• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hobby
(12-05-2012, 04:21 AM)
C pack:
Contains 3 courses and is rated as 3 star difficulty. 200 yen, releasing today.

Push forward on precarious footing pack:

Contains 3 courses and is rated as 4 star difficulty. 200 yen, releasing today.

Video at the link (click on the video with the "New" banner):

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/d....html#vol3menu
Last edited by Hobby; 12-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.
The Boat
(12-05-2012, 04:24 AM)
That's cool but... 2 I feel kinda torn with two NSMB at the same time.
gamergirly
(12-05-2012, 04:26 AM)
More DLC
StreetsAhead
(12-05-2012, 04:28 AM)
2 blocks?

Must be on cart.
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
(12-05-2012, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by gamergirly

More DLC

The world did keep begging Nintendo to catch up to 2005.
watershed
(12-05-2012, 04:30 AM)
I feel like Nintendo have really maxed out this current incarnation of 2d mario at this point. Besides online co-op I can't think of anything that would make the games more appealing beyond what NSMB2 and NSMB U offer. Next step should be a shake up.
BassForever
(12-05-2012, 04:32 AM)

Originally Posted by watershed

I feel like Nintendo have really maxed out this current incarnation of 2d mario at this point. Besides online co-op I can't think of anything that would make the games more appealing beyond what NSMB2 and NSMB U offer. Next step should be a shake up.

You play as Bowser setting up levels full of monsters and traps to try to beat AI controlled Mario, Luigi, and B/Y Toads
WiiRevolution1
(12-05-2012, 04:33 AM)
Haha! I knew the people saying the SMB1/3 retro pack was the last DLC was wrong!

Bring on the SLC Nintendo! I hopethey update it for years honesly. Coin Rush is just so addicting!
Kai Dracon
Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Well, if they stick to their claims, there will not be any more NSMB for years, if ever. (The one-game-per-platform strategy.)

If they make another 2D game with Mario in it in the meantime, I would guess it'll be something new.
blamite
See, I told you guys the Classics pack wouldn't be the last one.

Challenge Pack C is a day-one buy.
ShockingAlberto
(12-05-2012, 04:34 AM)

They have said NSMB is a once-a-generation thing, so unless they're really struggling, I imagine the next 2D platformers will be of Kirby and Donkey Kong variety.
gamergirly

Originally Posted by Kaijima

The world did keep begging Nintendo to catch up to 2005.

It would be great if we could download like the whole collection for like $20
Green Slime
Banned

I agree. I see one of two options:

1.) Super Mario Bros. 2 USA throwback game, borrowing gameplay mechanics, visual style, and theme from that game, possibly mixed in with some "classic" Mario themes and ideas, to provide a totally new experience. The co-op would be really fun, with each character controlling and playing slightly differently.

2.) New Super Mario Bros. "Reboot" game, with a bunch of totally new ideas. The thing that instantly comes to my mind, in this case, is keeping the Super Mushroom and the Starman, and ditching every other power-up from previous games, in favor of a bunch of new, unique power-ups that offer abilities that radically change the way you play the games.
Diablos54
(12-05-2012, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

They have said NSMB is a once-a-generation thing, so unless they're really struggling, I imagine the next 2D platformers will be of Kirby and Donkey Kong variety.

Originally Posted by Kaijima

Well, if they stick to their claims, there will not be any more NSMB for years, if ever. (The one-game-per-platform strategy.)

If they make another 2D game with Mario in it in the meantime, I would guess it'll be something new.

New Super Mario Bros. U: Yoshi's Land.

It'll be 'Is SMW2:YI a Mario game?' all over again but worse, because you know, it's NSMB.
EloquentM
Banned
(12-05-2012, 04:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Diablos54

New Super Mario Bros. U: Yoshi's Land.

It'll be 'Is SMW2:YI a Mario game?' all over again but worse, because you know, it's NSMB.

How dare you. How dare you sir. A yoshi game will never be THAT ugly.
jman2050
(12-05-2012, 04:55 AM)

Originally Posted by EloquentM

How dare you. How dare you sir. A yoshi game will never be THAT ugly.

nckillthegrimace
(12-05-2012, 04:57 AM)

Fix the music
Better art style
More playable characters
Make the playable characters have unique abilities
Co-op challenge mode
etc
BowieZ
T-minus 3 crappy threads until Junior Status is obtained!
(12-05-2012, 04:58 AM)
Cynicism aside, levels look awesome!
Aquamarine
GAF's Resident Waifu
(12-05-2012, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

2 blocks?

Must be on cart.

I assume they have some Mario level design tool...where all the assets are already on the cartridge and they just re-position them to create new DLC levels. Takes up hardly any space at all.
StreetsAhead
(12-05-2012, 05:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Aquamarine

I assume they have some Mario level design tool...where all the assets are already on the cartridge and they just re-position them to create new DLC levels. Takes up hardly any space at all.

It was a joke - maybe not here, but plenty of people complain each time a new pack is released at the low size of the download.
Tathanen
Get Inside Her!
(12-05-2012, 05:10 AM)
GAH I thought the Classic Pack was it, so I replayed the gold mushroom pack a bunch and got up to a million coins finally. BUT NOW THIS! I no longer have a coin goal to work towards, so there is very little motivation to actually play them.

I shoulda known though, there was no way there was gonna be an A pack and B pack with no C pack. CRAP!

Can't have all of the courses except for these though, can I??? CONSUMER WHORE ALERT
EloquentM
Banned
(12-05-2012, 05:17 AM)

Originally Posted by jman2050

game wasn't ugly. just different.
Dion Blaster
(12-05-2012, 05:21 AM)
Man a Donkey Kong Country on the 3DS would be so perfect .Please happen.
Kokonoe
Banned
(12-05-2012, 05:35 AM)

Looks beautiful to me.
NEO0MJ
(12-05-2012, 05:35 AM)

Originally Posted by EloquentM

game wasn't ugly. just different.

Indeed. I found the paper craft design rather charming.
Boogiepop
(12-05-2012, 05:45 AM)

That's not how you do an ugly Yoshi game.

THIS is how you do an ugly Yoshi game:

Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(12-05-2012, 05:54 AM)
So you have to at least play the first 3 packs or unlock the first 3 packs before getting DLC access?
Berordn
(12-05-2012, 05:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Teknoman

So you have to at least play the first 3 packs or unlock the first 3 packs before getting DLC access?

Just need to have Coin Rush unlocked. The store just requires having Spotpass enabled on the 3DS and the game, which could take an hour or two after that to receive the update through there.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(12-05-2012, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Berordn

Just need to have Coin Rush unlocked. The store just requires having Spotpass enabled on the 3DS and the game, which could take an hour or two after that to receive the update through there.

I've got it unlocked, spotpass was enabled on my 3DS, and i've had the game since launch...still no option for DLC.

EDIT: What the...it just updated for the shop. That is just strange...
Last edited by Teknoman; 12-05-2012 at 08:07 PM.