• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Just recently got these bad motherfuckers

Nike-KD-V-Black_011.jpeg

KD V Black Pack

Mr.Fresh

I've been out of the shoe game for the most part...but I want these bad, yo.

Anyways...been rocking these on the regular lately:

Nike Air Max 90 Infrared (2005 History of Air edition, pretty beat up lol...though I have a pair of the 2010 re-release deadstock on ice, yo.)
0jx1EBJ.jpg

I'm getting both of these this month .

I want the Turqoise ones too.

Edit: Thanks for the Compliments on the thread!

I hear ya...last year's 'engineered mesh' infrared 90s are kinda growing on me, I might be tempted to find them later on.
Yeah real comfy too. Hyperfuse pair looked nice as well.

Nice pick up of the KD V. Picked up the Christmas pair and missed out on BHMs this past weekend same with the Oregon turfs. All thanks to oversleeping.

I'm in the market for a new pair of sneakers. I think I might go with Chucks since i've never owned a pair and its just such an iconic shoe design:

chuck-taylor-sneakers1.jpg

Prowl

Haven't spent much on kicks lately, mainly into Puma and Adidas, have a little collection going . here are the last 3 pairs i bought

Adidas - Gazelles
clULW.jpg

Puma - UNDFTD X Clyde
rV5Jl.jpg

Puma - Clyde
qvOz7.jpg

LJ11

Used to be a huge sneaker head but had to stop. I basically had a closet full of sneakers, close to 30 pairs of Jordan's alone.

I bought a pair of Adidas the other month similar to the ones posted, Busenitz in brown, my first pair of Adidas in years, pretty cool sneaker.

Anybody know what kind of shoes Trinidad James is wearing in the All Gold Everything video?
A lot of people make these velvet loafer slippers, especially custom ones with giant gaudy gold coats of arms/etc. they're probably Ralph Lauren or some other old man haberdasher

A lot of people make these velvet loafer slippers, especially custom ones with giant gaudy gold coats of arms/etc. they're probably Ralph Lauren or some other old man haberdasher

Old man haberdasher lol.

I could probably find something similar on Juicy Couture in 5 min. So tacky.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bought a pair of these the other day only in darker grey:

bzj1lpO.jpg

Loving them so far. I usually wear Puma's, but opted for a change.

Tekniqs

I did the whole Jordan release thing a couple of years ago..picked up flint 13s from solecollector, bought 2 pairs of concords, blk/red 3s and the stealths, and the grey wolf 5s...Was such a headache, ESPECIALLY the concords..lol never again!

I did the whole Jordan release thing a couple of years ago..picked up flint 13s from solecollector, bought 2 pairs of concords, blk/red 3s and the stealths, and the grey wolf 5s...Was such a headache, ESPECIALLY the concords..lol never again!

You get the Breds or Space Jams?

i ruined my nike sb new castle dunks :(

played basketball and soccer in them, also running once lol

those shoes are amazing, should have bought 3 since they were $50 each.

im looking into getting kobes for basketball since my bro has them. they felt good when i tried them on

GBONZZZZ

Has anybody used the retr0bright cleaning method before? I wanna try it on my Zoom Lebron III's. Most tutorial videos have displayed their results on soles. I, however would like to try it on yellowed plastic.

Pics are here:

http://gbons.imgur.com/zoom_lebron_iii

Edit: I think it'd be a sweet idea to show off our collections, I'll post mine once I get home.

So... seeing as my preferred shoe guys are leaving the country for Asia (Gravis) are there any recommendations for good, comfortable shoes that look nice without being overly flashy?

i ruined my nike sb new castle dunks :(

played basketball and soccer in them, also running once lol

those shoes are amazing, should have bought 3 since they were $50 each.

im looking into getting kobes for basketball since my bro has them. they felt good when i tried them on

I haven't bought a pair of the 8s yet, but I've seen plenty of people/reviews say its one of the best basketball shoes ever made for guards. Can't wait to get a pair for sure.

-Mikey-

The worst decision of my life was having a pair of the orange adidas skywalker shoes in my cart then deciding not to buy them.

The blue jordans in the OP look cool.

This thread is the most vital thread right now.

So I fucking love sneakers. I have a few pairs - something like 25 right now. I used to have a lot more, but some of them I let my brother hold, and others I threw out a few years ago. Let me start with the following:

FUCK RESELLERS.

Let me also state that the only legit sneakerheads are those that actually wear their kicks. If you buy them just to stock them or to look at...wacksauce, man.

Let me finally state that there are other shoes out there than Jordans/Nikes. Other brands make great sneakers too...especially retro releases.

Now, the questions:

- favorite shoes/player lines? Right now, the Lebron line (my faves are 2, 8 low, 9, 10) is my favorite. I also like the KD (only the IVs right now), and Penny (pretty much all of his shoes - Foamposites, 1, 5, Zoom Rookies). Retro Jordans are cool too, but I only ever liked certain colorways of the 1, 3, 4, 5, 11 and 12. Everything else is irrelevant to me.

- thoughts on the current direction of the shoe game? The shoe game is fucked up because of resellers, hypebeasts (who themselves are often resellers), and companies (mostly Nike, who basically can sell whatever they want at any price because no one exists to challenge them). Sneakers used to be about cool players and cool colorways and none of that ultra-limited, quickstrike, waiting in lines, paying more than retail shit. I wish it went back to that.

- price rises vs declining material quality? That's the way everything is now...but Nike is amazing at it. Look at retro releases of theirs - nerfed leather, shit paint, removed details, etc. Now look at retro Reeboks - premium leather, identical detailing, great paint, and OG prices. Nike could do that...but there's no reason to do it, because people will sit outside Foot Locker for days just for the chance to buy retro Jordans without Nike AIR on them for $50+ more than they were when they were released.

...ehh, I sound like an old man ranting here. But I just love sneakers, y'all. What's everyone's latest pickup? Me, I just got some Air Flight 89s and the New Year's Eve black and gold Iversons (Reebok Question). My next pickup is the royal blue OG Jordan 1s.

Baconbitz

Banned
Finally. Anyways, I cannot find a truthful answer to this. Where can I find the real origional nike boots (ala Wale)? Also, am I gonna have to pay out the ass for 'em?

Mr.Fresh

...ehh, I sound like an old man ranting here. But I just love sneakers, y'all. What's everyone's latest pickup? Me, I just got some Air Flight 89s and the New Year's Eve black and gold Iversons (Reebok Question). My next pickup is the royal blue OG Jordan 1s.

My last pick up were some basic wheat Tims. But I plan to get the Blue OG Jordan 1s and
i'm eyeing these too.

Top Bottom