• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Is Joakim Mogren CG?
#TeamCG - Totally CG, Fox Engine is the future of videogames!
839 41.11%
#TeamReal - Lol Kojima Productions isn't auditioning for AVATAR 2! :P
1,202 58.89%
Voters: 2041. You may not vote on this poll


Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(03-16-2013, 08:23 AM)
Sinatar's Avatar


Last edited by Sinatar; 03-16-2013 at 08:53 AM.
demolitio
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:27 AM)
demolitio's Avatar
I bow to no man and declare allegiance only to myself.

With that being said, thinking it's CG is more fun than being a party pooper. :D
Kageshinzo
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:29 AM)
Kageshinzo's Avatar
Jesus Christ, this is still ongoing?

We haven't reached that level of CG fidelity yet. Team Real.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-16-2013, 08:36 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by maniac-kun



Look at the left eyelid. Take a close look.

Notice the weird shape it takes at the end of the loop?

Thats a vector not reacting to the movement of the motion capturing tracking ball that maybe sticked to his skin.

I love this thread
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(03-16-2013, 08:36 AM)
Sinatar's Avatar
Now that we have a nice clean HD version to make gif's from.



The shadow that "bugged out" that had you fools convinced it was CG is clearly a lightsource illuminating his face, almost looks like a camera flash.

Last edited by Sinatar; 03-16-2013 at 08:41 AM.
MormaPope
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:40 AM)
MormaPope's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sinatar

Now that we have a nice clean HD version to make gif's from.



The shadow that "bugged out" that had you fools convinced it was CG is clearly a lightsource illuminating his face, almost looks like a camera flash.

In the interview it's barely viable or pronounced, whenever it's shown in any gif's it looks a lot more pronounced/blatant.
Killthee
helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
(03-16-2013, 08:44 AM)
Killthee's Avatar
Eight Diagram Bat Fighter
Banned
(03-16-2013, 08:44 AM)
Eight Diagram Bat Fighter's Avatar
The guy is clearly Caucasian, you guys are idiots to think otherwise.
Krilekk
Banned
(03-16-2013, 08:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Kageshinzo

Jesus Christ, this is still ongoing?

We haven't reached that level of CG fidelity yet. Team Real.

We are there with prerendered graphics but of course not in realtime. Listening to people say otherwise when the very same people talk about Thief 4 graphics as current gen and diminishing returns is hilarious.
Mariolee
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:47 AM)
Mariolee's Avatar


The real twist is that neither Joakim nor Geoff are CGI.
We are.
WoodenLung
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:49 AM)
WoodenLung's Avatar
Weird animations. 4/10, would not play



It's not CG
Last edited by WoodenLung; 03-16-2013 at 08:52 AM.
PAULINK
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:50 AM)
PAULINK's Avatar
That's real, this whole conspiracy theory is funny though.
Mechazawa
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:50 AM)
Mechazawa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krilekk

We are there with prerendered graphics but of course not in realtime. Listening to people say otherwise when the very same people talk about Thief 4 graphics as current gen and diminishing returns is hilarious.

Are we? The Audrey Hepburn figure in the recent chocolate commercial looks pretty damn impressive, but I've never seen any CGI that both looked and animated with this level of fidelity. Are we supposed to believe that KojiPro is pulling off stuff that high budget movies aren't even capable of?

And yeah, the thread title doesn't make any sense. So is it CG or being rendered by Fox Engine(the later of which is hilariously ridiculous)?
Salacious Crumb
Junior Member
(03-16-2013, 08:51 AM)
Salacious Crumb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krilekk

We are there with prerendered graphics

I've never seen any CG that looks as convincing as that dude.
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(03-16-2013, 08:53 AM)
Dead Man's Avatar
There is a lot of wishful thinking in here.
UrbanRats
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:58 AM)
UrbanRats's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead Man

There is a lot of wishful thinking in here.



CG.
Kageshinzo
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:58 AM)
Kageshinzo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Krilekk

We are there with prerendered graphics

Pray tell, can you give us an example of this revolutionary technology that you speak of?
Mikey Jr.
Member
(03-16-2013, 08:59 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar
#TeamCG, Some of the best 3d artists in the world have not been able to create a talking human in video that looks flawless.

So you are saying, of all the fucking people in the world, Kojima has done it?

Come on guys.

Come on.
BurnOutBrighter
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:04 AM)
BurnOutBrighter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

#TeamCG, Some of the best 3d artists in the world have not been able to create a talking human in video that looks flawless.

So you are saying, of all the fucking people in the world, Kojima has done it?

Come on guys.

Come on.

Don't underestimate Kojima. He is not one to be trifled with.
tass0
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:04 AM)
tass0's Avatar
Come on guys, we're obviously not at that level yet.

mickcenary
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:08 AM)
mickcenary's Avatar
I'm siding with those that actually want The Phantom Pain to exist as a real, standalone game reflecting the mood of the trailer, rather than some elaborate and empty stepping stone to another MGS game.

#Team Whale
Raitosaito
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:09 AM)
Raitosaito's Avatar

Originally Posted by mickcenary

I'm siding with those that actually want The Phantom Pain to exist as a real, standalone game reflecting the mood of the trailer, rather than some elaborate and empty stepping stone to another MGS game.

#Team Whale

I like Team Whale. I'm joining

#Team Whale
UrbanRats
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:10 AM)
UrbanRats's Avatar
Weird ads on gaf:

Mikey Jr.
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:11 AM)
Mikey Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by BurnOutBrighter

Don't underestimate Kojima. He is not one to be trifled with.

I just wonder how teamcg is going to feel when we find out it was all real? Will they question their own sanity? Because im telling you, that was real. How are you guys going to justify in your minds all the things that made it "cg"?
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(03-16-2013, 09:12 AM)
Dead Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by UrbanRats



CG.

LOL :)
Ch Totoro
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:14 AM)
Ch Totoro's Avatar
Can I beg for a Wii U port? lol

Edit : btw

But just because I would find any another marketing explanation so ridiculous and deceptive (why the bandages, why an interview so badly done : lighting / questions / answers / shitty done unwanted leak. And why such a strange behaviour, his facial expressions looks so weird...)
Last edited by Ch Totoro; 03-25-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: #TeamCG
brohmbel
Junior Member
(03-16-2013, 09:16 AM)
brohmbel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

I just wonder how teamcg is going to feel when we find out it was all real? Will they question their own sanity? Because im telling you, that was real. How are you guys going to justify in your minds all the things that made it "cg"?

What's sad is GAF is supposed to be one of the smarter gaming forums on the web. This is one of the saddest threads I've ever seen on here.

EDIT: It's probably been mentioned, but this is like the antithesis to the absolutely brilliant Detective GAF thread in which people picked up on clues in The Phantom Pain trailer and sussed out that it was really a Metal Gear game. This thread completely nullifies that one.
Last edited by brohmbel; 03-16-2013 at 09:20 AM.
MormaPope
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:18 AM)
MormaPope's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

I just wonder how teamcg is going to feel when we find out it was all real? Will they question their own sanity? Because im telling you, that was real. How are you guys going to justify in your minds all the things that made it "cg"?

I'll just put on my sunglasses and fly away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYw2nj36NCM

Don't watch if you never somehow saw The Matrix yet.

Originally Posted by brohmbel

What's sad is GAF is supposed to be one of the smarter gaming forums on the web. This is one of the saddest threads I've ever seen on here.

Have you gone to the off topic side yet? I assume you haven't, from users getting cancer to users making up a story about their girlfriend being kidnapped.

All kinds of sadness await thee.
Last edited by MormaPope; 03-16-2013 at 09:22 AM.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?
(03-16-2013, 09:19 AM)
efyu_lemonardo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Geoff Keighley posted here saying GDC will be great.

Oh crap! You just know this thread is going to be in the neogaf documentary...

Originally Posted by phantomsnake

Anyone notice that we only get to see 5 of the 6 screenshots on Joakim's iPad? Well guess what, I found the 6th screenshot!

Is that a Blade Runner reference? If it is, then I salute you sir!

Originally Posted by UrbanRats

Weird ads on gaf:

For the record:

I-hate-u
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:20 AM)
I-hate-u's Avatar
He look like Tobuscus:

UrbanRats
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:23 AM)
UrbanRats's Avatar

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

He look like Tobuscus:

And in the Ubisoft conference he was - go figure- appearing just on the screen.
CG.
TTP
Have a fun! Enjoy!
(03-16-2013, 09:24 AM)
TTP's Avatar
If that's real, Pixar and Dreamworks should both be ashamed a (fake) game company is beating them.

KSai
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:25 AM)
KSai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

#TeamCG, Some of the best 3d artists in the world have not been able to create a talking human in video that looks flawless.

So you are saying, of all the fucking people in the world, Kojima has done it?

Come on guys.

Come on.

Hideo. Fucking. Kojima.

Give him some credit, he's done a lot after starting out as a struggling writer.
I-hate-u
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:30 AM)
I-hate-u's Avatar
This is one of the best hype-building game announcements in a long time.

#Kojima
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(03-16-2013, 09:30 AM)
benny_a's Avatar


Fuck Barcelona!
Johnny McBeth
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:30 AM)
Johnny McBeth's Avatar
Kojima Kaminandesuka.

I'm with team CG because it's not just any person, it's Kojima. I'd go batshit insane if it was CG.

red731
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:31 AM)
red731's Avatar
Good morn-

the fuck
ActionRemix
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:33 AM)
ActionRemix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Johnny McBeth

Kojima Kaminandesuka.

I'm with team CG because it's not just any person, it's Kojima. I'd go batshit insane if it was CG.

Most of us have already gone insane. Psycho Mantis is under the bandages.
Lijik
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:34 AM)
Lijik's Avatar
Have we considered that its actually a cg Geoff? Maybe Geoff has been a cg consgruct of kojimas all along. The long grift
IvanI
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:35 AM)
IvanI's Avatar




NeoGAF..."Believe" is the slogan, right? So buzz of you #TeamReal folks. Shoo! Get out!
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(03-16-2013, 09:35 AM)
Dead Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by KSai

Hideo. Fucking. Kojima.

Give him some credit, he's done a lot after starting out as a struggling writer.

He's still a struggling writer, he's just paid for it very well.
Maaseru
Banned
(03-16-2013, 09:38 AM)
Thread of the decade hahahahaha, Kojima has done it again...if even indirectly.

My favorite parts are over analizing why the dude is CG and the part when Keighley ask if the game/images are Fox Engine and the dude freaks out hahaha. Also Kramer gift, nobel prize please lol
ActionRemix
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:41 AM)
ActionRemix's Avatar
Even though I'm on #teamCG I can't believe its winning the poll.
Meatvillain
Banned
(03-16-2013, 09:43 AM)
JOAKIM MOGREN
JOAKI MOGREN
DOAKI MOGREN
DOVKI MOGREN
DOVKI MAGREN
DOVKI MAGTEN
DOVKD MAGTEN
DOVID HAGTEN
DOVID HAGTER
DAVID HAGTER
DAVID HAYTER
ActionRemix
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:45 AM)
ActionRemix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meatvillain

JOAKIM MOGREN
JOAKI MOGREN
DOAKI MOGREN
DOVKI MOGREN
DOVKI MAGREN
DOVKI MAGTEN
DOVKD MAGTEN
DOVID HAGTEN
DOVID HAGTER
DAVID HAGTER
DAVID HAYTER

JOAKIM MOGREN
REMAKING MOJO
Coolwhip
Member
(03-16-2013, 09:47 AM)
Coolwhip's Avatar
Are the people saying it's CG trolling or joking now? I can't tell anymore.
onQ123
Junior Member
(03-16-2013, 09:49 AM)
onQ123's Avatar
is this the same NeoGaf that Jr'ed me for making 4K Gaming threads? lol


too funny. but I hope it's CG from the Fox engine because that will mean that video games have final beat Toy Story lol.


The movements & the fact that the light in his eyes make me believe it's CG also.
Krusenstern
Member
(03-16-2013, 10:00 AM)
Krusenstern's Avatar

Originally Posted by onQ123

The movements & the fact that the light in his eyes make me believe it's CG also.

Don't forget your pill:


^^^
Before anyone misunderstands, that's my pill here.
Last edited by Krusenstern; 03-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.
StanTowers
Member
(03-16-2013, 10:00 AM)
StanTowers's Avatar
Leave it to Kojima to mess with everyone's heads :D
arab
Banned
(03-16-2013, 10:02 AM)
arab's Avatar


this shit goes all the way to the top man. ALL THE FUCKING WAY.

Thread Tools