• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Guys is Paranoia Agent a good anime to watch. People be saying its a bit crazy. It can't fuck with my head more than End of Evangelion right?

If you can handle End of Evangelion, you should have no problem with Paranoia Agent.

It's definitely a show I'd recommend. It's not an absolute masterpiece, but when it's great, it's fucking great.

The series on a whole might not be an amazing masterpiece, but the parts are greater than the whole. If you watch the entire series, by the end of it you will probably feel that a few of the episodes alone were worth the time and cost invested into the entire series.

I hope that helps you make your decision!

Yup. I have decided to watch. Dat opening. Its catchy and a bit creepy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Me dad's been watching Studio Ghibli films on Film4 for the past few days. Today's treat is My Neighbor Totoro.

fertygo

Dancougar - 05

Bwahahahaha useless alien, Shapiro already became their commander in 5 episode..

The ED so goddamn catchy, can't stop listening it.

Higurashi Kira 03

Yey romance episode. If I were Keichi I would've picked Mion...

Lol at these hairstyles

higurashi20i1j35.png

Same as Kuwabara from YYH!

Skinhead!

Finally have enough time to get back to watching anime in like 2 months :/

Anyone willing to tell me if there were any standouts from last season that I should watch?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If you can handle End of Evangelion, you should have no problem with Paranoia Agent.

I know someone who quit anime for a long time because of the
Happy Family Planning
episode of Paranoia Agent. It violated their entire being.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally have enough time to get back to watching anime in like 2 months :/

Anyone willing to tell me if there were any standouts from last season that I should watch?

Honestly would not recommend a single show that started in the last season.

Maybe you should check out some shows that didn't start last season but were/are still airing like Psycho Pass or Jojo.

Definitely not Tamako.

Mature

I know someone who quit anime for a long time because of the
Happy Family Planning
episode of Paranoia Agent. It violated their entire being.
That's almost a weird one to get weirded out over. If I remember correctly, it was actually sort of comical.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's almost a weird one to get weirded out over. If I remember correctly, it was actually sort of comical.

Yeah, seriously. I remember watching it with them and while I was just grinning the entire time, he had his hands over his face like he was watching someone being dismembered. Good times.

duckroll

Little Witch Academia

So good. So awesome. It's a visual tour de force that never wastes a single cut or a single second. They know that it's a short film with limited runtime, so Yoh Yoshinari packed something interesting in every single scene. It's simple but entertaining, short but sweet, and oh so magical. If this is the true power of Trigger, then Imaishi is going to have really high expectations to meet when he unveils his TV series in May! Om nom nom nom.

Best faces:

Awesome Pablo backgrounds:

Does anyone here have any clue how the fuck KyoAni plans to make another full season of Chuu2 with the same main characters? Their story arc is over and they've changed too much for the series to be as fun as it used to be without reverting them back and undoing character development. Maybe a mid-quel?

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, seriously. I remember watching it with them and while I was just grinning the entire time, he had his hands over his face like he was watching someone being dismembered. Good times.

I remember it being one of the more uplifting episodes (as uplifting as it could be), due to the ending.

"Well, no sense continuing to be freaked out about this, let's go get train tickets."
HAPPY FAMILY PLANNING

OceanBlue

Does anyone here have any clue how the fuck KyoAni plans to make another full season of Chuu2 with the same main characters? Their story arc is over and they've changed too much for the series to be as fun as it used to be without reverting them back and undoing character development. Maybe a mid-quel?

A new character? Other than that, maybe romance hijinks? I dunno. Rikka is still chuunibyou and they have a second novel to adapt. They'll probably pad the series like they did with the first season.

There's season 2 of Chihayafuru if you liked the first one.

Aside from that, Winter was a pretty dead season.

It stood out in that it didn't have any standouts.

Well that's just not good :(

What happened to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha? I didn't really like how they changed the designs of the characters from the manga but I remember some comparing it to Spice and Wolf.

Tamako Market

Honestly would not recommend a single show that started in the last season.

Maybe you should check out some shows that didn't start last season but were/are still airing like Psycho Pass or Jojo.

Definitely not Tamako.

Well looking at the synopsis, Tamako isn't something I'd usually watch but since there's supposedly some comedy I'll at least give Ep 1 a shot.

And I'd watch Jojo if I knew where to actually start.

Cuticle Detective Inaba
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
Amnesia
courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyobu Kyosuke

Thanks DTL, I'll give these a try later.

OreShura 13

Show's still stupid and dull.

Somehow managed to pick the worst ending and then make it an non-ending all within the same episode.

Good riddance I'm done watching this.

OH GOD OH GOD ITSHAPPENING.GIF

Actually, before you waste your time, all of those except for Hakkenden are really really bad.

I disagree

Inaba has good comedy
The unlimited is well above average and has good animation and above average production values.

They aren't masterpieces but are worthy of a watch to make your own opinion.. there is nothing" bad" about those 2

Actually, before you waste your time, all of those except for Hakkenden are really really bad.

Well, I'll still give them a try and if they don't really resonate well with me I can always drop them.

I'd at least like to find one show that I can enjoy, like every other previous season.

It's only 26 episodes. Just go back to the first one, it starts at the very beginning and is super approachable.

So there's no need to read the manga to get into the anime?

That's some really good news then.

Psycho Pass - 12
Psycho-Pass%20-%2012.jpg

Well this will become obvious soon

And now i'm resuming my psycho pass watch ..i stopped after the excellent ep 11 and i'm resuming with ep 12 that happen to be a flashback 3 years prior.

The sybil system is still crap but it was nice to see oogami before his mind became corrupted.
I still think PP cast is the glorious star of this show and the main antagonist is the sybil system they all abide to. If the white haired guy ( forgot his name ) wasn't such an *ssh*le , i would root for him but right now this is clearly impossible.

The episode itself was a nice way to look at things from another perspective and the fact that i'm loving the cast so far make this flashback a big "plus"

Loving it.

Well, I'll still give them a try and if they don't really resonate well with me I can always drop them.

I'd at least like to find one show that I can enjoy, like every other previous season.

The unlimited & inaba are not bad shows... try it for yourself.

Psycho pass - 13

My little rookie inspector is slowly becoming more and more intresting as a character ...

Psycho-Pass%20-%2013_01.jpg

Hey our system is flawed , we know it but don't tell anyone !
This episode was ... most intresting .. i'm very intrested in shogo actions now that it came to it.

The pacing was also most enjoyable.
But akane did a thing that was most unexpected .. Loving it

This episode had 2 scenes pretty good ..first the father-son talk that was quite intresting and a good way to show how the characters themselves deal with the sibyl system .. it was an intresting insight and i might do good of remember this since , ILR studies managed to create the theory for a sibyl system like recently ( no kidding )

This sucks.

Ending was ..unexpected.

CorvoSol

GTO 38

LOL, Kanzaki puts a snake in Onizuka's pants again as payback for sticking her with three Gundam nerds. Then she mutinies Onizuka's class during his little pirate trip, and buries him in the sand. Meanwhile, Yoshikawa mans up in spite of being lost in the woods with Anko and company, and when she gets sucked into some kinda vortex, he jumps in after her.

GTO 38

LOL, Kanzaki puts a snake in Onizuka's pants again as payback for sticking her with three Gundam nerds. Then she mutinies Onizuka's class during his little pirate trip, and buries him in the sand. Meanwhile, Yoshikawa mans up in spite of being lost in the woods with Anko and company, and when she gets sucked into some kinda vortex, he jumps in after her.

Are you watching it dubbed?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So because of zeroshiki, I watched Attack No 1 and I came to this realization:

R66CWDQ.jpg

The main character is Attack No 1...

dcyNGmcl.jpg

Is played by this actress...

2JSQfRyl.jpg

Who also played Oka in the Ace wo Nerae adaption!

And you know, these shows are so eerily similar that it almost makes sense that you'd basically cast the same girl to do both roles. Coachie being a bastard in order to make this random girl the best sportsball player in the world. Wacky.

But yeah, jdrama gotta jdrama. These actresses tried to cry and it looked funny every time. lol

And zeroshiki, episode 9 was fine!

Oh right:

Funimation Confirms Psycho-Pass Home Video Release

North American anime distributor Funimation confirmed at Sakura-Con on Saturday that it will release the Psycho-Pass television anime series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Spring 2014. Funimation streamed the series as it aired in Japan.

Update: Psycho-Pass director Naoyoshi Shiotani mentioned at a directors panel at Sakura-Con on Saturday that that if the show gets enough support, there could be a second season.

Funi also I guess mentioned the release window of some of their other stuff as well:
Lupin the Third The woman called fujiko mine: Summer 2013 (No month but July as tossed out)
Sankarea: Fall 2013
The Future Diary: Summer 2013
Fairy Tail Season 2: July
Fairy Tail Movie: Winter 2013
One Piece season 5 eps 264-336 late summer 2013
One Piece: Strong World: Winter 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom