• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Adamm
(01-29-2013, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by SuicidalSteve

Guys shop to just charged my account for the Wizards Edition finally! Yes! So anyone who is preordering from there check your emails

Yup, got mine! woo :D
Slair
(01-29-2013, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

Fuck, I should have pre-ordered with Amazon.

Yeah me too, what a fucking harsh lesson. I'm fucking gutted.
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:16 PM)
I got fucked by zavvi too, just cancelled it outright without explanations.

I pre-ordered last year, smh.
Keyser Soze
(01-29-2013, 07:16 PM)
I will repost this here from he Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, don't know if it helps anyone...

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch [Wizard's Edition] (PS3) - 69.99 @ Play

LiK
(01-29-2013, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadow780

I got fucked by zavvi too, just cancelled it outright without explanations.

I pre-ordered last year, smh.

hopefully they don't pull that shit with my MGR LE since that's a Zavvi exclusive.
Slair
(01-29-2013, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

I will repost this here from he Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, don't know if it helps anyone...

Fucking hell man, you are the god of the cheap arse gaffers. Thank you so fucking much.
SuicidalSteve
(01-29-2013, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Adamm

Yup, got mine! woo :D

*high five*
LayLa
(01-29-2013, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

Fuck, I should have pre-ordered with Amazon.

yeh i'm in the same boat, despite assurances from them 2 weeks ago that my order would be sent out. Their twitter says "The number has been taken down as we are trying to promote our free method of contact the messaging centre", the phone service must have been a disaster for them to pull it.
Cronen
(01-29-2013, 07:22 PM)

Have placed an order as a back up! Thank you!
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:27 PM)

Do they ship to US? I try creating an account and for credit card billing address there's no US option.
Takuya
Banned
(01-29-2013, 07:28 PM)

Do they ship to US? I try creating an account and for credit card billing address there's no US option.

Nope.
LiK
(01-29-2013, 07:28 PM)

they don't, i tried before. probably why they still have stock.
NowCutThatOut
(01-29-2013, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Cronen

Have placed an order as a back up! Thank you!

Ditto - I knew Cheap Arse Gaffer was my favourite thread for a reason :D

Cheered me up a little after the nightmare of Zavvi 'customer services'. First and last time I try ordering with them.
foobarry81
(01-29-2013, 07:33 PM)
I wonder who all gets "payment issues" at The Hut group with their preorder. Would they keep the people who paid most for their preorder and ditch the rest? It doesn't seem like they look at who preordered first.

With their warehouses moved to the States it'd probably be cheaper for them to serve American customers first now...
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:35 PM)
I ordered through forward2me, hopefully they'll still have stock.

Originally Posted by LiK

hopefully they don't pull that shit with my MGR LE since that's a Zavvi exclusive.

You need an UK address, my pre-order of MGR was cancelled because I didn't enter an UK address.
Peagles
(01-29-2013, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by leonemesis

Oh yeah, not sure if folks are aware but apparently the banned site (shop to) won't ship the WE out of the UK. I remember someone here mentioning this as it seems they were not informing it on the site like they used to.

Kind of a dick move honestly, I don't know why they do this to their customers. It used to mention on the site that they would not ship certain items out of the UK, why would they remove it.

They do ship outside the UK. They ended up reinstating my preorder but it cost 60 pounds to ship it via international courier. Although I'm not sure if they only offered that as a sorry to the people who preordered early and then got cancelled, or if it's now a standard thing.
RoadHazard
(01-29-2013, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Square Triangle

Thanks for the reply guys. I do have ask though:

Anyway to tell if my NA save file will work with the german WE I ordered? It'll make or break my amazon.de order

Generally you can't use a save if the game region doesn't match. So I'm almost positive the answer is no. I've read save files can be "converted" into other regions using a PC though, but I'm not sure how that works exactly.
Mature
(01-29-2013, 07:38 PM)
Just noticed that my amazon.de Wizard's Edition is listed as a "discontinued order". No idea why that is. Sigh.
Ath
(01-29-2013, 07:38 PM)

Thanks a lot! Ordered as a back up as well. After seeing the pictures of the book, I know I'll regret it if I don't get this.
LiK
(01-29-2013, 07:41 PM)

I ordered through forward2me, hopefully they'll still have stock.

You need an UK address, my pre-order of MGR was cancelled because I didn't enter an UK address.

Still in process! :D
winstano
(01-29-2013, 07:42 PM)
Play.com have it in stock, go go go!

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...ngDetails.html

Edit: beaten :( Just popped up on the Twitter feed for CAG
Acquiescence
(01-29-2013, 07:43 PM)
I entered different card details and now it says Awaiting Despatch under my order status, despite getting another Payment Problem email. The card was processed, there's no option to "Resolve" this time, so I take it the payment went through? I don't know, what a hot steaming mess. Fuck you The Hut, never again. I hope I've only been charged once for this bullshit.
Vortex566
(01-29-2013, 07:47 PM)
I got one :D
honeymustardn
(01-29-2013, 07:48 PM)
Bought on Play.com! Woohoo.
Jessicat
(01-29-2013, 07:49 PM)
Are you guys cool with me posting an unboxing vid, or should I take that to one of the other Ni on Kuni threads? ^^;
khaaan
(01-29-2013, 07:49 PM)
What's considered "end of day" for UPS? My Wizards Edition is set to arrive today and I'm starting to feel anxious.
Toki767
(01-29-2013, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by khaaan

What's considered "end of day" for UPS? My Wizards Edition is set to arrive today and I'm starting to feel anxious.

8PM I believe.
Mudron
(01-29-2013, 07:53 PM)
Does Play.com not ship to the U.S.?
Mature
(01-29-2013, 07:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Mudron

Does Play.com not ship to the U.S.?

They do not, purportedly.
Mudron
(01-29-2013, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Mature

They do not, purportedly.

Yeah, the drop-down for countries they ship to seems to be limited to Europe only.

THANKS, OBAMA.
eXistor
(01-29-2013, 07:56 PM)
Just ordered 2 from play.com (one for me and a colleague). Here's hoping they come through at least.
#1 defender
(01-29-2013, 08:07 PM)

Just noticed that my amazon.de Wizard's Edition is listed as a "discontinued order". No idea why that is. Sigh.

Where exactly does it say that and what does it say in German?
Takuya
Banned
(01-29-2013, 08:09 PM)

8PM residential
5PM business
sortavolta
(01-29-2013, 08:13 PM)
My copy has been in UPS limbo since the 25th. Last update has it leaving TN but nothing since. I'm growing increasingly worried. Anyone else have similar issues?

Delivery is supposedly tomorrow, so I guess all I can do is wait and see. Lord, this is unnecessarily stressful for a video game.
Moobabe
Sassy with Monet
Splash Damage Content Marketing Manager
(01-29-2013, 08:14 PM)
It's not much - but if we get any spare Wizard's Edition in my store I'd be happy to hold them for UK GAFfers in need of one.
Mature
(01-29-2013, 08:14 PM)

Originally Posted by #1 defender

Where exactly does it say that and what does it say in German?

Original German and google translation found in "my orders":
Shadow2222
(01-29-2013, 08:18 PM)

Someone at CAG said that's a mistranslation, because they preordered a regular game and movie to test it, and they both said "DISCONTINUED ORDER."

It says on the Wizard's Edition page that all preorders will be fulfilled.
eudaemonic
(01-29-2013, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by sortavolta

My copy has been in UPS limbo since the 25th. Last update has it leaving TN but nothing since. I'm growing increasingly worried. Anyone else have similar issues?

Delivery is supposedly tomorrow, so I guess all I can do is wait and see. Lord, this is unnecessarily stressful for a video game.

Mine was in TN up until some time last night (11 p.m.-ish)when I was scheduled to receive it today. Now it's out for delivery. So I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see an update till later tonight as well.

And dammit... I keep reading that Fire Emblem is out at some stores but I don't wanna leave to go hunt for it till this is in my hands.
#1 defender

Don't worry, "Aufgegebene Bestellung" just means "Submitted order", google translation is a bit loose.
Mature

Originally Posted by Shadow2222

Someone at CAG said that's a mistranslation, because they preordered a regular game and movie to test it, and they both said "DISCONTINUED ORDER."

It says on the Wizard's Edition page that all preorders will be fulfilled.

Hey I just wanted to say that

uhhhm

I love you. If that's true, anyway. I feel like DR destroyed my trust with buying anything online.

Originally Posted by #1 defender

Don't worry, "Aufgegebene Bestellung" just means "Submitted order", google translation is a bit loose.

Thanks for the help!
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(01-29-2013, 08:21 PM)
I will more than likely be selling my copy of the game that comes in my amazon.de order, including the DLC.
Sobriquet
(01-29-2013, 08:21 PM)

Mine got here around 11 am. I believe 7 pm is the cutoff.
LiK
(01-29-2013, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Toki767

8PM I believe.

Yup, usually 7PM for me but rarely. 8PM is the latest if they're late.
Twilight Princess
(01-29-2013, 08:27 PM)
hopefully my bestellung will be versandt.
Xamdou
(01-29-2013, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by winstano

Play.com have it in stock, go go go!

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...ngDetails.html

Edit: beaten :( Just popped up on the Twitter feed for CAG

Omg I would buy that right now if they shipped to the US!!!
#1 defender
(01-29-2013, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Twilight Princess

hopefully my bestellung will be versandt.

Probably not before late thursday, Amazon are pretty strict regarding release dates, though it might go into "Shipping soon" status tomorrow.
Lucid07
(01-29-2013, 08:33 PM)
Got two on order from play, one on my card and one on my dads in case they take the money before the 1st when I get paid.
TheExodu5
Banned
(01-29-2013, 08:45 PM)
Just came in. I'm in Ottawa. I can confirm no duties/brokerage fees.

Eusis
(01-29-2013, 08:55 PM)
Damn, that giant stockpile pre-ordered? Maybe reprinting the WE proper would be cost prohibitive, but I wonder about just printing the book separately and selling that directly or through select retailers? Would likely require some relatively minor modifications to be sold as a standalone book, but still.
Chance Hale
(01-29-2013, 09:16 PM)
Mine is supposed to come in today, with the prices It's going for on ebay I'm going to feel sick opening it. Must resist urge to be a horrible person!