• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodacious space Pirates 18-26

I finally got to see the end to this. Such a nice show, full of feel good moments. I think I enjoyed the relaxed nature of the show, where everything is more or less as it appears.
Finishing it also reminded me how cool the ED song is and also how nice the OP is. It also reminded me how awful Omigawa's voice is, but luckily she had really few sentences and appearances.

I enjoyed seeing Marika add girls to her "harem" and I wish I could see more of this show. I wonder if there will be a follow-up one day.

Well theres the movie in 2014.

fertygo

Fang of the Sun : Dougram - 05

Action packed episode, and they looked so good ;__;
But Imaishi didn't have anything to do with LWA.

I know, but the studio proving competent enough to handle show with nice visual flair.

As I said in IRC. LWA might bite Imaishi's show in the ass in terms of over-hyping it despite Imaishi having little involvement on LWA while still being competent.
This sound stupid (sorry)

LWA just supposed to be experiment with limited viewer, its shouldn't be creating buzz whatsoever and their A-game would be in their actual project too.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I remember back when posting an image of official artwork of an overweight Madoka in a swimsuit got me censored.

7Th

Overhype is better than no hype; it has mostly paid off for Aniplex. They've gotten relative failures like Guilty Crown, but Madoka wouldn't have been nearly as popular without all the ANTICIPATION they made sure to build up.

cajunator

Banned
Little Witch Academia.

This was joyous.
It was like a combination of the best elements from Tweeny Witches and Magic Users Club and ALL of the Cute.

Sucy > everything

I watched like this with the sound turned up.
Like being in a mini movie theater.
r977sVS.jpg

Theonik

Little Witch Academia.

This was joyous.
It was like a combination of the best elements from Tweeny Witches and Magic Users Club and ALL of the Cute.

Sucy > everything

Music performed by the Keionbu philharmonic orchestra.

Trojita

Little Witch Academia.

This was joyous.

Sucy > everything

You have objects blocking part of the image?

You cur!

fertygo

Yeah, but any show they make isn't going to have the same kind of budget and production time that LWA had.

Errr.. aniplex motored show not gonna as big as whoever fund this little short?
Yeah I know this time its multiple episode etc etc, but you get it..

Westlo

*Sigh

Don't really want to watch another show when the romantic winner is going to be obvious.

Thanks again DTL.

Omnibus sucks and just panders to every fanbase in 2 episodes, while 95% of the time when they go the standard way the end girl is obvious, that other 5% is fucking glorious (lol shuffle, canvas2) and omnibus kills that 5% off.

Fuck omnibus, gimme some glorious fuckery any time of the week over that no balls shit. And even in the 95% of obvious girl wins when the other fanbase gets their hopes up, good shit.

Omnibus sucks and just panders to every fanbase in 2 episodes, while 95% of the time when they go the standard way the end girl is obvious, that other 5% is fucking glorious (lol shuffle, canvas2) and omnibus kills that 5% off.

Fuck omnibus, gimme some glorious fuckery any time of the week over that no balls shit. And even in the 95% of obvious girl wins when the other fanbase gets their hopes up, good shit.

In amagami that doesn't bother me since i like all girls ..
In other shows i don't mind omnibus because i can just buy the blu-rays of the girls i like and ignore the rest..

For me it's the same as when i replay a Vn to get another route ...i don't mind " what if " scenarios at all .

Westlo

In amagami that doesn't bother me since i like all girls ..
in other show i don't mind omnibus because i can just buy the blu rays of the girls i like et ignore the rest..
For me it's the same as when i replay a Vn to get another route ...i don't mind " what if " scenarios at all .

I don't mind it as a bonus (Clannad Tomoyo + Kyou, Haruka KGNE route, though fuck her), but as part of a main show I'll be glad when this fad is over.

Amagami is just a reaction to butthurt eroge fanboys from Kimikiss anyway. "oh my god they made another male main character for these 2 girls, my butt is hurt" etc.

Also the Kai and Mao fuckery was awesome, and there were legit people that thought the "Main" main MC was going to get with that other girl, entertainment with a capital E.

I just want some shipping wars :( (Kimikiss, Frontier and True Tears being all around the same time spoiled me)

/XX/

Seems like Gonzo and Zexcs pretty much embezzled most of the money LOL. They certainly didn't spend it making better animation.
The objective is training the "youngsters", though. Maybe their approach will be more fruitful in the future...

7Th

Imaishi's upcoming show is most likely going to get Gurren-Lagann-like budget; I think they want it to have a similar kind of mass appeal, to be honest. It's definitely not going to be a free-for-all, friends-only kind of show like Panty & Stocking.

7Th

The objective is training the "youngsters", though. Maybe their approach will be more fruitful in the future...

I think Trigger wanted LWA to advertise themselves rather than to actually train young animators (the young animators they used were already extremely talented...); they're probably going to try to profit from it, too. It's definitely the most marketable Anime Mirai work to date.

/XX/

I don't see how making ugly or boring shorts will help young animators.
They are preparing them for what kind of dull products they sometimes will have to affront while being part of that industry, where they are mere gears in the whole process... or do you think all will have the opportunity to participate on whimsical, showy projects like LWA any day? :-D

Trojita

Isn't there an ero manga that deals with a guy meeting his favorite female wrestler and then sleeping with her and all of the other female wrestlers?

BluWacky

I don't see how making ugly or boring shorts will help young animators.

Well, as mentioned previously in this thread and in the ANN article I linked earlier, Arve Rezzle was never intended to be an Anime Mirai short - it was supposed to be a full series at one point. Whatever happened to the Studio Pierrot short I don't know, but Arve Rezzle took its place. Presumably they had to shunt staff around and make things work at relatively short notice, seeing as Pierrot's short was still on the cards last summer.

That doesn't excuse the apparent lack of quality of Gonzo's short, but then I'm not sure what else you'd expect - even at the height of their workload Gonzo weren't exactly well-regarded for their actual animation...

I don't mind it as a bonus (Clannad Tomoyo + Kyou, Haruka KGNE route, though fuck her), but as part of a main show I'll be glad when this fad is over.

Amagami is just a reaction to butthurt eroge fanboys from Kimikiss anyway. "oh my god they made another male main character for these 2 girls, my butt is hurt" etc.

Also the Kai and Mao fuckery was awesome, and there were legit people that thought the "Main" main MC was going to get with that other girl, entertainment with a capital E.

I just want some shipping wars :( (Kimikiss, Frontier and True Tears being all around the same time spoiled me)

Lol so you don't mind the outcome , you just want the wars to happen and have fun ?

You're typical vilain in anime :)

Seriously wars are good BUT not when people are passionnate. #animegaf will prevail but not other communities.

Isn't there an ero manga that deals with a guy meeting his favorite female wrestler and then sleeping with her and all of the other female wrestlers?

Surprised this hasn't happenned yet.

I appreciate it when a show like Amagami uses it well and have all the girls win (except Rihoko) especially since all of them are indeed likable. Though I do acknowledge that when used badly it can turn into a turd like Yosuga no Sora.

And does something special happen in canvas2? I remember watching Shuffle when they had Asa win and turned Kaeda into a yandere, which since I played the VN, threw me into a complete loop.

Westlo

Lol so you don't mind the outcome , you just want the wars to happen and have fun ?

You're typical vilain in anime :)

Seriously wars are good BUT not when people are passionnate. #animegaf will prevail but not other communities.

I honestly enjoy the fuckkery of shippin wars way too much, them and the Shinn vs Kira war back when Destiny aired were just too fun. It does add a fondness to the anime in question, well as long as you were on the right side I suppose.

I regret being absent from anime when KGNE aired though :(

DiGiKerot

That doesn't excuse the apparent lack of quality of Gonzo's short, but then I'm not sure what else you'd expect - even at the height of their workload Gonzo weren't exactly well-regarded for their actual animation...

Well, they weren't well regarded for their animation in aggregate - a lot of their first episodes looked pretty great. It's how they tricked those foreign investors into licensing all those crappy shows before they actually aired!

Though I'm not sure how much historical Gonzo precedent you can apply at this point given how much staff turnover there's been, and how many of those guys simply left to start new studios back when things went tits-up.

BluWacky

Well, they weren't well regarded for their animation in aggregate - a lot of their first episodes looked pretty great. It's how they tricked those foreign investors into licensing all those crappy shows before they actually aired!

Oh boy, I remember :(

Though I'm not sure how much historical Gonzo precedent you can apply at this point given how much staff turnover there's been, and how many of those guys simply left to start new studios back when things went tits-up.

Ryo's key staff, judging from the few credits on ANN, seems to be mostly made up of staff who worked on Last Exile 2. Koichi Chigira is of course a long-term Gonzo employee, as is the producer Shinichiro Ishikawa. Of course I understand your point entirely, but I'm still comfortable using my old preconceptions to judge the new, resurrected Gonzo at this point.

I'm actually just waiting for them to animate something I'm interested in again before judging them anew. Back in the day, despite the inevitable disappointment of most of their shows, they adapted some interesting titles and had some great initial concepts. I can't imagine anyone doing something like Gankutsuou or Red Garden - hell, even Romeo X Juliet - in this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom