• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

DatDude

Banned
I doubt this will be exclusively next gen. If anything they'll try to make it on every console imaginable...why, limit go soley for a next gen user base that won't even have a quarter of the already huge user base that the 360/PS3 already currently have.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As a note:

Game Informer said:
CD Projekt RED has provided the screenshots you see here from its current in-game assets running on its Internal PC development hardware. However, the renderer - the part of the engine that translates the game files into what you ultimately see on screen - is still in development and will boast significant improvements by the time The Witcher 3 ships. "Right now you see the game in the old renderer, but it's going to be taken to a truly next level," says gameplay producer Marek ZSiemak. In particular, the developers tell us that skin shaders and the dynamic lighting model will be markedly more advanced in the final version.

So it sounds like monster slaying is expanded with Witcher sense; sounds like Batmans detective mode. No more kill 30 Nekkers contracts, instead you help communities out. Sounds more in depth, but the whole detective mode thing may rub people the wrong way.

As a note:

I did mention that but thank you for the more clear explanation ;)

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I understand your concern; we'll just have to wait and see. It's not impossible; I think the main issue with other developers is that it wasn't a priority. I think CDPR is different regarding that. They know their role here, and seem to like the challenge. However we do have to keep in mind that this is a feature, written by someone disconnected from the development. I'm staying confident until I play it.

I totally agree. It seemed more like an afterthought. I think they realized this, as Geralt was tied up heavily with the whole war. This sounds like he is back to his roots and his role in the world.

Man either you're a slow reader or this article is just bloated and there isn't much info to be found??! What's going on, you're killing us here!

Windam

Scaley member
YES! YES!
iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

Yeah, the covers are amazing. People, this is a good representation of Yennefer:

*sigh* I wish we got the Spanish/British covers for The Witcher books here in NA rather than the Witcher 2 engine images. (Also, they need to hurry up and translate/publish The Time of Contempt. D:)

Man either you're a slow reader or this article is just bloated and there isn't much info to be found??! What's going on, you're killing us here!

I'm slow, but also the Zinio interface is clunky as fuck on PC. I usually use my iPad, and have been distracted a bit with making sure I get the good bits. This is my first "I've got the article before everyone else, it seems" experience.

I'm not saying you didn't!

Fair enough, but people may have missed what I posted, so thank you!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I doubt this will be exclusively next gen. If anything they'll try to make it on every console imaginable...why, limit go soley for a next gen user base that won't even have a quarter of the already huge user base that the 360/PS3 already currently have.

The article states it will be released for the most powerful consoles that are available when it comes out in 2014.

So it sounds like monster slaying is expanded with Witcher sense; sounds like Batmans detective mode. No more kill 30 Nekkers contracts, instead you help communities out. Sounds more in depth, but the whole detective mode thing may rub people the wrong way.

I did mention that but thank you for the more clear explanation ;)

Looks like you've been referenced by Kotaku...

Camp Lo

Banned
I'm slow, but also the Zinio interface is clunky as fuck on PC. I usually use my iPad, and have been distracted a bit with making sure I get the good bits. This is my first "I've got the article before everyone else, it seems" experience.

Fair enough, but people may have missed what I posted, so thank you!

Take your time. It's not like the game launches tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Relax.MX

Preorder up please and take my money...day fuckin one!!!

My most anticipate game :D The Witcher 1 is my favorite RPG ever and 2 is my 2011 GotY

Doomrider

Wow, wait a sec. This is all amazing and stuff, but CDPR's not gonna drop the godlike armor/clothing design from TW2 and general use of vivid colors, right? 'Cause I'm seeing too much brown, and one of the reasons that made me love TW2 so much was its strong and colorful visual identity.

SparkTR

Due to engine limitations I guess. Going by previous previews the Red Engine 3 was developed with high end PC hardware in mind, and they'd probably need beefy consoles to get it working in that market. Regardless CPR is not a large studio, they probably don't have the resources to get this game out on five systems, if they had that mindset they would have had a PS3 version of TW2.

Saige

I must do better.
Everything so far sounds great. I never thought about a more open-world witcher game, but Geralt’s job is actually the perfect set up for one. He just goes from place to place solving problems for random people who fucking hate him.

I just hope CDP can fill the world with enough interesting stuff that it actually warrants the change.

dani_dc

I'll echo the concerns about the open-world decision. Not too confident about that.
Still, can't wait to see a trailer, hopefully the story and small plots-lines are more like the first game than the second.

Exuro

Wow, wait a sec. This is all amazing and stuff, but CDPR's not gonna drop the godlike armor/clothing designs from TW2 and general use of vivid colors, right? 'Cause I'm seeing too much brown, and one of the reasons that made me love TW2 so much was its strong and colorful visual identity.
Don't think there would be much color after a town's been burning. The artwork reminds me of TW1 artwork which is nice.

Lime

The cover art also confirms that the character designs and costumes will remain incredible as they already were in TW2.

Otheradam

If they launch around when Witcher 2 did (april) it will be a year and some change from now. Why do developers announce games so early. ahhh I really don't want to be hyped for this so early.

Thanks for covering this all btw.

Feel free to update the OP as much as you like and I'll update the title when you're ready.

Aboslutely, I'll compile what I can into something more cohesive when the dust settles. I'll let you know!

I guess I should finally finish the first game.

About this, it is saying that you will not have needed to play the first two games to have the complete experience. But I suggest you finish them anyway.

Lingitiz

CDPR doesn't seem big enough to handle that. It's probably already enough for them to get it on next gen consoles day and date with the PC version, considering it took TW2 a year just to get it to one console. Add in Cyberpunk and I don't see where there's room for those versions. I don't think they need to worry about this franchise being a success. TW2 did really well on PC and will do even better since they'll have a bigger marketing push this time around.

Top Bottom