• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Hard Mode and Time Attack free DLC coming on 12/4

Shinta

Banned
With this and the RE6 update in December, I'll be pretty busy. Dragon's Dogma really needed a hard mode, so this is fantastic.

Kyon

Banned
This is what I am wondering too.

Mess
52b0f867.gif

Nice! Shame I've been spoiled by all this PC gaming lately.
Dragon's Dogma is one of the best games this year but it is a technical mess.

Hopefully the difficulty changes actually make the night threatening for my sorcerer posse. And hopefully they nerfed Maelstrom a bit, and made the other magic a bit more potent so I actually have a reason to use the other spells.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hopefully the difficulty changes actually make the night threatening for my sorcerer posse. And hopefully they nerfed Maelstrom a bit, and made the other magic a bit more potent so I actually have a reason to use the other spells.

No no no, I hope they don't, Maelstrom is glorious :D

Anyways, not that Maelstrom really mattered against the real opponents anyways, the giants and Chimeras and the like.

Sold it when I realized NG+ was stupidly designed to not increase difficulty. I bought it again yesterday for 9.99 from the Microsoft store.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Still can't believe hard mode counts as DLC now
At least it's free.

I think this one is more a matter of the game needed more polish and balancing. Had it baked a bit longer, I suspect hard mode would have already been in there.

Foxix Von

Yeah, I was kinda joking. I loved the game but the terrible visual fidelity made me not finish it.

Yeah pretty far from the best IQ I'ver ever seen, although it makes me excited about a sequel on next gen systems. Oh man...

I remember both had different problems. I think 360 has tearing and PS3 has low framerate. But they are still playable and really fun.
Yup, as usual, pick your poison. I went for the PS3 version. Screen tearing grates on my nerves hard.

Shinta

Banned
Yeah pretty far from the best IQ I'ver ever seen, although it makes me excited about a sequel on next gen systems. Oh man...

That's part of the reason the game is so amazing, and deserves everyone's support. It's Capcom's first attempt at an open world action RPG. They've already dramatically surpassed every other contender in terms of combat and gameplay. If people actually support this and let it grow into a real franchise, it will only help the genre get better. People don't need to nitpick about FPS, the game is awesome.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ive been waiting for a sale for this for so long im not giving into buying it now. When it hits the 29.99 sweet spot i will plunge, same for RE 6. But just out of principal now i am not buying it until it drops. Not everyone can be up at 3am to snag a limited 10$ copy.

Could this Time Attack mode be explained a little more, because my Japanese is a little rusty.

Are we talking an arena with waves of enemies or a mode to speed run through the game?

Dresden

Here's hoping that Hard mode is actually hard.

360 is the way to go unless you like >20 fps whenever there's action on the screen.

Sold it when I realized NG+ was stupidly designed to not increase difficulty. I bought it again yesterday for 9.99 from the Microsoft store.

When does NG+ ever incur an increase in difficulty? I thought the whole point of a NG+, as evidenced by classics like Chrono Trigger and newer games like Xenoblade, is that NG+ is intended to make you feel like an uber-badass.

Anyway, my fiancee has been waiting for this and will be pleased by the news. I can't wait to see her blow through the speed run mode - she has this freaking game memorized.

Foxix Von

That's part of the reason the game is so amazing, and deserves everyone's support. It's Capcom's first attempt at an open world action RPG. They've already dramatically surpassed every other contender in terms of combat and gameplay. If people actually support this and let it grow into a real franchise, it will only help the genre get better. People don't need to nitpick about FPS, the game is awesome.

haha, I wasn't really intending to nitpick. It's one of the few games that I've gotten a platinum in and by far the most memorable title released this year. Definitely my favorite title to come out this year on consoles. I'll be incredibly upset of it doesn't get any GOTY awards.

When does NG+ ever incur an increase in difficulty? I thought the whole point of a NG+, as evidenced by classics like Chrono Trigger and newer games like Xenoblade, is that NG+ is intended to make you feel like an uber-badass.

Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Borderlands, Borderlands 2. I can go on.

Skilletor

I got it in gamestop's b2g1 sale. Bought two xmas gifts for some siblings and got this for me. :)

Hoping to start a bit tonight. Stupid school. :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Borderlands, Borderlands 2. I can go on.

There's no one right way to do NG+. Plenty of games involve a difficulty increase, plenty don't.

In the case of DD they miscalculated as it's closer to Dark Souls than Chrono Trigger. Or, just as likely IMO they didn't have time to actually properly balance and test a higher difficulty. Capcom has been rushing games out left and right due to their rolling financial crisis.

There's no one right way to do NG+. Plenty of games involve a difficulty increase, plenty don't.

There's a wrong way to do it - the Dragon's Dogma way. Unless it was their goal to bore the living **** outa me. Really good game until that point though.

Dresden

The problem with DD's difficulty lies more with its leveling system, tbh. Even if they 'fixed' NG+ the problems will persist until they take a look at how stats scale with xp.

Top Bottom