• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ex-Valve veteran Tom Leonard confirms: he worked on Source 2 from Nov 2010 - Feb 2013

blugbox

Neo Member
Source pushed physics so far back in the day that I can't wait to see how they push things again. Hope to see fluid dynamics and cloth simulation next gen finally!

We've known of the existence of Source 2 since 4chan's visit to Valve. Newell himself confirmed that they're working on Source 2 and that's it's a brand new engine instead of an update to the previous one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd be happy if anything comes out in 2014/2015 at this point

Fun fact: If not released earlier, Episode Three/Half-Life 3 will become Valve's longest-gestating project on October 3rd, 2015 (judging from initial announcement -> release date).

Dylan

So, if my message board etiquette is correct, we should now be blaming this guy, and this guy alone for fucking up Source 2 and delaying HL3. Screw you, Tom Leonard!

From facepunch:

qrIa4x3.png

Source has been around a loooong time. Good thing Valve's art direction tends to be really good; can't hide those load times, though.

Top Bottom