• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Javier
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:18 PM)
Javier's Avatar
The Wii U is going to be my first home console I buy with my own, hard-earned money.

Feels good man.
The_Lump
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:19 PM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

Nope it won't. 3DS hasn't been even cracked and it took what 5 years until someone managed to hack the PS3, for example.

Usually hacking a system nowadays means you'll lose access to its online functionality at least in terms of the digital store.

oh. I stand corrected. Sucks more than I thought then.

Originally Posted by Robertto

well i and many australians will never buy a wii u now, im just not gonna pay australian retail for their games, and you can guarantee that retailers will charge higher wii u game prices because they now dont have to compete with imports.


Just buy a US one and import all your games from US :D That'll show 'em!
pramath
Banned
(09-24-2012, 03:19 PM)
pramath's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Lump

I've no idea what the guy is saying, what the article is trying to say or where he mentions dx11! Hopefully good news though??!

He just said Yeah when asked if Wii U can take advantage of Unity's DX 11 features.
The_Lump
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:22 PM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by pramath

He just said Yeah when asked if Wii U can take advantage of Unity's DX 11 features.


He did? Sounded rather non-commital though...
DeuceGamer
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:25 PM)
DeuceGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeuceGamer

I haven't seen this question answered and I try to keep up with the threads (Kinda hard to keep up with all of them). Has it been confirmed if Nintendo TVii will work with any DVR or if it's only TiVo? If not, is that something that could change with an update?

I've still not seen a reply to this. Is it unknown if any DVR will work with TVii or did the post just get overlooked? Hopefully any DVR will work. Sorry if I missed any replies.
The_Lump
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:28 PM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeuceGamer

I've still not seen a reply to this. Is it unknown if any DVR will work with TVii or did the post just get overlooked? Hopefully any DVR will work. Sorry if I missed any replies.


Nintendo have said it will work with all major cable and satellite providers, plus over-the-air broadcasters. So looks good.
netBuff
Member
(09-24-2012, 03:58 PM)
netBuff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

@netBuff really hating you avatar right now
one of my favorite things to eat and now I feel hungry.

I try to promote this fruit in all facets of life, truly a marvel of taste - I'm sure the Austrian Mango Council agrees. ;)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

So guys, Monday started off on a good foot for Wii U what else should we expect this week on "As the U turns"?

As the U turns, I'd love a definitive confirmation on Need for Speed: Most Wanted for Wii U as I am planning on buying the PS3 skew at the moment, but would rather get the Wii U version (at a later date) if the game will be released on that platform - playing the new and shiny system just seems more appealing to me.

I suspect (if the rumours of the games existence weren't unfounded) that EA is holding off on an announcement until after the PC, PS3 and 360 versions are out and about.
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(09-24-2012, 04:06 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by netBuff

I try to promote this fruit in all facets of life, truly a marvel of taste - I'm sure the Austrian Mango Council agrees. ;)



As the U turns, I'd love a definitive confirmation on Need for Speed: Most Wanted for Wii U as I am planning on buying the PS3 skew at the moment, but would rather get the Wii U version (at a later date) if the game will be released on that platform - playing the new and shiny system just seems more appealing to me.

I suspect (if the rumours of the games existence weren't unfounded) that EA is holding off on an announcement until after the PC, PS3 and 360 versions are out and about.

Welll, i'll only buy that game on Wii-U if it has improvements over the other console versions.
The lack of analog triggers is just... so sad for a game like this.
Hoo-doo
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:07 PM)
Hoo-doo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Always-honest

Welll, i'll only buy that game on Wii-U if it has improvements over the other console versions.
The lack of analog triggers is just... so sad for a game like this.

Fuck me, I completely forgot about the no analog trigger situation on Wii U.

I guess no Wii-U racing games for me then. :(
Always-honest
always-end-with-a-swirl
(09-24-2012, 04:12 PM)
Always-honest's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hoo-doo

Fuck me, I completely forgot about the no analog trigger situation on Wii U.

I guess no Wii-U racing games for me then. :(

yeah, but what about MarioKart-Wii-U?... it will be glorious.... :(
Hoo-doo
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:14 PM)
Hoo-doo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Always-honest

yeah, but what about MarioKart-Wii-U?... it will be glorious.... :(

The obvious exception to that rule!
jaypah
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:17 PM)
jaypah's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Lump

Nintendo have said it will work with all major cable and satellite providers, plus over-the-air broadcasters. So looks good.

Wait, wut? After them stressing TIVO so much I thought there was no hope for cable/telecom set-top boxes. TVii looked cool but I figured it wouldn't work with AT&T Uverse. If it does somehow that would be sweet.
The_Lump
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:21 PM)
The_Lump's Avatar

Originally Posted by jaypah

Wait, wut? After them stressing TIVO so much I thought there was no hope for cable/telecom set-top boxes. TVii looked cool but I figured it wouldn't work with AT&T Uverse. If it does somehow that would be sweet.


Well I've read that in several articles. Can't get the source at the mo as im at work. A quick google of "TVii Tivo only" came up with helpful results.
DrWong
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:42 PM)
DrWong's Avatar
For the fun: a survey/prospect by the IDG (International Media Group) for a French magazine (Multimédia) about the console gaming market in France in the next 2 coming years.

So according to these experts in 2014 the Wii U should be the top selling console by a noticeable margin (twice the amount of the next HD twins sales).

2014 consoles sales forecast:

- 1. Wii U / 1.020.000
- 2. PS4 et Xbox 3 / 480.000



2014 software sales forecas:

- 1. Wii U / 5.900.000
- 2. Xbox 3 / 1.890.000
- 3. PS4 / 1.380.000

Source

Edit: more fun, I just received an amazon notification/email about a Kid Icarus Uprising Wii U version being ok for pre-order. ^^
Last edited by DrWong; 09-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.
big_erk
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:48 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

I now question why I do not feel no rage over this region lock thing, (so meh a none issue) but I see at least one bright spot if people are mad enough maybe he hackers will take up the challenge to break WiiU when they have not dented 3DS

I would not mind a nice little homebrew on this gamepad

The truth of the matter is region locking affects a minuscule part of the customer base. 99% of the people who buy a console will ever play anything besides games from their own region in it. It's a business decision plain and simple, and the impact on Nintendo's bottom line is negligible to say the least. For those that don't like the practice, don't buy it. Just realize that your decision will not sway the companies that choose to region lock their devices.
Kouriozan
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:49 PM)
Kouriozan's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrWong


Edit: more fun, I just received an amazon notification/email about a Kid Icarus Uprising Wii U version being ok for pre-order. ^^

Just noticed you can't pre-order Wii U black or white anymore on Amazon.fr, sold out?
test_account
XP-39C²
(09-24-2012, 04:49 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrWong

For the fun: a survey/prospect by the IDG (International Media Group) for a French magazine (Multimédia) about the console gaming market in France in the next 2 coming years.

So according to these experts in 2014 the Wii U should be the top selling console by a noticeable margin (twice the amount of the next HD twins sales).


Source

Edit: more fun, I just received an amazon notification/email about a Kid Icarus Uprising Wii U version being ok for pre-order. ^^

I know that guessing sales two years in advance with nothing solid to go by (none of these systems are out yet) is just a wild guess, but do they write anything about why they believe these numbers will happen?
plagiarize
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:50 PM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by big_erk

The truth of the matter is region locking affects a minuscule part of the customer base. 99% of the people who buy a console will ever play anything besides games from their own region in it. It's a business decision plain and simple, and the impact on Nintendo's bottom line is negligible to say the least. For those that don't like the practice, don't buy it. Just realize that your decision will not sway the companies that choose to region lock their devices.

you know i have more choices than 'don't buy it'. you don't get to tell me how i should react to not liking something. i mean, you get to offer your advice, obviously, but complaining is something that can make a difference too... so theres no reason people should stop doing it.
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(09-24-2012, 04:50 PM)
Plinko's Avatar

Originally Posted by The_Lump

Nintendo have said it will work with all major cable and satellite providers, plus over-the-air broadcasters. So looks good.

Really? If I could get this to work with DirecTV it would be amazing.
plagiarize
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:53 PM)
plagiarize's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plinko

Really? If I could get this to work with DirecTV it would be amazing.

it should. it just needs to know the TV codes and your inputs etc. on your TV will be your standard direct TV box being controlled by the IR in the Wii U pad. on your Wii U pad will be all the cool social media stuff etc. not 100% about DVR functionality beyond TiVo, but if there's phone apps or websites that let you interact with that stuff it's certainly possible and Nintendo TVii could tie into those, if not at launch, at some point.

as a really cool programming guide, and as a thing that has the feed of what's going on in the show and so on, all that stuff will work.
Jackano
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:54 PM)
Jackano's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrWong

Edit: more fun, I just received an amazon notification/email about a Kid Icarus Uprising Wii U version being ok for pre-order. ^^

Second time this KIUU thing is popping up. An Nintendo HD port being reality?

Numbers from IDG are very possible for Nintendo.
I think it took a little more than one year to the Wii to do 1M here, if I remember correctly. At the time the Wii was pretty much doing in one year what teh Gamecube did in all its lifetime.
big_erk
Member
(09-24-2012, 04:58 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

you know i have more choices than 'don't buy it'. you don't get to tell me how i should react to not liking something. i mean, you get to offer your advice, obviously, but complaining is something that can make a difference too... so theres no reason people should stop doing it.

I wasn't telling you how to react. I was simply discussing the matter of region locking and one of the options available to those who find it distasteful. Yes, you can complain to Nintendo, you can chose not to buy the console, you can write letters, you can call them directly, you can drive to Redmond or fly to Kyoto. There are many ways you can convey your point to the company. I just pointed out one. Sorry if I offended.
MisterHero
Super Member
(09-24-2012, 05:00 PM)
MisterHero's Avatar
Can't say much on the matter of region locks, but I do hope that Nintendo is more open to worldwide releases. Xenoblade and The Last Story were such joys to play. I don't know how well TLS did but Nintendo did find some success for Xenoblade.

I'm so happy for being wrong and predicting that these would be niche genre games that only Japan could appreciate. :P

INCREDIBLE. GAMES. I need Wii U sequels yesterday.

NoE also deserves credit for great translations.
Last edited by MisterHero; 09-24-2012 at 05:15 PM.
big_erk
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:02 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

so if they are not suggesting why do the prices not equal US prices per exchange rates?

You'd think EU would have a cheaper sales price since Nintendo got a spanking for being naughty
Unless this has more to do with your taxes than it does Nintendo.

They do not really make money off hardware, the money is the Software licensing fees, I'm sure they do not want to sell at a loss but hardware is not where Nintendo prints money

I think Nintendo is not allowed to set a MSRP or RRP or whatever it's called there. They can still set their wholesale prices at whatever level they choose. It is then up to the retailers to set the retail price, which is rarely if ever going to be below Nintendo's wholesale.
PhoReal
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:04 PM)
PhoReal's Avatar
Ugh...still 8 weeks away. This wait is going to be tough.
DrWong
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:13 PM)
DrWong's Avatar

Originally Posted by test_account

I know that guessing sales two years in advance with nothing solid to go by (none of these systems are out yet) is just a wild guess, but do they write anything about why they believe these numbers will happen?

I don't know, it's in the printed magazine I guess. The online news only provided the data I posted.

Originally Posted by Kouriozan

Just noticed you can't pre-order Wii U black or white anymore on Amazon.fr, sold out?

Just tested and I was able to pre-order one.
D-e-f-
Banned
(09-24-2012, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by big_erk

The truth of the matter is region locking affects a minuscule part of the customer base. 99% of the people who buy a console will ever play anything besides games from their own region in it. It's a business decision plain and simple, and the impact on Nintendo's bottom line is negligible to say the least. For those that don't like the practice, don't buy it. Just realize that your decision will not sway the companies that choose to region lock their devices.

By that logic, it makes even less sense to region lock the system. If the number of people is so minuscule, why bother locking them out of importing games they want to play?

Originally Posted by Oersted

Yummi or awful tease?

I like that he uses the term "active gamer titles" instead of that dreadful h-word.
DeuceGamer
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:22 PM)
DeuceGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

it should. it just needs to know the TV codes and your inputs etc. on your TV will be your standard direct TV box being controlled by the IR in the Wii U pad. on your Wii U pad will be all the cool social media stuff etc. not 100% about DVR functionality beyond TiVo, but if there's phone apps or websites that let you interact with that stuff it's certainly possible and Nintendo TVii could tie into those, if not at launch, at some point.

as a really cool programming guide, and as a thing that has the feed of what's going on in the show and so on, all that stuff will work.

I knew the cable providers shouldn't be an issue but hadn't heard about DVR support. Basically we haven't had a confirmation of DVR support outside of TiVo? Still seems like a nice extra feature that I didn't really expect regardless. If it is only TiVo at launch, maybe they would add all DVR functionality eventually.

BTW, thanks for those that responded. :)
Shurayuki
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:24 PM)
Shurayuki's Avatar
*mumbledcurses* somethingsomethingregionlockingblabla *mumbledcurses*

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

I like that he uses the term "active gamer titles" instead of that dreadful h-word.

Nooo, Nintendo still just doesn't understand the hardcore, we're doomed again. pack it in folks :(
big_erk
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:31 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

By that logic, it makes even less sense to region lock the system. If the number of people is so minuscule, why bother locking them out of importing games they want to play?.

I agree, but this is Nintendo we are talking about. They are the crazy geniuses of the videogame industry. Who knows why they do what they do.
PhantomR
Banned
(09-24-2012, 05:40 PM)
About the region lock, I REALLY hope that after the whole Operation Rainfall fiasco, NOA will reconsider their localization policies. That was a fairly bad PR situation for Nintendo, and I'd argue that within the gaming community it made Nintendo look even worse than Sony....and they exposed consumer information!
Seik
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:45 PM)
Seik's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhantomR

About the region lock, I REALLY hope that after the whole Operation Rainfall fiasco, NOA will reconsider their localization policies. That was a fairly bad PR situation for Nintendo, and I'd argue that within the gaming community it made Nintendo look even worse than Sony....and they exposed consumer information!

Don't push it, not releasing a game/releasing it late is nowhere near leaking customers informations.

Plus what's the fiasco? We got both Xenoblade and TLS, Pandora's Tower is good yes, but I own it and it does not really stands a chance against the two others. Result are important and we got the two bests out of three.
jacksrb
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:54 PM)
jacksrb's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

it should. it just needs to know the TV codes and your inputs etc. on your TV will be your standard direct TV box being controlled by the IR in the Wii U pad. on your Wii U pad will be all the cool social media stuff etc. not 100% about DVR functionality beyond TiVo, but if there's phone apps or websites that let you interact with that stuff it's certainly possible and Nintendo TVii could tie into those, if not at launch, at some point.

as a really cool programming guide, and as a thing that has the feed of what's going on in the show and so on, all that stuff will work.

Originally Posted by Plinko

Really? If I could get this to work with DirecTV it would be amazing.

Originally Posted by The_Lump

Well I've read that in several articles. Can't get the source at the mo as im at work. A quick google of "TVii Tivo only" came up with helpful results.

Originally Posted by jaypah

Wait, wut? After them stressing TIVO so much I thought there was no hope for cable/telecom set-top boxes. TVii looked cool but I figured it wouldn't work with AT&T Uverse. If it does somehow that would be sweet.

Here is the lowdown.

1 - TVii will work, from a programming guide / change your channel standpoint, with all major providers including DirecTV, Comcast, Charter, AT&T, etc.

2 - While the DVR interaction has so far only been announced for TiVo, in the interview linked below, the guy seems to intimate that they hope to have it working with other providers later. Even if it is not there day one, it can be updated/patched later. He actually says "Yes" to if it will work with DirecTV dvr, then backpedals. Not sure if he misunderstood or that they just aren't ready to announce it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cStP8...3&feature=plcp

(lots of other Wii U interviews I hadn't seen before too by that guy)
Linkhero1
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:55 PM)
Linkhero1's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhantomR

About the region lock, I REALLY hope that after the whole Operation Rainfall fiasco, NOA will reconsider their localization policies. That was a fairly bad PR situation for Nintendo, and I'd argue that within the gaming community it made Nintendo look even worse than Sony....and they exposed consumer information!

Even if they don't, I'm hoping the eShop will be a good platform for niche Wii U titles. Anyways, I'm hoping the Wii U homebrew scene will be as strong as the Wii. Best thing about the Wii was the homebrew.
ohlawd
Member
(09-24-2012, 05:57 PM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhantomR

About the region lock, I REALLY hope that after the whole Operation Rainfall fiasco, NOA will reconsider their localization policies. That was a fairly bad PR situation for Nintendo, and I'd argue that within the gaming community it made Nintendo look even worse than Sony....and they exposed consumer information!

Nothing can top Sony's information leak except a similar leak from Nintendo themselves. I'm not too sure NoA's localization practices will ever change... look at the 3DS lineup for the holidays. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon should have been a lock for a late October release, Animal Crossing: Jump Out during December. This would have been okay if the big games from Japan like Bravely Default are coming this holiday too but they're not so Nintendo has no choice but to spread out their release schedule.
Foov
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:02 PM)
Has it been confirmed whether or not regular wii controllers will work with the wii-u, or only one's with the motion plus add-on built in? I've seen conflicting info online. Or does a regular wii controller with the motion plus dongle work as well?

edit: Never mind, op seems to say that everything works, though I've read different elsewhere, I'll assume it's correct.
Last edited by Foov; 09-24-2012 at 06:06 PM.
tkscz
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:03 PM)
tkscz's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacksrb

Here is the lowdown.

1 - TVii will work, from a programming guide / change your channel standpoint, with all major providers including DirecTV, Comcast, Charter, AT&T, etc.

2 - While the DVR interaction has so far only been announced for TiVo, in the interview linked below, the guy seems to intimate that they hope to have it working with other providers later. Even if it is not there day one, it can be updated/patched later. He actually says "Yes" to if it will work with DirecTV dvr, then backpedals. Not sure if he misunderstood or that they just aren't ready to announce it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cStP8...3&feature=plcp

(lots of other Wii U interviews I hadn't seen before too by that guy)

Well didn't tell me if I can stream the content to my controller. That would be nice if so.
test_account
XP-39C²
(09-24-2012, 06:07 PM)
test_account's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrWong

I don't know, it's in the printed magazine I guess. The online news only provided the data I posted.

Ah ok.
jacksrb
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:10 PM)
jacksrb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foov

Has it been confirmed whether or not regular wii controllers will work with the wii-u, or only one's with the motion plus add-on built in? I've seen conflicting info online. Or does a regular wii controller with the motion plus dongle work as well?

edit: Never mind, op seems to say that everything works, though I've read different elsewhere, I'll assume it's correct.

This should be in the OP (assuming it is not).

You CAN use normal wii-motes for some wii U games, including NSMBU. It is the same as on the Wii. Some games will require wm+, including some of the attractions in Nintendo Land.

I would assume that regular wii-motes would be fine on Nintendo Land attractions like Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Chase - but that hasn't been confirmed. WM+ is required for Metroid Blast and Zelda Battle Quest.

We don't have confirmation on this either, but I would assume wiimotes with the m+ dongle should be fine.
D-e-f-
Banned
(09-24-2012, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by jacksrb

I would assume that regular wii-motes would be fine on Nintendo Land attractions like Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Chase - but that hasn't been confirmed. WM+ is required for Metroid Blast and Zelda Battle Quest.

Nintendo Land as a whole requires WiiM+, that is definitely official! It's either the complete game or nothing.
Agent Unknown
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:24 PM)
Agent Unknown's Avatar
I scheduled Monday Nov 19 off from work so that way I'll have two chillin' days to enjoy my Wii U. :)

Btw, anybody know what happened to Anth0ny and Roto13, was surprised to see they're banned. :/
jacksrb
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:24 PM)
jacksrb's Avatar

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

Nintendo Land as a whole requires WiiM+, that is definitely official! It's either the complete game or nothing.

Can you give a source for that?

Not that Amazon is the source for truth, but it says the following:

"Some games require Motion Plus Remote"
Foov
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:33 PM)
I think I've mainly been hearing that only m+ remotes work with the wii u on some recent podcasts, so that's why I've been wondering whether the info out there has changed.
netBuff
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:39 PM)
netBuff's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacksrb

Can you give a source for that?

Not that Amazon is the source for truth, but it says the following:

"Some games require Motion Plus Remote"

That could refer to the fact that most games are playable (at least singleplayer) with the GamePad and only a few require a Wii Remote.

EDIT: According to the Nintendo website, it does:

Your experience changes every time you play, depending on whether you use the GamePad, hold a Wii Remote Plus or just watch and try to offer advice to others. Experience it all!
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/...and_54768.html

Last edited by netBuff; 09-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Nostremitus
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:42 PM)
Nostremitus's Avatar
Quick random question...

Did Amazon stop selling nintendo hardware after the Operation Rainfall fiasco (Xenoblade was the best selling item on amazon for a time but nintendo decided to only allow Gamestop to sell it) or was it something different?
I don't see Amazon being happy about the lost revenue.
Dorfdad
Banned
(09-24-2012, 06:43 PM)
Dorfdad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Javier

The Wii U is going to be my first home console I buy with my own, hard-earned money.

Feels good man.

You will enjoy it much more that way.. Do yourself a favor unlike what I have done in the past and buy ONE game at a time. Play it and enjoy it. In the past I have bought multiple titles at once and felt obligated to quickly play them all.. Never enjoyed them properly either..

I bought more Wii-U titles than one of course however I will only open one at a time...(at least thats the plan!)
netBuff
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:45 PM)
netBuff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nostremitus

Quick random question...

Did Amazon stop selling nintendo hardware after the Operation Rainfall fiasco (Xenoblade was the best selling item on amazon for a time but nintendo decided to only allow Gamestop to sell it) or was it something different?
I don't see Amazon being happy about the lost revenue.

The reason Amazon no longer sells Nintendo hardware is not publicly known, but there's plenty of baseless speculation about it.
Last edited by netBuff; 09-24-2012 at 06:47 PM.
jmizzal
Member
(09-24-2012, 06:50 PM)
jmizzal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nostremitus

Quick random question...

Did Amazon stop selling nintendo hardware after the Operation Rainfall fiasco (Xenoblade was the best selling item on amazon for a time but nintendo decided to only allow Gamestop to sell it) or was it something different?
I don't see Amazon being happy about the lost revenue.

I thought about that too, but I think the 3DS hardware being send back situation seems more plausible.
AndTAR
Junior Member
(09-24-2012, 06:57 PM)
AndTAR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Javier

The Wii U is going to be my first home console I buy with my own, hard-earned money.

Feels good man.

Exactly my situation as well, I was still a pesky spoiled kid when the Wii came out. This one will be different, gwahah!

(Although it's debatable how much I'm paying, and how much Jeff Bezos is paying, as I got one of those £199 Premium pre-orders...)

Thread Tools