• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Oyashrio-Sama
(11-14-2012, 07:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Oyashrio-Sama

Oh! I also have that $20 I got back from October... Well... I guess that settles that.

If this doesn't come out at 12:01.... I swear to god Grace Chen!... >:(

Done deal, I'm going digital with this bad boy!
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 07:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Drencrom

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/...ingserbjudande

Fuckin gamestop didn't ask for email or anything grr. They better have the code ready along with steelbox when I go pick it up. So salty it's too late for me to go digital :(.
antic604
Banned
(11-14-2012, 07:43 PM)
I was shocked to see it, but the game was already available last Friday 12th Nov in Saturn stores in Warsaw, Poland. I snatched it at once, because my son wanted it desperately for his birthday - he was willing to wait 5 weeks for it, luckily it turned out 3 was enough :-)

Anyway, the game is much better than I expected. I only saw my son play it, but the mechanics seem fun, with a lot of depth for those that want to dive in, but simple enough for button mashing. The 'campaigns' are quite short - my son started with Ratchet on easy difficulty and within 30-40 minutes went through to Polygon boss and conquered it. Then he started with Sly on middle difficulty and it's already much tougher. Obviously the on-line doesn't work yet and I'm yet to see how it plays for 1-4 players locally. There's a code for free Vita download, but I don't have one so can't say how it compares.

The thing that impressed me the most is graphics - very detailed, sharp, with barely any jaggies, colourful and very lively. The stages change and morph all the time, mixing themes and objects from various PlayStation games. So far my favourites were GoW, Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted and the final level with Polygon.

Will try to make some time to play it over the weekend and will report back!
Last edited by antic604; 11-14-2012 at 07:53 PM.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-14-2012, 07:44 PM)
yeah okay I highly dislike what I played of this game and I pretty much hate it in principle

but Polygon Man being the final boss is pretty fucking badass
Drencrom
(11-14-2012, 07:45 PM)
Let this be a lesson to you Frank; never buy anything from gamestop, they're pure dogshit.

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

I wouldn't have but fuckin Sony let me to believe it was the only fuckin place to get the costumes and they gave info on digital preorder fuckin WEEK before release ;(.

That's why you should've waited until a week before release like yours truly.
Last edited by Drencrom; 11-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 07:48 PM)

Let this be a lesson to you Frank; never buy anything from gamestop, they're pure dogshit.

I wouldn't have but fuckin Sony let me to believe it was the only fuckin place to get the costumes and they gave info on digital preorder fuckin WEEK before release ;(.
Vysetron
(11-14-2012, 07:50 PM)

This is true. I have a friend who works for Gamestop and the stories I hear are rarely happy. I'm getting my copy from there, but only because it's literally next door to my work and I know the employees. Not a fan of the chain.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(11-14-2012, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by xKilltheMx

I remember Sony got rid of all their street dates but maybe they reinstated them?

Not knowing whether this is street dated is the only thing keeping me from a digital preorder. I would love to stumble upon this over the weekend.
2n2
(11-14-2012, 07:57 PM)
Well, I'm giving up a discount at Newegg to go digital. I much prefer it for convenience. The preorder costumes better be included or I'll be bummed. That and hopefully if there's any update in the near future it will be in the form of downloadable patches.
uncleniccius
(11-14-2012, 08:06 PM)
Any way to watch the livestream on Vita?
Does the Youtube app allow livestreams?
JStein0222
(11-14-2012, 08:06 PM)
That extra $20 I got from spending $100 in October completely went towards this game on the PSN. Worked out pretty well

Some new info I'm seeing around from supposed leaks in case anyone is curious

-You unlock minions on Level 8 and costumes on Level 10
-1 playthrough of the character's arcade mode is enough to get to level 10
-there are 6 difficulty settings for CPUs
-Minions exist to cheer you on, ex: when you kill everyone with a Super they appear with fireworks.
-Rivalry cutscenes are CGI but opening cutscenes are hand-drawn images.
Last edited by JStein0222; 11-14-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Lord Phol
(11-14-2012, 08:28 PM)

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/...ingserbjudande

The costume pack is included

Whaaat!? Oh man, I just checked that site out like 4-5 days ago and there was no info about pre-order costumes D:. So I ordered it from http://www.megastore.se/template/nex...84&source=1900 instead. Hope I get them anyways :x. At least I got free shipping, yay.
Last edited by Lord Phol; 11-14-2012 at 08:30 PM.
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by antic604

So far my favourites were GoW, Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted and the final level with Polygon.

Can You please detail this??

That's why you should've waited until a week before release like yours truly.

Argh, paid $5 for the preorder at EB Games-- problem is these guys have covers that NEVER have inside cover art. Do you get inside cover art, other Canada GAF? Maybe I should cancel and go digital

Originally Posted by JStein0222

That extra $20 I got from spending $100 in October completely went towards this game on the PSN. Worked out pretty well

Some new info I'm seeing around from supposed leaks in case anyone is curious

-You unlock minions on Level 8 and costumes on Level 10
-1 playthrough of the character's arcade mode is enough to get to level 10
-there are 6 difficulty settings for CPUs
-Minions exist to cheer you on, ex: when you kill everyone with a Super they appear with fireworks.
-Rivalry cutscenes are CGI but opening cutscenes are hand-drawn images.

That last point sounds like it could get trashed on, unless other fighter games do the same thing? I know games like Tekkn 5 did it, but that was last gen. How does Smash do it?
Mik_Pad
(11-14-2012, 08:39 PM)
Separate trophy list for vita confirmed by Mr. Moriarty

https://twitter.com/notaxation/statu...08396378095616
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 08:40 PM)
So I just read how the final boss plays from PS forums:

If you thought that it was going to be a fight withPolygon characters, pat yourself on the back and have a cookie!

It goes as follows, and this is what the person told me..

"Polygon summons a single polygon enemy, (didnt say if it was specific or randomized). Once you kill that enemy, you can attack polygon man and hurt him a bit.

Afterwards he retreats, summons 2 polygon enemies, then after killing them, you attack Polygon man and hurt him more. again he retreats.

Lastly he summons 3, same deal, only you kill polygon man after those 3. Thats the boss fight in a nutshell

And as i was typing this he said the stage is "on a purple stage, like the rivals' blue stage"

Thoughts?
SmithnCo
(11-14-2012, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by antic604

I was shocked to see it, but the game was already available last Friday 12th Nov in Saturn stores in Warsaw, Poland. I snatched it at once, because my son wanted it desperately for his birthday - he was willing to wait 5 weeks for it, luckily it turned out 3 was enough :-)

Anyway, the game is much better than I expected. I only saw my son play it, but the mechanics seem fun, with a lot of depth for those that want to dive in, but simple enough for button mashing. The 'campaigns' are quite short - my son started with Ratchet on easy difficulty and within 30-40 minutes went through to Polygon boss and conquered it. Then he started with Sly on middle difficulty and it's already much tougher. Obviously the on-line doesn't work yet and I'm yet to see how it plays for 1-4 players locally. There's a code for free Vita download, but I don't have one so can't say how it compares.

The thing that impressed me the most is graphics - very detailed, sharp, with barely any jaggies, colourful and very lively. The stages change and morph all the time, mixing themes and objects from various PlayStation games. So far my favourites were GoW, Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted and the final level with Polygon.

Thanks for the impressions. Do you know if you play the level with Polygon Man in multiplayer or is it just for story mode?
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 08:42 PM)
You know what's sad, all the modes that were leaked arent going to be in the game :(

I mean, CTF, Free Roam, etc. Those sounded cool.

I hope the stat tracking is super deep
B.O.O.M
(11-14-2012, 08:46 PM)
Must resist reading the final boss info

at least tell me how it sounds? good? bad? meh? omfgsogood?
uncleniccius
(11-14-2012, 08:46 PM)
Do trophies sync between systems? I would love to feel like I have earnt two for this game.
SmithnCo
(11-14-2012, 08:59 PM)

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

Sounds about like we expected. Nothing groundbreaking but seems okay.
B.O.O.M
(11-14-2012, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by SmithnCo

Better than bad...I'll take it! lol
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 09:00 PM)

doesnt even sound like u get to fight him...
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(11-14-2012, 09:01 PM)

Originally Posted by B.O.O.M

I think it's lame but I have to see for myself.
Kouichi
(11-14-2012, 09:06 PM)
Ugh, I'm so curious too. I shall resist.
Coolbgdog12
(11-14-2012, 09:14 PM)
Nah I'm good I don't want to feel like when I play the full game I just simply unlocked the rest of the stuff I seen already.
Zabuza
Banned
(11-14-2012, 09:16 PM)
Trophy list looks damn easy.
JStein0222
(11-14-2012, 09:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Zabuza

I'll be mega surprised if I don't platinum the game in the within the first week
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Zabuza

That's cause it is.

Stream starts in 30 minutes.

I hope the OT is ready tomorrow. Sounded like Mink was having trouble tho :/.
SmithnCo
(11-14-2012, 09:32 PM)

I'll be mega surprised if I don't platinum the game in the within the first week

First couple days maybe, looks incredibly easy.
JStein0222
(11-14-2012, 09:35 PM)

First couple days maybe, looks incredibly easy.

Yeah it really just depends on how long everything takes/how much time I actually decide to spend in random online the first week
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 09:35 PM)
Who wants to have a Race to Plat?
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by TimeEffect

Who wants to have a Race to Plat?

If you can wait till I get my game :3.
SmithnCo
(11-14-2012, 09:37 PM)

Yeah it really just depends on how long everything takes/how much time I actually decide to spend in random online the first week

Playing through arcade with everyone might be the most tedious part, but since you can get up to level 10 and get all their costumes it'll be worth doing just for that.
Darknessbear
(11-14-2012, 09:46 PM)
Where's the trophy list?
TimeEffect
(11-14-2012, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

If you can wait till I get my game :3.

Just subtract the trophy dates :P

I wish the plat was harder though, I mean, where are the trophies for challenge mode?

This stream is the last chance to reveal any new modes like free roam, ctf, koth... I just really want them to show off Challenge mode. So much potential, but I keep fearing they did a bare minimum with it.
B.O.O.M
(11-14-2012, 09:49 PM)
So stream in 10mins?
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by TimeEffect

Just subtract the trophy dates :P

I wish the plat was harder though, I mean, where are the trophies for challenge mode?

This stream is the last chance to reveal any new modes like free roam, ctf, koth... I just really want them to show off Challenge mode. So much potential, but I keep fearing they did a bare minimum with it.

They will show some whacky FFA games in metropolis with Kratos, Radec, Sweet Tooth and Parappa :3.
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 10:00 PM)
SQUIRTLE!

Stream has started.
SSReborn
(11-14-2012, 10:01 PM)
Desert Drake !
SmithnCo
(11-14-2012, 10:02 PM)
They're going to show arcade mode. (eventually)
Mik_Pad
Post impressions please!! Im at work.
The Grim Heaper
there's no bgm boooo
Napalm_Frank
Desert Drake

SHOCKING NEWS!
pantsmith
(11-14-2012, 10:03 PM)
Watching the stream right now, and I start wondering...

Have any "figureheads" of new/niche game become as iconic, as quickly, as Omar has?

Obviously he's not Miyamoto, and he's not even Tak Fuji, but the PSBR communities are all in love with his iconic deadpan (he dresses well, too. hah) Even my friend was like "Who is this super serious guy I keep seeing in All Stars stuff?"

Are we looking at a future gaming celebrity?
Napalm_Frank
(11-14-2012, 10:04 PM)

Originally Posted by pantsmith

Have any "figureheads" of a game become as iconic, as quickly, as Omar has?

Obviously he's not Miyamoto, and he's not even Tak Fuji, but the PSBR communities are all in love with his iconic dead pan (he dresses well, too. hah)

He just stands out since he allways looks like he wants to kill everyone in the room :3.
Donthizz#
(11-14-2012, 10:05 PM)
overtime, yes..
Sid
(11-14-2012, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by pantsmith

Have any "figureheads" of new/niche game become as iconic, as quickly, as Omar has?

Obviously he's not Miyamoto, and he's not even Tak Fuji, but the PSBR communities are all in love with his iconic deadpan (he dresses well, too. hah) Even my friend was like "Who is this super serious guy I keep seeing in All Stars stuff?"

Omar is iconic? I thought people just saw him as a generic bald guy.
xKilltheMx
Watching the stream so hard. yesss tuesdayyy
cyborg009
Omar Said #YOPO