• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

jediyoshi

ibddfdeObpqI3u.png

crazy how close that looks to its concept art

Had to test GTA 4 performance with my new GTX 680. Quite the step up compared to my 7850.

Vanilla, Downsampled + SMAA, everything maxed out. The console version of this game is just worthless.

gtaiv2013-01-0123-52-haqwy.png

gtaiv2013-01-0123-52-7trwd.png

Sethos

Banned
Still can't come to terms with the FC3 visuals, something about them just strikes me as completely unappealing and quite frankly, boring.

Sethos

Banned
I looks quite unrealistic and plasticy, but I still like it. Will need to pick this up for sure. This or Crysis 3, hmmm...

Yeah, it's just a combination of plastic looks, worst DoF I've seen in a game from 2012, lack of fine detail in the terrain, the shaders used and the entire game just reeks cheap to me. The only thing that impresses me is the grass lighting.

Anyway, holy shit at those pictures Dennis!

Dennis

Banned
2013ssthread06d6sl4.png

Almost every thread regular was kinda enough to dig through their archives and pick out their favorite screenshots they took in 2012.
The name of the contributor of each screen is next to the game name. Sorry if you didn't make the cut! (Click for full-res).

I...I didn't make the cut....?

Spazznid

Last non-enb shot I took
tesv-2012-12-31-22-4465usp.jpg

tesv-2013-01-01-07-46exuu2.jpg

skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11318/

Maxed out config adds a chunky 1-2 minutes to first ingame loading

Thanks, and also, if you want the game in a cinematic Aspect Ratio, I'd advise getting rid of those Black Bars from the ENB and using a custom resolution at 1920 x 816 or so. That way, you get a boost in FPS, and we get less black bars.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why would you want JPEG to die already? If you save these screens at JPEG max quality they'd load 2x3 times faster in this thread and the quality difference would be literally invisible to a naked eyes unless you zoom them up to 200-300%

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why would you want JPEG to die already? If you save these screens at JPEG max quality they'd load 2x3 times faster in this thread and the quality difference would be literally invisible to a naked eyes unless you zoom them up to 200-300%

Except that never happens and we have to deal with compressed screens left and right.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Stretched Kingdom Hearts 2

Hey, heads up, but you're playing a 4:3 game at a 16:9 resolution, which is causing the image to get really stretched. Since you're using PCSX2 there are widescreen mods available that let the game render properly and it'll look much nicer for you.

Here's the patch for Kingdom Hearts 2, and here's some more info on it.

If you need more help, just google "PCSX2 Widescreen Hack Tutorial" and it should lead you to getting the game looking great.

Top Bottom