• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Reveals [Use the new thread linked at the end of this one.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What if there's a Uncharted 4 trailer which ends with a Playstation 4 logo! There must be at least on next gen game trailer there. But they'll probably end the show with Guerillas next game.

I doubt we would get a next-gen Naughty Dog trailer at the same time they are showing off their next release, it would completely take the limelight off The Last of Us.

If we get anything for next-gen I imagine it would be a short teaser rather than any sort of real trailer showing anything that actually matters, lol.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Shit guys, what are the chances of Final Fantasy X HD or Lightning Returns being among the revelations ?

I think FFX HD has run away to wherever FFvsXIII is hiding, as for Lightning Returns (god that title is awful) I guess there is a chance of it appearing, they showed stuff off to the press after they announced it iirc so they might have sorted out some sort of trailer by now.

God please no, give that thing a rest and go full J&D mode ND pleeeeaaaase.

I can guarantee you the second team at Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 4, to be released at the launch or near the launch of the PS4. Sony is not repeating the PS3's mistakes. I'd also guess that Killzone 4 will be a launch title and possibly Gran Turismo 6.

I think FFX HD has run away to wherever FFvsXIII is hiding, as for Lightning Returns (god that title is awful) I guess there is a chance of it appearing, they showed stuff off to the press after they announced it iirc so they might have sorted out some sort of trailer by now.

At this point I think I care more about X HD than anything else Square is working on. It's probably a long shot, but fuck it would be awesome if the game ran on the Luminous Engine. At the very least, they have to redo the CG cutscenes, considering they are in 4:3@480i. Upscaling that shit wouldn't do any good.

I can guarantee you the second team at Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 4, to be released at the launch or near the launch of the PS4. Sony is not repeating the PS3's mistakes. I'd also guess that Killzone 4 will be a launch title and possibly Gran Turismo 6.

Whatever Sucker Punch is working on is probably for the PS4 as well.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lords of Shadow 2 is up for reveal?! ASDFNAQEKJADJ

GOD DAMN!

Also, I'm pretty sure Destiny (Bungie) is gonna have a reveal, after this week's leak, Geoff had a suspicious tweet very similar to Bungie's comment: "Well, that just happened".

Drago

I just want something completely unexpected to show up out of nowhere like last year. I'm really interested in seeing what the old school thing is.

Atruvius

God please no, give that thing a rest and go full J&D mode ND pleeeeaaaase.

I hope there will be more jaks made by ND but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen. But they totally should make a new cartoony platforming game for the next playstation.

squicken

I would really like to see something next gen. At this point I don't feel compelled to buy any game near release when the PC version will inevitably pop up months later for $10. I would like for them to show a game that I'm excited about purchasing on day one

Iacobellis

At this point I think I care more about X HD than anything else Square is working on. It's probably a long shot, but fuck it would be awesome if the game ran on the Luminous Engine. At the very least, they have to redo the CG cutscenes, considering they are in 4:3@480i. Upscaling that shit wouldn't do any good.

Gran Turismo 6 Prologue.

Dragon Age 3. Called it 6 months ago and I still am.

I used to think that, but on the BioWare forums, Chris Priestley has been saying not to expect anything related to Dragon Age 3 until the spring. That's sort of the sentiment that I've picked up when reading Mike Laidlaw and Mark Darrah's twitter whenever somebody asks for new info too.

GAMERG0D

I think the old school reveal is that Yoshi game for Wii U, I'm really hoping for it. My other hope for the VGAs is Fallout 4 but I really doubt it.

IHaveIce

Banned
What if there's a Uncharted 4 trailer which ends with a Playstation 4 logo! There must be at least on next gen game trailer there. But they'll probably end the show with Guerillas next game.

God please no, except for the PS4 logo part, give Uncharted finally a rest.

Also I would like to know if the VGAs will be streamable for anyone outside of the US, the XBL dashboard probably will only feature it on the US dashboard and the Spike website also had a region restriction the last time

FStop7

Banned
I thought Naughty Dog said they did an arc of 3 games per console for an IP, and that wrapped up Uncharted. So if there is an Uncharted 4 isn't it likely to be handled by another dev?

I thought Naughty Dog said they did an arc of 3 games per console for an IP, and that wrapped up Uncharted. So if there is an Uncharted 4 isn't it likely to be handled by another dev?

Nope. Naughty Dog has never said that they were making a trilogy with Uncharted. Their whole approach is that they have a bunch of stories that they can tell if people want to see them. People seem to look at their past record and think that it points to what they'll do in the future. They lost the Crash license which is why they stopped making them after three main games and a kart racer. And the Jak games had gone down in sales and critical acclaim as the series went on. That isn't an issue with Uncharted.

JoshHood

I'm most intrigued by the fact that there are apparently things there that Geoff isn't allowed to tease. So top top secret - gotta be next gen, surely?

Anyway, I'd like to see some Fortnite gameplay. Might happen seeing as it was originally a VGA reveal. And is *mysteriously* PC-only...

Geoff on Major Nelson podcast
Can add Bioshock and Tomb Raider to the list. Gears will show off the main enemy that hasn't been seen before. South Park gameplay will be shown.

Talks about the Xbox live stream, which will be smartglass enabled. Sam Jackson will be able to talk directly to Xbox Live community, Xbox live voting will impact the show.(even more teabagging this year?)

Talks about some of the game footage from the big games coming out next spring, then says there will be games shown that are coming "far beyond summer of 2013"

Gonna be a video package where Sam Jackson is inserted into a bunch of different games. All the former hosts will be back to celebrate 10 year anniversary.(Jack Black, Zach Levi, Snoop, Neil Patrick Harris)

Will be available on demand for 48 hours on Xbox Live after show ends. Pre show will start 1 hour before.

Tagg9

Nope. Naughty Dog has never said that they were making a trilogy with Uncharted. Their whole approach is that they have a bunch of stories that they can tell if people want to see them. People seem to look at their past record and think that it points to what they'll do in the future. They lost the Crash license which is why they stopped making them after three main games and a kart racer. And the Jak games had gone down in sales and critical acclaim as the series went on. That isn't an issue with Uncharted.

While they probably did go down in sales (although still comparable to R&C), Jak 3 was the best received game of the trilogy.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Man, VGAs are becoming way more important when it comes to reveals, no? Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, The Last of Us, etc.

Regarding that "next-gen" chatter, I wouldn't put much into it. I'm guessing a new tech demo for Unreal Engine 4?!

Also, if I was EA, I'd tease Respawn's game there. Perfect time to try and steal CoD's thunder and maybe to wipe the sour taste of Warfighter of everyone's mouth.

inky

Nintendo doing reveals at the vgas? what have you guys been smoking

Metroid FPS by Epic Games. Believe.

Bungie's thing will be there for sure, won't it?

Can't believe it's been a year since that Fortnight reveal and we know next to nothing about that, it looked interesting... if it ends up being what I imagined.

Izick

There's no way we get a console reveal (would have to be Microsoft if anybody) at the VGA's, right? Too crazy to happen.

Man, VGAs are becoming way more important when it comes to reveals, no? Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, The Last of Us, etc.

Regarding that "next-gen" chatter, I wouldn't put much into it. I'm guessing a new tech demo for Unreal Engine 4?!

Also, if I was EA, I'd tease Respawn's game there. Perfect time to try and steal CoD's thunder and maybe to wipe the sour taste of Warfighter of everyone's mouth.

Lol they're not going to put a tech demo on the VGAs.

I'm guessing a legit next gen game or two will show up.

I doubt anything will top the last of us reveal but I'm glad we know little at this point, I hope it means that we'll be surprised rather than the fact that there just isn't much to surprise with.

Iacobellis

Lol they're not going to put a tech demo on the VGAs.

I'm guessing a legit next gen game or two will show up.

The surefire way to indicate it's a next generation game is if they announce what consoles it will be on. Please don't just say "the new Xbox" or "PlayStation next."

Izick

The surefire way to indicate it's a next generation game is if they announce what consoles it will be on. Please don't just say "the new Xbox" or "PlayStation next."

Eh, I think they can still get away with "next-generation consoles" at this point. I'd love to get some real names though.

Iacobellis

Eh, I think they can still get away with "next-generation consoles" at this point. I'd love to get some real names though.

If at least one console is out next year, announce the name now. I've never heard of an entirely new console be announced and released in such a short span of time.

Lol, I don't care if they say the names of the systems or not. Just saying "coming next generation" or something is more than enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom