• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Teases "The Reload."

No it doesn't.

Sure, it can seem that way. Given the store is supposed to launch on the 23rd and you could easily use the term "reload" as a means to describe a relaunch of something. Perhaps Sony wanted to market the new store using a "Michael" style ad... bring some exposure to the store and draw people to it. Even the original title was "The Arrival" which could've also been used to hint at the new store. Also, the background wallpaper and the area she is in completely different from the "Michael" ads before which made me think of the store redesign.

It could just as easily be Battle Royale with the Ape Escape nod though and with the game coming up, but my initial thought on the ad was that it was for the store.

Carl

Sure, it can seem that way. Given the store is supposed to launch on the 23rd and you could easily use the term "reload" as a means to describe a relaunch of something. Perhaps Sony wanted to market the new store using a "Michael" style ad... bring some exposure to the store and draw people to it. Even the original title was "The Arrival" which could've also been used to hint at the new store. Also, the background wallpaper and the area she is in completely different from the "Michael" ads before which made me think of the store redesign.

It could just as easily be Battle Royale with the Ape Escape nod though and with the game coming up, but my initial thought on the ad was that it was for the store.

Or the arrival of anything. The characters from PSABR. Maybe even the arrival of Christmas.

I can't see any reason they would do an advert for the new-look store, lol

Or the arrival of anything. The characters from PSABR. Maybe even the arrival of Christmas.

I can't see any reason they would do an advert for the new-look store, lol

Hence the word "could've"... but I'm an not saying anything as a matter of fact, but as my own observation. I can see why Sony would want to push the store more publicly, especially if they are really starting to really ramp up day one digital downloads. It might not be the store at all and I won't be surprised if it isn't, but we're all guessing and taking shots in the dark about what it could be. You'll disagree, so be it.

Carl

Hence the word "could've"... but I'm an not saying anything as a matter of fact, but as an observation. I also provided my reasons for why I think it could be the store. It might not and I won't be surprised if it isn't. That is fun of this thread... we're all guessing! You'll disagree, so be it.

I'm not saying you're wrong for having an opinion, just having a discussion about why i think it's not the Store.

But okay.

I'm not saying you're wrong for having an opinion, just having a discussion about why i think it's not the Store.

But okay.

Well it barely sounded like a discussion to me, but I guess I interpreted it wrong. It has been a very, very long day...

Sintoid

It has 11.5 million views. That's a lot of views for something that advertises all of their games.

And that's more than just "gamers".

I don't think that those views had any effect on the Sony market. Sony marketing is too complicated, less direct than Microsoft/Nintendo one (Black japanese singer for white Vita anyone?)
Making complicated marketing campaigns for gamers that feel proud of being gamer (and don't buy your games) in a moment of market that rewards industries that look to other kind of cosumers is, from a certain point of view, admirable but on the other hand is a suicide

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't think that those views had any effect on the Sony market. Sony marketing is too complicated, less direct than Microsoft/Nintendo one (Black japanese singer for white Vita anyone?)
Making complicated marketing campaigns for gamers that feel proud of being gamer (and don't buy your games) in a moment of market that rewards industries that look to other kind of cosumers is, from a certain point of view, admirable but on the other hand is a suicide

The commercial was an incredible hit and obviously struck a cord with a vast amount of people. It helped strengthen the brand and got people talking about Sony right before last year's holiday shopping season.

It was clearly a success, so it only makes sense they'd follow up on it.

Tagg9

I'm not sure why everyone assumes it's a new product. It just seems like the start of Sony's Christmas marketing campaign.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm not sure why everyone assumes it's a new product. It just seems like the start of Sony's Christmas marketing campaign.

I think you're right, but the fact All-Stars seems to be their title this holiday combined with the Michael ad's use of mascots can only lead to people wondering if there'll be some more direct tie-in.

The store redesign, All-Stars, the new PS3, Vita's first western Christmas... there's a lot they need to get behind. This commercial will likely have a ton of mascots (obviously Cole) and perhaps act as double awareness for All-Stars and the PS brand.

Drake

untitledlzkze.png

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted location + Jak & Daxter runes?

They show the typewriter keys too, so, if anyone has too much time on their hands, they can probably decipher what she's typing.

EDIT: Well, its definitely not "Dear Playstation", there isn't enough letters in the 2nd word.

Endo Punk

I look forward to when PSASBR bombs and Sony can go back to the drawing board and give it to a better studio. Fuck Superbot!

V_Ben

Banned
I look forward to when PSASBR bombs and Sony can go back to the drawing board and give it to a better studio. Fuck Superbot!

Jesus Christ, took you long enough to show up and start your own peculiar brand of assery here too. Well done. Now fuck off.

The stuff on the typewriter is definitely precursor runes... Hope there's actually a message and its not just gibberish.

Endo Punk

I'm telling ya this game looks like a bomb and will not be critically received. Not to mention November is going to be all about COD and Halo. Now I like these characters as much as the next guy but they are terribly represented in this shit game. Suck it fanboys!

Averon

You think if PSASBR bombs Sony will go back to the drawing board? Not bloody likely. They'll close Superbot down and never attempt a mash-up like PSASBR again.

I'm telling ya this game looks like a bomb and will not be critically received. Not to mention November is going to be all about COD and Halo. Now I like these characters as much as the next guy but they are terribly represented in this shit game. Suck it fanboys!

Oh boy, this isn't the place for your meltdown dude. Take it somewhere else.

Endo Punk

You think if PSASBR bombs Sony will go back to the drawing board? Not bloody likely. They'll close Superbot down and never attempt a mash-up like PSASBR again.

Is that why PS fans feel obligated to like the game? Seriously I rather a mash up never occur than one done as poorly as this game.

Did Superbot kick your dog? They've done a great job on PSASBR. Before the beta I was still unsure of the gameplay but after playing it It was amazing. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.

Top Bottom