• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

jrush64
(01-29-2013, 04:32 PM)
It's all gone on the site.
Chopper
(01-29-2013, 04:32 PM)
God dammit. My card has expired since ordering with Zavvi in July, and getting this sorted is a pain in the ass.

I initially enquired about it about a week ago, and I got a message back reassuring me that it was okay because I would receive a "Payment Problem" email which will allow me to amend the payment details. Which is great, except I just received said email and all it does is link through to the login page at the site. Well, that's not very helpful, because I am still unale to change the payment details from within my account all the time the order is still processing.

So I thought I should phone the CS number that was in the Payment Problem email. I get greeted by a robot: "Your problem should be addressed in the help section on the website, otherwise send us a message"

*gets cut off*.

What?! Going in circles here.
Hawkie
(01-29-2013, 04:37 PM)
Payment problems with Sendit even though CC shows everything approved. Re-entered details, added another card etc, got another payment problem email. Logged in and order status is "Awaiting Despatch". Hopefully everything has gone through eventually :S
Slair
(01-29-2013, 04:44 PM)
Zavvi, The Hut and Sendit are all the same company. Shit, I hope this is just some extra confirmation for them because we preordered so long ago.
Aretak
(01-29-2013, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Slair

Zavvi, The Hut and Sendit are all the same company. Shit, I hope this is just some extra confirmation for them because we preordered so long ago.

The fact that they were still selling it on their sites until a couple of weeks ago worries me. I can't help but feel they may have just massively oversold it and are using this as a way out. I'm almost positive I remember the same thing happening in the past, with the same mysterious payment errors, but I can't place the occasion.
Hawkie
(01-29-2013, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Aretak

The fact that they were still selling it on their sites until a couple of weeks ago worries me. I can't help but feel they may have just massively oversold it and are using this as a way out. I'm almost positive I remember the same thing happening in the past, with the same mysterious payment errors, but I can't place the occasion.

You may be right, but what I can say is that the experience I've described so far is for an order placed on 19-Jul-2012, which just seems ridiculous.
Aretak
(01-29-2013, 05:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Hawkie

You may be right, but what I can say is that the experience I've described so far is for an order placed on 19-Jul-2012, which just seems ridiculous.

I'm not so sure most places have any sort of first come, first served system in place. Even Namco's own store didn't, with people who ordered early getting cancellations and latecomers getting their game. The fact that The Hut Group are such a shitty company in general doesn't fill me with any confidence that they'd be remotely bothered about such things.
eXistor
(01-29-2013, 05:06 PM)
Jesus, it's the same fucking problem in the Netherlands. We just got word from Namco Bandai that pretty much the entire country isn't getting the Wizard's Edition. I called a bunch of other stores and it's the same story.

So yeah: FUCK YOU NAMCO BANDAI
Dak'kon
(01-29-2013, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Aretak

I've had the same "payment problem" order from Zavvi as everyone here. Ordered on the 20th July. I don't hold out much hope of getting my copy now as, like you, I remember something like this happening with the Hut Group in the past. Wish I had just stuck with ordering from Amazon, who have rarely done things like this, over buying from Zavvi for the sake of a few quid.
leonemesis
(01-29-2013, 05:12 PM)
Count me in on the payment problem bandwagon. Ordered at The Hut some time ago, before it was sold out in any shop in EU. I guess I did because it sold out in NA.
Though, to be honest, my bank is a bit annoying sometimes, they block my card from time to time for "security purposes". Guess I spend too much, lol.

If it doesn't work out, my buddy will be very disappointed, I was hoping to import it for him since I managed to get a US edition for myself and he did not.
SnowHawk
(01-29-2013, 05:22 PM)
I never trusted Zavvi or TheHut. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.
Slair
(01-29-2013, 05:23 PM)

Originally Posted by leonemesis

Count me in on the payment problem bandwagon. Ordered at The Hut some time ago, before it was sold out in any shop in EU. I guess I did because it sold out in NA.
Though, to be honest, my bank is a bit annoying sometimes, they block my card from time to time for "security purposes". Guess I spend too much, lol.

If it doesn't work out, my buddy will be very disappointed, I was hoping to import it for him since I managed to get a US edition for myself and he did not.

Fucking hell, re-entered my payment options just incase, got another email saying there is a problem with the payment details. Seems they really are trying to fuck us over.
SuicidalSteve
(01-29-2013, 05:25 PM)
I ordered my WE on the banned website on Jul 4, 2012. I bloody well hope mine will be sent to me
Quadratic
(01-29-2013, 05:25 PM)
Fishpond just charged my card. I'm still doubtful they will actually send anything since this is standard practice for them. I really hope I can get a UK version though.
Cronen
(01-29-2013, 05:26 PM)
My order status earlier today on The Hut (around 11 am) was "Awaiting Stock Pick" and I have just noticed now it is "Awaiting Dispatch".

Is this new, or have I am a bit behind now?
Ath
(01-29-2013, 05:27 PM)
I tweeted Namco Bandai UK about the Zavvi situation to see if they can shed any light on things. It's probably all a Zavvi/Hut Group fuckup but Namco said they'll speak to their sales team anyway.

Haven't had any more of those payment problem emails as of yet, but until the game's in my hands I'm going to keep my expectations low.
leonemesis
(01-29-2013, 05:33 PM)
Oh yeah, not sure if folks are aware but apparently the banned site (shop to) won't ship the WE out of the UK. I remember someone here mentioning this as it seems they were not informing it on the site like they used to.

Kind of a dick move honestly, I don't know why they do this to their customers. It used to mention on the site that they would not ship certain items out of the UK, why would they remove it.
Last edited by leonemesis; 01-29-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Raxious
(01-29-2013, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by eXistor

Jesus, it's the same fucking problem in the Netherlands. We just got word from Namco Bandai that pretty much the entire country isn't getting the Wizard's Edition. I called a bunch of other stores and it's the same story.

So yeah: FUCK YOU NAMCO BANDAI

wait whut?! where did u get this info?
ForTheFallenDreams
(01-29-2013, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Raxious

wait whut?! where did u get this info?

Just got the call from my local shop.
Also called a couple of other shops.....nothing, same story everywhere in the Netherlands
I don`t know the exact details tough
Last edited by ForTheFallenDreams; 01-29-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Raxious
(01-29-2013, 05:57 PM)

Originally Posted by ForTheFallenDreams

Just got the call from my local shop.
Also called a couple of other shops.....nothing, same story everywhere in the Netherlands

i pre-ordered mine @ GameMania. I'll call em tomorrow.

I know that at the GameMania here, there was only 1 copy available for pre-order. So hopefully I'll still be gettin it. So far, every pre-order that I had there, I recieved.
Last edited by Raxious; 01-29-2013 at 06:00 PM.
glaurung
(01-29-2013, 06:01 PM)
My local shop will charge 179 euros for the Wizard Edition box.

Yeah, I want the game, but I am not going to be gouged like this. Standard copy pre-order at Amazon still stands.
Square Triangle
Kratos can kill Zeus
but not Pam Anderson?
(01-29-2013, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Replicant

Probably not.

If you have a European DLC, then *usually* it'll only work in conjunction with a European Disc. However, I found out in the past that "Europe" disc/DLC often covers a vast amount of countries and often include Australia/NZ. In other words, I can often buy Australian disc and I can actually use UK or DE DLC because they were all manufactured by the European arm of PSN.

After you install the disc and DLC, however, you usually can play on any account you want to play. What usually happens is that I'll buy an Australian game/DLC and then I'll pay on my main PSN account, which is US-based.

Thanks for the reply guys. I do have ask though:

Anyway to tell if my NA save file will work with the german WE I ordered? It'll make or break my amazon.de order
Cronen
(01-29-2013, 06:04 PM)
I can see that someone else has questioned Namco Bandai UK and the response they were given is:

Sadly we have no news from Zavvi regarding this issue and are waiting to hear

So it seems that they are investigating.

I've tweeted TheHut. Will post when I get a response!
Sinthetic
(01-29-2013, 06:20 PM)
Just got my shipping notice from Shop To. Here we go!
djtiesto
is beloved, despite what anyone might say
(01-29-2013, 06:21 PM)
Got my copy last night, everything seems to be intact. Haven't started playing it yet... guess I got really lucky when it came to this game, then again I preordered asap.
SuicidalSteve
(01-29-2013, 06:21 PM)
Guys shop to just charged my account for the Wizards Edition finally! Yes! So anyone who is preordering from there check your emails
Lapidus' Beard
(01-29-2013, 06:42 PM)

What's this about shortages? We got around 70 copies.
Alas, all are already pre-ordered
Acquiescence
(01-29-2013, 06:53 PM)
Pre-ordered with The Hut round about July last year, yet they won't accept my payment. I've tried three goddamn times now, yet keep getting the same Payment Problem email. Incidentally, this is the first time I've purchased something from their site, and probably the last.
Slair
(01-29-2013, 07:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

Pre-ordered with The Hut round about July last year, yet they won't accept my payment. I've tried three goddamn times now, yet keep getting the same Payment Problem email. Incidentally, this is the first time I've purchased something from their site, and probably the last.

