• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

zkylon

zkylewd
So anyone knowledgeable enough to do a size comparison among the three: TW1, TW2 and Skyrim?.
This is a very weird question, the Witcher games are not open world so it's not like you can easily compare sizes.

It's way smaller in sheer walkable size that's for sure, but way more detailed too.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback

0098_yij1t.gif

UrbanRats

Boats and water physics are in. I would guess that these are usable?

There's a few pages of text here so I'm working on collecting the details, hang in there folks!

One thing I noticed in the screens is he has the fucking monster hook back. Did he have that in TW2? I can't even remember.

ibeBMxhI1tOp1b.gif

People, don't feed the troll.

About the Skyrim comparisons, I think they are using it as a reference of size. We would have to know how they will manage the story, progression and exploration in a open world, but in CD Projekt we trust. At least the game sounds very promising..

I don't think my laptop can handle this game...and I won't be buying next gen consoles any time soon...BUT THE WITCHER 2 WAS SO GOOD.

Darknight

The Witcher finally coming to PS3/PS4??? Praise the lord. I hope they make a 4K Edition of Witcher 1/2 on PS4. (guessing since its says all major top of the line consoles)

Ok wow, the text is small. I don't want to miss anything good. Here's a small few things I got that I loved.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback

New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

The northern kingdoms down to Nilfgaard explorable? OMG!

Also this is young Ciri in the Witcher spanish book covers:

The spanish edition of the books were amazing in translation and presentation.

I need to hurry up and finish the original game so I can move on to the Witcher 2. I'm at the tail end of act 2 and my god is it moving slow.

In-game screens? Screenshots of the game? Does it look next-gen, whatever that means these days?

It looks good, very much like TW2. Mind you the resolution isn't the best on them. I think CDPR has settled in nicely to the RED engine, so it won't be a huge leap like TW->TW2. But there's a lot of things to be excited about. Specifically, the diverse locations.

Feels good. Witcher is perfect for an open world game. He's a dude who travels town to town slaying monsters. As long as they keep the narrative up, this will be the greatest game ever.

I guess this means we need to buy a new gfx card

New computer time. Can't wait.

i-Lo

This is a very weird question, the Witcher games are not open world so it's not like you can easily compare sizes.

It's way smaller in sheer walkable size that's for sure, but way more detailed too.

I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Riposte

I'm guessing here are our chances on how they will handle save transfer:
50%: choices hardly matter at all (i.e. The Witcher 1 -> 2)
40%: choices matter to a small, but noticeable extent (i.e. Mass Effect 1/2 -> Mass Effect 3)
5%: choices matter a lot and have big consequences on the plot (no previous example)
5%: choices don't matter at all, but stats still do.

I'm pretty sure this game is set in Nilfgaard and that allows them to not pay too much attention to the political craziness you left behind up north.

Card Boy

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if it costs like 10 million tops to make. Also hopefully Scamco is not involved with this one.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How's the Lore in the Witcher games? If they're going with a big world, I hope they flesh out the lore by integrating it into the world (through landmarks, items, special locations,etc) similar to how Dark Souls did it (granted, Dark Souls did it moreso with item descriptions).

LiK

How's the Lore in the Witcher games? If they're going with a big world, I hope they flesh out the lore by integrating it into the world (through landmarks, items, special locations,etc) similar to how Dark Souls did it (granted, Dark Souls did it moreso with item descriptions).

The lore is quite detailed altho you need to play the first game for that. The 2nd game doesn't really explain a lot.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What mod is trolling?

You, you sex card hater. (Probably me with those first three posts)

The lore is quite detailed altho you need to play the first game for that. The 2nd game doesn't really explain a lot.

I've got the first one. Really need to get around to playing it sometime.

SparkTR

It looks good, very much like TW2. Mind you the resolution isn't the best on them. I think CDPR has settled in nicely to the RED engine, so it won't be a huge leap like TW->TW2. But there's a lot of things to be excited about. Specifically, the diverse locations.

TW2 PC level of visuals in an open world seems pretty nice, maybe not the jump I was expecting.

My favorite part is the lore. So good.

Top Bottom