• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Napalm_Frank
Member
(02-18-2013, 07:17 PM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar
Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread. The Kara video was little surprisingly just reuploaded on official EU PS3 youtube channel and then there is this:

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

So perhaps expect something new at the PS Meeting? Thanks to Cyberia and onQ123 for spotting these! :)
TheJollyCorner
(02-18-2013, 07:20 PM)
TheJollyCorner's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread. The Kara video was little surprisingly just reuploaded on official EU PS3 youtube channel and then there is this:

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

So perhaps expect something new at the PS Meeting? Thanks to Cyberia and onQ123 for spotting these! :)

haven't they said for a while that Quantum Dream had multiple games in development post-Heavy Rain?

Obviously we know one is BEYOND for PS3, but a game based on the Kara video in production for PS4 wouldn't surprise me at all. That video was very conceptual for just an unrelated 'tech' demo.
x-Lundz-x
Banned
(02-18-2013, 07:22 PM)
x-Lundz-x's Avatar
Damn, is that the chick on The Following? She was the model for the KARA demo?

She is beautiful.
Despera
Member
(02-18-2013, 07:28 PM)
Despera's Avatar

Originally Posted by x-Lundz-x

Damn, is that the chick on The Following? She was the model for the KARA demo?

She is beautiful.

Indeed.

But how likely is it for them to show off a next gen project when Beyond is still in development? Maybe they have a separate team with a different director making the game?

I think a possibility is that they'll just show another Kara tech demo a la Heavy Rain's Casting Call at the PS meeting, but we'll see.
TheJollyCorner
(02-18-2013, 07:34 PM)
TheJollyCorner's Avatar

Originally Posted by Despera

Indeed.

But how likely is it for them to show off a next gen project when Beyond is still in development? Maybe they have a separate team with a different director making the game?

I think a possibility is that they'll just show another Kara tech demo a la Heavy Rain's Casting Call at the PS meeting, but we'll see.

well, the game might be completely different than BEYOND (in design and gameplay), making it easier to show off... but that's just a blind guess.

Another tech demo makes sense, though, as it would put Kara fresh in people's minds again. That would be important if they indeed plan to make a game based on the world/character.

I agree with what SolidSnakeX said in another thread- QD has become pretty important within Sony Computer Entertainment, so it's likely that Cage & Fondaumiere are just going to be there because the 20th is a massive event for the company.
yurinka
Member
(02-18-2013, 07:45 PM)
yurinka's Avatar
oh shit, I didn't see it likely, but if they also announce their game there in addition to Wipeout/new Evolution IP, TLG, GT6 Prologe, Uncharted 4, new IP from SSM, Media Molecule's new project, Killzone 4/new IP from Guerrilla and Metal Gear my head will explode.

Specially if Ready at Dawn and a Capcom fighter are also there (less likely, but who knows...)
Tratorn
Member
(02-18-2013, 07:57 PM)
Tratorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheJollyCorner

haven't they said for a while that Quantum Dream had multiple games in development post-Heavy Rain?

Obviously we know one is BEYOND for PS3, but a game based on the Kara video in production for PS4 wouldn't surprise me at all. That video was very conceptual for just an unrelated 'tech' demo.

We already know they're working on Singularity. That name was "leaked" even before we knew Beyond, but since january it's (almost) confirmed to be a ps4-project:

Quantic Dream has registered the domain name for SingularityPS4.com, as spotted by Kotaku's sleuth Superannuation. In the past, Quantic Dream's domains such as heavyrainps3.com and beyondps3.com noted the studio's game titles followed by their platform. This suggests that Quantic Dream is planning to make a game called Singularity for the PlayStation 4. This also suggests that Sony's successor to the PS3 will indeed be called the PlayStation 4, rather than Orbis.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...singularityps4
Kenak
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:03 PM)
Kenak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread. The Kara video was little surprisingly just reuploaded on official EU PS3 youtube channel and then there is this:

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

So perhaps expect something new at the PS Meeting? Thanks to Cyberia and onQ123 for spotting these! :)

Does this mean there is a chance that the concept video will turn into a real game? Because that video was seriously great.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(02-18-2013, 08:07 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napalm_Frank

Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread.

Well, putting it in the Kara thread is a worse option than a new thread so we'll go with new thread. :P
Napalm_Frank
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:08 PM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Well, putting it in the Kara thread is a worse option than a new thread so we'll go with new thread. :P

;-;
Kaako
Felium Defensor
(02-18-2013, 08:09 PM)
Kaako's Avatar
Singularity is a likely candidate, even though if they just show a trailer/tech demo of it.
Hot Coldman
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:10 PM)
Hot Coldman's Avatar
Time to announce the Fahrenheit remake for PS4. Awwww yeah.
miladesn
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:10 PM)
miladesn's Avatar
David Cage recently said they will announce release date of Beyond 'very soon' , so I'd expect that at least. there should be some mention of PS3 at the start of this event, so might happen there. I think it's possible for it to be on PS4 too.

maybe they announce a new game too, seems too soon for that before Beyond is even out though.
Napalm_Frank
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:10 PM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaako

Singularity is a likely candidate, even though if they just show a trailer/tech demo of it.

Knowing QD there wouldn't be much of a difference :d.
NightmareTrigger
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:24 PM)
NightmareTrigger's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nirolak

Well, putting it in the Kara thread is a worse option than a new thread so we'll go with new thread. :P

What the fuck man? I thought I was going insane when I clicked the thread on the front page and the last post was from 2012.
Last edited by NightmareTrigger; 02-18-2013 at 08:26 PM.
NateDrake
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:28 PM)
NateDrake's Avatar
I'd love to see Kara become a real game.
Forsete
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:30 PM)
Forsete's Avatar
ME-ME-MEGATON.

Pretty expected, but I am very excite!
DidntKnowJack
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:32 PM)
DidntKnowJack's Avatar

Originally Posted by x-Lundz-x

Damn, is that the chick on The Following? She was the model for the KARA demo?

She is beautiful.

Pics, I need pics dammit.

But seriously, which actress is it?
Last edited by DidntKnowJack; 02-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Omikaru
Banned
(02-18-2013, 08:34 PM)
Omikaru's Avatar

Originally Posted by Despera

Indeed.

But how likely is it for them to show off a next gen project when Beyond is still in development? Maybe they have a separate team with a different director making the game?

I think a possibility is that they'll just show another Kara tech demo a la Heavy Rain's Casting Call at the PS meeting, but we'll see.

To the bolded: I'm pretty sure they do. About a year ago, probably well into Beyond's development, they were on a hiring spree. Beyond the usual stuff (programmers, animators, artists and so on) they were looking for a new writer, and something tells me they wouldn't bring a new writer on to Beyond six months before its E3 debut, so coupled with all the other hiring I expect they were building up a new team.
Y2Kev
The Last Guardian is Dead. Sorry.
(02-18-2013, 08:35 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar
Beyond cross-gen. QD won't have two titles unveiled at the same time! Or will they...
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(02-18-2013, 08:36 PM)
gofreak's Avatar
I said in the thread, but probably EVERY sce studio has someone going to this event, whether they're announcing something or not.

And EVERY third party pub.

Doesn't mean anything about what will or won't be shown.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(02-18-2013, 08:36 PM)
AniHawk's Avatar
i hope kara becomes a real game. the horror genre has been making a comeback recently, and that demo was the most frightening thing i've seen in years.
Persona86
Banned
(02-18-2013, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by x-Lundz-x

Damn, is that the chick on The Following? She was the model for the KARA demo?

She is beautiful.

The following ruined her for me, she's scary. :(
Wishmaster92
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:43 PM)
Wishmaster92's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kenak

Does this mean there is a chance that the concept video will turn into a real game? Because that video was seriously great.

oh god oh god!!! at least they should show a video.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(02-18-2013, 08:44 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by gofreak

I said in the thread, but probably EVERY sce studio has someone going to this event, whether they're announcing something or not.

And EVERY third party pub.

Doesn't mean anything about what will or won't be shown.

Yep,I agreed.
x-Lundz-x
Banned
(02-18-2013, 08:44 PM)
x-Lundz-x's Avatar

Originally Posted by DidntKnowJack

Pics, I need pics dammit.

But seriously, which actress is it?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2038170/
Valorie Curry
Lion Heart
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:45 PM)
Lion Heart's Avatar
Hell yes, please be a 2014 game.
CREMSteve
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:45 PM)
CREMSteve's Avatar

Originally Posted by DidntKnowJack

Pics, I need pics dammit.

But seriously, which actress is it?



This is great news, Kara was an amazing video, I will buy the hell out of it if they create a full game for it.
StuBurns
just talking loud
and saying nothing
(02-18-2013, 08:45 PM)
StuBurns's Avatar
Her eyes are crazy awesome.

As for the QD boss. I think Beyond would be a good candidate for cross-generational release.
Gahiggidy
My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
(02-18-2013, 08:47 PM)
Gahiggidy's Avatar
nvm.
Naked Prime
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:49 PM)
Naked Prime's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hot Coldman

Time to announce the Fahrenheit remake for PS4. Awwww yeah.

This
DieH@rd
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:51 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Persona86

The following ruined her for me, she's scary. :(

Robot without emotion, ready to kill for her master.
Criminal Upper
Banned
(02-18-2013, 08:52 PM)
Criminal Upper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hot Coldman

Time to announce the Fahrenheit remake for PS4. Awwww yeah.

Ugh. No thanks, we've all suffered enough.

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

Robots without emotion

So basically, Quantic Dream characters.
noffles
Banned
(02-18-2013, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by CREMSteve



This is great news, Kara was an amazing video, I will buy the hell out of it if they create a full game for it.

She's a solid 10/10

Ignoring that, I'd still buy the fuck out of a Kara game. Loved the concept.
Kun Aguero
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:54 PM)
Kun Aguero's Avatar

Originally Posted by NateDrake

I'd love to see Kara become a real game.

Me too. I actually found the demo to be quite moving, which is extremely rare for me.
Strike
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:57 PM)
Strike's Avatar
Probably to show off Beyond or a PS4 tech demo.
Stasis
Member
(02-18-2013, 08:58 PM)
Stasis's Avatar
Add me to the list of those who want to see a real Kara game. I doubt that's what we're gonna hear though =/
PSGames
Junior Member
(02-18-2013, 08:58 PM)
PSGames's Avatar
Wow. Had never heard about this. What a moving trailer.
Acquiescence
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:09 PM)
Acquiescence's Avatar
From that tweet, I figure there's a possibility we'll see the reveal of Singularity, the follow-up to the Kara tech demo, on the 20th. OR, we'll get the announcement that Beyond is crossgen or its been moved on to the next gen. It always did look like a game that was pushing the PS3 to its very limits.

Originally Posted by CREMSteve



This is great news, Kara was an amazing video, I will buy the hell out of it if they create a full game for it.

Hnnng. She was hot back when the tech demo came out and she's still hot now.
Despera
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:17 PM)
Despera's Avatar
So I somehow remembered seeing her in one of Blink 182's music videos... and look what I found.
DieH@rd
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:20 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by PSGames

Wow. Had never heard about this. What a moving trailer.

That was the point of the exercise, to create motion capture pipeline that can work fast and still capture emotions of the characters.
Pai Pai Master
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:22 PM)
Pai Pai Master's Avatar
If not a PS4 game announcement, they will definitely have a new tech demo. Sony will want to push them a lot and give them some spotlight with Beyond out later this year.
Persona86
Banned
(02-18-2013, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by StuBurns

Her eyes are crazy awesome.

As for the QD boss. I think Beyond would be a good candidate for cross-generational release.

That picture has a bit too much of a fake/magazine cover look.

This is closer to real life.



Wow.
Last edited by Persona86; 02-18-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Sykra
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:28 PM)
Sykra's Avatar
Beyond is most likely a cross-gen, cross-buy title (there were rumors about cross-gen titles being cross-buy on ps3 and ps4, at least Sony titles). We shall see soon enough.
AgentP
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:29 PM)
AgentP's Avatar
She looks like a 10 year old boy.
DieH@rd
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:29 PM)
DieH@rd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

If not a PS4 game announcement, they will definitely have a new tech demo. Sony will want to push them a lot and give them some spotlight with Beyond out later this year.

They will make new version of
thuway
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:29 PM)
thuway's Avatar
Beyond PS4?
TheJollyCorner
(02-18-2013, 09:30 PM)
TheJollyCorner's Avatar
isn't there already some bomba game called Singularity?
Persona86
Banned
(02-18-2013, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by AgentP

She looks like a 10 year old boy.

Just imagine her with long hair if you prefer that....enjoy.
Corto
Member
(02-18-2013, 09:32 PM)
Corto's Avatar

Originally Posted by AniHawk

i hope kara becomes a real game. the horror genre has been making a comeback recently, and that demo was the most frightening thing i've seen in years.

Hmmmm. ;)

Thread Tools