• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Butler becomes Vice President of betrayal in new commercial

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
UPDATE 1:

Kevin Butler Bridgestone Wii Promotion Commercial (YouTube Link)

Thanks to Wario64 for the find.

ORIGINAL POST:

6KX1m.jpg

Some of you might be wondering how such a thing could happen, and I think I have the answer:

kidnapping.jpg

Takao

Banned
So you're not going to post the commercial, or what it's advertising huh?

I've seen him in commercials for vacation getaways.

watershed

Banned
I need to see the full commercial for context. Damn Nintendo and their moneyhats. First Monster Hunter, now this? When will it end...

plufim

So Sony really did let go of their most successful advertising personality? That's a really silly decision.

Takao

Banned
So Sony really did let go of their most successful advertising personality? That's a really silly decision.

NeoGAF success doesn't equal sales success. Kevin Butler hasn't been in a commercial since like what, Resistance 3? Sony also changed marketing firms too.

Skiesofwonder

So you're not going to post the commercial, or what it's advertising huh?

I've seen him in commercials for vacation getaways.

The commercial is a Bridgestone Wii promotion, but it's currently nowhere to be found on the internet. It came on during The Who (on VH1) like forty minutes ago.

plufim

NeoGAF success doesn't equal sales success. Kevin Butler hasn't been in a commercial since like what, Resistance 3? Sony also changed marketing firms too.
He was trotted out at E3, you're undrrestimating his popularity.

Skiesofwonder

Then who is the President of Betrayal?

Square-Enix.

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Thanks for selling out your fanbase S-E. I poured probably thousands of dollars into your lap with your offerings on Sony platforms. Your support of the PS3 was instrumental in my purchasing one. Now you're murdering your flagship series for a quick cash grab. Why? Because you have no faith in your fans. Konami turned out all right with Metal Gear, what makes you think we'd be any different for motherfucking Final Fantasy? I and millions of others have rushed out to buy your major releases precisely at release time and time again. I'm certain many of us were still poised to do so, and still are.

I'm not happy that you drank the kool-aid. You had no reason to get into bed with Microsoft and take it this far.

For the record, it's a Brookstone Tires commercial - they have a promotion where you'll recieve a Wii by mail after buying 4 tires.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I seen the commercial yesterday. Didn't really have anything to prove it but I thought it was funny.

The commercial is a Bridgestone Wii promotion, but it's currently nowhere to be found on the internet. It came on during The Who (on VH1) like forty minutes ago.

Ahh, I was hoping it would've been an official Nintendo commercial, that would've been fantastic and very risqué for Nintendo.

Top Bottom