• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Boney
Sucking and blowing™
(08-28-2012, 11:43 PM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

i'm adamant? dude you're basically starting a fire because the CC controllers don't have clickable sticks. the same whining and crying that went on that made Nintendo change the default Wii U controllers (primarily the Gamepad because we knew nothing of the Pro Controller at the time) to have clickable sticks. but you're right, why am i even responding to you. it's obvious you didn't get enough attention when you were a child

in the meantime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiZmpwtkqw

I'm only seeing you crying about it
Stoof
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:44 PM)
Stoof's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

i'm adamant? dude you're basically starting a fire because the CC controllers don't have clickable sticks. the same whining and crying that went on that made Nintendo change the default Wii U controllers (primarily the Gamepad because we knew nothing of the Pro Controller at the time) to have clickable sticks. but you're right, why am i even responding to you. it's obvious you didn't get enough attention when you were a child

in the meantime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiZmpwtkqw

From my point of view you seem to be the only one getting all defensive about something silly...
KennyLinder
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:44 PM)
KennyLinder's Avatar
Is that Kirby Collection coming out in Europe?
Mihael Mello Keehl
(08-28-2012, 11:44 PM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

i'm adamant? dude you're basically starting a fire because the CC controllers don't have clickable sticks. the same whining and crying that went on that made Nintendo change the default Wii U controllers (primarily the Gamepad because we knew nothing of the Pro Controller at the time) to have clickable sticks. but you're right, why am i even responding to you. it's obvious you didn't get enough attention when you were a child

in the meantime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiZmpwtkqw

Funniest most clueless matter of post in minuets..my god lol
Moz La Punk
Hallo ich bin Karl.
Ich fixe deine Kabel.
(08-28-2012, 11:44 PM)
Moz La Punk's Avatar
Fact is that Im so used to playing Call of Duty with clickable sticks. Its how I freaking run in this game! So there is a point in this discussion yeah. How are you going to compete against other players online if you cant run, hah. Wouldnt make sense.
Earendil
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:45 PM)
Earendil's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

(and btw, i much prefer Westwood than Blizzard for RTS, nah ! :p)

You and I can no longer be friends.
GDGF
Soothsayer
(08-28-2012, 11:45 PM)
GDGF's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

this is how you see that the bad news and/or the first new always get more attention. the 30min delay thing got heard by everyone but hardly anyone noticed that they then cleared this up and said that it refers to flagged messages.

ALL YOUR MESSAGES WILL GO THROUGH IMMEDIATELY!

There will be options to flag questionable messages which will THEN be reviewed by Nintendo staff.

This is fucking great news. I thought Nintendo had gone crazy for a sec.
Spieler Eins
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:47 PM)
Spieler Eins's Avatar

Originally Posted by KennyLinder

Is that Kirby Collection coming out in Europe?

Not yet announced. No EU Direct tomorrow doesn't make me hopeful though.
Hoodbury
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:49 PM)
Hoodbury's Avatar

Originally Posted by GDGF

This is fucking great news. I thought Nintendo had gone crazy for a sec.

Don't worry, they still have.
D-e-f-
Banned
(08-28-2012, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Spieler Eins

Not yet announced. No EU Direct tomorrow doesn't make me hopeful though.

Yea the lack of Kirby's Anniversary Collection is baffling. I might have even bought the thing because I never really played a Kirby game for more than 5 minutes outside of Epic Yarn.

Originally Posted by Hoodbury

Don't worry, they still have.

And that's probably why we love them so inappropriately :)
VAPitts
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:53 PM)
VAPitts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boney

I'm only seeing you crying about it

Originally Posted by Stoof

From my point of view you seem to be the only one getting all defensive about something silly...

TWINS!!! how cute

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

Funniest most clueless matter of post in minuets..my god lol

oh his second Yesman, please to meet you
Nostremitus
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:54 PM)
Nostremitus's Avatar
OK so we know the The Avengers is coming out for Kinect and WiiU. Do you think that the Wiiu will mimic kinect controls using wiimote+ and nun chuck alongside the game pad camera while its sitting in it's dock?
Gucci Messiah
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:54 PM)
Gucci Messiah's Avatar

Originally Posted by coldfoot

People with HDTV's vastly outnumber people without HDTV's and it'll be even more skewed as time goes on. This move would be good for Nintendo's finances, which aren't doing too hot. I hope PS4/720 do the same thing.

Bullshit, way more people have SDTV's than HDTV's still.
chertipros
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:56 PM)
chertipros's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

see here:

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation
DeviousAngel
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:57 PM)
DeviousAngel's Avatar
C'mon guys, let's not fight over something so silly. I'm sad now :'(

Let's think of rainbows, unicorns and... WiiU HYPE!!! WEEEEEE!!!
Spieler Eins
Member
(08-28-2012, 11:57 PM)
Spieler Eins's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

Yea the lack of Kirby's Anniversary Collection is baffling. I might have even bought the thing because I never really played a Kirby game for more than 5 minutes outside of Epic Yarn.

Apparantly Kirby sells like shit in EU. I would have bought the collection, looks really neat, but at least its just a minor loss compared to what else has missed the US on the other hand.
D-e-f-
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Spieler Eins

Apparantly Kirby sells like shit in EU. I would have bought the collection, looks really neat, but at least its just a minor loss compared to what else has missed the US on the other hand.

I might still import it for the fancy box, soundtrack and virtual Kirby museum. But they might also pull an Epic Yarn and put it out next February lol.

Originally Posted by chertipros

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation

You're most welcome!

Originally Posted by MCXC Pioneer

Bullshit, way more people have SDTV's than HDTV's still.

Yea, more people need to protect themselves ... these SDTVs are really nasty business I hear...

USE PROTECTION!
Sadist
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:02 AM)
Sadist's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

Yea the lack of Kirby's Anniversary Collection is baffling. I might have even bought the thing because I never really played a Kirby game for more than 5 minutes outside of Epic Yarn.

It's not. NoE hates Kirby. The majority of Kirby games released 4-6 months after the US launch.

Epic Yarn was out in October 2011? We got it in February.
Teletraan1
fuck those devs
cuz I'm down for my devs
(08-29-2012, 12:03 AM)
Teletraan1's Avatar

Originally Posted by MadeInBeats

Jesus, none of you lot not got optical out on your TVs? Come on, get with the times!!

My Stereo has been perfectly fine for every other device up until this one. When I plug a HDMI into my TV using 6 channel PCM the best my TV is going to output via the optical out or the speakers on the TV is 2.0 stereo to my receiver so essentially I am never going to get higher than 2.0 stereo without another purchase unless there is a dongle. Which was my original question before everyone decided to jump in with suggestions on how this would be done or called out as a dirty poor for not upgrading something that wasn't worth upgrading until this very point in time. (and still isnt because I have no idea how cheap Nintendo is on even supporting proper audio codecs.) If and when the next round of game systems/bluray players/cable boxes/computers don't offer any other alternative to HDMI for sound as they currently do I will gladly upgrade.

I know that even the cheapest new receiver has HDMI. I would have just liked to not have to make an "upgrade" to something that will probably be overall worse than my current receiver but has this functionality.

Again this whole point of concern is moot if there is a dongle that allows for optical out. So I will wait for news on a dongle before I even decide to purchase this as the launch line up looks like barf anyway.
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:04 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by big_erk

OK, but what would the multiplier be in relation to a TI99/4A?

I kid, I kid. Thanks.


Surprisingly, only 6x TI99/4A cos, you know, not enough shaders and the wrong type of RAM.

When will they learn.


srsly though, I'm liking bg's "assymetric" (see what I did there) CPU core theory. I remember someone on b3D mentioned a similar idea and it sounded highly plausible and very Nintendo like.
Boney
Sucking and blowing™
(08-29-2012, 12:04 AM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

TWINS!!! how cute



oh his second Yesman, please to meet you

stop being childish
Smurfman256
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:08 AM)
Smurfman256's Avatar
Hey...I don't know if anyone has posted this already (it is rather old, but just recently dug up), but for IBM's Watson Twitter feed, they posted thishttp://twitter.com/IBMWatson/status/78473693843562498. So. CPU confirmed. Now all we need to know is what the GPU, RAM and storage are (recent rumors have suggested a variation of the e6760, which seems reasonable).
big_erk
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:10 AM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by MCXC Pioneer

Bullshit, way more people have SDTV's than HDTV's still.

Not according to this research report. Not in the U.S. at least. I would imagine Japan is even higher.
http://www.leichtmanresearch.com/res...tes12_2011.pdf

New consumer research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. (LRG) found that 69% of households in the United States have at least one high definition television (HDTV) set.

