• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Borderlands 2 DLC - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
2nd dlc already, wow way too soon, way way too soon.

Why would you say that? Its not like they force you to buy it. People like you man, SMH.

With a game like this more content is a welcome thing and hats off to them that they seem to actually have things lined up like an assembly line ready to roll off onto the show room floor for the waiting consumers with cash in hand.

Its not like other bullshit in the past with Mass Effect 3 and the whole Prothean Fiasco with the Javik addon which really is a big part of the story personally. This is a SP/MP loot game with a story tacked on as a bonus. So more content the better. Helps as a continuous selling point for said game also. Its not like they are withholding important plot information just to make an extra buck unlike other companies do.

The first borderlands it took too long in between periods of the games release and when the new content came out personally. And the speed we are seeing here is refreshing.

Cartman86

Banned
Why would you say that? Its not like they force you to buy it. People like you man, SMH.

With a game like this more content is a welcome thing and hats off to them that they seem to actually have things lined up like an assembly line ready to roll off onto the show room floor for the waiting consumers with cash in hand.

Its not like other bullshit in the past with Mass Effect 3 and the whole Prothean Fiasco with the Javik addon which really is a big part of the story personally. This is a SP/MP loot game with a story tacked on as a bonus. So more content the better. Helps as a continuous selling point for said game also. Its not like they are withholding important plot information just to make an extra buck unlike other companies do.

The first borderlands it took too long in between periods of the games release and when the new content came out personally. And the speed we are seeing here is refreshing.

For me playing multiplayer games is a study in human psychology. Getting friends together, not getting bored of a game etc are really important and releasing so much DLC so fast can over-saturate us especially when there are so many other games to play. Releasing too late can be bad too of course.

Parakeetman

For me playing multiplayer games is a study in human psychology. Getting friends together, not getting bored of a game etc are really important and releasing so much DLC so fast can over-saturate us especially when there are so many other games to play. Releasing too late can be bad too of course.

As stated again. What does it matter if its released quickly. Its not that it forces you to buy it. Its an option there for you & your friend to purchase when ready.

Its incredible how people dont see something the situation in the most simple terms as that above.

I would have a problem with it if this was cut content from an already short game. But with Borderlands 2, its anything but the situation.

sneaky77

is not like they announced a date yet. but with some people having spent 160 hrs on it already I. see why gearbox may be increasing speed on it

By the way, how long is the Pirate's DLC? Kotaku says 6 hours for the main story, so does that mean it's much longer than that if you do all the side quests?

And did Gearbox confirm that each DLC in the season pass will be campaigns and not Mad Moxxi stuff?

Derrick01

Banned
I seriously wish every developer could get their DLC out this fast and at the same quality that almost all the Borderlands DLC is at. Although this sounds kind of like a Moxx-type DLC so I'm a little cautious, Moxxi's DLC in the 1st game is the only terrible one.

Parakeetman

The only reason why I didnt care for the moxxi DLC was due to the fact it got fucking stupid hard.

Asides from that I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

SO MUCH DLC

Glad I payed for the First Season Pass.

Bring on Season Pass Two!

Got rid of the mask already so fast? lol

Parakeetman

Gotta say Salvadore's is the most awesome out of the bunch with the new heads from the pic Ive seen.

Torgue sucks, maliwan is what the cool kids use, also give me a new class and lvl cap increase and you've got my money gearbox.

Daigoro

As stated again. What does it matter if its released quickly. Its not that it forces you to buy it. Its an option there for you & your friend to purchase when ready.

Its incredible how people dont see something the situation in the most simple terms as that above.

I would have a problem with it if this was cut content from an already short game. But with Borderlands 2, its anything but the situation.

i think what he wrote was pretty clear. no need to restate something you said one post up.

Parakeetman

Im sad that Dahl weapons are not as good in this game as they were in BL. Or at least it sure seems that way.

Torgue is only useful to me if you are using the siren with the ability that ups the speed of the bullets fired. Asides from that its a huge no thank you. :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's pretty much the only good thing from torgue.

Do we even know the date yet or are people just yelling "too soon!" for the heck of it?

Awesome. I figure this is the one that should come with the raised level cap.

Do we even know the date yet or are people just yelling "too soon!" for the heck of it?

They probably just added the trophies for the sake of it. The DLC is probably somewhere further down the line.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's way too fast.

I guess Quantity over Quality.

Parakeetman

Id say people are just being stupid.

No content people cry.

New content people cry.

Really?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Guh, I was going to buy this over Black Friday but maybe I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition and just get that.

Sheesh. This is almost as bad as on-disc DLC.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The only people compaining are ones that haven't played the game. I remember an interview with Randy that said they had two DLC teams that started right after the game went gold in August. He said the first and second were in great shape and that the third and fourth were in preproduction phases. They're probably doing two smaller packs soon after release and two larger packs later on.

Guh, I was going to buy this over Black Friday but maybe I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition and just get that.

Sheesh. This is almost as bad as on-disc DLC.

It's not at all. Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game that is well worth its asking price. The lineup of DLC looks like it's going to be great and as far as I'm concerned this is the right way to do DLC. Comparing Gearbox's DLC strategy to on-disc DLC is fucking ridiculous.

If you want to hold out a year for a GotY edition by all means do so, it's a reasonable decision to make. Just don't decry one of the better examples of DLC support just because Gearbox dare provide a healthy stream of fresh extra content that they ask players pay for.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
30 hours first time through. Going on to 84 hours now.

If borderlands 2 isn't fully featured than I don't know what game is.

Gong

2135844_o.gif

Dammit, slow down Gearbox!

Cartman86

Banned

I'm not angry at them, or full of moral outrage like they are ripping me off or something. My point is that my attention as a human being is being pushed and pulled constantly in different directions and the tiniest things can alter perceptions. Especially when you add 3 other people into the mix. I don't what the solution is for perfect timing on all this stuff, but I can easily see myself or my buddies getting behind in this crowded holiday season and just not coming back to it. It doesn't matter if we wait to buy it. At some point you just don't come back. Ultimately I've gotten my values worth from the base game, so it's not a huge deal, but I think for Gearbox it must be a thing they think about when trying to keep sales ups throughout the DLC releases. The Season Pass probably helps...

H3xum

What happened to General Knoxx in scope?

The first DLC certainly is not and if this is happening this soon, I refuse to believe this will touch it either.

Another season pass bites me in the ass

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
They're taking this "Season" pass shit seriously. "Guys, they're losing daylight in Alaska. Step on it."

Yaska

By the way, how long is the Pirate's DLC? Kotaku says 6 hours for the main story, so does that mean it's much longer than that if you do all the side quests?

And did Gearbox confirm that each DLC in the season pass will be campaigns and not Mad Moxxi stuff?

I finished the pirate dlc with a friend in normal mode in around 4-4.5 hours, but we did most of the side quests. Haven't done it yet in true vault hunter mode. We were both around lvl 32 when we did it.

alba

Little is the new Big
You are terrible people.

Torgue and the Star Wars themed DLC were already discussed pre-release. Do we have any info on the last 2?

I'm cool with everything, I just really really like the Jakobs brand, what can I say? ;)

Regarding this one though, I agree it's really fast but hearing that Gearbox didn't actually develop that much of the first DLC, hopefully this one is but let's see what it offers first before we get our pitchforks :)

Top Bottom