• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny viral marketing campaign/teaser sites begin

wwm0nkey

destiny0ckk6u.jpg

Its starting guys!

http://alphalupi.bungie.net/?day=0

Here is what I got.

jJVMOCyW62qkg.jpg

My guess is everyone who goes to the site will get a different image (up to a point). Those images must then be collected and combined to create the final teaser image.

Edit: I played a lot of The Secret World ARGs. ;p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wasnt it stated that when bungie stopped developing halo games and moved to contracts under activision it was said their next game was exclusive to ms ? sure i read that around the time

Hato-kun

"Our sky is filled with unseen signals. Radio-frequency emissions pulse and flit and dance all around us. Yet even a singing patch of sky can be observed, and transformed into a range of frequencies.

Can you hear it? No, not yet. It has not yet arrived. But together we can receive its call.

Imagine combining the observations of thousands across the globe on an object meandering through the heavens. The resulting array would be quite large. Quite powerful. This is your task.

Alone it will not be enough. Coordination and timing is needed. Observations must be made simultaneously.

Your window will be small. Five minutes at most. But windows may be reopened. And the distance between observer pairs will be key.

There will always be limitations in clarity, so the results must be archived for study. Highly technical observers may be required. Detailed frequency analysis is recommended.

Everything that belongs to us will be ours, but only if we create the capacity to receive it."

http://alphalupi.bungie.net/Instructions.aspx

I'm stumped.

I guess the "Frequency gaps detected. Additional global observatories required." means the more people hit the site, the more we'll know.

Ok so let me get this straight it's counting down from 7-1 representing each day?

So that means this ends Feb 19th?

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!

wasnt it stated that when bungie stopped developing halo games and moved to contracts under activision it was said their next game was exclusive to ms ? sure i read that around the time

I think it was that MS had the first option for exclusivity rather than direct exclusivity.

Corto

7 days countdown? Pretty close to the Playstation meeting. The PS4 reveal will deflate a bit of the hype for Destiny.

If enough GAF members want to work with it, it may be helpful to log the img url's to a Google Doc to keep it organized. Then anyone with the proper 'shop skills can combine it.

Fantastical Idea. Anybody make this happen?

EDIT: Yea it looks like it is just filling in gradually.

Top Bottom