IdeaMan
My source is my ass!
(08-29-2012, 12:11 AM)
IdeaMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Lump

Surprisingly, only 6x TI99/4A cos, you know, not enough shaders and the wrong type of RAM.

When will they learn.


srsly though, I'm liking bg's "assymetric" (see what I did there) CPU core theory. I remember someone on b3D mentioned a similar idea and it sounded highly plausible and very Nintendo like.

asymmetric gameplay, asymmetric CPU, asymmetric screens setup, asymmetric flash storage (512 for OS/8GB for the rest), asymmetric shape, asymmetric gamepad's buttons layout...

They should have called it "Asiimiitrii"
D-e-f-
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

asymmetric gameplay, asymmetric CPU, asymmetric screens setup, asymmetric flash storage (512 for OS/8GB for the rest), asymmetric shape, asymmetric gamepad's buttons layout...

They should have called it "Asiimiitrii"

Sounds too Greek to me.

:D
VAPitts
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:14 AM)
VAPitts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boney

stop being childish

ok in all seriousness, why am i being looked down upon for speaking against something that has been going on for several pages and has 0 evidence of being true?
Boney
Sucking and blowing™
(08-29-2012, 12:14 AM)
Boney's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

asymmetric gameplay, asymmetric CPU, asymmetric screens setup, asymmetric flash storage (512 for OS/8GB for the rest), asymmetric shape, asymmetric gamepad's buttons layout...

They should have called it "Asiimiitrii"

Obviously Wii U is just a social commentary about the expert system and capitalism

Originally Posted by VAPitts

ok in all seriousness, why am i being looked down upon for speaking against something that has been going on for several pages and has 0 evidence of being true?

Because you're being way rude about a completely plausible explanation.
onilink88
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:15 AM)
onilink88's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smurfman256

Now all we need to know is what the GPU, RAM and storage are (recent rumors have suggested a variation of the e6760, which seems reasonable).

Modified R700 that would share similarities with the e6760 would be more accurate.
big_erk
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:16 AM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

asymmetric gameplay, asymmetric CPU, asymmetric screens setup, asymmetric flash storage (512 for OS/8GB for the rest), asymmetric shape, asymmetric gamepad's buttons layout...

They should have called it "Asiimiitrii"

Too Eastern European.
Smurfman256
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:18 AM)
Smurfman256's Avatar

Originally Posted by onilink88

Modified R700 that would share similarities with the e6760 would be more accurate.

wouldn't it be a smarter idea to star off with an e6760 as a base model since it already has ludicrously low power draw, and THEN add features and modifications?
Nostremitus
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:20 AM)
Nostremitus's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

ok in all seriousness, why am i being looked down upon for speaking against something that has been going on for several pages and has 0 evidence of being true?

As an outside observer it looks like you are just here to argue... He raised a valid point concerning controller layout and you attacked him for it. I can't follow any logic in your ramblings other than to act out and get attention... I would assume that is why.


On Topic:

I really hope Epic Yarn gets a WiiU sequel. Eshop would be good enough for me.
MadeInBeats
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Teletraan1

My Stereo has been perfectly fine for every other device up until this one. When I plug a HDMI into my TV using 6 channel PCM the best my TV is going to output via the optical out or the speakers on the TV is 2.0 stereo to my receiver so essentially I am never going to get higher than 2.0 stereo without another purchase unless there is a dongle. Which was my original question before everyone decided to jump in with suggestions on how this would be done or called out as a dirty poor for not upgrading something that wasn't worth upgrading until this very point in time. (and still isnt because I have no idea how cheap Nintendo is on even supporting proper audio codecs.) If and when the next round of game systems/bluray players/cable boxes/computers don't offer any other alternative to HDMI for sound as they currently do I will gladly upgrade.

I know that even the cheapest new receiver has HDMI. I would have just liked to not have to make an "upgrade" to something that will probably be overall worse than my current receiver but has this functionality.

Again this whole point of concern is moot if there is a dongle that allows for optical out. So I will wait for news on a dongle before I even decide to purchase this as the launch line up looks like barf anyway.

How many PS360 games sport 5.1 sound?

@Ideaman, have you heard anything regarding sound on WiiU games?

Fact that Nintendo support Netflix and other services, which have 5.1 sound, I agree that despite what sound WiiU games support, they need to offer different options for users to throughput their sound, like you say, with a dongle.
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:26 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

asymmetric gameplay, asymmetric CPU, asymmetric screens setup, asymmetric flash storage (512 for OS/8GB for the rest), asymmetric shape, asymmetric gamepad's buttons layout...

They should have called it "Asiimiitrii"

It's all falling into place now.... mind = blown :O

Originally Posted by VAPitts

ok in all seriousness, why am i being looked down upon for speaking against something that has been going on for several pages and has 0 evidence of being true?

Well to be fair you did seem to go straight off at the deep end dude. You were just given a pretty straight forward explanation and it seems to have wound you up. Maybe you misinterpreted? (or maybe I have?) But I think
what D-E-F was saying was that the Cc/Cc Pro cannot work with EVERY Wii U game as some will use the two extra button inputs which the Wii U Pro controller and GamePad utilise. That figures. Of course those which don't use any additional inputs to those provided on either the CC or the CC Pro, will likely support said CC/CC Pro controllers. Also figures.
KennyLinder
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:29 AM)
KennyLinder's Avatar

Originally Posted by MadeInBeats

How many PS360 games sport 5.1 sound?

@Ideaman, have you heard anything regarding sound on WiiU games?

Fact that Nintendo support Netflix and other services, which have 5.1 sound, I agree that despite what sound WiiU games support, they need to offer different options for users to throughput their sound, like you say, with a dongle.

Every single Xbox 360 game has 5.1. It's a requirement (or at least it was). Not sure about PS3, but I would imagine a very, very high percentage of games support 5.1.
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:36 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smurfman256

wouldn't it be a smarter idea to star off with an e6760 as a base model since it already has ludicrously low power draw, and THEN add features and modifications?

Wouldn't have been possible in 2009 when they were putting the thing together :D.

Another possibility (pure unadulterated speculation) is that the r700 based gpu they used was simply the closest they could get to their intended target specs. Maybe the e6760 was in the pipeline and thats what they wanted but it was nowhere near ready at the time?
Last edited by The_Lump; 08-29-2012 at 01:08 AM.
IdeaMan
My source is my ass!
(08-29-2012, 12:36 AM)
IdeaMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by MadeInBeats

How many PS360 games sport 5.1 sound?

@Ideaman, have you heard anything regarding sound on WiiU games?

Fact that Nintendo support Netflix and other services, which have 5.1 sound, I agree that despite what sound WiiU games support, they need to offer different options for users to throughput their sound, like you say, with a dongle.

Only positive things, with a surprising quality for the gamepad speakers.

On development side, i know that a former SDK revision (the 2.05 i think) was kinda buggy for sound, and some developers preferred to remain on the previous one while waiting for a fix. It's settled since.

Besides, on a broader subject than sound, a little golden nugget: the level of overall improvement some developers managed to reach for their projects between my Spring posts and now is awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !
Last edited by IdeaMan; 08-29-2012 at 12:50 AM.
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:38 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Only positive things, with a surprising quality for the gamepad speakers.

On development side, i know that a former SDK revision (the 2.05 i think) was kinda buggy for sound, and some developers preferred to remain on the previous one while waiting for a fix. It's settled since.

Oh and the level of overall improvement some developers managed to reach between my Spring posts and now is awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !

Nice B)
big_erk
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:39 AM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by VAPitts

ok in all seriousness, why am i being looked down upon for speaking against something that has been going on for several pages and has 0 evidence of being true?

...and with that, VAPitts is gone.
Last edited by big_erk; 08-29-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Sadist
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:39 AM)
Sadist's Avatar
Just 15 days left... finally.
MadeInBeats
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !

When I read this bit a dolphin appeared before me and slapped me really hard in the face with it's hard wet flipper. Why?

So no word on if any launch games will have 5.1 sound or anything mentioned about 5.1 at all?

EDIT: oh, and was the bolded just about sound or overall?
Javier
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:45 AM)
Javier's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Only positive things, with a surprising quality for the gamepad speakers.

On development side, i know that a former SDK revision (the 2.05 i think) was kinda buggy for sound, and some developers preferred to remain on the previous one while waiting for a fix. It's settled since.

Oh and the level of overall improvement some developers managed to reach for their projects between my Spring posts and now is awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !

Man, the hype is reaching a level too high. These next two weeks are going to be sloooow.

And I see this thread has claimed its first victim.
IdeaMan
My source is my ass!
(08-29-2012, 12:47 AM)
IdeaMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by MadeInBeats

When I read this bit a dolphin appeared before me and slapped me really hard in the face with it's hard wet flipper. Why?

So no word on if any launch games will have 5.1 sound or anything mentioned about 5.1 at all?

EDIT: oh, and was the bolded just about sound or overall?

Well, some middleware added the support of 5.1 since a moment now. For specific launch games using it, not sure, i hope :)

for the edit: it's written, it's the overall performances.
MadeInBeats
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:51 AM)

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Well, some middleware added the support of 5.1 since a moment now. For specific launch games using it, not sure, i hope :)

for the edit: it's written, it's the overall performances.

Well, awesome info there, very, very interesting. Another beer for Ideaman bar tender ;)
PhoReal
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:52 AM)
PhoReal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spieler Eins

Apparantly Kirby sells like shit in EU. I would have bought the collection, looks really neat, but at least its just a minor loss compared to what else has missed the US on the other hand.

Rub it in, ya jerk! ;)
BY2K
Membero Americo
(08-29-2012, 12:52 AM)
BY2K's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Only positive things, with a surprising quality for the gamepad speakers.

On development side, i know that a former SDK revision (the 2.05 i think) was kinda buggy for sound, and some developers preferred to remain on the previous one while waiting for a fix. It's settled since.

Besides, on a broader subject than sound, a little golden nugget: the level of overall improvement some developers managed to reach for their projects between my Spring posts and now is awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !

You're still doing this, you damn frenchie?
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:54 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Well, some middleware added the support of 5.1 since a moment now. For specific launch games using it, not sure, i hope :)

for the edit: it's written, it's the overall performances.

Even better. Thanks for the tidbits!

Can you put it into some context? What exactly have they massively improved upon? Sorry to beg for scraps :D
GameplayWhore
Member
(08-29-2012, 12:56 AM)
GameplayWhore's Avatar

Originally Posted by big_erk

...and with that, VAPitts is gone.

I wish he had replied to my post, as I tried to make it clear what I thought the original post meant about the CC[P] being not wholly compatible with games made for the Pro Controller. But I get the impression that he put me on ignore a while ago on account of being too anti-Nintendo.


Originally Posted by IdeaMan

Only positive things, with a surprising quality for the gamepad speakers.

On development side, i know that a former SDK revision (the 2.05 i think) was kinda buggy for sound, and some developers preferred to remain on the previous one while waiting for a fix. It's settled since.

Besides, on a broader subject than sound, a little golden nugget: the level of overall improvement some developers managed to reach for their projects between my Spring posts and now is awesome, huge, bigger than what i expected and said back in those days.

HYPE !

Is the performance increase at least partly due to sound processing being more easily offloadable to the DSP?
flippedb
Banned
(08-29-2012, 12:58 AM)
Oh Ideaman, why you do this to us?!
The_Lump
Member
(08-29-2012, 01:01 AM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by GameplayWhore

I wish he had replied to my post, as I tried to make it clear what I thought the original post meant about the CC[P] being not wholly compatible with games made for the Pro Controller. But I get the impression that he put me on ignore a while ago on account of being too anti-Nintendo.

Is the performance increase at least partly due to sound processing being more easily offloadable to the DSP?

Me too. Wanted a reply I mean, not the ignore part.

And yeah come to think of it I remember reading about the DSP now being utilised since SDK 2.0.5 (which was buggy) and unburdening some of the other hardware as a result.
IdeaMan
My source is my ass!
(08-29-2012, 01:03 AM)
IdeaMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Lump

Even better. Thanks for the tidbits!

Can you put it into some context? What exactly have they massively improved upon? Sorry to beg for scraps :D

Can't be too specific. But let's say the framerate is one of the way to benchmark the "performance" of a game running on a dev kit. They managed to increase the framerate of their projects by a lot since my Spring posts. It's thanks to many parameters, between new dev kits, sdk revisions, improvement of their engines, etc. All while enhancing the image quality, the effects.

It's a positive news and as Iwata said, it confirms (if it was needed) that the Wii U, as every other new system, takes time to master for developers. They definitely have a better grasp on the machine than a few months ago, and this greater familiarization is seen through this leap on performances i've just touched upon.
Last edited by IdeaMan; 08-29-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Thread Tools