• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

I think this is kind of why I havent watched Arjuna or Glass Fleet yet. the allure and mystique might be better than the experience of watching it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

You should just watch / read it. It's really great but its the same shit over and over. Basically its a shounen series.

Luffy and the art are the 2 major obstacles in the way of my enjoyment of OP, really. The suffering caused by those 2 flaws exacerbates every little, minor, and otherwise unnoticed niggling problem I have with OP and turns them into monstrous obstructions preventing me from experiencing Goda's Promised Land etc

Didn't we agree that I wouldn't shit on Heartcatch if you wouldn't shit on OP?

Ultimadrago

ibeY2cVlLYfjok.JPG

Yuuko in casual outfit?

Thank you so much, grand Banpresto. Thank you.

Chihayafuru S2 1

restoredr8pnu.png
oe...moreliekmoegskgg.png

Also posting Oe "? More liek Moe" Kanada because Oe "? More liek Moe" Kanada/Forehead-chan/Best Girl

After Shinobu's horrible chubby transformation, I take this first OP shot as a sign that beauty has finally been restored!

Uchip

Banned

the earlier you watch it, the earlier you can get inspired to get in shape - montage style

You should just watch / read it. It's really great but its the same shit over and over. Basically its a shounen series.

also, dont listen to this guy
the anime is a great adaptation, especially the casting

Branduil

Can't we just like them all?

S: Hibiki, Chihaya/Haruka
A: Makoto/Yukiho
うっう!! (^^)/: Yayoi, Azusa, Miki, everybody else
My yuri goggles demand that the pairs stay together in tiers. Also Yayoi's exclamation is always amusing/heart-warming.
Subject to change based on how disappointed people are with me.

In an attempt to divert your attention from my tastes, I offer AnimeGAF this:
iQmW3MWD6Wm1F.gif

A new genre of .gifs has been born.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Love Live! School Idol Project - 3 (End)

Woah! That was a surprise. Only three episodes long and with an ending I didn't expect at all. Seriously, that came out of nowhere. Like wow...

ima8h4tQVpSce.gif

It's Yuru Yuri all over again. :lol

Kurita

What does that mean? I never watched Eyeshield 21.
One Punch-Man and Eyeshield 21 have the same artist, Yusuke Murata.
Eyeshield 21's art was fantastic but the anime version was pretty bad looking. Great voice acting though.

Read the manga if you want a good sports shonen.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
One Punch-Man and Eyeshield 21 have the same artist, Yusuke Murata.
Eyeshield 21's art was fantastic but the anime version was pretty bad looking. Great voice acting though.

Read the manga if you want a good sports shonen.

I'll have to look into it, thanks.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The fundamental principle behind the infinite backlog applies here too. There's always more.

Articalys

Good lord, this thread never stops.

Anyway, a couple things:
- First, Aniplex/Sakura-con are hinting that the next SAO-related guest might be Eir Aoi, so a concert seems likely.
- Second, Right Stuf has confirmed on their Facbook page that the US Nisemonogatari box set will not have the commentaries, so that's that.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 22

So Charles and Ray are essentially Holland and Talho except that, while they dress like something out of Sgt. Pepper's, and have absolutely NO interest in not being deaf when they're 80, they seem to be a well adjusted, functional couple. Charles is respectful of but also very open about how attracted he is to Ray, and for her part, Ray is very trusting in but also independent of Charles. Charles also functions as an adult Renton.

Why Renton started dancing to that music when he was broke, homeless and hungry I dunno, but there you have it.

Frankly, much as I've at last begun to like the members of Gekko State, the couple on the Swan is already infinitely easier to like, because they can get through conversations without emotionally damaging someone or physically damaging them.

And of course Charles is in to his wife and not a teenage girl, so that's another bonus in his favor.

Surely my reaction to this couple has offended someone already?

Narag

Kubo also saves time by recycling stories from Yu Yu Hakusho, recycling his own plot lines, not writing dialogue, and just dumping jars of black ink onto pages and calling it 'art'.

Sounds like Gene Simmons' kid was just making an homage rather than plagiarizing when you put it like that.

Articalys

Ooh, this is nice: the next manga volume of Space Brothers is bundling a special OVA that was previously only screened in some planetariums across Japan last year. Sounds pretty neat.
Japanese publisher Kodansha revealed on Monday that the 20th volume of Chūya Koyama's Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers) manga will bundle a planetarium anime DVD. The "Planetarium: Uchuu Kyoudai ~Itten no Hikari~" (Planetarium: Space Brothers ~One Point of Light~) anime originally screened in Konica Minolta planetariums across Japan last summer.

The anime's original story features Mutta and Hibito during one summer when they were children. During the summer when Mutta and Hibito made their promise to go to space, they met a young girl who also had a wish. Tsutomu Setomoto directed and Konica Minolta Planitarium and Digital Media Lab produced the 28-minute anime.

Kurita

They seriously need to bring Space Brothers (manga or anime) in more countries, gotta make people dream about space again.
It sounds like NTR antics!

Is the manga really popular? I wanna believe there are some kids in Japan who genuinely are excited about going to Mars.
4th best selling manga in 2012.

Narag

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 3

Three eps in on a wonderfully sound premise tripped up by some shoddy execution. Lots of questions I should have about the cast that I don't because they're unrelatable and I don't know shit about them past them being a gang of thoughtful thieves compromised of Not Lupin, the rarity of anime in the sister he doesn't want to fuck, the gumless wonderdog, the crazy foreign necromancer, the shrine maiden, and old dude.

Yet I still like it. Probably because of that badass armor of his. Gun antics to end the ep was kinda wild even if it did remind me of wonzo's Musashi Gundoh fever dreams.

jgminto

These days gaming side scares me. I really don't want to hear that this or that is the worst game ever or about "non-games" or whatever other bullshit. No one ever wants to talk about the good, it's always the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom