• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RS4-
(03-13-2013, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by FloppyDelux

what? plz tell me your under 25, cause i remember seeing this in theaters somewhere in toronto, think it was fairview mall.

I saw it at Fairview too! (RIP arcade)

Watched both JP and Robocop (the latter for the first time in theater) last year at the digital film fest downtown, shit was a riot. Probably one of the better theater experiences I've had in a while because you can just feel it from everyone, they all had a good time.
strafer
(03-13-2013, 12:59 AM)
Thanks for stealing my OT.

:(
Demoncarnotaur
(03-13-2013, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by strafer

I think this is more of a 'hype' thread, its too soon for an OT. I think.
thecouncil
(03-13-2013, 01:01 AM)
Id like to see it in 2D. Is that an option?
DjRoomba
Banned
(03-13-2013, 01:02 AM)
Oh goodie another 2D movie in 3D to make going to the movies as uncomfortable as possible.

And no CGI upgrade from Spielberg guys, he aint no Lucas
GraveHorizon
poop meter feature creep
(03-13-2013, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Kinyou

Trailer was missing an Inception horn

Maybe they'll add some dubstep later.
crazy monkey
holds a masters in liberal arts
(03-13-2013, 01:08 AM)

you still have the thread for ever thread. You can post OT when movie is about to come out granted we already had hype thread but more the better.
sky
(03-13-2013, 01:09 AM)
Such a great movie.
I've never seen one of these 3D re-releases... but this may be worth it.
crazy monkey
(03-13-2013, 01:09 AM)

Originally Posted by DjRoomba

Oh goodie another 2D movie in 3D to make going to the movies as uncomfortable as possible.

And no CGI upgrade from Spielberg guys, he aint no Lucas

fuck CGI. This shit is real.
TAJ
(03-13-2013, 01:16 AM)
I'm fucking PRAYING that the 2D disc is a good remaster. They threw the same old shit on the 2D disc in the Top Gun 3D release.

Originally Posted by crazy monkey

fuck CGI. This shit is real.

Sorry, but all of my favorite shots in this movie are CGI.
And I know exactly how literally every effects shot in this movie was done.
Last edited by TAJ; 03-13-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Gooster
(03-13-2013, 01:19 AM)

Originally Posted by B.K.

I need to buy Jurassic Park whenever it gets its own Blu-Ray release. I haven't seen it since the late 90s. I never did watch the sequels, either.

Two more weeks.
crazy monkey
(03-13-2013, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by TAJ

I'm fucking PRAYING that the 2D disc is a good remaster. They threw the same old shit on the 2D disc in the Top Gun 3D release.

Sorry, but all of my favorite shots in this movie are CGI.
And I know exactly how literally every effects shot in this movie was done.

which once?
strafer
(03-13-2013, 01:53 AM)
dis aint CGI son.

dats Stan Winston brilliance

fuck CGI
Yamauchi
False Pimp
(03-13-2013, 01:54 AM)
Kudos on the title, OP. My two favorite quotes from the film.

"They're moving in herds. They do move in herds."

"Some of them smell. Babies smell!"
googleplex
(03-13-2013, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Impeccable

Yes. The movie of my child hood has returned to give the gift of awesome to kids once again.

There are no feathers on those dinosaurs, so your childhood was based on lies, ignorance and shit.

Jk
Baskcm
(03-13-2013, 01:58 AM)
Cant beat the line "hold onto your butts" and then the music kicks in so good.

will have to see where this is showing locally, loved it when it was shown at the cinema cant wait to see it on imax.
Typographenia
(03-13-2013, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by commedieu

Am I the only one that teared up a little?

Reading the thread title got me too, haha

So excited! My favorite film of all time! I'm not exactly excited about the 3D part, but I can't wait to see it again in theaters. Saw it about three times when it originally was showing, and I think it's still the only film to date I've watched more than once in theaters.

If I had to guess, I'd say I've seen it over 100 times at this point. I was on a daily watching run there for a while when I was younger.
TAJ
(03-13-2013, 02:03 AM)

which once?

The top two have to be the T-Rex going through the fence and the through-the-windshield shot of it walking by a few seconds after.
The award for Holy Shit... I Can't Believe They Even Attempted This In 1993 goes to the shot where the T-Rex climbs on top of the kids' jeep.
Last edited by TAJ; 03-13-2013 at 02:12 AM.
hobz360
(03-13-2013, 02:07 AM)
One of my favorite quote from the movie:

"but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Love Dr. Malcolm and I can't wait to watch this in 3D!!
TAJ
(03-13-2013, 02:13 AM)

Originally Posted by hobz360

One of my favorite quote from the movie:

"but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

Love Dr. Malcolm and I can't wait to watch this in 3D!!

Best line is PotC, no question.
crazy monkey
(03-13-2013, 02:23 AM)

Originally Posted by TAJ

The top two have to be the T-Rex going through the fence and the through-the-windshield shot of it walking by a few seconds after.
The award for Holy Shit... I Can't Believe They Even Attempted This In 1993 goes to the shot where the T-Rex climbs on top of the kids' jeep.

you know you want it.
Razgriz-Specter
(03-13-2013, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by FloppyDelux

what? plz tell me your under 25

Im 22 and I remember seeing it in theaters, was only 3 lol
Demoncarnotaur
(03-13-2013, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by SunhiLegend

From the other thread. So fucking good.

The animatronics look fucking incredible.. CG aged very well also. Well, other than the Brachiosaurus.
FloppyDelux
(03-13-2013, 02:47 AM)

you know you want it.

in my back yard? yes i do..
Kyleripman
(03-13-2013, 02:54 AM)

Originally Posted by thecouncil

Id like to see it in 2D. Is that an option?

I hope so too. I think it was for the Lion King 3D re-release, might be wrong though.
Demoncarnotaur
(03-13-2013, 02:56 AM)
Im not a big 3D guy..

But I would say see this in 3D. I can't get over how good that preview looked.
_Isaac
(03-13-2013, 03:17 AM)
So when is this releasing? I hope it's not just going to be in Imax 3d.
gkryhewy
(03-13-2013, 03:29 AM)
Will buy the overpriced 3D BR at an already-established high price.
Kagari
Super Mode
(03-13-2013, 03:36 AM)

Originally Posted by _Isaac

So when is this releasing? I hope it's not just going to be in Imax 3d.

April 5th.
Demoncarnotaur
(03-13-2013, 07:01 PM)
So did anyone get an early pass before they ran out?

Also, for those interested, recent rumors suggest JP4 may move into production next month:

'Jurassic Park 4' to shoot in Baton Rouge? Universal appears to be eyeballing city for high-profile sequel
strafer
(03-13-2013, 07:02 PM)
i just want a poster
GreatCharleston
(03-13-2013, 07:05 PM)
Never watched it in the cinemas back in 1993 because I was like 2 at the time, so this will more than make for it.
Booties
(03-14-2013, 01:35 AM)
I wish they would reprise this movie only to see Samuel L Jackson do it all again.
FantasticMrFoxdie
(03-14-2013, 01:41 AM)
Fucking spoilers up in this shit.

HYPE! Hold onto your butts
Magnus
(03-14-2013, 03:18 PM)
So, yesterday was a total blast. Was so awesome to finally see this in a theatre!

3D was generally well done. It's never annoying, never truly in your face awful, and used to great effect in 2 or 3 different 'shock' moments (fans of the film can guess which). Tons of gasps from the audience, even during non-3D moments, which made me think either tons of people haven't seen the film in ages and didn't remember many surprises, or there were a lot of first-time viewers in the crowd.

Either way, an excellent way to re-experience the film. Really felt like I was watching it for the first time. Found myself on the edge of my seat despite knowing exactly what was going to happen.

Also...like, damn...how was the CG that good in 1993? Or am I completely naive and were other tricks employed for the T-Rex in particular? Jesus Christ. Or was the CG retooled for the bluray/HD release two years ago? I dunno. It all still looks so fucking good and believable.

Great experience. Go see!

Favorite moment: the entire audience bursting into laughter at this shot:

Last edited by Magnus; 03-14-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Messypandas
(03-14-2013, 03:20 PM)
shame there was never a sequel
strafer
(03-14-2013, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Magnus

So, yesterday was a total blast. Was so awesome to finally see this in a theatre!

3D was generally well done. It's never annoying, never truly in your face awful, and used to great effect in 2 or 3 different 'shock' moments (fans of the film can guess which). Tons of gasps from the audience, even during non-3D moments, which made me think either tons of people haven't seen the film in ages and didn't remember many surprises, or there were a lot of first-time viewers in the crowd.

Either way, an excellent way to re-experience the film. Really felt like I was watching it for the first time. Found myself on the edge of my seat despite knowing exactly what was going to happen.

Also...like, damn...how was the CG that good in 1993? Or am I completely naive and were other tricks employed for the T-Rex in particular? Jesus Christ. Or was the CG retooled for the bluray/HD release two years ago? I dunno. It all still looks so fucking good and believable.

How was the audience during the water ripple scene?
RS4-
(03-14-2013, 03:23 PM)

Oh fuck, where did you see it?
McNei1y
(03-14-2013, 03:24 PM)
How come Timmy never grabbed the shotgun for Ellie when they were hacking through the UNIX system?
Magnus
(03-14-2013, 03:27 PM)

Expectant, silent, bated breath. One girl gasped on the other side of the theatre, lol.

People couldn't shut up during Ellie's elbow-deep-in-shit scene. I've never heard 'ew' so often and obnoxiously in 60 seconds.

Originally Posted by RS4-

Oh fuck, where did you see it?

Advance screening in Toronto, courtesy of Universal Pictures! I usually have extra passes for Universal films for friends if you live in TO; PM me!
RS4-
(03-14-2013, 03:28 PM)

Expectant, silent, bated breath. One girl gasped on the other side of the theatre, lol.

Advance screening in Toronto, courtesy of Universal Pictures.

GG no invite :(
Magnus
(03-14-2013, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by RS4-

GG no invite :(

Aw shit dude! Sorry, wish I put the word out, but this week was crazy. Had four unused passes to boot! =/

I expect there'll be a screening for Oblivion next month, if you're so inclined? PM me!
Anton Sugar
(03-14-2013, 03:47 PM)

Demoncarnotaur
(03-14-2013, 04:01 PM)
So, anyone picking up the 'JP3D' toys? While they are more like spinoff toys (I do not think Hasbro retained the rights to the actors, etc) thry are very nice for JP and dinosaur fans.

Pachyrhinosaurus Clash

Allosaurus Assault

These are about 10inches long, articulated with removable dino-damage and battle features. On top of that they are the first new molds in 11+ years!

Hyped!

Seriously, its amazing how watching the movie on the big screen on in IMAX + 3D really does make things feel fresh.

Its funny that you ask that, because when I saw the IMAX preview before OZ all I could see in that scene was the guitar string under the cup. It was really evident at that quality and size, haha. Still an amazing scene..
Last edited by Demoncarnotaur; 03-14-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Booties
(03-14-2013, 06:09 PM)
I had the entire playset that even had the little hatchery. Would feed dem eggs to mah t-rex.
Demoncarnotaur
(03-16-2013, 12:02 AM)
Burger King is getting Jurassic Park toys! http://www.bkcrown.com/Toys/Default.aspx
erpg
GAF parliamentarian
(03-17-2013, 06:07 PM)
Well, I was just invited to a screening this week and now I can't focus on the dozen journal articles I have to read for Monday.

Memories keep flooding back. I remember gas stations (Esso?) in Quebec had dinosaur-specific Jurassic Park books available at the tellers. My dad took me on an hour long trip to Sherbrooke to pick up the Dilophosaurus one. I hope I still have them. :)
Last edited by erpg; 03-17-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Amalthea
let's dance all the way down to Jewish history-town
(03-17-2013, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Demoncarnotaur

Burger King is getting Jurassic Park toys! http://www.bkcrown.com/Toys/Default.aspx

Just great, my local BK doesn't sell people under 12 years Kids Meals unless you act like you're taking them out for your kids. Is this shit even legal?
KingofGourds
(03-17-2013, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Anton Sugar

They never did capitalise on the pure sex that was Ian Malcolm in The Lost World like they did in this oh so gratuitous scene. Damn shame.
Demoncarnotaur
(03-17-2013, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Lyphen

Well, I was just invited to a screening this week and now I can't focus on the dozen journal articles I have to read for Monday.

Memories keep flooding back. I remember gas stations (Esso?) in Quebec had dinosaur-specific Jurassic Park books available at the tellers. My dad took me on an hour long trip to Sherbrooke to pick up the Dilophosaurus one. I hope I still have them. :)

Jealous. Im dying to see this in IMAX.

Originally Posted by Amalthea

Just great, my local BK doesn't sell people under 12 years Kids Meals unless you act like you're taking them out for your kids. Is this shit even legal?

Hm, don't say its for you I suppose.. If they ask say its for a child back at home or something.

Originally Posted by KingofGourds

They never did capitalise on the pure sex that was Ian Malcolm in The Lost World like they did in this oh so gratuitous scene. Damn shame.

That was one thing that bummed me out about TLW- He wasn't the sexy full of himself chaos theorist. Then again, he had more at stake with his daughter and girlfriend involved, so I get why he was more 'normal'.