• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
When does it begin and why is it not in the OP?
It begins in just over 4 days and it's actually the first thing listed in the OP!

atheistheadnod.gif

fertygo

I guess this is what I felt about it too. All I remember is being really hyped for it, only to finish the movie thinking, "Well, that was a movie alright." It's actually pretty remarkable how little of an impression it has left on me compared to the others.

I still rather it to movie 1 because Shiki and Kokutou ending part and the detective part that make us doubting Shiki actually interesting, its fell apart after its over. fuck that POS Lio, some SAO moment there..

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aikatsu! 24:

It makes sense that the best episode of the series would be completely removed from the IDOL CULTURE stuff and would just be a simple story about Ichigo, Aoi, and Ran bonding over a trip in the country. Good animation, pretty backgrounds, extra attention to character interaction and the smart exclusion of Otome and Yurika, who are great in small doses but would have ruined the natural and laid-back atmosphere of the episode with their overactive, artificial personalities.

I also liked how this episode trolled people who were hoping for fanservice in every way imaginable.
The girls decide to go to a hot spring and get on a train. When Ichigo sees the ocean from the train, she decides that she wants to go to the beach too, but Aoi shoots her down, telling her that it's forbidden for idols to get a tan. Later, when the girls are on a bus en route to the hot spring, Ichigo insists that they get off of the bus because she wants to explore a field of nanohana that she saw from the window. They all get lulled to sleep in the field, and by the time that they wake up and realize that it would be several hours on foot to the hot spring, they cancel the trip and just go home after someone offers to drive them :lol 10/10 trolling; keep it classy, Aikatsu.

on an unrelated note, does anyone else have a problem when using Chrome of the urls in IMG tags disappearing whenever you preview a post? I had to switch temporarily because I managed to fuck up Firefox somehow and this is really annoying.

OceanBlue

I think you misspelled 3.

I think I like 2 way more than most people. I was actually really surprised by all of the lukewarm-to-negative reactions to the movie when it came out. It just hits all of the right buttons with me. The only reason it isn't my favorite is because of how well 5 pulled off the spiral motif.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Little Witch Academia

Just watch it already it's awesome. Not much to say that hasn't already been said but I do think the music deserves more props. Kind of makes me wonder how much of that grant money went to hiring a full blown orchestra.

Citizen Kane was famous because of how it influenced all of film making that came afterwards for the better. As great as LWA was I don't think the lower tier studios are going to look at this and suddenly pump out things anywhere nearly this good. In other words anime isn't saved just yet.

But man, if LWA did pull a Citizen Kane and save anime then it would be the tastiest crow I've ever eaten.

They paid some Russians for the music, so probably not much money.

Also, I brought up Citizen Kane because everyone else brought up Miyazaki. lol

we all know the real citizen kane of anime is gonna be aku no hana. bow down to your rotoscoped future

Kids on the Slope showed us the way!

fertygo

I think I like 2 way more than most people. I was actually really surprised by all of the lukewarm-to-negative reactions to the movie when it came out. It just hits all of the right buttons with me. The only reason it isn't my favorite is because of how well 5 pulled off the spiral motif.
Same here, its 5 > 2 > 4 > 3 and the rest for me.
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far of the movie. It's not too terrible.

First one hour and last 6 minute was good.

duckroll

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20130401_594040.html

vETBPMx.jpg

The Gargantia Blu-ray Box sets which were announced at ACE are confirmed to contain English Subtitles, like most "big" Bandai Visual releases these days. The first set will be released on July 26 for 16,800yen, and will contain the first 4 episodes and a bonus OVA episode (full length episode).

Other goodies:
- Episode 1 will have two audio commentary tracks, one from the staff and one from the cast.

- There will be a special CD Book called Gargantia Logbook 1. It will be about 100 pages with a cover illustration by Hanaharu Naruko. It will contain an Audio Drama CD, a short comic drawn by Naruko (about 10 pages), and a short novel supervised by Urobuchi (about 40 pages), as well as Character design materials from the show and staff interviews.

- Also included is a 224 page storyboard book containing the complete storyboards for the first episode of the show by the director Kazuya Murata.

- Finally there's an Illustration Card Collection which includes 8 cards. They are illustrations which will be used as end title card for the broadcast as well as promotional stuff on the website. This is the first collection, and there will one in each of the box sets.

Box Set 2 will be out on September 25, and the final box will be released on October 25. Interestingly enough, the bonus OVA episode with the first box is labelled as "episode 14", so maybe one of the other boxes will have 5 episodes instead of 4? 13 episodes in total? We'll see.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kara no Kyoukai: Murder Speculation 2

I know a lot of people hated this and part of me hates it too, however, just like the other OVAs there are redeeming elements. Nonsense murderer, stupid sentimental murder philosophy, and some idiotic banter aside I really enjoyed it. I always enjoyed Shiki and Mikiya's dynamic combo together and I thought it came together rather well. I think the show prides itself on atmosphere and it felt extremely worthwhile watching it. I find many of the CG stuff and background crap questionable but w/e. Oh yeah, that SAO scene was stupid as fuck and had it was pretty fucking distasteful. I actually find it more offensive than the SAO scene.

In short, I enjoyed this series for being interesting and more about mood rather than an actual narrative. I'll just view this as an overly-glorified love story with a twist of identification.

I heard the Epilogue OVA is utter and complete garbage so I'll get around to that after Future Gospel.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So
Nichijou S2 announced
Kill Me Baby won Anime of the Decade
Toonami to show Chitose Get You
I'm being made a mod tomorrow
darkside31337 is enjoying his Wii U
Kayos90 was born in the 80s.
Jexhius doesn't wear a coat.
DTL reads Playboy.
firehawk12 ships Gintoki x Toshiro
Mad Pierrot is el Cantare reborn

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So
Nichijou S2 announced
Kill Me Baby won Anime of the Decade
Toonami to show Chitose Get You
I'm being made a mod tomorrow
darkside31337 is enjoying his Wii U
Kayos90 was born in the 80s.
Jexhius doesn't wear a coat.
DTL reads Playboy.
firehawk12 ships Gintoki x Toshiro
Mad Pierrot is el Cantare reborn

Happy April Fools to you as well. :3

Also, not so April Foolsy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-31/2nd-oreimo-season-to-have-16-episodes

AnimeNewsNetwork said:
Aniplex confirmed at Anime Contents Expo on Saturday that the second Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo) anime season will have 16 episodes. The first 13 episodes will air on television, and the last three episodes will be made available at the same time together. The new season will adapt the plot of the original light novel series all the way through the final novel volume.

The second seaon will premiere on Saturday. Aniplex of America already revealed release plans, and Crunchyroll will stream the series outside Japan as it airs.

Jintor

Little Witch Academia

Holy shit. Pitch-perfect in every single respect.

I wish so badly it had been a full-length movie ;__; MOAR PLZ

fertygo

Kara no Kyoukai: Murder Speculation 2

I know a lot of people hated this and part of me hates it too, however, just like the other OVAs there are redeeming elements. Nonsense murderer, stupid sentimental murder philosophy, and some idiotic banter aside I really enjoyed it. I always enjoyed Shiki and Mikiya's dynamic combo together and I thought it came together rather well. I think the show prides itself on atmosphere and it felt extremely worthwhile watching it. I find many of the CG stuff and background crap questionable but w/e. Oh yeah, that SAO scene was stupid as fuck and had it was pretty fucking distasteful. I actually find it more offensive than the SAO scene.

In short, I enjoyed this series for being interesting and more about mood rather than an actual narrative. I'll just view this as an overly-glorified love story with a twist of identification.

I heard the Epilogue OVA is utter and complete garbage so I'll get around to that after Future Gospel.
The prologue is just 30 minute of Maaya Sakamoto dubbing Nasu's bullshit that he write while drunk <3

Girls und Panzer: Final
After marathoning the entire series, I have to say this is by far my favorite show this season. I definitely hope that a Season 2 or a spinoff comes out of this.

Gooooo Ooarai Team!

Kazzy

With all the .gif's that have been posted in the thread, I might be able to vicariously watch the entirety of Little Witch Academia before the day is out.

cajunator

Banned
I actually have both Mikoto (the winner of ISML 2011) and Kuroko in my Yomecolle. It's just so hard to choose between them, so I had to choose both!

And I'll just leave this here. I <3 fripSide. <3 <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqx8tAdID9w

I love that song too! So energetic.

Anybody wants a majestic burger?

H5108xE.gif

I like what I'm seeing. Its nice and plain, like I like my burgers.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 022

FFS girl, will you ever stop being so dumb?
the next episode preview says no :(

All the signs point towards them finally closing in on Nephrite. Good, that pedo deserves it.

That's total bullshit and you know it.

Naru falls for everything. the poor girl just gets played like a fiddle.

Little Witch Academia

It has been a long time since I have seen this kind of 2D animation (should I count Young Animators?). Gosh how I missed it.

WTF, only 30 minutes of heaven.

So this is just one short 30 minute episode? Bummer.

Jintor

Her minions had the most amazing facial animations.
Especially the scene where they're freaked out about the seal, and then blasting the lizard

Grzi

Did someone hack MAL?
FMA: B and Cowboy Bebop have a Naruto image on their pages lol, I assume some other series too.

EDIT: Oh, it's all of the series in their top anime, probably because it's April 1st, I forgot lol.

Dennis

Banned
Girls und Panzer: Final
After marathoning the entire series, I have to say this is by far my favorite show this season. I definitely hope that a Season 2 or a spinoff comes out of this.
So many people are praising this show so I will probably give it a try.

Girls and tanks, now really Japan.

cajunator

Banned
Well its not the first time cute girls and tanks have been combined (Sora no Woto) but certainly the first time that has been the main focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom