• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Banned
Dude I almost died here. Awesome.

Lol, I know it seems like I am showing a lot of EA hate right now but that's only because they put Mass Effect Trilogy on everything expect Wii U to hurt there own sales, what company does that?

And I believed them at E3 2011 when they said "we will give the Wii U huge support", Meelow is disappointed :(

Earendil

Nah you have to talk in money language. Call them poor.

How about this?

"Overheard from maintenance closet outside @EA boardroom that the company has no money to greenlight ME Trilogy for Wii U. Expecting buyout from SEGA. #WiiU #OperationNormandy"

jmizzal

It is a valid reason though, its the same as Bayonetta 2, if you want it buy the machine, if the single game (or in this case trilogy) isn't enough to justify the purchase then wait a few years & buy the other consoles cheaply.

Bayonetta 2 and Mass Effect Trilogy is two very different situations
Bayonetta 2 was a canceled game that Nintendo saved and but it on there system

Mass Effect Trilogy is a game EA is putting on every console and PC besides WiiU, announcing it months after the WiiU version of ME3 is announced and they are selling them for the same price, and that is a pure joke.

Sadist

I didn't have any interest in ME3 anyway (read the spoilers, laughed a lot) but man that decision is stupid on a Konami level. EA and Konami now tied for the worst publishers/developer of the year award.

Meelow

Banned
Well, some dollars are worth more than others.

Ha ! Brilliant. We should pretend this is a serious rumor and send it to everyone's favorite analyst.

Lol, and than the rumor goes everywhere and EA admits this is true even though it was a rumor people made.

miksar

I was just thinking about Reggie's recent comment about unannounced games and it actually made a lot of sense to me when I remembered a credible rumor about the new Tomb Raider for Wii U, and this game comes out on PS360 during launch window. So I wouldn't rule out MGS Revengeance and more surprises (but sadly no Bioshock Infinite for sure).

Kacho

Gold Member
It'll be interesting to see if Konami and Nintendo can figure out some kind of partnership with the Wii U. It would be a crying shame if they didn't release their big games on the Wii U.

pramath

Banned
It'll be interesting to see if Konami and Nintendo can figure out some kind of partnership with the Wii U. It would be a crying shame if they didn't release their big games on the Wii U.

It would bad for business as well considering Wii U is poised to be the market leader in Japan.

Time to squash this beef.

Meelow

Banned
I don't understand what's up with Konami, I wonder if they will put Lords of Shadows 2 on Wii U, with the things they said.

It would bad for business as well considering Wii U is poised to be the market leader in Japan.

Time to squash this beef.

But It's not even like konami makes that many games that would realistically see a release outside of japan outside of the metal gear games these days though

Tehalemi

So I went to my local Gamestop yesterday, and watched a dude play a Wii game(Mario Party 9 I think) while on line. I look next to the Wii console stand and see a wall of Wii U games, but what got me was a wall section next to it labeled: Wii U Headsets.

Some black and some white, they were going for $199 to $299 each and they weren't even branded Nintendo by the look of the boxes IIRC. Looked like they had a "b" branded on the left and right headphone, but I really didn't have enough time to take a look at the brand name up close as I had a prior engagement.

MoP CE demands my attention!!! >:O

Has anyone seen this at their local game shops? I mean I know headsets can be expensive depending on the brand/store, but have they seen them this expensive?

<<<------ Headset Noob... :p

fail-headset1.jpg

Now that I think of it, the brand Monster Beats comes to mind and I have no idea if they're any good or not. Idk, I just find it interesting that it's all building up to launch, their advertising their headsets for Wii U and I'm standing there looking at it...but in my head I'm like

tumblr_lwozg0ZtZZ1qhh7cio1_400.gif

Wii U is almost here! :)

Kacho

Gold Member
I don't understand what's up with Konami, I wonder if they will put Lords of Shadows 2 on Wii U, with the things they said.

They put out some great stuff on the Wii, but the games were few and far between. The "Rebirth" line was brilliant, but I'm sure sales-wise that didn't pan out for them as well as they would have hoped for.

If Nintendo is trying to focus on classic game series with the Wii U, Konami would be a perfect fit with that. Konami helped make the NES and SNES as great as they were with their franchises.

Sadist

I was just thinking about Reggie's recent comment about unannounced games and it actually made a lot of sense to me when I remembered a credible rumor about the new Tomb Raider for Wii U, and this game comes out on PS360 during launch window. So I wouldn't rule out MGS Revengeance and more surprises (but sadly no Bioshock Infinite for sure).
Oh I'd rule out Revengeance. Why? Because it's Konami on a Nintendo console. If anything, the chance is significantly higher it receives the follow up to Dewy's Adventure than ports of Revengeance or Lords of Shadow 2. I mean, look at the way they handled MGS Snake Eater. Konami on Wii U will be the yearly PES games and nothing else.

And really, I'm still baffled about the release of ME Trilogy on other platforms. I never had high hopes for ME 3's Wii U performance, but this will make it mega-bomb. Horrible, horrible planning/publishing whatever from EA. I wonder what the studio behind the port feels about this decision.

Fun fact: Mass Effect Trilogy is supposed to cost 49,99&#8364; in Europe, whereas Mass Effect 3 for Wii U is listed at 69,99&#8364; among many retailers. This company. This fucking company.
ibjUFwNrZ32b4G.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
Fun fact: Mass Effect Trilogy is supposed to cost 49,99€ in Europe, whereas Mass Effect 3 for Wii U is listed at 69,99€ among many retailers. This company. This fucking company.

I hope Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U performs as well as Spyborgs did. *spits on EA*

Here's hoping your right about MGS Revengeance, hope for a confirmation on that game sooner rather than later. I'm also hoping one of the unannounced Capcom games is either MvC3 or Super Street Fighter 4.

Earendil

Fun fact: Mass Effect Trilogy is supposed to cost 49,99€ in Europe, whereas Mass Effect 3 for Wii U is listed at 69,99€ among many retailers. This company. This fucking company.

Please tell me you're kidding...

I just might have to create a twitter account and make my joke tweet from the last page a real one.

Why?

I hope it's Remember Me, DMC, and Lost Planet 3.

Because I'm a huge fan of Japanese fighting games and I love Capcoms MvC3 and Street Fighter.

Lost Planet 3 and DMC are a joke to me. They are everything I hate about Capcom now haha. I hope they stay FAR away from Wii U. They really better bring us E.X. Troopers before thinking about Lost Planet 3.

Btw, I can't imagine Nintendo being happy with this news. Might be a good question for Geoff to ask Reggie lol.

Yeah, if we think how Nintendo showcased ME3 and Arkham city at 2011 E3 conference now this sounds like a joke, seeing all the underwhelming impressions of the former that have been postted on this tyhread - I hope they'll fix all the issues that have been reported though.

ME3 on Wii U was a bad decision from the start imo, and I think someone in Nintendo has his shares of guilt in this ridiculous situatiion.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fun fact: Mass Effect Trilogy is supposed to cost 49,99&#8364; in Europe, whereas Mass Effect 3 for Wii U is listed at 69,99&#8364; among many retailers. This company. This fucking company.

Step 1: Release an overpriced game already released on another console and that 75% of the people even interested by it already played.
Step 2: Announce a better deal on the other platforms to make sure the overpriced game doesn't sell.
Step 3: Use the poor sale of the overpriced game as an excuse to stop supporting the console the overpriced game was released on.

ibqzDDNY1EjNL5.gif

FUCKING. BRILLIANT!

Step 1: Release an overpriced game already released on another console and that 75% of the people even interested by it already played.
Step 2: Announce a better deal on the other platforms to make sure the overpriced game doesn't sell.
Step 3: Use the poor sale of the overpriced game as an excuse to stop supporting the console the overpriced game was released on.

FUCKING. BRILLIANT!

E3 2013: "We have no plans for Reaper-Shepard's Big Space Adventure coming to the Wii-U. Sales just haven't been there for us on that platform"

ibqzDDNY1EjNL5.gif

FUCKING. BRILLIANT!

Looks like Donny well deserved that tag. This has to be some kind of joke. I mean, I don't even care about Mass Effect 3 that much but why would any company do this to themselves?

Effect

Off topic but I really would like to know if this was real or staged.

Back on topic. Part of me really hopes people don't fall for ME3 now and it does even more poorly then it have originally just to hurt EA as money is the only thing they understand. However I do feel bad for those that did the port if it does indeed ended up being a good port. They'll be the ones that suffer by not getting anymore work as EA will think it's the game not their stupid decisions people have issue with.

Aguila

#ICONIC
WOW at the ME3 news.....

Speaking of expensive, the one major thing that I hate about Nintendo going next gen is the higher priced games :(

This is like MGS3DS getting announced, and then they went ahead remade 3 of them in HD on other platforms.

Meh no as different I'd say, 3DS is a different beast.
It sold better than the 3!

EA really shouldn't have bothered with ME3 U. I just don't understand what their playing at.
Half expecting them to announce their changing it to ME Trilogy U but it'll be delayed, but I know its not going to :(

Barring insane hardware and 3rd party software sales at launch, I do not see stellar Western support outside of maybe Ubisoft.

I'm hopeful Japan will be a different story, but in the West I have seen zero positive signs besides Ubisoft's launch lineup.

After Ubisoft are seen to be counting the piles of money from the sales of ZombiU, Rayman Legends and Assassins Creed 3 you're going to see more than a few executives of other publishers kicking themselves. And that's just the 'hardcore' titles. Their profits from those 3 titles along with Just Dance 4 are going to be insane.

Supporting a Nintendo console launching with a 2D Mario title with any new title with decent marketing isn't a gamble...releasing a very late port such as Mass Effect 3 is doomed to failure even without the Mass Effect Trilogy being released.

THQ's 3 month old port of Darksiders 2 is a bit of a gamble but a much less of a risk than EA are taking, it should still make them a profit if they let people know it's out there.

Drago

I was just at a friends house and I came into contact with his black Wii Remotes.

So glad I'm getting a White WiiU. The fingerprints would kill me ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom