• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Killthee
helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(01-19-2013, 05:37 PM)
Saw Kass tweet out that US accounts now have the option too and sure enough it's there when I visit the SEN site.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...trument.action
shagg_187
lapdance transform pants
(01-19-2013, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Killthee

Saw Kass tweet out that US accounts now have the option too and sure enough it's there when I visit the SEN site.

Nice!!
WickedCobra03
(01-19-2013, 05:46 PM)
After the Fifa Xbox Live! thing and then the PSN network hack, I am only using those PSN cards or a pre-paid card. Not worth the trouble. Nothing happened from Xbox Live! other than them charging me for a year of xbox live after my old card expired and holding my Live account hostage unless I paid $60 for another year of xbox live (finally got it sorted out, but still it took awhile, and all that effort). And PSN I am not sure about.... I had some weird purchases on my card around Easter when that happened, so I am not going to blame anyone, but it was a pretty timely incident.
18-Volt
(01-19-2013, 05:58 PM)

Now this is way better option than Amazon for us those in Europe but using US accounts.
GayForMaster
Banned
(01-19-2013, 05:59 PM)
Damn about time?
DonMigs85
(01-19-2013, 06:05 PM)
It works, was able to load funds to my US account from the Philippines.
Aru
(01-21-2013, 05:55 AM)
When I try to use Paypal to add funds to my US account, I'm redirected to another page after clicking on the Continue button. The new page says "Choose one of the following payment methods:" but nothing appears. Any workaround ?
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(01-21-2013, 05:58 AM)

Originally Posted by DonMigs85

So the US will let you add from anywhere but not EU?
jwk94
(01-21-2013, 06:04 AM)
I"ve been using CC to add funds to my PSN since you can just delete the info when you want from the account management page. However, this does seem rather interesting. Is there a way to set it up so it functions like it would if I had my CC directly on the Ps3/Vita? As in it automatically takes funds from my CC through PayPal upon checkout.
Ravage
(01-21-2013, 06:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Aru

When I try to use Paypal to add funds to my US account, I'm redirected to another page after clicking on the Continue button. The new page says "Choose one of the following payment methods:" but nothing appears. Any workaround ?

Same here :/
Killthee
(01-21-2013, 09:00 AM)

Originally Posted by jwk94

I"ve been using CC to add funds to my PSN since you can just delete the info when you want from the account management page. However, this does seem rather interesting. Is there a way to set it up so it functions like it would if I had my CC directly on the Ps3/Vita? As in it automatically takes funds from my CC through PayPal upon checkout.

Not at the moment. Their Android services do allow it, but it doesn't look like they've gotten around to updating the PS Store to add the option.

Top Off Your Sony Entertainment Network Wallet With PayPal

Many of you have been asking for it, so we’re happy to announce that you can now add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network wallet by using PayPal.

Your wallet can be used to purchase games from PlayStation Store, movies and TV episodes from the Video Unlimited service, subscriptions to the Music Unlimited service, and more.

Adding funds to your wallet through PayPal is easy. Just sign into your Sony Entertainment Network account, select “Add Funds” then “PayPal” and transfer any amount from $5 to $150 to your wallet. You can also add funds to your wallet from PayPal on your Android device via the Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited or PS Mobile applications. First, select “Account” and “Wallet,” then “Add Funds to Wallet” and the “PayPal” option.

Now that it’s easier to fund your wallet, what game, movie or TV show are you going to buy first? Let us know!

Oh wow, so that means I can use my credit card to load my US PSN account now via PayPal?
DaSorcerer7
(01-21-2013, 09:09 AM)
this is excellent news
foobarry81
(01-21-2013, 09:09 AM)

Originally Posted by shagg_187

Looks like it's UK only.

SCEE wins again...

Not just UK... Europe. I can confirm it works in Belgium too now.
Qvoth
(01-21-2013, 09:15 AM)

How are you doing that when someone mentioned on the previous page that your paypal region has to be the same as your psn region?
Chris_C
(01-21-2013, 09:18 AM)

Really? Also in the PI, tried to add funds but after being told I was being taken to an external processor (PayPal) it said, please choose a payment option below... there were no options.
Killthee
(01-21-2013, 09:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Chris_C

Really? Also in the PI, tried to add funds but after being told I was being taken to an external processor (PayPal) it said, please choose a payment option below... there were no options.

It could be down at the moment. I'm in the US and I'm getting the same blank screen.
mao2
(01-21-2013, 09:29 AM)
I just tried and got the blank screen too. :(
vall03
(01-21-2013, 09:32 AM)

no more buying of cards from Datablitz! yes! Also, we can only use PayPal through the SEN site right? Hope they put the option on PS3 and Vita storefronts, and then add the feature to load exact amounts.
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(01-21-2013, 09:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Qvoth

How are you doing that when someone mentioned on the previous page that your paypal region has to be the same as your psn region?

Maybe the PayPal transaction went through but the fund were not added to the wallet, we will need a confirmation.
Bjoern the Smexy
(01-21-2013, 09:36 AM)
I didn't keep up with this topic.
Can Germany finally pay via PayPal, too?
Ollie Pooch
In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
(01-21-2013, 09:40 AM)
BOO. Looks like PCGameSupply will keep getting my business. Even with their activation code it's still considerably cheaper than AU PSN.
Qvoth
(01-21-2013, 10:28 AM)
oh well, subscibing this thread, need to get more info
i really really want to buy GGXXAC+ :(
Koralsky
(01-21-2013, 12:01 PM)
Still blank screen :/

I'm from Eastern Europe.
Netto-kun
(01-21-2013, 12:59 PM)
I tried to add $5 to my US account on Saturday. Received an e-mail saying that I had to wait for merchant to process my payment. Checked my PayPal account today and saw this.

So I guess it won't work for Europeans? Oh well, at least buying codes from Amazon is still works perfectly fine.
18-Volt
(01-21-2013, 01:06 PM)
This is strange. When it was first announced I managed to load 10 dollars with my US paypal account (and bought Red Dead Revolver with it), now it doesn't work. It's down I guess.

Originally Posted by Netto-kun

So I guess it won't work for Europeans? Oh well, at least buying codes from Amazon is still works perfectly fine.

It DID work for us Europeans, I have loaded 10 dollars on Saturday too, it worked smoothly. It just doesn't work right now.
Last edited by 18-Volt; 01-21-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Shahed
(01-21-2013, 01:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Netto-kun

I tried to add $5 to my US account on Saturday. Received an e-mail saying that I had to wait for merchant to process my payment. Checked my PayPal account today and saw this.

Yeah i tried this initially for my US account. Didn't work so I just use Amazon instead
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(01-22-2013, 05:31 AM)

Originally Posted by 18-Volt

It DID work for us Europeans, I have loaded 10 dollars on Saturday too, it worked smoothly. It just doesn't work right now.

This is so terrible. Do they have to pay a lot of money to PayPal to allow anyone to get points? They can impose tax like MS do.
Qvoth
(01-22-2013, 08:44 AM)
Any news on those that tried this yesterday?
Killthee
(01-23-2013, 05:46 PM)
It's working now, no longer getting the blank page.

Ravage
(01-23-2013, 05:56 PM)
Yup just tried it, and it works!

edit: spoke too soon, transaction was cancelled ;(
Last edited by Ravage; 01-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
jwk94
(01-23-2013, 05:59 PM)

Not at the moment. Their Android services do allow it, but it doesn't look like they've gotten around to updating the PS Store to add the option.

Alright, thanks!
GMM
Banned
(01-23-2013, 06:02 PM)
I love the convinience PayPal gives me, but damn is that company scum.
Stampy
(01-23-2013, 06:19 PM)
So this should work for Europeans with US accounts?
Blue Submarine No. 6
(01-23-2013, 06:29 PM)
I just did it from Ottawa, Ontario and it worked like a charm... and it makes the Paypal charge in Canadian $$ (no larcenous exchange rate!). Thanks Sony, you done good...
Freshmaker
I am Korean.
(01-23-2013, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Sleeplessnights

Finally! You can now use PayPal to add funds to your wallet.

Paypal is garbage. Less things should accept Paypal, not more.
Qvoth
(01-24-2013, 06:24 AM)
Can someone who has a different paypal region account from their NA psn account confirm that both regions don't have to be the same to use this feature?
TheBatman
(01-24-2013, 06:27 AM)
Just noticed this now. So awesome Paypal has been added. :D
EDarkness
(01-28-2013, 07:00 AM)
I'm in Japan and tried to use PayPal to add money to my U.S. Wallet and it also canceled. I guess back to PC Game Supply for me. :)
Aru
(01-28-2013, 07:19 AM)
I've not completed a funding operation yet, but I've gotten to the Paypal confirm page (with the amount and my credit card number displayed) and it didn't seem to reject my non-US credit card. I will check for sure when I want to buy a game on PSN next time.