• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

if its not in engine how exactly is that proof of anything? The only thing it proves is that they can hire a third party to do a CGI cartoon. as a means of hyping your game there's nothing to show from a CGI clip that proves or disproves the concepts or quality of your game. CGI is a waste of time and resources especially when you consider the crowd that CD Projekt makes games for and what visuals that todays game engines can achieve.

Much like KZ2 did when they showed off that CG demo during E3. It'll give an idea of the atmosphere, locales, music and characters that'll populate the world.

Pertaining to hype, it was generated by the people who ran wild their imagination and interpretations. If the teaser is to be CG then I am pretty certain that soon (perhaps E3) we'll see something in-engine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey man I can get like 1 frame every 5-10 seconds with proper good Source Filmmaker settings when rendering out.

One frame every 5-10 seconds seems like an accurate estimation of what the original Unreal ran at on my first PC. Max settings and 1024x768 was a touch too much for that old thing. I could literally see each frame being gradually displayed by the monitor -- I'd take one step forward and see the next frame being pulled down over the previous one.

It is not confirmed that this will be in-game. dso is looking for clicks.

bsdPX.jpg

In-engine doesn't necessarily mean real-time and in fact generally means pre-rendered. Portal 2's ending is technically in-engine, for instance.
At least that's a step up from rendering outside the game engine, isn't it?

Was thinking about that also. Some of those sound really neat. Like the Rockerboy.

So many possibilities for this game...wish it was launching tomorrow :lol

I hope they don't cut the media class, the idea of playing as a trenchcoated journalist in a cyberpunk city titillates me to no end.

And I can't wait to see what kind of ideas they have for Netrunners and cyberspace.

derFeef

Cyberpunk-GAF, what do you want to experience more with this teaser? Impressive visuals or awesome cyberpunky music? :) DE:HR trailer managed to have both.

Perfect Cyberpunk atmosphere, which includes a sweet location, nice characters, and awesome music.

The DE:HR trailer is pretty fantastic in that regard.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
We know the exact time. 10pm CET

Cyberpunk-GAF, what do you want to experience more with this teaser? Impressive visuals or awesome cyberpunky music? :) DE:HR trailer managed to have both.

dirty 80s style everything, it's the only way of cyberpunk.

DE:HR lacks the 80s style (80s hair,jackets,clothing..ect) and the dirty feel and the blue.so it was lacking so much in the cyberpunk atmosphere department for me.

hope 2077 is deliver the real feeling.

DieH@rd

Banned
dirty 80s style everything, it's the only way of cyberpunk.

DE:HR lacks the 80s style (80s hair,jackets,clothing..ect) and the dirty feel and the blue.so it was lacking so much in the cyberpunk atmosphere department for me.

hope 2077 is deliver the real feeling.

I really want to see how will they adapt Rockerboys character class into year 2077. Glam rock and punk rock are a thing of a past, maybe they will portray them as techno/dubstep DJ's? LOL Me personaly, I would like them to be metal musicians. :D

Perkel

Banned
I suppose so, but the distinction isn't a particularly important one considering neither case necessarily reflects the visual quality of the game itself.

That may be true for consoles but with PC it is false. Also CDPR since TW1 all their cinematics were inengine running from hardware.

I really want to see how will they adapt Rockerboys character class into year 2077. Glam rock and punk rock are a thing of a past, maybe they will portray them as techno/dubstep DJ's? LOL

It's 99% it will be techno/electronica/minimal. Dude who create music for game also said this:

WNxWind says:
05:49pm October 19 2012
As a note for PC Gamer to add; The Games sound-track is also going to be a retail album under either my name or my main project/band's name (still undecided) followed by the album title "Cyberpunk 2077" ideas are thrown around to add a sticker on the plastic "In Technicolor" for those with Synesthesia, something I have - finding I rather amusing that way.

I'd like to add that MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K" will contribute on one of these songs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I agree that it better be 80s cyberpunk and not SUPER SLICK FUTURE that everything does.

I mean, not obnoxiously 80s, but the mohawk and leopard skin is easing my worries so far.

I really want to see how will they adapt Rockerboys character class into year 2077. Glam rock and punk rock are a thing of a past, maybe they will portray them as techno/dubstep DJ's? LOL

The title is 2077 after all, and one of the first characters we've seen had a mohawk and a blue leopard print jacket :lol

cyberpunk_2077.jpg

JaseC

That may be true for consoles but with PC it is false. Also CDPR since TW1 all their cinematics were inengine running from hardware.

How is it false? I didn't say every pre-rendered in-engine video/cutscene is rendered to such a level that it's beyond the in-game visuals (Uncharted is a fine example of a game using pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes that are virtually indistinguishable from the game itself), and if an in-game cinematic is "in-engine running from hardware" then that's, by definition, real-time.

Edit: I don't think you followed the conversational breadcrumbs -- I was simply making the point that pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes can, just like CG cutscenes, be far removed from the visuals seen in the game itself; and again, Portal 2's ending is a fine example of this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do wonder what the platform release schedule is going to be like.

I'm assuming PC first then next-gen consoles shortly after. I can't imagine CDPR has Orbis or Durango builds, but it can't be too far off from what they're building this around. And if not, they did some amazing stuff with Witcher 2 looking as good as it did on 360. I do hope they do an optional/better controller support on all platforms. That menu system in Witcher 2 on controller. Blech.

I just don't have the money to build a new computer for a while, so I'm hoping the distance isn't too far... Or I'll end up building one anyways to play this. It's pretty much a dream game for me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I do wonder what the platform release schedule is going to be like.

I'm assuming PC first then next-gen consoles shortly after. I can't imagine CDPR has Orbis or Durango builds, but it can't be too far off from what they're building this around. And if not, they did some amazing stuff with Witcher 2 looking as good as it did on 360. I do hope they do an optional/better controller support on all platforms. That menu system in Witcher 2 on controller. Blech.

I just don't have the money to build a new computer for a while, so I'm hoping the distance isn't too far... Or I'll end up building one anyways to play this. It's pretty much a dream game for me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...are-simultaneous-pc-next-gen-console-releases

Gaspode_T

Holy moly I don't know if I have ever been more in love with a game's art direction than I am with this one. This is the cyberpunk game I have been waiting like 20 years to play

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WTF I'll be at the cinema watching the Hobbit of all things when I could be home watching this trailer instead. Sucks.

Just go to the bathroom and watch it on your phone. Don't worry, you won't miss anything important in the Hobbit because it goes on for far too long.

see5harp

I suppose so, but the distinction isn't a particularly important one considering neither case necessarily reflects the visual quality of the game itself.

While I still strongly dislike prerendered video (even with done in engine like the Uncharted), it gives a much better idea of how the game and art will actually look like. Obviously it's not going to say anything about gameplay.

Perkel

Banned
While I still strongly dislike prerendered video (even with done in engine like the Uncharted), it gives a much better idea of how the game and art will actually look like. Obviously it's not going to say anything about gameplay.

I don't get this. Every Trailer is prerendered. Game will be on PC so it is a) CGI b) ingame cinematic.

Above is true for console games but this will be mainly PC game.

JaseC

While I still strongly dislike prerendered video (even with done in engine like the Uncharted), it gives a much better idea of how the game and art will actually look like [compared to CG]. Obviously it's not going to say anything about gameplay.

I agree with this as a general truth, sure.

see5harp

I don't get this. Every Trailer is prerendered. Game will be on PC so it is a) CGI b) ingame cinematic.

Above is true for console games but this will be mainly PC game.

I dislike it as a means to story telling when it doesn't represent what they are able to do animation wise in the game engine during actual gameplay. It takes me out of the experience of playing a game and generally with the way they encode most of the prerendered stuff, it actually looks worse to my eyes (Uncharted being a notable exception because of how much space blu-ray affords the video). I don't necessarily mean that I dislike the use of prerendered video for trailers and pre-release stuff, I just hated most of the CGI that was done in The Witcher 1 and 2, and that goes for PC versions.

Perkel

Banned
Avatar came out in 2009. Ancient history in CGI terms.

Watched it 2 days ago on bluray. Still fucking amazing in therm of GFX. Scale is what is most impresive.

I dislike it as a means to story telling when it doesn't represent what they are able to do animation wise in the game engine during actual gameplay. It takes me out of the experience of playing a game and generally with the way they encode most of the prerendered stuff, it actually looks worse to my eyes (Uncharted being a notable exception because of how much space blu-ray affords the video).

Every cinematic has little to do with gameplay if you are expecting they will show gameplay then i have bad news for you.

70% it's CGI
30% it's ingame cinematic
0% actual gameplay

-SD-

Banned
Jurrasic Park, Starship troopers ... they will look awesome YEARS from now, while Avatar will not.
SOME parts of Avatar will not look awesome. There are truly groundbreaking scenes in the movie that will continue to look amazing far into the future.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Jurrasic Park, Starship troopers ... they will look awesome YEARS from now, while Avatar will not.

Um... This makes no sense at all.

I have all of these on blu ray and while Jurrassic Park and Starship Troopers look absolutley fantastic for how old they are, the still do show that they are dated.

There's no way you can watch either of them and not realize they are old CGI. Especially JPs daylight CG sequences.

Avatar 3D Blu Ray is lightyears ahead, and if anything will age better not worse than those movies. The movie is pure eye candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom