• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

Iacobellis

... Wooow. My hype had dropped considerably since the announcement, as I had (have) this feeling that this would be a small, easy, gimmicky platformer. But damn does that look gorgeous.

I am in the same boat as you. Around Gamescom time I wasn't really intrigued by this, and had my focus on Black Ops and Killzone. I might try out Tearaway, but I am definitely getting Killzone, and maybe Soul Sacrifice. Sly Cooper might get picked up next week as well!

RoKKeR

I am in the same boat as you. Around Gamescom time I wasn't really intrigued by this, and had my focus on Black Ops and Killzone. I might try out Tearaway, but I am definitely getting Killzone, and maybe Soul Sacrifice. Sly Cooper might get picked up next week as well!
Speaking of Soul Sacrifice, what's the deal with localization? Any news? Haven't been following it closely.

Iacobellis

Speaking of Soul Sacrifice, what's the deal with localization? Any news? Haven't been following it closely.

Release date? Nothing as of yet. I am expecting some sort of announcement at Destination PlayStation. By that time the JP demo will be a couple months old.

Squire

Banned

It's being localized, but only Somy Japan has been mentioning it recently. Only they have the demo and their release plans are locked in. If we were getting it in March (like they are) I think we'd know by now, so I assume the western territories are looking at a late spring/early summer release.

Iacobellis

It's being localized, but only Somy Japan has been mentioning it recently. Only they have the demo and their release plans are locked in. If we were getting it in March (like they are) I think we'd know by now, so I assume the western territories are looking at a late spring/early summer release.

I would not mind that all. I loved having Resistance and Gravity Rush to keep me occupied for part of the summer. Even getting LBP a few weeks after school started was such a treat.

jgmo870

Banned
Need that gif showing the game environments.

This?
ivAqSWdqlBg81.gif

Fuck...this having an actual SP campaign and seeing Tearaway again is making me regret selling my Vita months ago.

Anybody have a good list of Vita games that are now available for the system and releasing in the future?

Iacobellis

Fuck...this having an actual SP campaign and seeing Tearaway again is making me regret selling my Vita months ago.

Anybody have a good list of Vita games that are now available for the system and releasing in the future?

Not a really comprehensive list, but you've got P4G, LBP, Soul Sacarifice, Killzone, Sly Cooper, Tearaway, and the inevitable Uncharted:GA 2.

And Gravity Rush 2.

jgmo870

Banned
Not a really comprehensive list, but you've got P4G, LBP, Soul Sacarifice, Killzone, Sly Cooper, Tearaway, and the inevitable Uncharted:GA 2.

And Gravity Rush 2.

From what I can remember:
PSABR, Wipeout 2048, and Lib are already out.
Over my Dead Body 2 and a new Legend of Heroes this year in Japan.
Most likely Ys localization and Dragon's Crown too.

RoKKeR

And Gravity Rush 2.

Damn, what a solid list. Makes the "Vita has no games" argument even more ridiculous.

-PXG-

I've really been waiting to see more of this. I'm sure I'll shit myself when I finally get this in my hands.

So damn happy I finally own a Vita.

It definitely will be. I can see 2013 and onwards being the definitive "Year of the Vita", as Sony would like to put it. Killzone and Tearaway this year, Uncharted: GA 2 and Gravity Rush 2 in the future.

"The future is looking bright."

That should definitely be Sony's new slogan for the Vita.

If the vita last long enough for a Gravity Rush sequel, then mission accomplished.

Iacobellis

If the vita last long enough for a Gravity Rush sequel, then mission accomplished.

I don't see why people assume the Vita is going to get canned. Sony is not a dying company like SEGA was in 2001. There were murmurs of the PS3 being discontinued in 2007, but that never happened.

DigitalOp

Banned
The reason why my hype is really starting to rise is because I think Killzone is gonna usher in the next wave of Vita content. I didn't even know it was coming as early as Q2/Q3?!

The Vita had a very rocky start; depending on who you ask, but ever since I got mine this past holiday Ive been pretty satisfied overwhelmingly.

The hardware should be regarded as a high point in handheld gaming IMO.

That being said I feel like Killzone will be a solid addition to the ever-growing Vita lineup. I see great things for this little machine.

The reason why my hype is really starting to rise is because I think Killzone is gonna usher in the next wave of Vita content. I didn't even know it was coming as early as Q2/Q3?!

The Vita had a very rocky start; depending on who you ask, but ever since I got mine this past holiday Ive been pretty satisfied overwhelmingly.

The hardware should be regarded as a high point in handheld gaming IMO.

That being said I feel like Killzone will be a solid addition to the ever-growing Vita lineup. I see great things for this little machine.

I just hope Sony was smart and had more small teams of their best studios make a vita exclusive like Media Molecule is doing. What could a 15 person team from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Sucker Punch produce? That is want I am hoping for. Wishful thinking and all that, but waiting for 3rd parties is not the answer.

DiscoJer

I just hope Sony was smart and had more small teams of their best studios make a vita exclusive like Media Molecule is doing. What could a 15 person team from Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Sucker Punch produce? That is want I am hoping for. Wishful thinking and all that, but waiting for 3rd parties is not the answer.

I just don't see how that is going to help though. Small, quirky games like that are directly competing with mobile, which is a fight the Vita can't win. It's going to be drowned out by the thousands of people making games for mobile.

It needs more AAA games made by full teams from their best studios.

Killzone is a nice start, but that IP has a lot of baggage attached, I think if people buy it, it's going to be because it's the only decent FPS on the Vita, not because of Killzone.

Duffyside

Banned

No, but I'll try?

Uncharted: GA
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
LittleBigPlanet
Persona 4: Golden

Lumines
Hot Shots
Super Stardust: Delta
Mutant Blobs Attack
Dokuro

Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Sly Cooper 4
PSASBR
Retro City Rampage
Guacamelee

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Killzone Mercenary
Phantasy Star Online 2
Snapshot

Edit:
Muramasa
New Little King's Story
Warrior's Lair
Sound Shapes
Earth Defense Force: 2017

Now that I think about it, I bet Wikipedia has the whole list...

Derrick01

Banned
I don't get what people see in that tearaway gif. That snow area looks borderline n64-ish. It's probably just the crappy art style doing it.

Iacobellis

I don't get what people see in that tearaway gif. That snow area looks borderline n64-ish. It's probably just the crappy art style doing it.

Yeah, I kind of agree. The trailer on YouTube did better justice, makes me want the game more now after watching it again.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
how did killzone mercenary turn into a tearaway thread?

Anyway, I'm hyped. All I wanted it a multiplayer fps on the Vita. I care what you say, declassified was pretty fun to play online, but I love killzone, and I can't wait for an all round more polished fps to play.

fixuis

My word , tearaway looks gorgeous! Someone fix the thread title to include it as well please! Killzone, sooooo good,gif. This is what kz2 is all about. Dark gritty environments. None of that ultra crap color zone alien jungle shit from kz3. Give me kz2 multiplayer experience in this and it's day 1.

Ravage

Man, i'm really excited for this. I'm confident that GG has enough sense to include bots and tone down the touch controls.

Ninja gaiden sigma 2 + is still coming too yes?

Edit: reminds me about DoA 5 too.

KZ:M
Soul Sacrifice
DoA5+
NGS2+
Munch's Oddysee HD
Tearaway
Velocity Ultra

These are the titles i'm buying this year. Quite a list for a supposedly dead platform.

Musiol

For Tearaway it will be best to create new thread when we got new information :) Right now I'm gonna prepare article and then translation. After that - we all be waiting to fire the cannons!

I read it one more time and shit, this gonna be HUGE game. Especially for Killzone universe fans.

Ashler

I'm just hoping on a great MP experience with this game. If it is as good and supports the same modes as the KZ3 MP, I will buy it day 1.

Shikoro

For Tearaway it will be best to create new thread when we got new information :) Right now I'm gonna prepare article and then translation. After that - we all be waiting to fire the cannons!

I read it one more time and shit, this gonna be HUGE game. Especially for Killzone universe fans.

I'm already at maximum hype levels, dammit! Hurry up, Wednesday!

All of this sounds too good to be true. There must be some compromise, I guess the game will run in super low res like most PS Vita games, and it will still look bad despite all the glorious textures, special effects and framerate.

Top Bottom