• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Macross SDF - 02

#TeamMinMay

Fuck off Misa, you look like a men.

And dat falling sakuga, anime has declined.

Notice how many times that falling sequence has been done in other stuff, Frontier homage, E7, ZSZ OP etc.

And man way to early to ship in Macross at that stage..... also Minmay sucks except for in DYRL... regardless you'll come around...

Come at me bro.

*runs*

Da fuck? Team Ranka

shakehead.gif

7Th

The BELIEVE part wasn't even the bad part of Arisu. All the pointless, repetitive angst that lead absolutely nowhere and
was resolved by almonds
is Arisu's main problem.

Jex

[Little Witch Academia]

All hail Trigger, etc, etc. This was a pretty fantastic short and one of the best anime works that I have had the pleasure of consuming in some time.

Just about everything thing that I can think to discuss about this production would simply be praising how great it is rather than any substantive criticism, to the point where the real difficulty would be in trying to find weaknesses with the work.

Just one minor thing to point out - I really appreciate how mature the direction is. This visuals are undoubtedly lush and beautiful but the individual shots are constructed in such a manner that the audience is never lost despite the visual splendour unfurling before them. Your eye is never drawn anywhere unnecessarily. For example, take a look at this really early shot:

LWA_zps1c9eb2fc.jpg:original

This is a really lively and attractive crowd scene. Note how all the characters look like individuals and it's not just a lazy copy & paste job. Yet, even though there's quite a number of characters visible in the frame your eye is drawn to Diana. Now, this is a very brief shot and you'd probably not notice this unless you watched the short twice (because how else would you know who she is) but she's present in this initial crowd scene very briefly and the way the director highlights her presence is not by zooming in on her face but by simply having her wear a purple outfit while everyone else is in green and brown. It's simple but elegant.

Crunchyroll got Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos W!

Based on the stories written by Manta Aisora, and inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos, Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos W is set to broadcast every Sunday starting on April 7th at 10:05 am Pacific Time for its premium members. Free members will be able to view one (1) week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

NYARKO-SAN: ANOTHER CRAWLING CHAOS W will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: Worldwide except Japan for Premium members and USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden for Free members.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I knew it, Jehxius always rewatches things before posting about them.

That's how he picks up all these little tidbits.

OceanBlue

I knew it, Jehxius always rewatches things before posting about them.

That's how he picks up all these little tidbits.

I usually try and do the same, or at the very least go back to scenes I remember. First watch is to turn your brain off, second watch is to ask yourself what's going on. For someone like me who isn't that astute, it helps me notice smaller things I wouldn't have seen the first time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's like when I rewatched the first episode of Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu (Gachi Rangers one) and noticed Inuguchi (Dog Boy) pops up at the end. Also When Gachi Ranger Pink is driving the bus the camera zooms out. If you look carefully she's been replaced by a male stunt double. Yeah, that's about the only time I noticed something clever.

oh my god it's not sucy. stop spelling it this way. fuck gg.
What be gg?

OceanBlue

It's like when I rewatched the first episode of Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu (Gachi Rangers one) and noticed Inuguchi (Dog Boy) pops up at the end. Also When Gachi Ranger Pink is driving the bus the camera zooms out. If you look carefully she's been replaced by a male stunt double. Yeah, that's about the only time I noticed something clever.

A lot of those things usually fly over my head. A lot of the time, I don't even notice weird things like "QUALITY" or inconsistencies (like all of the PP ones people mentioned).

He's a real bro. Honestly if you're going to have a series as long as Conan is, then you'd better damn well flesh everyone out and they do.

Indeed. They've done a great job at really fleshing out everyone in Conan. I love how Shiratori evolved from being a smug asshole in his earliest appearances to becoming an absolute favorite. I really like how Aoyama fleshes out everyone's backstories and building their relationships.

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 13

Well, I'm glad I did my mouryou research post before watching this episode, because otherwise a lot of the stuff that happened here would have gone straight over my head. Did you read it, Metrotab?

[...]

It's not a show I'd recommend to many people, but I'm glad I watched it, and I got a lot out of it in the end. When I started it, I loved how it tackled post-war Japan (a road less traveled in anime, for sure), but it ended up somewhere very different from where I thought it'd go. It's a dense, multilayered mystery show that demands more from the viewer than just following the plot, and while it doesn't necessarily nail all of its ambitions, it's an experiment worth seeing if you're interested in that idea.

It wasn't the best of this backlog season, but it was a worthy addition.
Well, I'm glad someone fought the good fight! As I've mentioned on many occasions, it's a truly a 'unique' series in the manner in which it delivers it's story and the amount of work it expects the audience to put in. For a far simpler, but still creatively told, story you should check out the Aoi Bungaku section directed by the same guy: Run Melos.

Steroyd

Whenever I think of Magi, I always think of myself as Aladdin and DTL as Alibaba. Sometimes I say hurtful things because they are true, and it hurts his feelings, but I also do stupid things sometimes and it embarrasses him. But he's always smiling and looking ahead, optimistic and ready to fight the next battle. If he falls, he tries to get stronger, and together we BELIEVE in a better world out there. <3

h6qEYK9.jpg

The greatest love story ever told, *sheds tear*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom