• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop's CEO got to see Battlefield 4 today; EA: "BF4 is coming!", "BE ADVISED"

Cyberia

Thanks to schwabdizzle.

HZC4aHY.png

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/303993777167667200

Are they trolling us?

Was just about to post this thread. Origin also retweeted them saying "BF4 is coming".

https://twitter.com/OriginInsider/status/303998619265150976
4Ll.png

Wouldn't be surprised to see it tomorrow at the PS4 reveal. That would be huge.

Official Battlefield twitter:

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/304019835107557376
ALl.png

Really does seem like they've got something big coming. Almost sure we'll see BF4 tomorrow.

Iceblade

Calling it now: with EA and Sony in bed with Battlefield 3's early DLC, Battlefield 4 is going to be revealed at the Sony event.

FireRises

Big third-party game for the PS4 tomorrow. Microsoft will have CoD and Madden at their event.

I remember how bad Madden was for this gen, it took like 3-4 years for it to be worth anything. I think 2008 was when it finally reached "ok" levels and matched the previous gen.

51M2XB03K4L.jpg
519WVW0M3ML.jpg
51Hm3Blzw5L.jpg

we give you guys bf4 preorder dlc so you dont sell used games next gen oke?
Or you know that guy outside will bring you home if you know what i mean.

RoKKeR

Within, not "in about".

It could show up tomorrow.

I mean, that's the only thing I can imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if EA held a preview event for high ranking industry people (Gamestop CEO in this case) to show off what they've got in terms of next gen.

EA's been in bed with Sony for the last few years when it comes to PS3 DLC deals, so this isn't surprising at all. Of course the game will still be multiplatform, but we'll probably see the "get DLC a week early on PS3" relationship continue into next gen.

TriGen

I remember how bad Madden was for this gen, it took like 3-4 years for it to be worth anything. I think 2008 was when it finally reached "ok" levels and matched the previous gen.

Yeah, I think most sports games take a couple years at least before they benefit from new hardware significantly.

Would not be shocked if it showed up at Sony.

I was already expecting it to be there. Seems like a perfect "look at all those graphics" game they can demo.

TriGen

Would not be shocked if it showed up at Sony.

I was already expecting it to be there. Seems like a perfect "look at all those graphics" game they can demo.

Same. I figured there would be at least one big third-party game shown, and BF4 makes the most sense if you're going for the "wow" factor graphically.

Derrick01

Banned
I have to say I would be really interested to see how it is on PS4. I skipped 3 because it was the first to force Origin and I suck at mouse and keyboard (although I put up with it for BC2 on PC) and the console versions were dogshit. Now that the tech has supposedly caught up they should be impressive.

chiablo

Makes sense why they are doing a huge battlefield sale on Origin. Make people talk about Battlefield again, then drop the golden turd during the PS4 announcement.

big phail if that's their one 3rd party reveal

64 player multiplayer with "next gen graphics" would be an easy persuasion tool. It'd also be the first military shooter on next gen consoles, putting Cod at a disadvantage, and potentially pull players from it to BF4. It makes a lot of sense from the point of Sony and EA.

W1SSY

What else would you want? In terms of stuff that hasn't been shown I would say BF4 is a pretty big thing. For me I would love to see the next Battlefield and that is something that would make me real interested in picking up a PS4 sooner rather than later.

if BF4 is shown tomorrow my mind is blown! I hope it has female soldiers.

yeah what a big fail, showing the successor of something that moved around 15 million units. Not CoD numbers, but still.

dwu8991

Banned
What else would you want? In terms of stuff that hasn't been shown I would say BF4 is a pretty big thing. For me I would love to see the next Battlefield and that is something that would make me real interested in picking up a PS4 sooner rather than later.

BF4 a PS4 Exclusive !

Boerseun

Banned
After the massive dissappoinment of Battlefield 3, I find it hard to care about this franchise going forward. Heck, at this point they'd have to pay me to play it.

Top Bottom