• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 31: Inquiry

~ People may need societies, but they don't necessarily need "nations". ~

lzncHDT.jpg

Fuck, that Secretary of State or whoever is leading the inquiry has an annoying voice.
It was amazing to finally see the historian side of Yang Wen-Li. The essay, the analysis of the political situation in both the Alliance and the Empire, his replies to the inquiry, all of it was very logical and made perfect sense from a historian's perspective.
Props to Louis Mashengo for punching out several of those secret police dudes. And it seems the coup d'état has strengthened the hold of the political elite on the military ranks.

Branduil

Little Witch Academia

One of the best-looking things ever made. It excels in every area of the animated visual medium, not just the animation but the direction, color design, layouts, background art, and character designs. They take full advantage of the strengths of traditional animation and the short is full of wonderful props and gags that fit the setting. The story is harmless fun with simple but believable characters. I totally called
the teacher being Shiny Chariot.

I'd make .gifs but I'd have to .gif the whole thing. It's going to be hard for Anime Mirai(or Trigger) to top this.

wonzo

Banned
Going over the list of the new Spring Animes in the OP, is there anything that stands out to people?

I am already on-board with Oreimo 2

And what about that Otono Joshi No Anime series? Recommended?
Aku no Hana is the one show to watch this season and the Otona Joshi specials are worth checking out for something different.

We need to make an official tally before the show actually starts so crow can be properly served afterwards.

#teamHYPE

-Branduil

#teamMAGI_2.0

-Duckroll

Feel free to add your name to either list.
#teamMAGI_2.0

Ixion saga - end

It is a shame that it ended ...but it was fun while it lasted .
Nobody in this show was serious and certainly not the writter but the overall product was pure fun.

They provided some crazy MC plot armor skills for them to overthrow an already serious and crazy situation.

I'm kinda sad that it ended

Give me a second season anytime

CorvoSol

MOBILE FIGHTER GOD GUNDAM 40

HOLY. BALLS. You mean Schwarz Bruder is-- I mean but then-- So how does? And what about? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Aside from BLOWING MY PUNY MIND TO PIECES, this episode also had Domon come around and realize Rain is Best Girl, and also had Schwarz prove he is a Caring and Sensitive Guy in addition to Total Badass German Ninja. Oh, and best of all was Rain's father delivering one very well-timed remark to Domon, cutting him down several dozen pegs: "And this is why you have to be careful when dealing with a member of the Kasshu family!"

HHNNNNNNG. THIS SHOW MAN. THIS SHOW.

duckroll

Don't chicken out now. You were the one saying that the first trailer might even be a fake.

I don't understand. I made an observation that they produced the PV before starting work on the actual series. What's wrong with that? Concept trailers don't always represent how a show ends up looking. If they do, that's a good thing. I dunno why everything has to turn into some sort of competition with regards to "hype" or whatever. It's stupid. I post about a lot of shows which interest me, and I like updating people on developments and news for upcoming shows which I'm personally interested in. I don't like how things get translated into users "hyping up" certain series because in the end it has no bearing on the actual quality. All it promotes is people here being mean to each other instead of enjoying a show.

Do you think I sit around going "LOL I SURE HOPE SHINGEKI SUCKS! HAR HAR!"? Really?

Branduil

I don't understand. I made an observation that they produced the PV before starting work on the actual series. What's wrong with that? Concept trailers don't always represent how a show ends up looking. If they do, that's a good thing. I dunno why everything has to turn into some sort of competition with regards to "hype" or whatever. It's stupid. I post about a lot of shows which interest me, and I like updating people on developments and news for upcoming shows which I'm personally interested in. I don't like how things get translated into users "hyping up" certain series because in the end it has no bearing on the actual quality. All it promotes is people here being mean to each other instead of enjoying a show.

Do you think I sit around going "LOL I SURE HOPE SHINGEKI SUCKS! HAR HAR!"? Really?

It's not about what you hope, it's about what you predict. It's not like this is anything serious anyway, but I'll remove you from the list if it upsets you.

Mr.Jeff

Acchi Kocchi 7-13 END

Technically an awful show but damn do I love me some shows about absolutely nothing. Absolutely minimal development but still fun to watch the antics of the cast. Although Hime was just unnecessary pretty much all of the time.

Judging by all the ridiculous hype the series gets, I think I'll have to try GuP next.

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 13

Yep, pretty much introduces the new characters and sets up for season 2. It did at least talk about those gems and the shadow so filling in more story is always nice. It was pretty much a non-ending since the last episode wrapped up pretty nicely, but it gets a pass since a season 2 already been announced.

This show was surprisingly pretty good. The plot was engaging, definitely made me interested in what will happen next or just to see the resolution of it. It has action here and there and the characters aren't half bad either. It doesn't wow, but it also isn't complete trash.

Also:

duckroll

It's not about what you hope, it's about what you predict. It's not like this is anything serious anyway, but I'll remove you from the list if it upsets you.

I'm upset because I think this sort of thing encourages base behavior which is rather harmful to a rational thought process. I read what other people post when they have something to say, and I try to respond to that with things I feel are helpful. When I express opinions of my own, I feel the least others could do would be to do the same. It's not so much that I'm bothered by people actually going "RIP DUCKHYPE", but rather than sometimes when they say that, it actually indicates that they never bothered reading what I've actually said about something in the past.

Long before Psycho-pass aired, I already expressed concerns that the production felt very checkbox-like, and designed by committee. It was something I hoped would not create an artificial series without any actual creative heart in it, but the possibility was always there. That didn't stop people from ignoring that and going "LOLDUCKHYPE" anyway.

Why would I want to encourage people to oversimplify feelings with regards to a series into basically "FOR" or "AGAINST" when it doesn't even have to be this way. If a show seems interesting, shouldn't everyone -want- it to be good? I think expressing caution based on factors involved is healthy, but deep down why wouldn't everyone want a good show? If it airs and something is shit, then it should get shat on, but fighting over something before it even airs is so... stupid. :(

CorvoSol

Gundam 00 S2 15

This show is such shit. Freaking can't even remember IT'S OWN BACKSTORY. I mean REALLY. Monakin asks who Katagiri is, except they BOTH know Lisa Kujo, and the way we know this is because WE SAW A FLASHBACK IN WHICH SHE WAS WITH BOTH OF THEM.

This is a terrible show. So sick of Setsuna's Trans-American GOD GOD GOD junk.

I hate this show, very nearly as much as AGE.

Branduil

I'm upset because I think this sort of thing encourages base behavior which is rather harmful to a rational thought process. I read what other people post when they have something to say, and I try to respond to that with things I feel are helpful. When I express opinions of my own, I feel the least others could do would be to do the same. It's not so much that I'm bothered by people actually going "RIP DUCKHYPE", but rather than sometimes when they say that, it actually indicates that they never bothered reading what I've actually said about something in the past.

Long before Psycho-pass aired, I already expressed concerns that the production felt very checkbox-like, and designed by committee. It was something I hoped would not create an artificial series without any actual creative heart in it, but the possibility was always there. That didn't stop people from ignoring that and going "LOLDUCKHYPE" anyway.

Why would I want to encourage people to oversimplify feelings with regards to a series into basically "FOR" or "AGAINST" when it doesn't even have to be this way. If a show seems interesting, shouldn't everyone -want- it to be good? I think expressing caution based on factors involved is healthy, but deep down why wouldn't everyone want a good show? If it airs and something is shit, then it should get shat on, but fighting over something before it even airs is so... stupid. :(

I didn't create the concept of the hype train, I'm just exploiting it to promote awareness for the series.

Hopefully we can have much more substantial discussions once the series actually airs.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Dokidoki! Precure] 09
Divegrass > Luckswing
> FakeRugby
Dokidoki 09:

so it's p. obvious at this point that Ai is the reborn Marie Ange.
It took you this long to notice it?!
Dokidoki Precure - 9

- Scumbag Joker gonna scum. I've decided to blame him for everything that's wrong with this series. He's dumping his terrible baby-thing on our heroes again.
I WARNED YOU ALL

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE BABBY

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having watched the PVs for Attack on One of Saturn's Moons it seems it suffers from the very common mistake that plagues giant beings attacking civilisation; they always attack the top floor of houses. Seriously, just hang around on the ground floor in the kitchen and you'll be as safe as houses (well some houses)

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 9

This was the funniest episode yet:
- "Quick, flee back to our anti-retard fort!" It's exactly the kind of thing dumb kids would make up.
- The second of silence after Yamasaki finishes his phone call with Nanako.

Also, if that hand holding with Misaki doesn't involve into something substantial next episode, I'm gonna be pissed.

Lastly, they should use Yamasaki's broken heart story for the prologue of their VN.

Andrew J.

Little Witch Academia

I know that after Wolf Children everybody decided that Hosoda was the next Miyazaki, but can Yoh Yoshinari also be the next Miyazaki? Consider it a personal favor.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 9

This was the funniest episode yet:
- "Quick, flee back to our anti-retard fort!" It's exactly the kind of thing dumb kids would make up.
- The second of silence after Yamasaki finishes his phone call with Nanako.

Also, if that hand holding with Misaki doesn't involve into something substantial next episode, I'm gonna be pissed.

Lastly, they should use Yamasaki's broken heart story for the prologue of their VN.

Sato is hung up over something, or shall I say somebody, which you will find out a bit later on. The show gets a bit dark.

Branduil

Having watched the PVs for Attack on One of Saturn's Moons it seems it suffers from the very common mistake that plagues giant beings attacking civilisation; they always attack the top floor of houses. Seriously, just hang around on the ground floor in the kitchen and you'll be as safe as houses (well some houses)

Nah, that most definitely will not keep you safe in the world of Attack on Vicious and Gren's Place of Wartime Bonding.

I feel exploited. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Little Witch Academia

I know that after Wolf Children everybody decided that Hosoda was the next Miyazaki, but can Yoh Yoshinari also be the next Miyazaki? Consider it a personal favor.
Yoshinari's work needs to reach a mainstream audience before he can start to be considered for contention of the title.

CorvoSol

Is that even happening? Thought they hinted at some OVA but no movie.

We live in a world in which, not only are there THREE FFXIII games, but also some people are willing to defend such an absurdity. Of course it's going to happen.

Full Metal Panic! 8

Number of times Sousuke and Kaname have almost kissed:2.
As of volume 17 of Sigma they still haven't kissed, and it was a huge deal when they held hands.
This episode, not unlike episode 40 of GTO, is all about our precious little tsundere coming to terms with the fact that she is hopelessly head over heels for a brain-dead protagonist. This episode also introduces us to Mitsuki, who, while not in Kaname's class, quickly becomes one of the gang.

Metrotab

Banned
Sato is hung up over something, or shall I say somebody, which you will find out a bit later on. The show gets a bit dark.

Dark? Hmmm, I actually liked the slightly humorous self-mocking tone til now.

Yuru Yuri S2 - 9

A study group has always looked like an extremely efficient way to learn things to me. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure to participate in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom