• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you saw one episode five years ago and want to shit on the show then do it in the other thread please. Otherwise, if you want to discuss the episodes of the latest season then post away.

8sWTO.jpg

I thought that this episode was pretty weak for a season premiere from both a comedic and narrative standpoint. It really didn't establish anything that wasn't in the Season 5 finale and a lot of the jokes centered on Raj's sexuality again. I took from his meeting with Stewart was him simply reaching out to everybody so that he has somebody to share his life with. A hetero life partner kind of deal. Jim Parson's hairline is absurdly high and I can't believe they decided to stay with the combover and not adopt a hairpiece. He'll likely be bald by next season! The Wolowitz in space hasn't resulted in much lulz either. I guess the space toilet is working as intended.

In the end I felt disappointed by this episode but I'm hoping they can entertain next week.

Dereck

I was wondering why no one made a thread about this. I missed the premiere, going to watch my recorded version right now.

the 1st episode was average, almost subpar like 1st or 2nd season.

The fact that 3 of the 4 guys are more invested in their relationship with their female counterparts also removes the gel that used to exist between the 4 that was more present before.

this is the first season that I am catching from the premiere without resorting to reruns or DVDs

Fry

Going to watch in a bit. Will also see the new Two and a Half Men just for the lulz, but I won't follow the show anymore. I dropped during the last season and I think every other person that was a fan of the show for the past 8 years did the same thing.

I hope they can surprise me this season. I still really like BBT, but the quality hasn't been the same ever since they started to care so much about relationships.

RevoDS

Not a bad episode, but certainly not an especially good one by any stretch. The jokes were safe and it didn't really feel like a season premiere - it could've been any of the season's episodes from a storyline standpoint.

I love this show, but this episode just wasn't that good. Hope it goes back to form soon!

aparisi2274

I thought it was an ok episode...

I though the funniest line was when Howard got off his call with his mom, and says "Well, space is ruined"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I liked it. Sheldon delivering the Spider-Man one line was awesome
KuGsj.gif

I half way bought it too until the reveal.

wenis

So are they going to shoehorn Stewart into every episode now?

probably, whatever they're cooking up with Raj, it better go somewhere... Getting tired of his (And stewarts) sad sack schtick

mantidor

subscribing so you people remind me when there's a new episode.

I do this for all my TV viewing, I'm sure theres an app for that but I like more when Gaf reminds me :p

Mikey Jr.

Ive watched a few eps in the beginning, and I know generally whose on the show/and their personality.

I saw some later episodes when they introduced Blossom and the other girl.

My fuck are they annoying, especially the blonde one. I came in here and was just wondering if they died in a fire. The boxart suggests no.

What are the fans opinions on these 2 characters? Am I wrong about them?

Hmmm, I've only watched reruns until now, I guess season 5 hasn't been in syndication yet so I'm a bit lost

What happened to Priyya?
How long is Howard in Space?
And anything else big happen in s5?

Fry

Ive watched a few eps in the beginning, and I know generally whose on the show/and their personality.

My fuck are they annoying, especially the blonde one. I came in here and was just wondering if they died in a fire. The boxart suggests no.

I didn't mind either at first. But they've grown tiresome. I wish the show would go back to it's original cast.

That's completely different than my opinion. I think the show found it's voice when it introduced Bernadette and Amy. It set up some really interesting dynamics, especially since I think if Bernadette hadn't been introduced, Howard's sleazy ladies-man attitude would have probably gotten old and grating by a sixth season. I mean, it was already grating in two seasons. Amy's also developed way beyond a female Sheldon, which she started out as. I think the worst thing that happened because of the introduction of the two other women is that Penny used to have other "hot" friends and people she'd hang out with all the time. Now it seems like all she does is hang out with the guys or Amy/Bernadette. Where'd all her other friends go?

I didn't know Stuart was promoted to a regular now, but I like that because he's been my favorite recurring character. I do agree they need to give either him or Raj a girlfriend or just...something beyond "woe is me I'm single" "woe is me I'm broke."

Dai101

Banned

Bernardette is awesome, so is Amy. I can't complain abuout neither.

I didn't know Stuart was promoted to a regular now, but I like that because he's been my favorite recurring character. I do agree they need to give either him or Raj a girlfriend or just...something beyond "woe is me I'm single" "woe is me I'm broke."

I hope they keep Stuart as a regular, also Kwepkee too.

wenis

I love Bernadette. Favorite female character and hottest on the show. She's a freak.

I always feel like Stuart is like two steps away from hanging himself.

The last season or so, yes. He didn't seem quite as pathetic before, but lately they have been pushing the super depressed angle with him.

I did like the scene with him and Raj tonight though.

That's completely different than my opinion. I think the show found it's voice when it introduced Bernadette and Amy. It set up some really interesting dynamics, especially since I think if Bernadette hadn't been introduced, Howard's sleazy ladies-man attitude would have probably gotten old and grating by a sixth season. I mean, it was already grating in two seasons. Amy's also developed way beyond a female Sheldon, which she started out as. I think the worst thing that happened because of the introduction of the two other women is that Penny used to have other "hot" friends and people she'd hang out with all the time. Now it seems like all she does is hang out with the guys or Amy/Bernadette. Where'd all her other friends go?

