• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiji03_03.jpg

welp

is that a girls und panzer X muvluv reference ?

Space Runaway Ideon 36:
Kind of a blah episode. It felt like there was a whole bit in between the previous episode and this one that we were missing, and I spent most of the first half of the episode thinking that this was all some big ploy from the characters. On top of that, the whole episode felt fairly inconsequential. On the plus side, Harulu returns briefly at the end, so that's a good thing.

I disagree. Nothing is creepier than looking at terrible Bleach art and realizing that lots of people are actually paying money and enjoying that crap.

Hey, it takes a lot of talent to dump random splotches of black ink on a page and call it a day. Not everyone is that brazen.

BluWacky

I wish today's mediocre-to-bad shows were like those in 2000!

Argento Soma 2-3

There's an interesting show in here somewhere, but it's trapped beneath layers of dull execution. Thankfully the worst of Hattie's near-autistic whimsies appears to have been dealt with by the end of the third episode, but that doesn't fix the oft pretentious dialogue or the occasionally ponderous direction. Every good visual idea (Hattie's flashbacks are rendered very creepily, for instance) is balanced by a bad one (the fight between Frank and the alien in episode 2, for instance, is conducted mostly in slow-motion without the audience seeing what's going on).

I'm interested in whatever Maki's deal is/was, and Frank itself is potentially fascinating given how little the audience really knows at this point about the aliens. I think once the show actually starts (having given us two prologue episodes and one which hopefully sets up the rest of the show), it might be interesting enough.

Betterman 2-3

Hahahahahaha, this show is shit. Intriguing, but shit.

I couldn't even begin to tell you why there were a whole load of homicidal dummies flying the plane that our heroes were on in the third episode. But I guess it doesn't matter when a nicely animated Betterman can blow them up by shouting at them and then use his magic moth pollen to fly the plane to safety!

This is my least favourite of these three shows. Since the first episode its attempts at horror have fallen flat, the second episode is ridiculously full of technobabble, and both Keita and Hinoki are insufferable lead characters; Hinoki would at least be tolerable if she didn't keep having stroppy fits all the time.

The next episode previews are hilarious, though. Every episode ends with the cutesy little girl character whispering about how your face is going to melt off or maggots are going to eat your insides. It's ace.

Brigadoon 2-3

Disgusting llama snot is disgusting. Especially when it starts pouring out the poor thing's ears a few seconds after this.

The show takes a turn for the ridiculously melodramatic in episode 3, with the exaggerated amounts of bullying Marin suffers for being poor. It's even more ridiculous in light of what happens in episode 2, where Marin chastises Melan for trying to kill some bullies - but then the same plot point is revisited again with exactly the same story beats.

But this time, Melan goose-steps some scissors right out of a little girl's hands, so that's awesome.

I'd forgotten just how sweet the ED is. As I said before, this show has really great music.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Little Witch Academia is pretty cute. I like the gap in the under skirt shots too. No pantsu for animegaf perverts *everyone drops the series*

Also cute eyebrows.

duckroll

Argento Soma sure takes me back. It's like I'm in a time warp again! When I go into Gaming, people are talking about FFX and KH1 too! It's perfect!

BluWacky

Argento Soma sure takes me back. It's like I'm in a time warp again! When I go into Gaming, people are talking about FFX and KH1 too! It's perfect!

It aired a little bit before I properly got into anime - I never watched it because I heard it was shit. I don't think it's that bad, but then my perspective on everything has been skewed by Betterman, so...

Conan-san

So a Trailer for the Dangan Ronpa anime was shown at TAF and I can't help but wonder how on earth they're going to get away with the
Execution scenes

Not for nothing but they are violent as all get out.

duckroll

It aired a little bit before I properly got into anime - I never watched it because I heard it was shit. I don't think it's that bad, but then my perspective on everything has been skewed by Betterman, so...

I wouldn't say it's shit, but I do think it's a bad series. By the end of it you'll probably see how all the themes and potential in the story is never really fully realized or executed in a way which makes the show actually rewarding and satisfying to watch. It has some really interesting designs and themes though, just wish the show itself was better. The backstory is actually really interesting!

What have you done ducky.

I feel ashamed. :(

CorvoSol

GTO 40

So this episode is mostly Anko fantasizing about Yoshikawa and treating him like a decent human being. Also Mr. Uchiyamada creeping on some kind hearted student. The episode ends with Mr. Onizuka waking up the students in the middle of the night for hijinks.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The best part about Little Witch Academia is that it's a magical girl show but has very few of the current trappings of magical girl shows. Also, AERIAL BATTLES.
We call it "reference" in industry lingo.
Daicon girl fought Darth Vader. Superior bunny girl.

Did they stop releasing those big boxes? Only watched until Soul Society and had a blast doing so but I only ever did that due to those $30 multi-disc season releases.

Yeah theyve been steadily decreasing the cost and episodes the first three had 21/22 episodes, then the bounts arc had 16-18 episodes, then now we get 12-13 episodes.

survivor

Banned
Otona Joshi no Anime Time 1 (2011)

Well this was rather an excellent watch. I wasn't sure what to expect outside of that's an anime series for women and it has firehawk hype. Though I think the ones getting the praise are the newer episodes, but it doesn't hurt to start watching the series from the beginning.

The writing and the characters were just handled so well and I love the dampy atmosphere of the city. Not to mention the music was also good. The big thing about the animations is the photo tracing (not sure what the exact term is) which didn't work out that well as can seen from the picture posted above. Almost all the scenes of the outside environments that used this style just looked out of place. I didn't mind it when it was used inside the houses for background items since it seemed to blend in very well.

Speaking of the plot I really was hoping for the MC
to find Hisao has been waiting for her and they all get married and live happily ever after. But it's not that type of cheesy anime.
Oh well, I did like this shot of her meeting with Hisao. Also since I'm not good with stuff not explicitly told,
Motoki's dad is Hisao right?

Anyway, I'm excited to see what the next 3 specials are about, especially the Best 10 one.

Kurita

Bleach's awful art is only a small, small part of a much larger set of irreparable issues.

Heh, aside from the no-background running gag, it looks good.
I don't read/watch it but the few panels and color pages I see every now and then are good.

Narag

Yeah theyve been steadily decreasing the cost and episodes the first three had 21/22 episodes, then the bounts arc had 16-18 episodes, then now we get 12-13 episodes.

That's not too bad. I just got in the habit of buying one every few months then they stopped appearing, I started waiting, then I just forgot about it all.

Steroyd

I would if someone was talking about that. Why would I randomly say that if there's no discussion on it? I've shat on Bleach everywhere before. It's fucking awful. :p

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

You'll fit right in on Wednesdays.

Couldn't help but laugh at the guilt trip DTL put you through, I feel like patting him on the shoulder now.

Caesnd

Little Witch Academy sure feels like a (really well done) Disney production. The facial expressions really are spot on at all times, and the art style is just gorgeous. Only problem is it left me wanting more.

BluWacky

Little Witch Academia

Oh, wow. This is insanely good - not just an entertaining story, but some of the most entertaining animation I've seen in years. It's Tweeny Witches, but a supercharged 2013 version. Bravo, young animators! Bravo, Trigger!

I'm gobsmacked that this came out of the same scheme as Arve Rezzle.

So thus far out of the Anime Mirai shorts:

Little Witch Academia > Death Billiards >>>>>>>>>>>>> Arve Rezzle

I haven't seen the Gonzo one yet.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Little Witch Academia

Oh, wow. This is insanely good - not just an entertaining story, but some of the most entertaining animation I've seen in years. It's Tweeny Witches, but a supercharged 2013 version. Bravo, young animators! Bravo, Trigger!

I'm gobsmacked that this came out of the same scheme as Arve Rezzle.

So thus far out of the Anime Mirai shorts:

Little Witch Academia > Death Billiards >>>>>>>>>>>>> Arve Rezzle

I haven't seen the Gonzo one yet.

Do we know what studio did Little Witch Academia?

Fang of the Sun Dougram - 03

Damn no wonder some of mecha geeks call this best mecha show ever, the story, technobabble and lore are fantastic, the visual also pleasant to the eyes for such a old show, only bad thing the girls is fugly.

I'm two episodes behind and I definitely agree. Everything else is on hold for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom