• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

cajunator
AnimeGAF's largest consumer of cute
(01-22-2013, 11:21 PM)
cajunator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Narag

That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

I think this is kind of why I havent watched Arjuna or Glass Fleet yet. the allure and mystique might be better than the experience of watching it.
darkside31337
Tomodachi wa Mahou
(01-22-2013, 11:22 PM)
darkside31337's Avatar

Originally Posted by Narag

That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

You should just watch / read it. It's really great but its the same shit over and over. Basically its a shounen series.
cosmicblizzard
Shounen Iconoclast
(01-22-2013, 11:23 PM)
cosmicblizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Envelope

Luffy and the art are the 2 major obstacles in the way of my enjoyment of OP, really. The suffering caused by those 2 flaws exacerbates every little, minor, and otherwise unnoticed niggling problem I have with OP and turns them into monstrous obstructions preventing me from experiencing Goda's Promised Land etc

Didn't we agree that I wouldn't shit on Heartcatch if you wouldn't shit on OP?
Narag
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:25 PM)
Narag's Avatar

Originally Posted by darkside31337

You should just watch / read it. It's really great but its the same shit over and over. Basically its a shounen series.

Well I did plan to level up my shounen this year.
Ultimadrago
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:25 PM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Yuuko in casual outfit?

Thank you so much, grand Banpresto. Thank you.

Chihayafuru S2 1


Also posting Oe "? More liek Moe" Kanada because Oe "? More liek Moe" Kanada/Forehead-chan/Best Girl

After Shinobu's horrible chubby transformation, I take this first OP shot as a sign that beauty has finally been restored!
Last edited by Ultimadrago; 01-22-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Uchip
Banned
(01-22-2013, 11:25 PM)
Uchip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Narag

That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

the earlier you watch it, the earlier you can get inspired to get in shape - montage style

Originally Posted by darkside31337

You should just watch / read it. It's really great but its the same shit over and over. Basically its a shounen series.

also, dont listen to this guy
the anime is a great adaptation, especially the casting
Steroyd
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:26 PM)
Steroyd's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

SDBurton alert? SDBurton alert.

I do believe the SDBurton yuri signal went out last episode.

Branduil
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:27 PM)
Branduil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saprol

Can't we just like them all?

S: Hibiki, Chihaya/Haruka
A: Makoto/Yukiho
うっう!! (^^)/: Yayoi, Azusa, Miki, everybody else
My yuri goggles demand that the pairs stay together in tiers. Also Yayoi's exclamation is always amusing/heart-warming.
Subject to change based on how disappointed people are with me.

In an attempt to divert your attention from my tastes, I offer AnimeGAF this:

A new genre of .gifs has been born.
SDBurton
World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
(01-22-2013, 11:27 PM)
SDBurton's Avatar

Originally Posted by BGBW

Love Live! School Idol Project - 3 (End)

Woah! That was a surprise. Only three episodes long and with an ending I didn't expect at all. Seriously, that came out of nowhere. Like wow...

It's Yuru Yuri all over again. :lol
Narag
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:29 PM)
Narag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uchip

the earlier you watch it, the earlier you can get inspired to get in shape - montage style

Look, if Hearts on Fire didn't get me to do that, nothing will.

Originally Posted by Uchip

also, dont listen to this guy
the anime is a great adaptation, especially the casting

I trust darkside though. That's independent of being assigned as his uke too.
Chet Rippo
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:29 PM)
Chet Rippo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Yuuko in casual outfit?

Thank you so much, grand Banpresto. Thank you. !

You can always count on them to have figures of the lesser seen outfits.
Kurita
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:29 PM)
Kurita's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tomat

What does that mean? I never watched Eyeshield 21.

One Punch-Man and Eyeshield 21 have the same artist, Yusuke Murata.
Eyeshield 21's art was fantastic but the anime version was pretty bad looking. Great voice acting though.

Read the manga if you want a good sports shonen.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(01-22-2013, 11:31 PM)
BGBW's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Yuuko in casual outfit?

Thank you so much, grand Banpresto. Thank you.

If Good Smile were to release a Yuuko Nendo I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
Uchip
Banned
(01-22-2013, 11:32 PM)
Uchip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Narag

I trust darkside though.

ah
then you can ignore me because darkside generally represents bad taste ITT for me
Soma
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:34 PM)
Soma's Avatar
Regulus, you've been summoned.
PorcellainThrill
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Yuuko in casual outfit?

Thank you so much, grand Banpresto. Thank you.

This Yuuko model looks awesome.

One of the best characters in the best anime of 2011!
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(01-22-2013, 11:34 PM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar

Originally Posted by cosmicblizzard

Didn't we agree that I wouldn't shit on Heartcatch if you wouldn't shit on OP?

