• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little witch academia

is great stuff..

Give me a 2 cour anime in that setting
Little_Witch_Academia.jpg

Give me give me give me

Loving the character , animation was great ..just excellent stuff

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Its a great show, but its like... a show that requires commitment lol.
What episode are you in? The show hits a groove around the episode thirty mark.
Little witch academia

is great stuff..

Give me a 2 cour anime in that setting
TRIGGER set up a lot of lore in those twenty minutes that seems like a corner point towards building an actual television series around. Maybe that will be their next project after the new Imaishi animu? [/fanwank]

Narag

TRIGGER set up a lot of lore in those twenty minutes that seems like a corner point towards building an actual television series around. Maybe that will be their next project after the new Imaishi animu? [/fanwank]

Maybe that's why it has merchandise too.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 31: Inquiry

Not gonna lie, I'm getting a bit addicted to this show. The current rhythm of the episodes is just perfect.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 32: A Battle Without Weapons

~ You could even call it a greenhouse for raising a dictator. ~

And we're on the cusp of the Imperial invasion!
With the Alliance forces handicapped by missing their star Admiral, it is clear they are in a bit of a pinch.
The restaurant guy (who was he anyway?) brought up an interesting point of Yang possibly grasping power in the future, even if he doesn't want to.
Poor Louis Mashengo didn't get any credit from Yang.
Aw yissssssssssssss. I read all LoGH impressions so keep it up.

I watched LoGH in a week so I know the feeling. Pacing is so good.

What episode are you in? The show hits a groove around the episode thirty mark.

Maybe that's why it has merchandise too.

Please don't raise my hopes .
Ps : what kind of merchandise are we talking about ?? i might be intrested.

Branduil

That would be neat, but the TV show would never be able to live up to the animation standard set in the short.

cajunator

Banned
No clue how long these have been off or if at all nor the show quality for most but some anime seems to be returning to Netflix:

Trigun
Hetalia S1-2
Eden of the East
Sekirei
D-Gray Man S2
Initial D: First-Fourth Stage
Black Butler S1
Kenichi S1-2
Hero Tales
Girls Bravo

A good sign.
It is so ridiculously barren on Netflix. I'd say 90% of it is either stuff I already own or have seen and don't care to again. The initial rollout on netflix was amazing. Thats why I am not fond of the whole digital download/streaming model. Things will come and go, but they wont be offered for a long duration.

A good sign.
It is so ridiculously barren on Netflix. I'd say 90% of it is either stuff I already own or have seen and don't care to again. The initial rollout on netflix was amazing. Thats why I am not fond of the whole digital download/streaming model. Things will come and go, but they wont be offered for a long duration.

Netflix is kind of pointless in the context of anime and online digital streaming. With a hulu account one could get access to actually running anime during the season their airing as well as a large selection of content from multiple companies. With a funimation account, one could get currently running series in addition to those all seasons and movies of the anime that are coming back to netflix as listed up there, and the choice of sub or dub.

Jintor

Love Live 12

I've been putting this off because of an assignment and a piece of writing I had to submit, but damn. Definitely more evidence that direction and execution trump premise. The amount of drama they managed to pull out of something that seems relatively trivial is actually quite impressive, and the direction of the scenes after Kotori dropped her bomba was very, very strong. Actually, I felt a lot of the dialogue/translation flowed really well and felt like the kind of thoughts people would be feeling in those situations. It felt 'real' so to speak even though it was about an utterly implausible situation.

It did kind of sideline the whole saving the school thing but I think that was overtaken in importance a few episodes ago at this point.

Narag

Netflix is kind of pointless in the context of anime and online digital streaming. With a hulu account one could get access to actually running anime during the season their airing as well as a large selection of content from multiple companies. With a funimation account, one could get currently running series in addition to those all seasons and movies of the anime that are coming back to netflix as listed up there, and the choice of sub or dub.

Yeah, it's a secondary service for me behind Crunchyroll but it's not to have options. I tend to watch stuff like that on my PS3 but am not fond of Viz's Neon Alley approach and don't think Funi has a PS3 player.

Dresden

Dunno why anyone would settle for anything less than a movie.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hulu is shit. It is one of the most unpleasant ways to watch content, and the video quality on most of their anime is nearly unwatchable.

Hulu is shit. It is one of the most unpleasant ways to watch content, and the video quality on most of their anime is nearly unwatchable.

? It was great in hd for accel world, k, rinne no lagrange, sword art online, and koi to senkyo to chocolate for me and a good backup for simulcasts like psycho pass, kingdom, and codebreaker, and toriko. I had no issues.

Lain

Chihayafuru S2 12

I admit that I felt the the background info about the opponents was wasted time: I wanted to see more of the match!
I'm not sure how I feel about Chihaya's characterization as a slow burner when it matters, though it gives that excitement rush when she starts going.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 07

Great episode besides that Index loser showing up and white knighting the lead. That shit makes my blood boil. :mad:

At least I got some Kuroko humor near the end of the episode at least. #salt

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't remember the Sailor Moon I watched as a kid throwing half naked dudes in my face.

Or maybe it did and I just never noticed.

cajunator

Banned
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 07

Great episode besides that Index loser showing up and white knighting the lead. That shit makes my blood boil. :mad:

At least I got some Kuroko humor near the end of the episode at least. #salt

Kuroko is the only thing that matters. Misaka who?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
? It was great in hd for accel world, k, rinne no lagrange, sword art online, and koi to senkyo to chocolate for me and a good backup for simulcasts like psycho pass, kingdom, and codebreaker, and toriko. I had no issues.
Player is garbage. The advertising scheme is unbearable. Try watching anything from more than a year ago maybe.

Little Witch Academia

Just watch it already it's awesome. Not much to say that hasn't already been said but I do think the music deserves more props. Kind of makes me wonder how much of that grant money went to hiring a full blown orchestra.

Guys, what if LWA is the "Citizen Kane" of anime?!

Citizen Kane was famous because of how it influenced all of film making that came afterwards for the better. As great as LWA was I don't think the lower tier studios are going to look at this and suddenly pump out things anywhere nearly this good. In other words anime isn't saved just yet.

But man, if LWA did pull a Citizen Kane and save anime then it would be the tastiest crow I've ever eaten.

Ixion Saga DT end

Well that was fun. A dumb non-serious solution to a dumb non-serious show.

It was a good series. Wasn't amazing, but it had its moments. Definitely can see the subtle Gintama touch in a few places.

Wish that troll tease at the end was real.

Quasar

Finished the current season of Minami-Ke. This thing really continues to just be a joy to watch.

Though I do have a whole raft of questions about certain plots and whether they will ever move forward or just be eternal like the Simpsons or something. Like Mako-chan ever coming out to Chiaka and Haruka or whether Hosaka will ever approach Haruka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom