• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Gamepads are region locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Risking an "old news" reaction since I saw this hours ago, but I haven't seen a thread yet

http://rocketnews24.com/2012/12/25/279608/

http://www.destructoid.com/uh-what-wii-u-gamepads-are-also-region-locked-241255.phtml

RSe1L.jpg

NewFresh

oh my...

Edit: I'm thinking it probably has to do with some sort of wireless transfer protocols more than anything. But I have no Idea.

FHIZ

This needs to be brought up in the next Giantbombcast, let's start the year off with a good filling of Brad groaning and going "what the?! arrrrgh"

saunderez

Meanwhile over at Nintendo the Cavalcade of Stupidity continues. What's next, region locked AV cables? Come on Ninty the possibilities are endless show us how far you can go!

SgtCobra

Hahahaha wow, this is the future people iwatadealwithit.jpg

Although I see no reason to replace my WiiU controller with another one from another region yet.

Ein Bear

Whilst completely bizzare, I'm struggling to think of a scenario where this is actually a problem for anyone.

Ryoku

Obviously now, this is the death of the Wii U as we know it.

Overreactions in this thread hurt to read.

Fail to see how this is really an issue. Like someone said it's probably some data transfer thing, and honestly I'm unsure why 99.9% of people would care. Actually 100% people right now since 2 gamepad support is in no games.

crinale

While not too many customers would have any issue about this, I still wonder why Nintendo actually implemented it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah, while extremely stupid at least the "different prices for different markets" argument makes sense in this case. You don't really need to import a controller from another region to play specific games like you do with the console itself or with games themselves.

Still strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom