake Factory. For the price I could just go to a real restaurant.
Trouble
(08-13-2012, 04:01 AM)
I can't eat frozen pot pies any more. The Whole Foods near me has fresh take&bake pot pies some times. They are pricey compared to frozen, but exactly 10,000% better.
Parallax
(08-13-2012, 04:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Devolution

They have restaurants? I thought it was just a frozen dinner thing. Heh. It's like how everyone talks up Cheesecake Factory. For the price I could just go to a real restaurant.

Yeah. And all the ones I have been to sucked ass. the employees were curteous, but the food sucked ass everytime.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(08-13-2012, 04:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Devolution

yes. THey are basically like Denny's, only you pay 50% more for everything, and they aren't open 24 hours so you lose the novelty of being able to go in when you are drunk as shit and have pancakes. I don't think I need to explain why they are filing for bankrupcy.
_Isaac
(08-13-2012, 04:08 AM)
That looks delicious.
XiaNaphryz
(08-13-2012, 04:08 AM)

Yeah. And all the ones I have been to sucked ass. the employees were curteous, but the food sucked ass everytime.

The only thing worth ordering at the restaurants are the pies. Pot pies included. Their frozen ones aren't as good, but are still pretty great in terms of microwavable frozen food options.
_Isaac
(08-13-2012, 04:09 AM)

It comes off as an old people restaurant to me.
Valnen
(08-13-2012, 04:09 AM)

You must have ridiculous standards or something, because when I went the food was pretty good. Better than low tier restaurants like Denny's and the like.
Parallax
(08-13-2012, 04:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Valnen

You must have ridiculous standards or something, because when I went the food was pretty good. Better than low tier restaurants like Denny's and the like.

Id much rather eat at a dennys, or a local diner than marie callenders. The food isn't good.
foxdvd
(08-13-2012, 04:19 AM)
I saw these in the store....wish they had one without pork...but my guess is it will be very salty and the eggs will be the weak part...
SatelliteOfLove
(08-13-2012, 04:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Bombadil

Too much sodium.

In other words: Marie Callenders.
itwasTuesday
(08-13-2012, 04:32 AM)
Sounds like a solid plan to try this in the coming days.
jett
(08-13-2012, 04:41 AM)
frozen food is just ugh.
coldvein
Banned
(08-13-2012, 04:44 AM)
my mom kept the freezer stocked with marie callendars pot pies at all times. love them shitz. will try this one day.
Kesagiri
(08-13-2012, 04:54 AM)
It kinda looks like vomit in a crust. Seriously, would it kill them to put in a few veggies?

It's a restaurant? News to me.
XiaNaphryz
(08-13-2012, 03:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Kesagiri

It kinda looks like vomit in a crust. Seriously, would it kill them to put in a few veggies?

Most breakfasts don't really have a lot of veggies, which is likely why they didn't bother. Their other pot pies have veggies.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(08-13-2012, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by DY_nasty

Marie Callender makes some of the best damned frozen pot pies ever

I will buy 20 of these just to be safe

Their chicken pot pies are DELICIOUS.

Don't know about this one though.