Shounen and mahou shoujo don't have to be at odds with each other. :) Let's be nakama.
wonzo
Ascending the eternal
spiritual elevator
(01-22-2013, 11:36 PM)
wonzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Chihayafuru S2 1

After Shinobu's horrible chubby transformation, I take this first OP shot as a sign that beauty has finally been restored!

hatin' on snowmaru? smh
Tomat
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:36 PM)
Tomat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kurita

One Punch-Man and Eyeshield 21 have the same artist, Yusuke Murata.
Eyeshield 21's art was fantastic but the anime version was pretty bad looking. Great voice acting though.

Read the manga if you want a good sports shonen.

I'll have to look into it, thanks.
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(01-22-2013, 11:37 PM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar

Originally Posted by moonspeak

Regulus, you've been summoned.

I alone do not hold enough power to sway the masses. This has to be a nakama effort.
Extollere
Sucks at poetry
(01-22-2013, 11:37 PM)
Extollere's Avatar

Originally Posted by cajunator

Well, yall been busy

You're telling me! 800 posts in like half a day's time!

Originally Posted by trejo

Sup bro. Got any interesting art to share?

You mean "interesting..."? No, not right now >__> I've decided to swear an oath of modesty, for one whole day...

Honestly, I'm surprised I wasn't banned to hell and back for that stunt. You all are such a lenient and merciful crowd!
Narag
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:40 PM)
Narag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uchip

ah
then you can ignore me because darkside generally represents bad taste ITT for me

I trust you too!
Uchip
Banned
(01-22-2013, 11:41 PM)
Uchip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regulus Tera

Shounen and mahou shoujo don't have to be at odds with each other. :) Let's be nakama.

battle girl > mahou shoujou
we need more Mai Hime

Originally Posted by Narag

I trust you too!

its honestly one of those adaptations where I can safely say that its the superior version
Hitokage
Setec Astronomer
(01-22-2013, 11:41 PM)
Hitokage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Narag

That's one of those shows I want to get to but it's spoken of so well I'm also of the mind I don't want to get to it quite yet so I have something to look forward to.

The fundamental principle behind the infinite backlog applies here too. There's always more.
Brazil
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:43 PM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Chihayafuru S2 1

After Shinobu's horrible chubby transformation, I take this first OP shot as a sign that beauty has finally been restored!

Yeah. That was just Suetsugu trolling us.

Thankfully.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(01-22-2013, 11:43 PM)
BGBW's Avatar

Originally Posted by Extollere

You're telling me! 800 posts in like half a day's time!

Yeah. Some people really need to get a life.
Articalys
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:45 PM)
Articalys's Avatar
Good lord, this thread never stops.

Anyway, a couple things:
- First, Aniplex/Sakura-con are hinting that the next SAO-related guest might be Eir Aoi, so a concert seems likely.
- Second, Right Stuf has confirmed on their Facbook page that the US Nisemonogatari box set will not have the commentaries, so that's that.
Branduil
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:47 PM)
Branduil's Avatar

Originally Posted by R_thanatos

It's finally the new |OT|

Yet another OT change that happenned while i was sleeping.

It was for the best, really.
KuwabaraTheMan
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:47 PM)
KuwabaraTheMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clairvoyance

None of them except Kubo since he saves time by not drawing background half the time.

Kubo also saves time by recycling stories from Yu Yu Hakusho, recycling his own plot lines, not writing dialogue, and just dumping jars of black ink onto pages and calling it 'art'.
CorvoSol
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:47 PM)
CorvoSol's Avatar
Eureka Seven 22

So Charles and Ray are essentially Holland and Talho except that, while they dress like something out of Sgt. Pepper's, and have absolutely NO interest in not being deaf when they're 80, they seem to be a well adjusted, functional couple. Charles is respectful of but also very open about how attracted he is to Ray, and for her part, Ray is very trusting in but also independent of Charles. Charles also functions as an adult Renton.

Why Renton started dancing to that music when he was broke, homeless and hungry I dunno, but there you have it.

Frankly, much as I've at last begun to like the members of Gekko State, the couple on the Swan is already infinitely easier to like, because they can get through conversations without emotionally damaging someone or physically damaging them.

And of course Charles is in to his wife and not a teenage girl, so that's another bonus in his favor.

Surely my reaction to this couple has offended someone already?
Branduil
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:49 PM)
Branduil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain

Five minutes into the first episode of Lucky Star and I'm bored as shit. Is there any reason to keep watching this?

Nah.
wonzo
Ascending the eternal
spiritual elevator
(01-22-2013, 11:50 PM)
wonzo's Avatar
TRAIN HEROES IS ALIVE

Originally Posted by Articalys

- Second, Right Stuf has confirmed on their Facbook page that the US Nisemonogatari box set will not have the commentaries, so that's that.

lol, fuck them
Narag
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:50 PM)
Narag's Avatar

Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan

Kubo also saves time by recycling stories from Yu Yu Hakusho, recycling his own plot lines, not writing dialogue, and just dumping jars of black ink onto pages and calling it 'art'.

Sounds like Gene Simmons' kid was just making an homage rather than plagiarizing when you put it like that.
Uchip
Banned
(01-22-2013, 11:51 PM)
Uchip's Avatar

Originally Posted by CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 22

Surely my reaction to this couple has offended someone already?

no
thats pretty much how it is
RurouniZel
Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
(01-22-2013, 11:56 PM)
RurouniZel's Avatar
Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol
Articalys
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:57 PM)
Articalys's Avatar
Ooh, this is nice: the next manga volume of Space Brothers is bundling a special OVA that was previously only screened in some planetariums across Japan last year. Sounds pretty neat.

Japanese publisher Kodansha revealed on Monday that the 20th volume of Chūya Koyama's Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers) manga will bundle a planetarium anime DVD. The "Planetarium: Uchuu Kyoudai ~Itten no Hikari~" (Planetarium: Space Brothers ~One Point of Light~) anime originally screened in Konica Minolta planetariums across Japan last summer.

The anime's original story features Mutta and Hibito during one summer when they were children. During the summer when Mutta and Hibito made their promise to go to space, they met a young girl who also had a wish. Tsutomu Setomoto directed and Konica Minolta Planitarium and Digital Media Lab produced the 28-minute anime.

trejo
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 22

Surely my reaction to this couple has offended someone already?

Hopefully not as that is a solid assessment. Do keep watching though.
Tomat
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:59 PM)
Tomat's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol

Look at this thread.

LOOK AROUND YOU.

You call these well adjusted people?! Of course they're afraid.
Hellsing321
Member
(01-22-2013, 11:59 PM)
Hellsing321's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol

In what thread?
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(01-23-2013, 12:00 AM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar

Originally Posted by Articalys

Ooh, this is nice: the next manga volume of Space Brothers is bundling a special OVA that was previously only screened in some planetariums across Japan last year. Sounds pretty neat.

It sounds like NTR antics!

Is the manga really popular? I wanna believe there are some kids in Japan who genuinely are excited about going to Mars.
Dresden
on the run
(01-23-2013, 12:00 AM)
Dresden's Avatar

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol



Originally Posted by Regulus Tera


Is the manga really popular? I wanna believe there are some kids in Japan who genuinely are excited about going to Mars.

Yeah, it's one of the best selling manga in Japan.
Kurita
Member
(01-23-2013, 12:01 AM)
Kurita's Avatar
They seriously need to bring Space Brothers (manga or anime) in more countries, gotta make people dream about space again.

Originally Posted by Regulus Tera

It sounds like NTR antics!

Is the manga really popular? I wanna believe there are some kids in Japan who genuinely are excited about going to Mars.

4th best selling manga in 2012.
Branduil
Member
(01-23-2013, 12:01 AM)
Branduil's Avatar

Originally Posted by dimb

Annoying?

I knew it was going to be this but I clicked anyway for some reason.
wonzo
Ascending the eternal
spiritual elevator
(01-23-2013, 12:01 AM)
wonzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regulus Tera

It sounds like NTR antics!

Is the manga really popular? I wanna believe there are some kids in Japan who genuinely are excited about going to Mars.

Nothing speaks fun like falling into moon craters.
trejo
Member
(01-23-2013, 12:01 AM)

Originally Posted by RurouniZel

Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol

If their only interactions with us are when we raid their failed "OMG major scoopz!" threads, would you really blame them?
Narag
Member
(01-23-2013, 12:01 AM)
Narag's Avatar
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 3

Three eps in on a wonderfully sound premise tripped up by some shoddy execution. Lots of questions I should have about the cast that I don't because they're unrelatable and I don't know shit about them past them being a gang of thoughtful thieves compromised of Not Lupin, the rarity of anime in the sister he doesn't want to fuck, the gumless wonderdog, the crazy foreign necromancer, the shrine maiden, and old dude.

Yet I still like it. Probably because of that badass armor of his. Gun antics to end the ep was kinda wild even if it did remind me of wonzo's Musashi Gundoh fever dreams.
Trojita
Member
(01-23-2013, 12:03 AM)
Trojita's Avatar
what was someone saying was the comedy of the season? I can't find the post.
wonzo
Ascending the eternal
spiritual elevator
(01-23-2013, 12:04 AM)
wonzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

what was someone saying was the comedy of the season? I can't find the post.

kotoura-san
jgminto
Buttocks unclenched.
Now fill me in.
(01-23-2013, 12:04 AM)
jgminto's Avatar
These days gaming side scares me. I really don't want to hear that this or that is the worst game ever or about "non-games" or whatever other bullshit. No one ever wants to talk about the good, it's always the bad.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(01-23-2013, 12:05 AM)
BGBW's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

what was someone saying was the comedy of the season? I can't find the post.

Well there's new Gintama this season so that's basically all you need.

Thread Tools