The thing is, it's pretty impossible to get any help from them. The phone number isn't even real. I've tried twice with the payments. They reply to someone on twitter about spending 30 odd quid on a phone bill phoning them about something, but they don't respond to people with current ordering problems. I wonder what this magical phone number he phoned was, or did they just turn off all the phones for the incoming Ni No Kuni shit storm?
fvng
(01-29-2013, 07:04 PM)
What are the first week sales for this game?
Uthred
(01-29-2013, 07:09 PM)
Getting the same payment problem bullshit from Zavvi that people are getting from the Hut. Despite the fact they shipped out a different pre-order earlier in the week no problem.
Acquiescence
(01-29-2013, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Slair

The thing is, it's pretty impossible to get any help from them. The phone number isn't even real. I've tried twice with the payments. They reply to someone on twitter about spending 30 odd quid on a phone bill phoning them about something, but they don't respond to people with current ordering problems. I wonder what this magical phone number he phoned was, or did they just turn off all the phones for the incoming Ni No Kuni shit storm?

Fuck, I should have pre-ordered with Amazon.
Adamm
(01-29-2013, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by SuicidalSteve

Guys shop to just charged my account for the Wizards Edition finally! Yes! So anyone who is preordering from there check your emails

Yup, got mine! woo :D
Slair
(01-29-2013, 07:13 PM)

Yeah me too, what a fucking harsh lesson. I'm fucking gutted.
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:16 PM)
I got fucked by zavvi too, just cancelled it outright without explanations.

I pre-ordered last year, smh.
Keyser Soze
(01-29-2013, 07:16 PM)
I will repost this here from he Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, don't know if it helps anyone...

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch [Wizard's Edition] (PS3) - 69.99 @ Play

LiK
(01-29-2013, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadow780

I got fucked by zavvi too, just cancelled it outright without explanations.

I pre-ordered last year, smh.

hopefully they don't pull that shit with my MGR LE since that's a Zavvi exclusive.
Slair
(01-29-2013, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

I will repost this here from he Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, don't know if it helps anyone...

Fucking hell man, you are the god of the cheap arse gaffers. Thank you so fucking much.
SuicidalSteve
(01-29-2013, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Adamm

Yup, got mine! woo :D

*high five*
LayLa
(01-29-2013, 07:21 PM)

yeh i'm in the same boat, despite assurances from them 2 weeks ago that my order would be sent out. Their twitter says "The number has been taken down as we are trying to promote our free method of contact the messaging centre", the phone service must have been a disaster for them to pull it.
Cronen
(01-29-2013, 07:22 PM)

Have placed an order as a back up! Thank you!
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:27 PM)

Do they ship to US? I try creating an account and for credit card billing address there's no US option.
Takuya
Banned
(01-29-2013, 07:28 PM)

Do they ship to US? I try creating an account and for credit card billing address there's no US option.

Nope.
LiK
(01-29-2013, 07:28 PM)

they don't, i tried before. probably why they still have stock.
NowCutThatOut
(01-29-2013, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Cronen

Have placed an order as a back up! Thank you!

Ditto - I knew Cheap Arse Gaffer was my favourite thread for a reason :D

Cheered me up a little after the nightmare of Zavvi 'customer services'. First and last time I try ordering with them.
foobarry81
(01-29-2013, 07:33 PM)
I wonder who all gets "payment issues" at The Hut group with their preorder. Would they keep the people who paid most for their preorder and ditch the rest? It doesn't seem like they look at who preordered first.

With their warehouses moved to the States it'd probably be cheaper for them to serve American customers first now...
Shadow780
(01-29-2013, 07:35 PM)
I ordered through forward2me, hopefully they'll still have stock.

Originally Posted by LiK

hopefully they don't pull that shit with my MGR LE since that's a Zavvi exclusive.

You need an UK address, my pre-order of MGR was cancelled because I didn't enter an UK address.
Peagles
(01-29-2013, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by leonemesis

Oh yeah, not sure if folks are aware but apparently the banned site (shop to) won't ship the WE out of the UK. I remember someone here mentioning this as it seems they were not informing it on the site like they used to.

Kind of a dick move honestly, I don't know why they do this to their customers. It used to mention on the site that they would not ship certain items out of the UK, why would they remove it.

They do ship outside the UK. They ended up reinstating my preorder but it cost 60 pounds to ship it via international courier. Although I'm not sure if they only offered that as a sorry to the people who preordered early and then got cancelled, or if it's now a standard thing.
RoadHazard
(01-29-2013, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Square Triangle

Thanks for the reply guys. I do have ask though:

Anyway to tell if my NA save file will work with the german WE I ordered? It'll make or break my amazon.de order

Generally you can't use a save if the game region doesn't match. So I'm almost positive the answer is no. I've read save files can be "converted" into other regions using a PC though, but I'm not sure how that works exactly.
Mature
(01-29-2013, 07:38 PM)
Just noticed that my amazon.de Wizard's Edition is listed as a "discontinued order". No idea why that is. Sigh.