• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

phosphor112
Banned
(01-23-2013, 07:06 PM)

Originally Posted by botty

The grass. All of the grass is moving.

Have you played any game with grass in the past couple years? Lol.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(01-23-2013, 07:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Mockingbird

Yeah but this was during the time of Xenosaga Ep III after II was meh.

Those games still sold way better than BK though. My point is that Monolithsoft is not a developer unable to develop games which sell well. BK is just an unprofitable series because there isn't much appeal. Even the shitty Monolithsoft games by the NxC team sell pretty well. If Honne ever wants to make a game like BK again, it'll have to be as a new IP imo.
skypunch
(01-23-2013, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Coolwhip

From the ND thread.

This is a cool comparison for the people comparing X to Monster Hunter.
blackflag
(01-23-2013, 07:07 PM)
Whoahhhhhhh!!! In my Veins Now!!!!!
MvmntInGrn
(01-23-2013, 07:08 PM)

The grass. All of the grass is moving.

And popping in during the approach to the largest dinosaur-thing. Hope they fix than Xenoblade already had a lot of that.

Still very pretty.
mclem
So I was staring at this image, and thinking a bit, and I think I see explicit confirmation that this is a direct sequel to Xenoblade.

As those of you who've played Xenoblade will know, there's a day/night cycle in the game; different monsters appear at different times, for instance, with occasional 'special weather conditions' leading to special monsters appearing.

While we don't see any day/night cycle directly, there *is* a clock for some reason, and I think inspecting the clock does give a pretty big hint that this might be a sequel to Xenoblade.
duckroll

Originally Posted by skypunch

I just realised that the green circular target that appears in battle enables you to target different parts of an enemies body. With the massive dinosaur at the start of the trailer you can target each leg and everything else. Awesome!

Originally Posted by bobbychalkers

I don't know if these were gif'd yet

....dat scale

That's a great catch. Solid observation. Along with the weapon switching (?) mechanic and the mechs, it's obvious that this game will have lots more choices in combat. Definitely a huge plus, especially for a game where you only control one character directly.
Mr. Fix
(01-23-2013, 07:09 PM)
This and Monster Hunter Ultimate will be glorious. They got that clean look.
MisterHero

Originally Posted by ohlawd

how does that happen when they showed the game off in a NoA and NoE ND?

Monado was marketed by NoA press but almost didn't make it.

I really want it to be a sequel. It'd be a waste to not use such a great English voice cast again.
majik13

Originally Posted by phosphor112

serious, even all of xenoblades grass moved, if I am not mistaken. I was a little disappointing that the characters are not moving interacting with the grass still though. Looks like it is wind only again.
botty
(01-23-2013, 07:10 PM)

Originally Posted by phosphor112

Not on the Wii U.

OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather
(01-23-2013, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by mclem

So I was staring at this image, and thinking a bit, and I think I see explicit confirmation that this is a direct sequel to Xenoblade.

As those of you who've played Xenoblade will know, there's a day/night cycle in the game; different monsters appear at different times, for instance, with occasional 'special weather conditions' leading to special monsters appearing.

While we don't see any day/night cycle directly, there *is* a clock for some reason, and I think inspecting the clock does give a pretty big hint that this might be a sequel to Xenoblade.

There is a clock, and it says Reyn in that screen! TIME RE:YN :lol
DaBoss
(01-23-2013, 07:12 PM)

lol who changed the time on that clock to say Reyn Time.
TWILT
ASDSODIEROIASDMSALDJACXCZ I JUST CAME AN ENTIRE OCEAN.

Damnit, I don't want to buy a Wii U yet ;_;.
Akai

Originally Posted by MisterHero

It was not "marketed". The game's trailer was shoved into an E3 press kit with absolutely zero fanfare...
perorist
Just woke up, I'm dying here. I have a copy of Xenoblade but no Wii so I haven't played that yet. However Xenogears is my favorite game of all time and those little details in the trailer tugged on my heartstrings in all the right ways.

If this doesn't get a simultaneous NA release I'm just going to import a Wii U.
Easy_D
never left the stone age
(01-23-2013, 07:13 PM)
Reminds me of Joffrey ):
Wichu

:lol
OfWhiteSkinOnRedLeather

Originally Posted by DaBoss

Aw man, he did change it. lol Still awesome!
Neiteio
I just saw the trailer, and WOW, looks great! :O
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(01-23-2013, 07:14 PM)
Lol @ Reyn time.
phosphor112
Banned
(01-23-2013, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by majik13

serious, even all of xenoblades grass moved, if I am not mistaken. I was a little disappointing that the characters are not moving interacting with the grass still though. Looks like it is wind only again.

Yeah... Lol

Not on the Wii U.

I feel like COD has grass that moves. I may be wrong. Haven't played one since 4, and even then I didn't own that.
Aru
(01-23-2013, 07:15 PM)
Please Monolith Soft. Please get rid of the auto-attack system.
Otherwise I'm not buying this game !
guek

wat.

That's hilarious
likeGdid
The music in the trailer alone convinced me to buy a Wii U and this.

This Hiroyuki Sawano is amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0ypJuULFI
skypunch

Originally Posted by duckroll

That's a great catch. Solid observation. Along with the weapon switching (?) mechanic and the mechs, it's obvious that this game will have lots more choices in combat. Definitely a huge plus, especially for a game where you only control one character directly.

Yep. I can see this happening. I just know Monolith have created a fantastic battle system.
Hero
(01-23-2013, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Shinta

Would be pretty funny if Nintendo decides to not localize this one.

Pretty sure NoA learned their lesson.
duckroll
Can someone gif the weapon switching scene at about 0:36 of the trailer? I'm really curious as to how it works. Being able to equip a sub-weapon would be awesome.
hubang

Originally Posted by MisterHero

I really want it to be a sequel. It'd be a waste to not use such a great English voice cast again.

Indeed, probably one of the best voice casts for any game.
Lissar
Reluctant Member
(01-23-2013, 07:18 PM)
While I am very excited for the game, the visual design leaves me a bit disappointed. If it were another series I might not have noticed, but it just seems a bit dull in comparison to Xenoblade. And the face at the end made me think, "Are they going to try hyper-realistic anime faces? Because that doesn't usually work out well..." But, honestly, I'm just excited to be getting another one, so I won't complain TOO much no matter what they do.
Seance
(01-23-2013, 07:18 PM)
Awesome track in the trailer, this is the first WiiU title that has really peaked my interest.
RaijinFY
(01-23-2013, 07:19 PM)
Meanwhile at Square-Enix...
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(01-23-2013, 07:20 PM)
I am more inclined to believe its a new ip (or a xenogears related title at my most optimistic.) What point win there in not just calling it Xenoblade 2, if that's what it is.
Poyunch
(01-23-2013, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Lissar

While I am very excited for the game, the visual design leaves me a bit disappointed. If it were another series I might not have noticed, but it just seems a bit dull in comparison to Xenoblade. And the face at the end made me think, "Are they going to try hyper-realistic anime faces? Because that doesn't usually work out well..." But, honestly, I'm just excited to be getting another one, so I won't complain TOO much no matter what they do.

Anything would be better than the terrible face models of Xenoblade.
A.E Suggs
(01-23-2013, 07:21 PM)
Sigh....alright nintendo you want me to by a wiiU.....Oh that's right! I'm one of the few mutherfuckers that actually owns a wiiU!

Over the course of a few pages I guess we lost about 10 people at the most by it having multiplayer in it. I mean why wouldn't it, I can't remember the last time a single player game was a bigger system seller than a multiplayer one so I don't know why this is a surprise.
duckroll
(01-23-2013, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Poyunch

Soma Bringer and Xenoblade had awful character designs. Internal Monolithsoft artists aren't very good with faces. :(
Psycho_Mantis
(01-23-2013, 07:22 PM)

Originally Posted by likeGdid

The music in the trailer alone convinced me to buy a Wii U and this.

This Hiroyuki Sawano is amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0ypJuULFI

Amazing. Simply amazing.
Clevinger
(01-23-2013, 07:23 PM)
Needs more color, and the face at the end looked like ass, but then again Xenoblade looked way, way better when it was released than when it was first unveiled, right? And they didn't get the Xenoblade composers back? That sucks.

Everything else looks great.
Hattori

Originally Posted by Aru

Please Monolith Soft. Please get rid of the auto-attack system.
Otherwise I'm not buying this game !

You can't turn it off?
Last edited by Hattori; 01-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Lissar
Reluctant Member

Originally Posted by Poyunch

I admittedly hated them at first, but got used to them. Though obviously I would NOT want to go back to them. It's obvious that they won't have to cut quite so many corners with this new game, but it doesn't guarantee that it won't look awkward all the same. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Taruranto
<3 BioWare <3
(01-23-2013, 07:24 PM)

Soma Bringer and Xenoblade had awful character designs. Internal Monolithsoft artists aren't very good with faces. :(

It's a shame because ep. III was very beautiful.
Persona86
Banned
(01-23-2013, 07:24 PM)
So anyone think we will have split screen coop with this? So one player is on the tv and the other on the WiiU gamepad, without slowdown? That would be pretty cool.
duckroll
(01-23-2013, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by _Keiichi_

It's a shame because ep. III was very beautiful.

Disaster also had fine character art. It's too bad the Takahashi team has a shitty character artist! Some of Ep3's character art was by Choco iirc. The guy who did the mecha designs for the Vector mechs in the series. It's the internal dudes who suck.

Brazil
(01-23-2013, 07:27 PM)

lmao
Dragonzord
coaches in the WNBA
(01-23-2013, 07:27 PM)
It's a bummer this exists because it means, if Xenoblade's anything to go by, we now know the best the Wii U can look ;)

Which looks quite good, but I'm just saying, Xenoblade's grass textures were the most amazing graphical thing on the wii to me. Just because there was so much of it.
skypunch
(01-23-2013, 07:28 PM)
This is just speculation but at the 0:41 mark in the trailer, it looks like the "doll" that is stationed next to you has ether flowing through its armour just like the faces had in Xenoblade. Could be ether, anyway.
Sophia
IN TAKAHASHI WE TRUST.

brb, going go to watch the video of the mech taking off again just because I don't seem to fully grasp the scale of the world.
Shinta
Shilla

Originally Posted by Persona86

So anyone think we will have split screen coop with this? So one player is on the tv and the other on the WiiU gamepad, without slowdown? That would be pretty cool.

The game looks like Phantasy Star to me, so it's not impossible I guess.
majik13

Originally Posted by Persona86

that would be pretty sick, and i am sure they could scale back IQ for splitscreen, its not like it is unheard of. Its just will they do it?

Seems like it could be a first, to play a gigantic open world RPG splitscreen. I am sure it has been done somewhere, but I dont remember any.
Doombear
(01-23-2013, 07:29 PM)

No. He killed one enemy before he died. The pop-up is a drop from that enemy. Lol.

I thought the exact same thing, but going back to watch the trailer again I don't know. I think the reddish box is the monster HP, your HP is below that. I think the monster that jumps actually kills "Tester" who had pretty low HP (hence the warning at the bottom perhaps?).

If you look at some of the other fights, the monster HP is that red box and even in the gif that red box seems to match the HP on the jumper.
Last edited by Doombear; 01-23-2013 at 07:31 PM.