• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

t26
(01-22-2013, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by test_account

Its doubtful. Pirate Warriors 1 did however get a retail and PSN release in Europe, while the US only got the PSN release. But even so, i still doubt that a Vita version will come out in the west. At least import is possible, but then there is the language barrier of course (unless one knows japanese).

But One Piece is a lot more popular in Europe, a couple of DS, 3DS , and Wii One Piece games got Europe release.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(01-22-2013, 01:19 AM)

Originally Posted by t26

But One Piece is a lot more popular in Europe, a couple of DS, 3DS , and Wii One Piece games got Europe release.

Yeah, i think that is why Pirate Warriors 1 for PS3 got a phyiscal release as well in Europe. But releasing it only for PSN in Europe is doubtful in my opinion. I imagine that they would release it in the US then as well. Maybe it is not 100% impossible, but i would guess no.
KillerTravis
Banned
(01-22-2013, 01:20 AM)
Lazy = no decent sales potential?
Ignis Fatuus
Banned
(01-22-2013, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by BassForever

They've already confirmed both of those things in scans and videos, Luffy is seen using Gomu Gomu no UFO and Eneru was confirmed playable aka playable villains.

I can't wait to play as Akainu and exterminate some pirate scum.
test_account
XP-39Cē
(01-22-2013, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by KillerTravis

Lazy = no decent sales potential?

It comes down to money and sales potential indeed. One might wonder how big of a financial risk it actually is to release it though. The game is already made and the translation is already done. All that basically needs to be done in developement is to apply the translation to the Vita version. There will be no costs with making physical copies either.
hitmon
(01-22-2013, 01:41 AM)
Looks like I'll have to import an Asian PS3 version if there is one. I prefer a physical copy.

Also unfortunate there will be no Vita version in NA.
zeopower6
(01-22-2013, 01:51 AM)
Unfortunate that there's not even a digital VITA version. More games = more of a reason for people to even get the system... :(
dragonflys545
(01-22-2013, 01:58 AM)
YES! YES! YES! All over my BODY!
dragonflys545
(01-22-2013, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by BatDan

Project X Zone and Pirate Warriors 2? Today is a good day.

I'm guessing by the quick turn around that we won't get the dub actors again? That's a shame.

Not a shame at all because DUBS are terrible!
dragonflys545
(01-22-2013, 02:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Lin Siniang

Someone explain their logic for these games release history?

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 360/ps3
DYNASTY Warriors Gundam 3 - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 XL and Empires - ps3 only
One Piece Warriors - ps3 only
Warriors Orochi 3 - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3
One Piece Warriors 2 - ps3 only

Not port begging but the inconsistency is annoying and more than a little illogical.

Deal with it. 8 might be exclusive too.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(01-22-2013, 02:31 AM)
If for some godly reason Project Versus J is announced only for PS3 ... I will send a brand new Vita to Namco Bandai's US headquarters, with a message that reads, "Do you eat shit?".

Of course that won't happen, because A) Project Versus J ain't being localized, and B) if it was I imagine Scamco being Scamco, will wait for long after the JPN release so that people can import the expensive version, and then double dip. At which point it could be revealed that the game is a turd so I wouldn't want it anyways.

Also, with them not interested in OP:PW2 Vita we can also rule those Digimon World, and Idolm@ster trademarks as them sitting on more stuff because they can.
SykoTech
(01-22-2013, 03:51 AM)
Seemed like a given, but nice to get the 100% confirmation anyway.

A little worried about how much this game is going to cover tough. It's coming out in March in Japan. Yet Skypiea, Eneru, Kuma, and timeskip versions of the rest of the Straw Hats are the only big reveals so far. I really hope they're just keeping a lot of things under wraps this time or something.
The Grim Heaper
(01-22-2013, 03:56 AM)

Originally Posted by SykoTech

Seemed like a given, but nice to get the 100% confirmation anyway.

A little worried about how much this game is going to cover tough. It's coming out in March in Japan. Yet Skypiea, Eneru, Kuma, and timeskip versions of the rest of the Straw Hats are the only big reveals so far. I really hope they're just keeping a lot of things under wraps this time or something.

Thriller Bark is bound to be in(so likely Moriah and possibly Perona) since the scan with Kuma confirmed zombies. So there's that, at the very least... I'm hoping for more bosses/villains to be playable and the inclusion of Smoker is definitely necessary this time around.
SykoTech
(01-22-2013, 05:39 AM)

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper

Thriller Bark is bound to be in(so likely Moriah and possibly Perona) since the scan with Kuma confirmed zombies. So there's that, at the very least... I'm hoping for more bosses/villains to be playable and the inclusion of Smoker is definitely necessary this time around.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Thriller Bark. I hope Perona gets in alongside Moria as well. She's awesome and her fight with Usopp was my 2nd favorite moment of that arc. But yeah, still waiting for some solid info on just how large the game's scope will be compared to the first. Something that makes it clear that this isn't just a quick "expansion" sequel and that they're going all out. Smoker would be a great start, but something like "all of the Warlords present and playable" would hit the spot a bit more.

Speaking of that, I hope Kuma's confirmation means that all "villains" present in the previous game are playable this time (okay, those were actually Pacifistas but virtually the same thing). I need my playable Crocodile.
thepainlibrary
(01-22-2013, 05:42 AM)
yeah yeah but

Franky's english VA
Byronic Hero
(01-22-2013, 05:43 AM)

Originally Posted by thepainlibrary

yeah yeah but

Franky's english VA

What about it? Game's not dubbed.
Lin Siniang
(01-22-2013, 05:48 AM)

Originally Posted by dragonflys545

Deal with it. 8 might be exclusive too.

Unlikely. If you're going to tell me to "deal with it" please don't bother with sweet nothings.
RyoonZ
(01-22-2013, 05:53 AM)
Will get Asian disc version.
Love Musou-esque game. The PSP's Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact is awesome too. Hope CC2 will make the sequel for it on Vita with more character.
mao2
(01-22-2013, 05:53 AM)

Unlikely. If you're going to tell me to "deal with it" please don't bother with sweet nothings.

If you like Warriors/ Musou series, you really should consider getting a PS3.
Rafa=FedKilla
(01-22-2013, 06:02 AM)
Little OT, but any news or rumors on when we will get another fighting game? Loved the one on the GC.
Lin Siniang
(01-22-2013, 06:27 AM)

Originally Posted by mao2

If you like Warriors/ Musou series, you really should consider getting a PS3.

I actually own a ps3 and One Piece Pirate Warriors. I'm just commenting on the inconsistency, is all. Because more Musou for all is fantastic.
kuroshiki
(01-22-2013, 06:37 AM)

I actually own a ps3 and One Piece Pirate Warriors. I'm just commenting on the inconsistency, is all. Because more Musou for all is fantastic.

For whom?
Lin Siniang
(01-22-2013, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by kuroshiki

For whom?

For 360 owners, of course.

I'm disappointed they didn't put DW7+XL on Steam because more audience numbers is good among slagging software sales in the west.
nelsonroyale
(01-22-2013, 07:37 AM)
No Vita version in the UK = No buy.

Not going to get this for PS3.
Jaroof
(01-22-2013, 08:02 AM)
No Vita version? Aww :(

Oh well. I'm still getting this. I love the first one.
Still hop on it from time to time.
PepsimanVsJoe
(01-22-2013, 08:06 AM)

I'm disappointed they didn't put DW7+XL on Steam because more audience numbers is good among slagging software sales in the west.

Holy crap that would be awesome.

Get that 60 fps.
Byronic Hero
(01-22-2013, 08:09 AM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

No Vita version in the UK = No buy.

Not going to get this for PS3.

US isn't getting the Vita version either. And why, pray tell, are you my going to get the PS3 version? Not getting a game just because they didn't release it on another system is dumb. That's like me not wanting to buy Ni no Kuni because they aren't bring over the DS version too.
Wazzy
(01-22-2013, 08:15 AM)
I completely forgot that the first game is out. I'll have to pick it up sometime this week. Hopefully it's not too expensive since I already have a couple other games I'm looking into buying.

As for the sequel, I don't have as much time for console gaming so it's unfortunate to hear this isn't coming to vita.
GraveHorizon
poop meter feature creep
(01-22-2013, 08:18 AM)
Another game I won't be getting for my Vita. I don't know if I'll ever increase my purchase rate past 1 Vita game per year if they keep not releasing stuff I want.
dakkumauji
(01-22-2013, 08:19 AM)

Once again too much work for them when they generally focus on Japan and Japan doesn't really care about PC.

Even though it could have been pretty easy because they already ported DW7 and XL into one package onto PC last year I think.
dan2026
Banned
(01-22-2013, 11:04 AM)

Originally Posted by GraveHorizon

Another game I won't be getting for my Vita. I don't know if I'll ever increase my purchase rate past 1 Vita game per year if they keep not releasing stuff I want.

You and me both buddy.
Being a Vita fan is suffering.
Lin Siniang
(01-22-2013, 11:55 AM)

Originally Posted by dakkumauji

Once again too much work for them when they generally focus on Japan and Japan doesn't really care about PC.

Even though it could have been pretty easy because they already ported DW7 and XL into one package onto PC last year I think.

I don't see why putting DW7 on the largest DD service in English is "too much work".

They had DW7+XL in steam registry last year. Still no release. Wasted opportunities.
The Grim Heaper
(01-23-2013, 04:07 PM)
YES!!

Thriller Bark is confirmed! Moriah is seemingly the boss and, even better news!

Post-Timeskip Perona is playable! :D

BE STILL MY HEART
Last edited by The Grim Heaper; 01-23-2013 at 04:10 PM.
dakkumauji
(01-23-2013, 05:57 PM)

YES!!

BE STILL MY HEART

Very nice news to all of that.

Not that it is just Perona, but post-timeskip Perona.
Ignis Fatuus
Banned
(01-23-2013, 06:39 PM)

:O
SykoTech
(01-23-2013, 07:30 PM)
Oh shit. And here I was complaining about underwhelming reveals so far. Was even certain Perona would show up, let alone be playable.

HYPE.
nelsonroyale
(01-23-2013, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Byronic Hero

US isn't getting the Vita version either. And why, pray tell, are you my going to get the PS3 version? Not getting a game just because they didn't release it on another system is dumb. That's like me not wanting to buy Ni no Kuni because they aren't bring over the DS version too.

Rather it is because I don't think the game will be that great, and there are games coming out for the PS3 during the same time frame that I will be playing in the time allot to home gaming.
Kusagari
(01-23-2013, 07:38 PM)

YES!!

BE STILL MY HEART

Well this just became a day one purchase.
Byronic Hero
(01-23-2013, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

Rather it is because I don't think the game will be that great, and there are games coming out for the PS3 during the same time frame that I will be playing in the time allot to home gaming.

Oh, I thought it was because we weren't getting the vita version. My fault.

Also, time skip Perona sounds like a good time. Think ill start the first one this weekend.
The Grim Heaper
(01-31-2013, 02:19 AM)
A new trailer has appeared! Showing off almost everything we've seen from scans and such.
dakkumauji
(01-31-2013, 02:26 AM)

A new trailer has appeared! Showing off almost everything we've seen from scans and such.

I gotta say, it looks weird using post-timeskip moves while fighting zombies.

Looks good, but the info so far seems quite sparse. Mostly on what's coming back from the first game.
SykoTech
(01-31-2013, 02:35 AM)
At about 1:18 in that trailer...Loguetown?

I hope so.
crinale
(07-26-2013, 08:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey

Oh wow, what, just noticed this on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/One_Piece_P...n-70-3uw0.html

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (English Version)

From other thread.. So English version for Vita exists after all?
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(07-26-2013, 08:44 AM)

Originally Posted by crinale

From other thread.. So English version for Vita exists after all?

There were rumors and an Amazon France listing that said the Vita version would be coming over after all.
Jawmuncher
(07-26-2013, 08:51 AM)
I forgot all about this. Regardless if the reviews are to my liking ill definitely grab it on vita. Also Namco has been doing good work on localizing games as of late.
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(07-26-2013, 08:56 AM)
So how big of an improvement is this game? While I did enjoy the first game, it felt a bit bare bones.