• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Drago
(09-26-2012, 10:33 PM)
Meh, I'm getting Sonic for $30 so if it's really bad then at least I didn't overpay. :p
TheMagician
(09-26-2012, 10:36 PM)
I'm desperate for Okami HD on the eshop. Touch screen brush controls would be sex.
plagiarize
(09-26-2012, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by BDGAME

One question: after buying the Wii U, you'll go buy the multi-platform on it or will continue buying for other devices?

if it supports Wii U Pad play and it isn't something i want to play mouse and keys, i will probably get the Wii U version, presuming all other things equal. like, for example, NFS: Hot Pursuit I got on PC, but i'll take slightly inferior resolution and graphics for a game i can then play upstairs in bed or on my big HDTV when the whim takes me.

things that will sway this position back to another platform? 3D support.

mark me down as another who is going to play Aliens Colonial Marines on Wii U over the PC. bonus fun for horror games... screen in your hands + dark room + headphones = scary experience!
axisofweevils
Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
(09-26-2012, 10:47 PM)

One question: after buying the Wii U, you'll go buy the multi-platform on it or will continue buying for other devices?

I'm more than happy to buy multiplats on Wii U as long as they're not shoddy ports, and they give the Wii U due respect. I want the "Third party games don't sell on Nintendo" idea to be busted this gen.

However, I refuse to buy something like ME3 on Wii U, when I know other formats are getting the trilogy for the same price. I want to support third parties on Wii U, but they have to play their part too.
Last edited by axisofweevils; 09-26-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Earendil
(09-26-2012, 10:48 PM)

Originally Posted by cand

So doing absolutly nothing is a better fit? This is not about complain, is about showing that Nintendo has a large hardcore public that likes hardcore games and fight for it. But maybe they are right cause the only thing I've seen people, besides 10k, do it's complain and act like experts. I'm not offending anyone it's nice to know things and talk about, but this will not do a thing to change Nintendo gamer image. When I read that post I thought everyone will join to get that game, cause I really want this. It's not a marketing-wise shitty complain, I really want that freaking game. Not only it but every freaking hardcore game I couldn't play for years because "Wii is to weak" or "Wii is for kids". Can do nothing, but at least I'm showing to them what a hardcore Nintendo gamer wants. If they don't want to listen is their choice, but doing nothing just do nothing.

I guess I worded that poorly. I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from doing this. I think all I was trying to say is that it's going to take more than the backlash of a bunch of Nintendo fans that EA couldn't really give a crap about to change anything. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

It's the part where we let it be known that we'd like this to happen. If nobody complains, a publisher will keep assuming "well, we were right, nobody even cares".

We have to ask for things sometimes in order to make something happen.

I don't use Twitter, but I have posted this hashtag on a couple other forums hoping people will spread the word.
Meelow
Banned
(09-26-2012, 10:48 PM)

Wii U, I want to help convince third party's that core third party games can sell on Nintendo systems.
Cerebral Assassin
(09-26-2012, 10:49 PM)

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

When Sumo doesn't care about a port, they won't put much effort in to it.

If I recall correctly, their reasoning for not putting online in to the PC version of Sonic All-Stars Racing was simply "Everyone's going to pirate it, so why bother?"

How did the Wii version of Sonic Racing do?

So doing absolutly nothing is a better fit? This is not about complain, is about showing that Nintendo has a large hardcore public that likes hardcore games and fight for it. But maybe they are right cause the only thing I've seen people, besides 10k, do it's complain and act like experts. I'm not offending anyone it's nice to know things and talk about, but this will not do a thing to change Nintendo gamer image. When I read that post I thought everyone will join to get that game, cause I really want this. It's not a marketing-wise shitty complain, I really want that freaking game. Not only it but every freaking hardcore game I couldn't play for years because "Wii is to weak" or "Wii is for kids". Can do nothing, but at least I'm showing to them what a hardcore Nintendo gamer wants. If they don't want to listen is their choice, but doing nothing just do nothing.

The problem is that it isn't a game people will rally behind, at best you will get people who (will) only have a Wii U andwant to play ME3, one of the reasons Operation Rainfall worked was because very prospective buyers had had the chance to play it.
Hoodbury
(09-26-2012, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Earendil

I don't use Twitter, but I have posted this hashtag on a couple other forums hoping people will spread the word.

I have a twitter account but I don't fully understand everything about it. How would tweeting #operationnormandy or whatever it is tell EA that Nintendo fans want the Mass Effect Trilogy on the Wii-U?
Meelow
Banned
(09-26-2012, 10:52 PM)
GameStop lists Sniper Elite V2 for Wii U

Just seen on Go Nintendo.
Earendil
(09-26-2012, 10:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Hoodbury

I have a twitter account but I don't fully understand everything about it. How would tweeting #operationnormandy or whatever it is tell EA that Nintendo fans want the Mass Effect Trilogy on the Wii-U?

What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros?

An Elifino... (say it out loud if you don't get it)
PhoReal
(09-26-2012, 10:54 PM)
What are our chances of seeing DOA5 on the Wii U? Pretty good, right? It looks so good.
chertipros
(09-26-2012, 10:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Meelow

So I guess this was the cryengine game crytek was talking about?
chertipros
(09-26-2012, 10:56 PM)

Originally Posted by PhoReal

What are our chances of seeing DOA5 on the Wii U? Pretty good, right? It looks so good.

After the Dead or Alive Dimensions bomba I can't see it
D-e-f-
Banned
(09-26-2012, 10:57 PM)

so another hint. first we had that leaked rating, now a gamestop listing. safe bet, I guess?

You have to tweet it @EA. If you click on the hashtag on twitter, you can see all the messages tweeted with that tag. That's why they're called hashtags :)
Earendil
(09-26-2012, 10:58 PM)

so another hint. first we had that leaked rating, now a gamestop listing. safe bet, I guess?

You have to tweet it @EA. If you click on the hashtag on twitter, you can see all the messages tweeted with that tag. That's why they're called hashtags :)

I've tried to follow conversations on Twitter, but I usually end up cross-eyed.
PhoReal
(09-26-2012, 11:00 PM)

Originally Posted by chertipros

Aww, haha. Dimensions is in my 3DS right now.
cand
(09-26-2012, 11:00 PM)

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Cerebral Assassin

The problem is that it isn't a game people will rally behind, at best you will get people who (will) only have a Wii U andwant to play ME3, one of the reasons Operation Rainfall worked was because very prospective buyers had had the chance to play it.

It doesn't matter. If there are really just one hand full of people interested they shouldn't launch the game anyway. This will at least help them to see interest from Nintendo fans. It's about showing them that we exist, we're not a bunch of robots waiting for the next on rails shooter. If we don't get enough support, sad. At least I really tried.

If you tweet this hashtag enough it gets popular and all the tweets with it can be read by just clicking or searching for this hashtag. Basicaly, since EA has an official twitter account, we're tryin' to get the attention of someone there.
axisofweevils
Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
(09-26-2012, 11:01 PM)
Why is it called Operation Normandy? Am I missing something?
The_Lump
(09-26-2012, 11:01 PM)
Drago/jacksrb - stealing your format too (even though I already made a list today!)

Definite Day 1
  • Premium Wii U Set (w/Nintendo Land)
  • Black Wiimote+, Nunchuck
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • ZombiU
Christmas
  • BLOPS 2
  • AC3
  • Rayman Legends
  • Darksiders 2
Launch Window Interest
  • Wonderful 101
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Pikmin 3
  • F1 Race Stars (its coming!)
Digital
  • Nano Assault Neo (at launch)
  • Trine 2

Edit: BEST. LAUNCH. WINDOW. EVER.
TheBaldEmperor
(09-26-2012, 11:03 PM)

Shame. 3DS game was my first entry to the series and I really liked that. I'm usually not into fighting games.
D-e-f-
Banned
(09-26-2012, 11:06 PM)

I've tried to follow conversations on Twitter, but I usually end up cross-eyed.

well if you wanna follow a conversation just click in the "view conversation" option below a tweet/reply :)
cand
(09-26-2012, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by axisofweevils

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/SSV_Normandy
Seik
(09-26-2012, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by PhoReal

Aww, haha. Dimensions is in my 3DS right now.

Same, its pretty damn good.
Kerub
Do we know if Nano Assault neo is just a port of the 3DS game, or a completely new game?
axisofweevils

Mind you, Ayane from DoA is appearing in exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3 WiiU missions, so.....
Hoodbury
(09-26-2012, 11:08 PM)

Heh, I guess that's what I still don't get either. Glad I'm not alone. So I should open my twitter account and tweet "@EA #OperationNormandy"? And that would tell EA that I want Mass Effect trilogy for the Wii-U?

/boggled mind

I'm only 30, but can I safely say I'm too old for this shit?
D-e-f-
Banned

Originally Posted by Kerub

Do we know if Nano Assault neo is just a port of the 3DS game, or a completely new game?

New game.

The 3DS version is getting a 3DS eShop release, titled Nano Assault EX, by the way. (adds Circle Pad Pro support, for example)

Heh, I guess that's what I still don't get either. Glad I'm not alone. So I should open my twitter account and tweet "@EA #OperationNormandy"? And that would tell EA that I want Mass Effect trilogy for the Wii-U?

/boggled mind

It would help if you throw in a nice "bring ME Trilogy to Wii U, please" :)

it's not magic, it's still based on simple rules of communication :D
Last edited by D-e-f-; 09-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Hiltz

Confirmed as a brand new game.
PhoReal

Originally Posted by TheBaldEmperor

Shame. 3DS game was my first entry to the series and I really liked that. I'm usually not into fighting games.

Yep. It is quite good.

DOA is up there with Tekken and Soul Calibur as some of the most enjoyable and accessible fighting games.
Kerub
(09-26-2012, 11:10 PM)

New game.

The 3DS version is getting a 3DS eShop release, titled Nano Assault EX, by the way. (adds Circle Pad Pro support, for example)

Originally Posted by Hiltz

Confirmed as a brand new game.

Yes! :D

It looks awesome in the trailer too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEFqno7UAk . So hyped for this game.
BrhysH
(09-26-2012, 11:10 PM)
My work had some boxes come in and there were 3 (all the same) WiiU ads separating them for Burger King Canada.

Guess the toys will start next month.

PhoReal
(09-26-2012, 11:11 PM)

Yes! :D

It looks awesome in the trailer too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QEFqno7UAk . So hyped for this game.

Wow that looks fantastic. Should I try out the 3DS version?
(09-26-2012, 11:11 PM)

you got yourself a retweet (not much use with my handful of followers, half of which are bots lol)

Woooo! I've got like 5 retweets and 3 new followers. Take that EA!
cand
(09-26-2012, 11:12 PM)

/boggled mind

I tweeted this way:

"@EA We want Mass Effect Trilogy on #WiiU #OperationNormandy"

then EA receives it (@EA)
Every person who looks for WiiU sees it (#WiiU)
Every person who looks for OperationNormandy sees it (#OperationNormandy)
Cerebral Assassin
(09-26-2012, 11:12 PM)

It doesn't matter. If there are really just one hand full of people interested they shouldn't launch the game anyway. This will at least help them to see interest from Nintendo fans. It's about showing them that we exist, we're not a bunch of robots waiting for the next on rails shooter. If we don't get enough support, sad. At least I really tried.

My point is, if you want to show EA that demand is there for "normal" console games then you need as many people as possible, that will only happen with a game people actually want to play(something like a NFS:HP2 or a DS3), & even then it will likely be ignored.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(09-26-2012, 11:14 PM)

Originally Posted by BrhysH

My work had some boxes come in and there were 3 (all the same) WiiU ads separating them for Burger King Canada.

I wonder how the toys will look.
cand

Originally Posted by 10k

Woooo! I've got like 5 retweets and 3 new followers. Take that EA!

We're gettin' there \o/
Meelow
Banned

I tweeted this way:

"@EA We want Mass Effect Trilogy on #WiiU #OperationNormandy"

then EA receives it (@EA)
Every person who looks for WiiU sees it (#WiiU)
Every person who looks for OperationNormandy sees it (#OperationNormandy)

I said #OperationNormandy @EA"maybe EA will stop making weird decisions about their games...AKA Mass Effect Trilogy on PC/PS3/X360 but not Wii U."

Do you think EA will be offended? Lol
SquiddyCracker
(09-26-2012, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by BrhysH

NFC toys perhaps?

Man, Pokemon in Happy Meals that can be activated in Pokemon Stadium Wii U will be such a gold mine.
Earendil
(09-26-2012, 11:16 PM)

Thank you.

You're welcome. Sorry for being difficult earlier.

Nintendo fans are the Allies, EA is Germany. Twitter is France.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/SSV_Normandy

Or it could be this. lol

well if you wanna follow a conversation just click in the "view conversation" option below a tweet/reply :)

Thank you, I'll try that out.
Nibel
(09-26-2012, 11:16 PM)
Are these just normal toys or NFC toys? That's the question
BrhysH
(09-26-2012, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by SquiddyBiscuit

NFC toys perhaps?

Man, Pokemon in Happy Meals that can be activated in Pokemon Stadium Wii U will be such a gold mine.

That would be pretty cool.
Meelow
Banned
(09-26-2012, 11:17 PM)
Look what Cliffy B said about Wii U's launch.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/s...70540343828480

Well played, Big N "@stephentotilo: Wii U launch lineup contains a wave of very cool indie games from Western creators http://bit.ly/OVFNZC "

The Retro at Epic rumor is getting more likely lol.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(09-26-2012, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Nibel

Are these just normal toys or NFC toys? That's the question

They said no nfc use at launch, so one would think normal. Youll never know with Nintendo though.
Zulithe
should be NFC toys that connect to Nintendoland but naa, we're not that lucky. Maybe next year
cand

I said #OperationNormandy @EA"maybe EA will stop making weird decisions about their games...AKA Mass Effect Trilogy on PC/PS3/X360 but not Wii U."

Do you think EA will be offended? Lol

Nah you have to talk in money language. Call them poor.
jmizzal

Originally Posted by Nostremitus

The Norwegian thread has me thinking...

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been in need of a publisher for a while...

Nintendo has decided that they really like publishing fan-favorite-yet-stalled games...

I really REALLY hope nintendo at least made them an offer...

Plus UBisoft Montpellier are working on two WiiU exclusive games, ZombiU and Rayman Legends, I think its safe to say Beyond Good & Evil will come to WiiU.
PhoReal
(09-26-2012, 11:19 PM)

Look what Cliffy B said about Wii U's launch.

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/s...70540343828480

The Retro at Epic rumor is getting more likely lol.

Nice! :D
Meelow
Banned
(09-26-2012, 11:20 PM)

Nah you have to talk in money language. Call them poor.

Lol how about this

"EA is so poor, that's why they don't have a Wii U version, they can't afford it"

I would never tweet that but if someone did that would be funny.
cand
(09-26-2012, 11:22 PM)

Lol how about this
I would never tweet that but if someone did that would be funny.

Dude I almost died here. Awesome.