• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Borderlands 2 DLC - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

glaurung

moredlcmore.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I love Borderlands 2, but this is getting released too soon...

3 DLCs that are ten bucks each released in a three week span, that's just beyond COD crazy

I'm level 20 now. So if I stop the main quest and play the DLC then go back to the main game, I will probably be over leveled right?

Yep. I recommend doing it after you finish playthru 1 while playing TVHM. Being overleveled during the first playthru ruins the game because you basically mow everything down. Being overleveled in TVHM is a blessing.

H3xum

I don't think they would repeat the Moxxi mistake. I hope not.

They said all of the season pass dlc would be campaign-centric, so, no Moxxi as a part of that unless its built into a story line, but it most certainly won't drop as a standalone release.

Perhaps as part of the side DLC

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
Yep. I recommend doing it after you finish playthru 1 while playing TVHM. Being overleveled during the first playthru ruins the game because you basically mow everything down. Being overleveled in TVHM is a blessing.

I can do the DLC in both play throughs if I wanted right? First run and TVHM? Wouldn't that make me overpowered in both.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why are people saying too soon? There is no date on this. They could have just added the trophies to piggy back on a patch, and this will be out in a month or something.

Why are people saying too soon? There is no date on this. They could have just added the trophies to piggy back on a patch, and this will be out in a month or something.

Well, usually when a new DLC gets added to the trophy section after a patch, it comes out in the next week or two. sometimes even sooner.

fightclubdoll

Neo Member
Checked the trophies after the new patch that got released for PS3 earlier, a new DLC has been added to the trophy section.

Its called: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.

It has three trophies:

1 Bronze -
Explosive - Complete the mission "Long Way To The Top".
1 Silver -
Motorhead - Completed all Campaign of Carnage side missions.
1 Gold -
Obsessed - Collected 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage.

Are you sure about the ranking order of those achievements/trophies, because....
based on Captain Scarlett, it would appear that the EXPLOSIVE achievement should be the gold one and OBSESSED should be the bronze.

(Also, the trophies have been published in a few places now, but not ranked.)

fightclubdoll

Neo Member
To be fair, the Pirate one was announced and came out like two weeks later.

It was actually not that long. It was announced 1-2 days after the major leaks. And it launched just 5 days following the official announcement.

Mechromancer was also launched much earlier than projected and then surprise released a week before the announced date.

Gearbox has some strong coffee... it's all running way ahead of schedule over there.

(Now... if they'd confirm a fix for the Badass Rank Bug, I'd be especially happy.)

fightclubdoll

Neo Member
There's a decent chance that these voice files might play a part in it.

Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 1.wav=EXPLOOOOOSIONS! TORGUE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 2.wav=BUY TORGUE OR YOU'RE STUPID!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 3.wav=TORGUE GUNS MAKE THINGS EXPLODE! END OF SALES PITCH!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 4.wav=Is something NOT exploding? Torgue guns will fix that!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 5.wav=Every single shot fired from a torgue gun has the chance to explode. What the F*CK else do you need to know?!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 6.wav=TORGUE! Because subtlety is for ASSHOLES!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 7.wav=Do not buy torgue guns if you are allergic to AWESOMENESS! Or poly-kryten plating.
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 8.wav=TORGUE! EXPLOSIONS! EXPLOSIONS! TORGUE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_0 9.wav=If you don't love explosions, you're a BITCH! TORGUE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vend_Machine_Idle_1 0.wav=Torgue weapons include everything good in the world. Death! Explosions! Quality workmanship! Explosions! A commitment to customer service and the undying FOR ****'S SAKE EXPLOSIOOOOONS!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_01.wav= NOW BLOW SOME SH*T UP!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_02.wav= MOTHAF*CKIN' SEE YA!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_03.wav= TESTOSTERONE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_04.wav= IF YOU DON'T COME BACK I'MA BE PISSED!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_05.wav= (explosion noise)
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_06.wav= EXPLOOOSIOOOOOOOOOOONS!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_07.wav= NOW GO PUNCH SOME BAD GUYS IN THE DICK!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_08.wav= THANKS FOR BROWSING OUR WARES, YOU BADASS MOTHAF*CKA!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_09.wav= TORGUE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Bye_10.wav= TOODLES!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_01 .wav=Aw F*CK YEAH!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_02 .wav=GODDAMN RIGHT!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_03 .wav=(sick guitar riff)
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_04 .wav=CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE NOT A *****!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_05 .wav=NOW YOU'RE A BADASS!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_06 .wav=THINGS ARE GONNA EXPLOOOOOODE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_07 .wav=THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_08 .wav=THAT IS THE SMARTEST PURCHASE YOU HAVE EVER GODDAMN MADE!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_09 .wav=KEEP BUYIN, MOTHAF*CKA!
Voices\English(US)\VOCT_Torgue_Vending_Purchase_10 .wav=YOU HAVE MADE ME PROUD!

BUT... who knows?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
What I find funny is that even after the complaints they still put the arenas in 2, they're still boring as all hell. They're just too boring and drag on for far too long.

They dont do anything interesting with them. They are just kind of boring and simply designed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I haven't even finished the main game yet, these guys are pumping out content like crazy.

Im in the same boat but am 100% ok with that. Just gives me something to look forward when I make the decision to purchase it. Only thing thats stopping me from doing it right now is spotflux does not seem to play nicely with steam anymore when it comes to trying to DL things. Game doesnt release in Japan yet till the 25th of this month. Fucking PC IP regioning bullshit...

Majukun

but..where is the release date?
AFAIK we only have the new objectives from the update..no word about when this DLC is released....

All the Torgue hate is funny. As a shotgun lover the Ravager is still my close range killer. I love my Conference Calls but the Ravager is a Beast up close!

warerare

I loved the original Borderlands but after all the DLC for that game I decided to wait on a GOTY edition for the sequel. Now I am waiting for the GOTY Wii U announcement

jediyoshi

Well judging from the other posts, seems like this is getting released next week, but who knows when they are actually releasing it

Uninformed comments will do that.

I loved the original Borderlands but after all the DLC for that game I decided to wait on a GOTY edition for the sequel. Now I am waiting for the GOTY Wii U announcement

I'm not sure why you'd only start paying attention to something that'd matter that much to you after the game was released. I literally don't think they could be more upfront with how much DLC they would be releasing outside of selling it ahead of time.

Top Bottom