Agreed. Some friends got me into the show about a month ago, and at first I though Amy would just be Sheldon 2, but she really balances him out now and she's one of my favorite characters, along with Bernadette. It is getting a little odd just focusing on the relationships though, and not the friendships. Plus, I'm kinda tired of the Raj "that's not racist/is he gay/straight/bi something" schtick. Especially since my nickname with my friends now is Raj, but mostly because of the talking to women thing.

NinjaBoiX

I really like Amy, though she's been losing her deadpan attitude.

Bernadette is just annoying for me.
God damn, that fucking voice! She could smash glass. Reminds me of that fuck awful character in Will and Grace with the high pitched voice, Karen I think.

Anyway, I like TBBT, I'll be catching up with this! Bazinga!

speedline

Banned
They need to get Howard back to Earth pronto, as his character is 50% looks and he is just boring in khakis and a polo. Sheldon just doesn't look right with the longer hair, and his character would never let it get that long. Penny just refuses to admit she is attached to Leonard and that's getting old as well.

They need to bring in Barry Kripkie to join in with Stuart and Raj to try and get some nerd laughs going again. Kripkie hasn't been overused and would still feel fresh in the series.

Leonards character has strayed far away from what he used to be, the bubbling geek who was a man of science, sort of the innocent type. He hasn't really shown a geeky nature in a while. I can't see the current Leonard dressing up as a hobbit or being excited about owning a Time Machine. He just seems like an average guy who is infatuated with the girl next door, just desperate really. I also think they gave him too much pussy throughout the show and that took some of his believability away. If he can pull Raj's sister, then he could definitely pull Penny with no problems. He has had plenty of hook ups throughout the show, so much that I'm not even rooting for him anymore

Bring back Leslie Winkle! She was a perfect match in wits with Sheldon and gave him so much hell I think it really drove his character. Right now Sheldon just says offensive things (unknowingly of course) and everyone just nods there heads after he says it, or just let's it go. Not Leslie, she would come back with something that would piss Sheldon off, his character needs that someone who can match up to him.

As far as Bernie and Amy, well to me they are great from a distance but i don't care to see them all the time. The characters have been around long enough to either accept their man the way they are, or move on. We need to see some fresh problems to deal with rather than the constant issue of Sheldons lack of passion and Howards mom deal. It's gotten bland.

As for the premiere, eh, well I've been missing these guys so it was good to see them back, but nothing special about this episode. Found most everything to be by the numbers in the BBT universe. We did see Stuart and Raj bond a bit and will probably do their own thing for a while, maybe look for women or hang out or something. Other than that, nothing new or exciting that we haven't been through before. Sheldons show of affection to Amy in the restaurant was funny and the best part of this episode. Looking forward to next week.

Revolver

The show's grown on me in reruns. I'm curious, did Sheldon ever get the better of Wil Wheaton or did they just drop that? I find that recurring storyline amusing. Probably because I always disliked Wesley Crusher.

J-Rzez

Is there any place to watch this full episode? I missed it last night and forgot to set up the DVR.

Are Howard and Lenny the only people on that show to have been in semi-successful movies? I've seen Penny on 2 Lifetime movies, short parts even, when my gf would be watching them, and I saw Stewart in Sweet Home Alabama on there as well.

speedline

Banned
The show's grown on me in reruns. I'm curious, did Sheldon ever get the better of Wil Wheaton or did they just drop that? I find that recurring storyline amusing. Probably because I always disliked Wesley Crusher.

Yes, sort of. While at the comic shop, Wil drops in to invite Stuart over for a party and the guys happened to be in the shop so they were all invited to a party at Wil Wheatons house and of course Sheldon refused to go. Then he found out Brent Spiner was going to be there and Sheldon has always related to the Data character from Star Trek so he decided to show up.

Wheaton tells Sheldon that he wants to make good with him on that signed wesley crusher action figured mint in package, so he gives him his last one. Sheldon is ecstatic and proclaims them as friends. Brent Spiner comes into the room and says something like "Oh, I havent seen these in years", then takes the figure and rips open the package. Sheldon then proclaims that Brent Spiner has now placed himself on his list of people he hates. That's the last we've seen of Wil Wheaton, so I'm guessing the rivalry has resolved itself.

Kazerei

Banned
I finally watched the premiere, and I thought it was solid. It introduced the situation in each relationship, and set things up for the rest of the season. I'm kind of tired of Sheldon/Amy, but at least Howard/Penny and Raj/Stuart are going somewhere. Humor was generally on par for BBT. This isn't a great quality series, but it's fun to watch anyways.

Yes, sort of. While at the comic shop, Wil drops in to invite Stuart over for a party and the guys happened to be in the shop so they were all invited to a party at Wil Wheatons house and of course Sheldon refused to go. Then he found out Brent Spiner was going to be there and Sheldon has always related to the Data character from Star Trek so he decided to show up.

Wheaton tells Sheldon that he wants to make good with him on that signed wesley crusher action figured mint in package, so he gives him his last one. Sheldon is ecstatic and proclaims them as friends. Brent Spiner comes into the room and says something like "Oh, I havent seen these in years", then takes the figure and rips open the package. Sheldon then proclaims that Brent Spiner has now placed himself on his list of people he hates. That's the last we've seen of Wil Wheaton, so I'm guessing the rivalry has resolved itself.
I thought Wil was at Howard's bachelor party after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom