• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

I didn't realize cel animation was that old. That being said, from how I understand the animation process, I'd say the basic process remains the same aside from the move to digital composition as far as Japanese animation goes (although I don't really know much about this to be honest, lol).

Interesting stuff. I guess I'll take the chance to plug this Youtube series about how KyoAni's Kanon was made, lol. It's a good way to compare how things have changed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Space Brothers] 50

I envy the people in the future whose cellphones have enough battery to last them six days without a recharge. :/

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova 09

Y86DD7W.jpg

Probably the only time you'll see Leavanny have a good showing or hell showing up in the show in general.

So, pretty good episode especially they devoted all the time to Ash's battle. Good strategies for both sides and nice action as well. Of course to make up for this, they spent no time on everyone else's battle but you can't win them all.

Narag

Live action Fist of the North Star is on Netflix, it seems. Time to revisit this classic.

edit: lol @ Shin pulling a gun on Ryuken. This movie.

wonzo

Banned
Little Busters! 24-25

lb25.jpg

Finally, it only took 25 episodes but there's finally a character worth giving a shit about. One who takes the lemons of life head-on with a shit-eating grin. based kengo

Though I can't help feel as if they're gonna fuck this all up in Refrain or the ronpaul.gif worthy next episode. aaaa fuck you maedaaaaaa

Quasar

Little Busters! 24-25

lb25.jpg

Finally, it only took 25 episodes but there's finally a character worth giving a shit about. One who takes the lemons of life head-on with a shit-eating grin. based kengo

Whilst I don't really agree with the first part I am really sad how little used Kengo has been given how awesome a character he is.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 73

KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU KATTOBINGU

This was like some ultimate fanwank episode for the ZeXal fan. What if those two rivals fight, summon all their ultimate monsters etc etc!!!!!

Bad characters, bad hair cuts, bad voice acting makes this a bad show.

Ugh and I still have season 2

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 05

Nice little flashback episode that focused on Uiharu and Kuroko that featured a flashback which told how the two became friends. 3rd ship found.

CorvoSol

GTO 39

So Yoshikawa proves he's a man, gets to feel up Anko, and apparently she also falls in love with him. As an added bonus, they find the treasure, inasmuch as valuable Christian relics from the goodness knows when period are treasure (fun fact, the Japanese word for Christ is Portuguese in origin because Portuguese missionaries were the first Christian missionaries into Japan.) They also manage to destroy all these artifacts as well as a nifty cross carved into the wall of the cave (the so called golden cross, which when lit with sunlight would well have appeared to be gold.) by exploding an unexploded bomb, presumably from WWII.

Meanwhile, Onizuka is dressed up in some bondage gear, calling Kanzaki's tastes into serious question.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 51

spacebros51.jpg

Man, this little arc with Nitta and his lil' bro's been fantastic. A shame the show still has to bring up the Indian fortune teller bullshit, the unholy combination of racial stereotyping and superstitious garbage in what is an otherwise science heavy show. :/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
From MAL: TV Anime of Manga 'Pupa' Announced

According to the newly started official anime website, manga "Pupa" will get a TV anime adaptation. No information about studio, staff, or cast is available yet.

The manga is serialized in Monthly Comic Earthstart and so far three volumes have been published. The official website of the manga can be found here. According to the catchphrase on the manga volume, it is about "the ultimate love between elder-brother and younger-sister" and "cannibalism".

otaku depravity really is something else.

Space Brothers 51:
These Nitta focused episodes have been fantastic. I love the relationship that's developed over the last couple of episodes between him and Mutta, and we got to see in this episode how Mutta was also able to reflect on his successes and failures as a brother. Those moments of reflection were great for both characters.

Seeing Kazuya watch Nitta's video and getting something from it
was also a really great bit. The final scenes of the episode were pretty much perfect.

wonzo

Banned
[Space Brothers] 50

I envy the people in the future whose cellphones have enough battery to last them six days without a recharge. :/
I can deff. see batteries and solar panels being far more advanced in 2 decides bro.

From MAL: TV Anime of Manga 'Pupa' Announced

otaku depravity really is something else.
"Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa have been living all on their own. One day, Yume sees red butterflies and something strange happens to her body!! As the siblings are toyed with by “Pupa,” so begins their tale of heroic love... (From JManga) "

sounds kinky. a shame jmanga's pretty much killed the chance of a translation of any of this :(

CorvoSol

Gao Gai Gar 39

OH SNAP. ALL MY NIGHTMARES. IS THAT A SPACE VIKING? WITH GIANT ARMS? Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. These Primeval guys have taken command of Orbit Base! And they knocked Gai out into space! and now it's just Mamoru alone in the base with an army of zombie zonders! This show, man. THIS. SHOW. I wish I was ten years old and watching this because my mind would be BLOWN TO TINY PIECES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom