• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to Steam

Seda

From the stream, no specific date yet

Dean (Noogy) says he's shooting for April.

Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMMbAXhCNU

Woo, sorry for not jumping in earlier, I just now got to a wifi hotspot.

The panel was a blast (thank you to everyone who attended), and surprisingly the live build did not crash! I believe the panel will be available for later viewing, after which I'll post a link.

But the big news is, of course, Steam. I'm so happy to finally start talking about it, and thank you guys for the reception is has received so far. I should note that the game will NOT be using GFW, and I've spent much of the last few months making it a PC friendly port. Running the game at 1080p is quite nice.

Anyway, I can't give a specific release date, but I'm working as fast as I can. Thanks everyone!

vareon

Ooooooh cool. Any impressions from those who've played this before? I only know the art is fantastic and that's it.

Sweet! Noogy gave me a code for the initial XBL release which I was extremely grateful for, so now I will be able to repay that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The was one of the last big XBLA exclusives still holding out. Nice. I'll be on this shit day one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I knew this was in the works more or less, but it is nice to finally see it come to light at last.

Vexxan

Great announcement trailer, happily buying this again on PC and I'm still amazed the game was pretty much made by only one guy.

Good news for non-360 owners.

It's weird how XBLA was an absolute monster 2-3 years ago, and now almost all of its games can be found elsewhere. Castle Crashers, Braid, Dust, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Geometry Wars, the list goes on. I used to tell people that you absolutely had to have a 360 for XBLA, but now, not so much.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

It's weird how XBLA was an absolute monster 2-3 years ago, and now almost all of its games can be found elsewhere. Castle Crashers, Braid, Dust, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Geometry Wars, the list goes on. I used to tell people that you absolutely had to have a 360 for XBLA, but now, not so much.

There will always be Geometry Wars 2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Another important note about Dust PC, it appears it is being published by Microsoft and that being the case expect it to only be for Windows and only show up on Steam/Amazon.

harSon

Banned

Outside of first party input, you'll probably find the same to be true for both XBLA and PSN next generation considering the platform hardware will be more similar to PC than ever before and exclusivity, especially for smaller games like this, doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

Montresor

Well sure. But it cannot be stressed enough just how good the overall library on XBLA is, whether or not it's exclusive. XBLA is still a monster, just not a monogamous one. =)

Good news re: Dust An Elysian Tail because it's always good news when a great game goes multiplatform.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Outside of first party input, you'll probably find the same to be true for both XBLA and PSN next generation considering the platform hardware will be more similar to PC than ever before and exclusivity, especially for smaller games like this, doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

More often it could be PC then console digital services afterwards, like Terraria, Minecraft or Hotline Miami.

HoosTrax

Had a look at some screenshots... I'm pleased it's coming to PC, but I'm kind of surprised he cut a deal with Microsoft instead of Sony for a game like this. Seems like more PSN material.

Top Bottom