• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(12-07-2012, 04:23 AM)

Originally Posted by two4two

Just saw this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9TSg6E3oDo

And at the end, this:



---------------------

Originally Posted by ZeroAKA

Release date: December 20, 2012.

http://dlgames.square-enix.com/ff/





Screenshots: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201212070033/
1800 yen
Dec 20th iOS, 2013 Android





Originally Posted by cvxfreak

According to the Japanese article, the game will have improved audio and more than one difficulty level aimed at beginner players.

-----------

Credit to Yottamol

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...ns/id540992837
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...sy/id354972939
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...ii/id354974729


Description states:

"Take advantage of a limited-time sale celebrating the coming release of FINAL FANTASY IV!"
Last edited by Wario64; 12-20-2012 at 02:56 AM.
clay_ghost
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:24 AM)
clay_ghost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

Credit to Yottamol

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...ns/id540992837
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...sy/id354972939
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fina...ii/id354974729


Description states:

"Take advantage of a limited-time sale celebrating the coming release of FINAL FANTASY IV!"

ds or psp verison?
jbueno
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:24 AM)
jbueno's Avatar
Burned out on FFIV to be honest, hard to get excited for it nowadays. Bring on FFVI, any platform will do.
PixyJunket
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:26 AM)
PixyJunket's Avatar
The bigger news is that Final Fantasy Dimensions is at a slightly more palatable price.
chickdigger802
Banned
(12-07-2012, 04:26 AM)
chickdigger802's Avatar
dsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsds


ds version at a decent framerate would be magical.
Noi
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:27 AM)
Noi's Avatar
How does SE celebrate FF5's 20th anniversary? By porting FF4 to a new system.
Esura
Banned
(12-07-2012, 04:28 AM)
Everyone needs to experience the joy of FFIV.
GAMERG0D
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:28 AM)
GAMERG0D's Avatar
Oh my god yes!
cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(12-07-2012, 04:29 AM)
cvxfreak's Avatar
Will buy! Question is though, which version?
transience
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:30 AM)
transience's Avatar
Ha. The game that keeps on giving.

I wonder which version it is, and what price? Probably the PSP one due to one screen, but I'd prefer the DS one.
Mikey Jr.
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:30 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar
These fuckers use like, the UGLIEST fonts in their games.

The fuck is wrong with SE? What is that shit? Times New Roman? The hell?
Berordn
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:31 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

dsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsds


ds version at a decent framerate would be magical.

It's probably going to be the PSP version!
jooey
The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
(12-07-2012, 04:32 AM)
jooey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

These fuckers use like, the UGLIEST fonts in their games.

The fuck is wrong with SE? What is that shit? Times New Roman? The hell?

Maybe you should swear more about it
dark_chris
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:33 AM)
dark_chris's Avatar
4? I'd hope 5 and 6 come after too for iOS. Would be hilarious if 7-10 was done classic style. lol.
Aeana
Medal Princess
(12-07-2012, 04:34 AM)
Aeana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Noi

How does SE celebrate FF5's 20th anniversary? By porting FF4 to a new system.

Yep, that'll just about do it.
Thanks, SE.
sk3tch
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:36 AM)
sk3tch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

These fuckers use like, the UGLIEST fonts in their games.

The fuck is wrong with SE? What is that shit? Times New Roman? The hell?

They're patching in Comic Sans as part of this celebration.
Kagari
Please understand.
(12-07-2012, 04:36 AM)
Kagari's Avatar
Shocking news. I honestly expected this to be revealed sooner.
Xena
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:37 AM)
Xena's Avatar
Sigh... I read VI. ;_;
zroid
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:38 AM)
zroid's Avatar
Finally, a real game on iOS! ;)
chickdigger802
Banned
(12-07-2012, 04:38 AM)
chickdigger802's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

These fuckers use like, the UGLIEST fonts in their games.

The fuck is wrong with SE? What is that shit? Times New Roman? The hell?

Making a font that scales well for retina and not retina requires too much work clearly.

Let's just use the freebies that come with the sdk!
Seda
the worst pokemon
(12-07-2012, 04:38 AM)
Seda's Avatar
I thought it was already on iOS
Starsunder
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:40 AM)
Starsunder's Avatar
Which version!!!

*please be psp*
Seven Force
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:41 AM)
Seven Force's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seda

I thought it was already on iOS

Yeah, same. Though I might have just assumed that since IV's playable on just about everything these days.
LaneDS
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:42 AM)
LaneDS's Avatar
Will probably buy it again, because I am a sucker for this game.
zroid
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:45 AM)
zroid's Avatar
A new re-release of VI (on any platform) is indeed desperately needed :\

It's so shitty not having a version to call definitive.

Originally Posted by Negator

Fucking hell.

Final Fantasy V gets no respect.

This too. :)
Last edited by zroid; 12-07-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Negator
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:46 AM)
Negator's Avatar
Fucking hell.

Final Fantasy V gets no respect.
ZeroAKA
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:47 AM)
ZeroAKA's Avatar
I've played FFIV many times already, but I'll probably go for this if it fully supports the iPhone 5's widescreen.

(Still waiting for the TWEWY widescreen update...)
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(12-07-2012, 04:57 AM)
BocoDragon's Avatar
And in 6 months to a year it'll probably show up on PSP or Vita...
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
(12-07-2012, 04:58 AM)
Dark Schala's Avatar
Oh boy, oh boy. More FF4. I can hardly wait.

Originally Posted by Noi

How does SE celebrate FF5's 20th anniversary? By porting FF4 to a new system.

I think they forgot how to read Roman numerals, yes?
Seda
the worst pokemon
(12-07-2012, 04:59 AM)
Seda's Avatar

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

And in 6 months to a year it'll probably show up on PSP or Vita...

It's already on PSP.

Unless they port the DS version to PSP somehow.
ZeroAKA
Member
(12-07-2012, 04:59 AM)
ZeroAKA's Avatar

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

And in 6 months to a year it'll probably show up on PSP or Vita...

It's your lucky day.

Beth Cyra
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:00 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar
Won't be getting this regardless of the version. God I dislike four and how much they whore this freaking game out. Pisses me off when people have the nerve to bitch about VII when this thing exists.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(12-07-2012, 05:00 AM)
antitrop's Avatar
I bet it's prohibitively expensive.
Noi
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:02 AM)
Noi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dark Schala

Oh boy, oh boy. More FF4. I can hardly wait.

I have enough FF4 love in me to play it one more time. You of all people must be thrilled though.

I think they forgot how to read Roman numerals, yes?

They have to count past 13 before they start getting into roman numerals.
EDarkness
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:02 AM)
I didn't realize 1 and 2 were out for $3.99. I might go ahead and pick those up.
Reluctant-Hero
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:04 AM)
Reluctant-Hero's Avatar
Hmm.... which will it be? DS or PSP? Most likely S-E will chose the inferior version, DS .
Aeana
Medal Princess
(12-07-2012, 05:04 AM)
Aeana's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dark Schala

Oh boy, oh boy. More FF4. I can hardly wait.


I think they forgot how to read Roman numerals, yes?

Somehow you've managed to play through it again. I couldn't even do that, stalled my whole FF series playthrough for months. (._. )
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(12-07-2012, 05:06 AM)
antitrop's Avatar
I played through the 3D FFIV version on DS a few years ago and had a rather good time.

Final Fantasy IV is still very much an NES style RPG, besides introducing the ATB. The series didn't feel truly 16-bit until FFV. FFIV has great characters and a decent story, but the gameplay and dungeon design is pretty much 8-bit. It just feels like a game made very early on in the generation, which is exactly what it was.
Last edited by antitrop; 12-07-2012 at 05:09 AM.
randomkid
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:08 AM)
Everyone knows that the best possible anniversary celebration this franchise could get already came out earlier this year.



Too bad only 1000 of us got to partake.

Re: this topic, I've decided Square can do whatever it wants with this game, as long as I've got my GBA version, port port away, it's all good over here.
Esura
Banned
(12-07-2012, 05:11 AM)

Originally Posted by randomkid

Everyone knows that the best possible anniversary celebration this franchise could get already came out earlier this year.



Too bad only 1000 of us got to partake.

Re: this topic, I've decided Square can do whatever it wants with this game, as long as I've got my GBA version, port port away, it's all good over here.

Why don't they make many Nomura books as much as they do Amano's?
vagabondarts
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:12 AM)
vagabondarts's Avatar
My guess is its the DS version upscaled like they did for FFIII.

I'm not interested unless there is something really new to offer. I'm kind of burned out on FFIV.
Beth Cyra
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:16 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Esura

Why don't they make many Nomura books as much as they do Amano's?

Amano has alot more he has done compared to Nomura.

What has Nomura even done outside of SE? Hell even the games that he designed the characters from have art and pictures done by Amano.
Shai-Tan
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:17 AM)
I haven't played FF IV since I got it for SNES and it's still burned in my mind. My whole family played that game. My dad played it and that's the only console game he has ever played. I can't remember why but I never played VI. Maybe because Mystic Quest was so bad (that, I remember). I think I remember also disliking sci-fi or steampunk which is maybe one of the reasons why I only ever watched other people playing the later games until FF XII (which is oddly enough more in line with FF 2 (IV) in the type of fantasy it is.
Last edited by Shai-Tan; 12-07-2012 at 05:20 AM.
randomkid
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:17 AM)

Originally Posted by antitrop

Final Fantasy IV is still very much an NES style RPG, besides introducing the ATB. The series didn't feel truly 16-bit until FFV. FFIV has great characters and a decent story, but the gameplay and dungeon design is pretty much 8-bit. It just feels like a game made very early on in the generation, which is exactly what it was.

What's wrong with 8-bit dungeon design? Anyways, Schala had some neat insights on FF4 dungeons in the anniversary thread, you just have to dig through some weirdo nonsense about Batman or something first haha.

Originally Posted by Esura

Why don't they make many Nomura books as much as they do Amano's?

Dear god in heaven let's not start this line of conversation, Aeana protect us!
Mikey Jr.
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:18 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by sk3tch

They're patching in Comic Sans as part of this celebration.

Haha, that would be great.

Originally Posted by chickdigger802

Making a font that scales well for retina and not retina requires too much work clearly.

Let's just use the freebies that come with the sdk!

Dunno anything about that, but you are probably right.

Chrono Trigger is the same thing. Its really weird.
Dark Schala
Eloquent Princess
(12-07-2012, 05:18 AM)
Dark Schala's Avatar

Originally Posted by Noi

I have enough FF4 love in me to play it one more time. You of all people must be thrilled though.

Oh yeah. So thrilled. Following Cecil as a character is so enthralling.



But I shouldn't worry because...



Originally Posted by Aeana

Somehow you've managed to play through it again. I couldn't even do that, stalled my whole FF series playthrough for months. (._. )

Making fun of the story keeps me going. But with that said, this is my longest playthrough of it. After I'm done I don't want to play it again for the next decade.
Alotsi
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:18 AM)
Alotsi's Avatar
Nah. I'll pass. I beat the GBA version some years back and will eventually play through Final Fantasy 4: The Complete Collection.

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

The bigger news is that Final Fantasy Dimensions is at a slightly more palatable price.

Playing through this right now. Those chapters are, indeed, pricey. ( ._.)

I gotta say, I'm liking the job system in FFD.
Berordn
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:20 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by randomkid

What's wrong with 8-bit dungeon design? Anyways, Schala had some neat insights on FF4 dungeons in the anniversary thread, you just have to dig through some weirdo nonsense about Batman or something first haha.

There's nothing wrong with the design, it's just that the game ends up being completely on rails as a result of the storytelling and having no way to control the character's growth or abilities... you end up playing the same game every time with no variation. The dungeons themselves are probably the best part, which is weird for a game that was intended to usher in the next era of Final Fantasy on consoles when the most interesting aspect is taken straight from the previous three games.
Noi
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:22 AM)
Noi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ratchet

Playing through this right now. Those chapters are, indeed, pricey. ( ._.)

I gotta say, I'm liking the job system in FFD.

I wouldn't even mind pricey chapters had SE released FFD for Android outside of Japan. :/ I paid for all of The After Years on WiiWare, I'll do it again for a game somewhat resembling FF5.
randomkid
Member
(12-07-2012, 05:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Berordn

There's nothing wrong with the design, it's just that the game ends up being completely on rails as a result of the storytelling and having no way to control the character's growth or abilities... you end up playing the same game every time with no variation. The dungeons themselves are probably the best part, which is weird for a game that was intended to usher in the next era of Final Fantasy on consoles when the most interesting aspect is taken straight from the previous three games.

Yeah, this I totally understand. If character progression and customization is important to you, you're not going to get what you need out of FF4.

Thread Tools